http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 11:25:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 6 Advance  (Read 1221 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2007, 10:43:50 PM »

My first post in weeks and by god its a console one. smile

Anyone looking forward to this one? Its a port of the SNES FF3 game with enhancement. FF3 is the only FF game I ever loved. I can only recall it having airships and a dwarf like place inside a volcano  and a cool overland travel map. But I loved it. I triedd FF7 years ago but it was WAY too slow. Animations took forever and you could not skip them and such.

Hope this one turns out good. I also hope I can stand the random battles. Im a little tired ofthat feature. Thats why FF12 looks interesting too.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 11:48:51 PM »

will be getting it, but just played it for the first time a couple of years ago, so probably won't be diving in right away...

on a related note, just started ffv a few days ago, & am having much more fun with it than i'd been having with the ffiii ds remake (pretty as it is)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 11:52:19 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on January 09, 2007, 10:43:50 PM

Anyone looking forward to this one? Its a port of the SNES FF3 game with enhancement. FF3 is the only FF game I ever loved. I can only recall it having airships and a dwarf like place inside a volcano  and a cool overland travel map.

The dwarf area is in Final Fantasy 4 (aka Final Fantasy 2 in the US).

FF6 (aka Final Fantasy 3) is the one with Kefka.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 11:57:01 PM »

I'm looking forward to owning it in portable form, but I just played it through a couple of years ago (for the first time actually) so it's fresh enough in my mind that I probably won't replay it any time soon. 
depward

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 12:06:43 AM »

I get around to playing it once a year or so.  Love that game... probably my all-time favorite.  Looking forward to the GBA port... just hope they don't muck it up.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 12:26:39 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on January 09, 2007, 10:43:50 PM

Anyone looking forward to this one? Its a port of the SNES FF3 game with enhancement. FF3 is the only FF game I ever loved. I can only recall it having airships and a dwarf like place inside a volcano  and a cool overland travel map. But I loved it. I triedd FF7 years ago but it was WAY too slow. Animations took forever and you could not skip them and such.

Hope this one turns out good. I also hope I can stand the random battles. Im a little tired ofthat feature. Thats why FF12 looks interesting too.

I've got Final Fantasy 6 on the PS1 with the Final Fantasy Anthology (which I've been playing on the PS3). Is there any reason to get this? Are there any new features over the PS1 version? The PS1 version had added FMV and a couple other changes I believe.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 12:31:54 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 10, 2007, 12:26:39 AM

I've got Final Fantasy 6 on the PS1 with the Final Fantasy Anthology (which I've been playing on the PS3). Is there any reason to get this? Are there any new features over the PS1 version? The PS1 version had added FMV and a couple other changes I believe.

There is some additional content (an extra dungeon or two I believe) but the big reason is that the PS1 version sucks due to crappy emulation- it can take several seconds just to go in and out of menus, which you are doing a lot. 

I also think I read that it has a new translation but the original translation was actually pretty good, unlike the botched FF4 SNES translation, so no worries either way there. 
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 03:25:12 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 10, 2007, 12:31:54 AM

I also think I read that it has a new translation but the original translation was actually pretty good, unlike the botched FF4 SNES translation, so no worries either way there. 

"You spoony Bard!"   icon_biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 04:04:51 AM »

Will the FMVs from the PS1 version be put onto the DS version? If so, then that's reason enough to go snag a DS. FFVI is in my top three all time right behind Planescape: Torment and Half-Life (I consider the saga one game).

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 05:14:59 AM »

It's a GBA game, not DS, so there are no FMVs.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 05:36:52 AM »

Can you play it on the DS though?

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 06:24:07 AM »

i think i have final fantasy 6 on the ps1...wasnt part of the anthology though...the anthology one i have is ...parts 4 and 5 i think

final fantasy 6 for ps1,came on its own but with a playable demo of final fantasy 10(that you couldnt use on the ps1,obviously).....i think its the one with the characters in the giant robots like that straight to video movie in the 80's called robot jox,if anyone remembers that

i heard it was the best one from the first 6...anyone wanna comfirm that...i have 1-6(not yet got number 3 though)..but havent really played them(always on my to play list)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 06:28:23 AM »

It was part of Final Fantasy Chronicles. Had Chrono Trigger included as well I believe.

Playing: ? 360 | FO: New Vegas | BF4 PC / 360 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 06:47:55 AM »

Final Fantasy Anthology was FF5 and FF6, while FF Chronicles was FF4 and Chrono Trigger.  6 is generally considered the best of the first 6, with FF4 usually second.

"Can you play it on the DS though?"
Yes, all GBA games should be playable on the DS.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 06:55:00 AM »

ahh,well sorry we had it different here in the UK...chrono trigger has never been released here

i just ran upstairs to get the games,this is our versions

final fantasy origins-final fantasy 1+2

final fantasy anthology-final fantasy 4+5

final fantasy 6(with playable FFX demo)

we have never had chronno trigger or the proper number 3...we are still waiting to see if we are gonna get final fantasy 3 on the DS...no news yet

(FF12 comes out feb 23rd)

so,as you can see...we in the UK,get screwed crybaby

EDIT: just looking at final fantasy anthology(FF4 and 5)...it has european edition under the main title
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 06:56:37 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 02:15:30 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 10, 2007, 06:55:00 AM

we are still waiting to see if we are gonna get final fantasy 3 on the DS...no news yet

I feel very 100% confident that you will get FF3 on the DS.  It's a huge Square release. 

That said, the DS is region free so you could just import the US version if you wanted to. 
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 05:34:15 PM »

FF6 will be a definite purchase for me. It's my favorite in the series, and by all accounts this port will run much better than the PS1 port did (loading times were awful) as well as likely having closer sound quality to the SNES version (the PS1 music was tinny and off in its attempts to emulate the SNES sound chip) due to the similarities in hardware.

In addition, while not having the FMV of the PS1 port, it'll have the standard features of the other GBA ports including additional adventure content and refinements. I'm really excited for it. icon_biggrin

I've been in Final Fantasy nirvana since November: I'm still playing through FFXII, I'm enjoying FF3 DS, and then I'll have FFV and VI to play through on the GBA. icon_biggrin

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 08:12:25 PM »

There's a preview in the new Nintendo Power.  The new additions are 4 new espers, a new "extremely challenging" dungeon that unlocks an endurance-battle mode, bestiary, music player, character portraits during conversations, and a reworked script.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 06:10:27 PM »

Is'nt FF3 on SNES the one I remember being sorta steampunk? There were flying airships and a character that was an engineer or something?

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
unbreakable
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 06:13:22 PM »

Most FF games feature airships, and a character named Cid (who generally... but not always... tends to be an engineer-type).

It's kind of amusing.  I like how FF keeps certain recurring themes in their games.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 10:14:57 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on January 11, 2007, 06:10:27 PM

Is'nt FF3 on SNES the one I remember being sorta steampunk? There were flying airships and a character that was an engineer or something?

Yes, this one was heavily influenced by steampunk. Witness the first city where everything kicks off which is run entirely by steam furnaces. I can't wait for this to hit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: