http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 05:47:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: final fantasy 7 on the psp.  (Read 817 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:00:38 AM »

in this video,a guy plays final fantasy 7on his PSP...with the help of firmware or something,i dont understand all this,but would relish the chance to have final fantasy 7 on my PSP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW4m0gkei9k

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 12:48:06 PM »

Yeah, there is a hacked firmware that allows you to play pretty much any PS1 game on your PSP, not just the ones that Sony allows for download from their PS store.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 01:14:07 PM »

I curse anyone who is able to play FF7 on their PSP ><
warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 03:54:25 PM »

It's pretty damn sweet.  I'm playing Suikoden right now and I just finished Spyro the Dragon.  Kinda solves the problem of the PSP not having enough good games to play.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 07:01:20 PM »

Quote from: warning on January 28, 2007, 03:54:25 PM

It's pretty damn sweet.  I'm playing Suikoden right now and I just finished Spyro the Dragon.  Kinda solves the problem of the PSP not having enough good games to play.

Of course it doesn't take any advantage of any of the strong hardware of the PSP...

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 08:23:51 PM »

Is it easy to do?
warning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 01:57:05 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on January 28, 2007, 08:23:51 PM

Is it easy to do?

Well I did it and I'm pretty lame.  Tongue

Actually it is fairly complicated.  I had to first upgrade to the correct firmware that let me then downgrade to firmware 1.5 (risking bricking my PSP the whole time).  Once I was at firmware 1.5 I had to install a custom firmware made by some guy named Dark AleX who is probably 12 years old.  Once that worked then I had to "acquire" a copy of the PS3 downloaded PS1 game Hot Shots 2 (fortunately I own Hot Shots 2 so I didn't feel guilty about it) and use it, along with an ISO of my own copy of Suikoden to make a bootable PS1 game that I then copied to my PSP.

The good news is once I went through all that crap I'm in good shape to basically play any PS1 game on my PSP.   I even figured out this past week how to manage taking screenshots while I'm playing (see below for an actual screenshot of Suikoden 1 from my PSP).

[attachment deleted by admin]
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 03:43:29 AM »

As warning stated - it's a bit complicated, but once you've done it you're done for good. Thankfully there's a few easy to follow guides out there (and it's something I can't post as the sites violate the ToS) that have most everything handy in one place.

Just keep in mind that if something goes horribly wrong, you've just totaled your PSP. While I (and many others) have done it without issues, others have had things go wrong (including one of the posters here).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: