http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 09:21:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fight Night 2004  (Read 783 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2004, 09:21:55 PM »

it's been a while since it was released. How's it hold up?

i'm thinking about picking it up...
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 11:07:27 PM »

I beat it on all weight classes, that help ya with the purchase decision?  I really liked pretty much all of it except the music.  Rap just isn't my thing.  (I swear one guy is yelling "Dreidel" though) If the deal falls through I might have an Xbox copy that we can negotiate. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 08:00:06 PM »

This is a bit late, but I got this game and it is amazing! It is a real boxing game!
I have a problem throwing too many punches, but I had that problem in 4D Boxing as well.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 09:25:18 PM »

I found it very fun - punchin blockin and movement is handled phenominally (and pretty realistically I might add).  The learnin curve can be a bit high at first (gettin your fingers to throw fast enough to the open area, and quickly combo to other areas) but once you get it down it really is absolutely solid in the ring - you'll find yourself bobbin, weavin blockin what you cant then comin back with a combo to his now open jaw after the missed sweepin right - pretty awesome stuff.  Plus its got a neat lil mini game system to up various stats (i found some VERY hard though - but dont worry there's an option asked EVERYTIME to auto play - so you can do the ones you're best at and let the comp do the rest - I find this to be kinda cheatin though smile
Other pluses - you face a good variety of fighters - from big slow bruisers, straight out power punchers, speedy lil guys thatll take you to the end and everywhere in between.  And finally, if you like the whole collection thing thats there too with a huge variety of shorts, gloves shoes etc to amass, as well as your own theme music and crazy over the top entrances (yes, there are doves smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: