http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 01:10:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FFXI update - c'mon you know you were waiting for this!  (Read 1436 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2006, 05:52:30 PM »

I have fallen off the face of the planet... thanks to my first ever MMORPG.  I was always glad they cost money because i was pretty sure this is what  would happen.  Then along comes the free beta of Final Fantasy XI for the 360.  Now I have no idea what I'm going to do when Oblivion comes out - OMG!  :shock:

So I leveled up my Warrior to level 20... getting the subjob quest along the way at level 18 or 19.  Now I'm leveling my White Mage - and finally am getting to cast spells.  Just for the sheer fun of it one night, I ran around looking for injured and dying players and saving their lives, lol.  Enough people saved me early on that it just was so much fun to be able to do it that I can't get anywhere anymore without checking everyone's characters, lol.  As a level 1, I even got to save a powerful mage, because he was down to 10 health and couldnt kneel or heal because he was poisoned and had no MP left.  I cast him my measley 22 points of health, which kept him alive for a bit, then knelt to recover my MP, then cast it again.  After that, he could kneel, and shortly after that he cast this monstrously huge cure spell on himself and was good to go!  What fun, lol.  :lol:

Can't wait to get Protect...  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 05:55:39 PM »

Oh, heh... all this time it's always said you were on the PlayOnline Viewer, not in the actual game, when I see you on X-Box Live.  biggrin

FFXI was fairly enjoyable when I tried it.  I just couldn't stand the controls on the pc.  It was obvious that the interface and controls were designed to be played on a console controller (which is true; the game was developed for the PS2 first and foremost).

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 05:59:19 PM »

Congrats Myto! I wondered what you were doing in the Playonline viewer for the last two weeks! smile
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 06:22:27 PM »

LOL, i guess it will be that way until the real game comes out.  I never had even heard of the Playonline thing - can't say I'm all that impressed  either. Lots of messages, updates, "you didn't sign out properly" - yes I did, dammit! - but maybe i won't be dealing with them when the real game is out.  I don't know, as I  have no time to look up such frivolous info!

Yeah, Farscry, it's been a transition for me - using controller and keyboard at the same/ alternting times.  But I only use the keyboard to type and talk, not to play.  There are macros you can set to the controller triggers, plus menu choices from the X button as well.  

I hate it so much, i'm going back now to leveling my White Mage, lol - c ya soon (or later, lol)... :twisted:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

depward

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 06:49:25 PM »

myto!  I was going to say - you haven't been around in awhile!

I'm glad you're having fun with FFXI.  It was my first MMORPG as well, and although some people didn't particularily care for it, I thought FFXI had a lot of substance, nice graphics, and an involving battle system.

Nicely done on the sub job quest!  How long did it take for you to get a magicked skull?

It's fun to run along with your White Mage job and heal up random people.  Watch out though when you're such a low level - those gobs can still sense the "hate" you accumulate by healing an ally, even if he/she isn't in your party and you don't engage the monster.

Glad to hear you're having fun!   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 11:46:05 PM »

I hate you all with you Xbox 360s and your FFXI, I'm sitting here with my PS2 and FFXI. frown

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 02:11:36 AM »

Gee, thanks Dep, didn't think of that!  I don't know much about the whole Aggro thing, although I havent' been going near gobs due to being a low level - although it's 7 now... whoop!  As for the skull, yeah right!  I got the first two items fine, with a party of strangers... but one of our higher level linkshell mages offered to bring two of us to the secret beach to get the skulls, lol.  I'm not as stupid as i think, apparently, cz I accepted the offer.Although we did get our heads handed to us on a platter when one of our party of six didn't make it into the room to fight the Dragon in the Emissary Mission, lol.

Darren8r - after the 360 game comes out, about a week later, the server should have everyone integrated - we can all play together!  It'll be like Ratchet Deadlocked! well, with swords and spells... and - well never mind.

Speaking of RD, going up now to play, you'd better be there!  Then back to FFXI... I have to level my subjob to 10 asap.   Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 02:14:22 AM »

ps2 and 360 people are going to be able to play together???
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 02:17:45 AM »

As far as i know, everyone will be able to, PC'ers too - this could be old info - does anyone know for sure?  There is supposedly going to be a one week delay with only 360 users having the expansion (or something is a week later, lol)... but I think that we will all be in the same sandbox together... Cool

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 02:28:11 AM »

Yea i heard we can all play on the server together too.

Sure glad I'm a 75 Tongue

Darn noob Myto and her 20 hehe biggrin

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 04:05:00 AM »

So, where can one get access to this?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 05:11:51 AM »

I warned ya kiddo smile

Ascendent
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 08:42:46 PM »

I almost regret getting you interested in FFXI, Myto.

*ALMOST* biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 10:05:04 PM »

I would like to point out that it doesn't matter when I log into Live - morning, noon, or night - I always see mytocles on that damn Playonline Viewer thing.

Here's hoping Oblivion can break your addiction smile

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 10:53:02 PM »

Here's hoping Oblivion can break your addiction

Dimmona youre the kind of person who says to your friend "Dude, Im worried about all the heroin youve been doing, take this bag of blow and detox" arent you? smile
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 10:56:23 PM »

Quote from: "Doopri"

Dimmona youre the kind of person who says to your friend "Dude, Im worried about all the heroin youve been doing, take this bag of blow and detox" arent you? smile

:lol:

TheMissingLink on PSN
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 03:20:01 PM »

Quote from: "Doopri"

ROFL

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2006, 01:39:27 PM »

must admit,didnt think much of the game when i got it on pc.........i mean,i liked it..but it wasnt like the other FFs(online for one)...and i was a bit shy to get into parties and linkshells....then i got  the beta,started to enjoy it a lot more(i think its the control pad)
and then i got into a linkshell and started partying...with this lady who wouldnt leave me alone :wink: ...and we got levelling,and we got laughing and we got killed(once or twice,yep,the dragon),and now everytime i log on ...there she is...wouldnt be half the game if she weren't there...LOL

have you all guessed who it is yet?

hiya myto,how are you ?.thanks for giving me this site address

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
depward

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2006, 06:34:47 PM »

Gah, I've had an inkling to resubscribe to FFXI due to more people playing AND the expansion coming up.  I mean, couple of cool things about the expansion:

I.  Three new jobs, INCLUDING a Puppeteer class!  I MEAN, HOW COOL would being a Puppeteer be?!  Blue Mage and Corsair as well.

II.  Chocobo breeding.  And racing.  Very cool!

III.  Seiges.  Kind of like endless amounts of enemies respawning for beseige points or something, like that mode in UT2k4.  Another cool element.

But I don't have the time!  Plus my character is most likely lost - I heard they deleted a lot of old unsubscribing characters back in December.  Boooo.  Ah well though.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2006, 11:04:32 PM »

dude, call them. They delete old chars 18 months old. biggrin I got Stabbetty back online in Phoenix.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 08:50:59 AM »

LOL every one of these comments made me laugh, well you know, except for the serious ones... Dude, call them... Stabbety... etc.   :lol:  the heroin/ blow/ addiction thing, OMG... poor Dimmona, but you know, with that avatar... we can't help ourselves.  It still makes me crack up everytime I see it.

Darren8r, I can't wait to join your level 75 party - you can power level me and Metallicorphan - thanks for the offer!  Tongue

And as for being on the Playonline thing all the time, I'm sure that was just a glitch -  I'm sure I was attending to my daily life activities as normal... "Hurry UP, Dog, go already, I gotta get back in the house!" Although I must admit that occasionally I left the game on while my character sat in the Auction House area, with a bazaar running... cz I'm so very poor in this game.  I'd wake up from my nap and find that I was 500 gil richer - wow - too bad the sword/ shield/ armor or whatever that  I wanted next cost like 10 or 25K...

I just don't know what will happen when Oblivion comes out, OMG that is going to be painful trying to split time between the two.

CeeKay, u can play the beta now, it was in the Feb. edition of OXM - i'll bet someone here would give you one if you asked.  Might not be a bad idea since the game is being pushed back at least to mid April, maybe end of April (I'm so out of touch now, don't go by me, lol).  You could get your character going at least.  Just be warned - it really is a chore to get going, not only in the game, but with Playonline as well.  Many here didn't stick with it cz it was such a pain.  I'm glad I did - in a kinda masochistic way!

And Metal, dear friend - welcome to GamingTrend - the single coolest gaming forum on the planet... where, admittedly I havent been lately.  But  they won't get rid of me entirely, lol, just temporarily.  Someday we'll have to tell them the Bee Gee's story...

I was so proud of myself tonight, I logged off a little after 3 AM - and here I am talking about the game instead of sleeping, lol.  Have a great night all - and wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!   :twisted:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 03:22:22 PM »

OXM(UK edition) have given final fantasy 11 5/10....which i think is absolute BS

that means that according to them the game is worse than the harry potter games or even EAs FIFA games

the reason they gave it 5/10 is because they said that the game is to time consuming,and that it is to big......................WTF????....if you are gonna subscribe to a game,aren't these some of the main advantages to an MMORPG?

i had problems getting used to the game on pc,because i dont like sitting at my desk playing games,on the 360.................its perfect,once you are in that party or linkshell,its some of the most fun i have had on xbox live

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: