http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 08:38:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Field Ops  (Read 600 times)
davidf
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2007, 04:16:47 PM »

I had NO idea this was coming down the pike. Field Ops is a hybrid RTS/Shooter. This would normall never appeal to me but their is a lot of strategy in just planning the missions, and not just the missions themselves, Your characters can level and gain new abilities. In strategy mode you control a squad, which is my weakness, tactical RTS/RPGs (it has a little of both ya). You can play in either mode, whatever your preference is. The risk is by doing both, neither will be particularly strong, but the lack of tactical RTS has been extreme the last year so Im hopeful!

Information and hands on
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/fieldops/index.html

Develop/Publisher
http://www.digitalreality.hu/index.php
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 05:56:47 PM »

I've always had a weakness for weird Europe/Eastern Europe devved games.  icon_biggrin (This is from Hungary, as the .hu in the domain gives away).

If you ever get a PSP, I'll have to steer you to SOCOM: Tactical Strike -- which is not like this per se, but does mix parts of different genres (shooters, strategy, small squad tactical etc.) in a fun way that's difficult to boilerplate in a press release.

Dave is good at highlighting lesser known games that fall between the cracks (i.e., they are not overhyped and shoved down your throat by aggressive PR people and frantically fawning corporate-size gaming news sites... oh I'm gettin cynical, I'll stop. smile), and we share a fondness for squad-tactical things in various genres, fwiw.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 06:01:28 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
davidf
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 06:30:53 PM »

I do love my party based RPGS, Temple of Elemental Evil, Freedom Force series, Silent Storm series, Baudlers Gate series, Tourment, Jagged Alliance series, X-COM...ahhh great memories!

I'm also tempted to replay The Fall: Last days of Gaia  - The BEST Party based RPG I've played in the last few years (Including NWN2 and expansion IMO), despite having to endure english subtitles and german voice work. I should start a thread here on it, I loved it so much a created A walkthrouh for it smile

I'm also waiting for the price drop on:
  • Daywatch (sequel to Nightwatch CRPG)
  • Escape from Paradise City
  • Eschalon: Book 1 (maybe considering getting it, a little to retro looking though

On the horizon I'm waiting with bated breath for Drakensang!
Hard to be a God, if it ever comes out.

If i missed anything recently worthy of note I would be immensely appreciative to hear it !:)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 06:34:35 PM by davidf » Logged
Enigma
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 01:19:41 AM »

Davidf, I'm really curious about The Fall, but can't seem to figure out how I can get my hands on it.  I live in the US?  can you point me in the right direction?

Now Playing:
PS3: Demon Souls
PC:   Diablo III, Saints Row 3, Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: