http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 05:58:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fight Night Round 3 DEMO!!! On Xbox Live Marketplace NOW!  (Read 1960 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2006, 12:33:43 AM »

wOOt!

The Marketplace is the single best thing about the 360!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 12:42:15 AM »

I guess I'll download this, just to look at the pretty graphics.  You are right about the marketplace too!  I LOVE it!

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 12:46:49 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"

The Marketplace is the single best thing about the 360!

Testify!  I've spent maybe 2x more time playing around with the marketplace than I've actually spent playing the games I own.  About the only thing I wish I had now was more hard disk space!  That 20gigs fills up pretty quickly once you download all of the demos/trailers....

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 12:56:04 AM »

Its UNREAL really. Its a shame that Sony doesnt see it the same way. this is clearly the future of consoles.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 01:15:20 AM »

Shouldn't this be in the Sports forum?   :wink:

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 01:19:35 AM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"
Shouldn't this be in the Sports forum?   :wink:

Party pooper!   Tongue

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 01:23:30 AM »

Nice, thanks Hetz! I wasn't even planning to fire up my 360 tonite.  biggrin  D/L now

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 01:52:41 AM »

The Live Marketplace is freaking awesome. It is the best feature on a console that I can remember in a long time.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 02:05:53 AM »

i just got done playing around with the demo...graphics are pretty amazing, but that's about the only thing that impressed me about the demo.  maybe boxing games just aren't my thing, but i found it to be slow and kinda boring...i'll admit i didn't really know what i was doing though (but still won every time).  

as for the Marketplace...absolutely awesome service.  i've been trying out pretty much every demo available and have found some great stuff...not to mention it's a great way to show off the 360 to friends and let them see other games you haven't bought yet.  there's hours of free gaming just waiting for download Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 02:33:05 AM »

Well, I like the game and I might just pick it up.  I love Boxing.  I can do quite well with Bernard  Hopkins, but kept getting my arse kicked with Roy Jones Jr.  

I think I will be spending sometime playing this demo.   My only issue was with the announcer.  When I was winning with B. Hopkins they kep saying I was getting my ass kicked.  It was the same when I was playing as R. Jones. They kept saying I was beating B.Hopkins when I was clearly losing.   I hope they fix that

NiM$
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 02:34:12 AM »

Quote from: "disarm"
i just got done playing around with the demo...graphics are pretty amazing, but that's about the only thing that impressed me about the demo.  maybe boxing games just aren't my thing, but i found it to be slow and kinda boring...i'll admit i didn't really know what i was doing though (but still won every time).  

as for the Marketplace...absolutely awesome service.  i've been trying out pretty much every demo available and have found some great stuff...not to mention it's a great way to show off the 360 to friends and let them see other games you haven't bought yet.  there's hours of free gaming just waiting for download Cool

Same here. The graphics are amazing, but I am just reminded of why I haven't liked any boxing game since Punch-Out on the NES. They are just too slow and boring, for me at least.

Fans of Fight Night should love this game though.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 03:31:26 AM »

Boxing/boxing games aren't normally my thing (save Mike Tyson's Punchout), but I really dug Fight Night Round 2 when I rented it last year.  If the 360 version is the same game with purdier graphics, then I'm all in.

Another 35% to download to find out...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 01:03:05 PM »

I like the Marketplace as well but don't understand the cost of things.  I see a download is X number of whatever those things are and my balance is zero.  How in the hell do I get these 'dollars'?  I am playing games.  What more am I supposed to do?

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 01:18:51 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
I like the Marketplace as well but don't understand the cost of things.  I see a download is X number of whatever those things are and my balance is zero.  How in the hell do I get these 'dollars'?  I am playing games.  What more am I supposed to do?

You have to purchase the MS points.  You can actually buy a card from a retail store or purchase them online.   There is scale around here that breakes down how many points = dollars

NiM$
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 01:19:38 PM »

You have to buy the points.. 2000 points for 25.00

Im about to buy another 2000.. Im shocked.. LOVE the marketplace.

The point system is GENIUS I have no idea what Im spending... I go oh, 300 point.. SURE I HAVE 2000.... not realizing I spent over 6$ on that

360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 01:44:50 PM »

plus the points system is a unified currency across the board, so I'm not buying an addon for a Lionhead game  or 6.5EU or 10USD or 12CAD. Blech. Gimme points instead.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Loomi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 02:36:59 PM »

Prior to release of the 360, I didn't really care about the marketplace and didn't read much about it, but it's definitely one of my favorite things about the console.  I'd be curious to see how much profit MS is making from the marketplace because I wonder how much it's helping(if any) to offset the losses from each console sold.  

I kinda wish you could see what people on your friends list are downloading.  A lot of times, I'll see you guys downloading something and I'll wonder if something new got released.  Is there somewhere that you can look for new stuff only?

XBL Gamertag: Loomi 360
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 03:12:37 PM »

Graphics are remarkable.
Round-by-round replays need to be overhauled completely or scrapped.
Gameplay...I'm not so sure...never played a game like this. There's virtually no blocking taking place.
I'm not familiar with the series but the scoring seems to favor big punches overt scoring points with jabs. I peppered Jones with 200 jabs (landed) in 4 rounds and only won two of them.

For the life of me, I can't throw an uppercut or haymaker. This is using config 5. I tried the total punch control and couldn't do a bloody thing. I did figure out how to throw body punches by holding the left trigger.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 05:31:07 PM »

If it's the same as the first one for face button punching, you hit both jab and hook simultaneously for an uppercut (been a while, so I'm not 100% on this).  As for haymakers, I believe that's only available with the Total Punch Control.

Reallly, I'd advise trying out TPC again.  It's a pretty simple system once you get the hang of it, and it feels a lot better than just mashing face buttons.

JLu

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 05:45:55 PM »

For points you can also buy them in smaller increments right from your 360 so long as your credit card is on file on it.  I think I bought 500 points last night for $6.25 -- just enough for Geometry Wars!

Good to hear on this demo being available.  I want to try this one out.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 06:15:14 PM »

Oh Boy. As a fan of the sport...I'm impressed with the gameplay!

It took me about two hours and a controller config switch (to #6) before I was able to find my groove. #6 was the only config I found that allowed me to block. The block is on the right stick now, so it's not just putting your hands up, but protecting the area matching the stick direction....very nice. Bobbing, weaving, body blows, uppercuts, hooks, clenching, taunting and jabs. It's all there but you have to use them as the boxer you are playing with would, his style really matters here. Hopkins has a crappy left jab, even worse straight right....but has nasty hooks from both sides. You just can't expect to throw a left jab followed by a left hook with blazing speed and super accuracy though, nor throw a crushing uppercut from a straight up stance...we're just not built to do those things really well. smile

Things I dont like or wish were better are:

-The replays are bad, really bad.

-The commentary could be less invasive, plus more consistant about what's happening in the fight.

-A ref in the ring would be nice if it wasn't too much of a distraction, the commentary keeps mentioning him...yet he's nowhere to be found.

-Being able to step back quickly. Without it, guys with a jabbing style may be in trouble.

-Push offs. We can clench, we should be able to push off.

If this thing comes with a good online component, It'll be a pre-order.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 06:27:16 PM »

Quick question, as it's not clear from this thread. Do you have to use points to download a demo? If so, that seems pretty slimy to make people pay for something that's usually free (at least on the PC).
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2006, 06:33:00 PM »

Nope.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 06:37:01 PM »

Cool. I can save my righteous indignation for another day then.  smile
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 06:42:49 PM »

I'm going to have to put more time in on this one.  I love it, but the controls didn't seem quite as fluid and responsive as they did for FN Round 2.  I'm not sure whether that's because it's a pre-release demo, if I'm remembering wrong, if there are serious underlying problems, or whether I just really, really don't like Bernard Hopkins' style.

Still a Day 1 purchase for me, though.

Booner

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 08:20:35 PM »

If you are looking to let your hands fly with flashy point scoring combos, fight as RJ Jr. and work behind the jab. It's good enough to open Hopkins up for harder punches and quick enough that your not too exposed.

Hopkins is best at counterpunching, especially with hooks and uppercuts. Just bob/block till JR Jr misses and lay into his body with a left hook...he'll drop his hands giving you the opportunity for bigger shots upstairs.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2006, 12:16:16 AM »

This demo is pretty neat.  I'm not really a huge fan of boxing games and would tire of this game quickly, but I had fun playing 3 fights.  First fight I got my ass kicked playing as Roy Jones Jr. and I won the next two fights playing as Hopkins.  The announcer is annoying and always off and like others said, the replays are absolutely terrible.  This game has amazing graphics and the replays fail to show them off.  They dont even show key parts of the fight and I have a feeling they will be changed for the full version of the game.  Other than that, I'm assuming it plays like the previous Fight Night games.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2006, 03:22:35 AM »

Quote from: "Booner"
-Push offs. We can clench, we should be able to push off.

My opponent did push off when I tried to clinch once, and I only did that a couple of times.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2006, 10:29:50 AM »

They have everything set to auto in the demo.  No cutman between rounds, and getting up is automagic.  The full experience will be a little more 'interactive' I'm sure.  I must be rusty though, I got my butt kicked!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2006, 01:31:12 PM »

Im sure this will be multiplayer on live? anyone hear? would love to knock you guys around the ring... love this game.

360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: