http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 11:00:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FFXI - Linkshell - interested? Read this, please!  (Read 3003 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2006, 05:26:40 PM »

Okay, here's the deal, lol:

Lots of folks at GT are coming to Asura and many have been asking about an official GT Linkshell.  Metallicorphan and I have an existing Linkshell that we are still trying to get all of our former members back on board.  Some are back, some are still having trouble gettiing into the game with their beta character import, and a few are in game and we just haven't managed to get them their pearl yet.  

If you know nothing of Linkshells, they are like a clan, more or less, and you need a pearl from one of the Very Important Grand Poobahs who can give them out - namely, in this case, Metallicorphan or me.  And they have to be directly handed to you, they cant be mailed, ie.

So, the only problem with adding everyone from GT who wants to join - is if it turned out to be too many people to keep a reasonable sized Linkshell.  What this post is for, is to gauge how many people would like to join our Linkshell.  If 5 people say they want in, then they're in and we're done, lol.  If 20 people want in, then I know we'd have to make a separate LS for GT folks only (you can be in more than one at once, just can only have one equipped at a time).

So, please read our "Mission Statement" - lol - carefully - and decide if you like our grand theory of linkshells, then post here if you want in, so we can get a count of how many are interested.

We want everyone to have FUN for starters, however, we also emphasize HELPFULNESS, RESPECT, and PRIDE in our "brotherhood" lol - and sisterhood, of course.  We will tolerate no racism, sexism, or anti-anything.  We're not so Politically Correct that we'll kick you if say the popular phrase "oh that's so gay" lol - but if you're polite, well-meaning, fun, etc. you will be welcome, and we celebrate diversity - so we won't allow anyone to offend anyone else.

Now that sounds very severe, lol, but I just want to warn everyone ahead of time.  We have newbs, we have middling levels, and we have a few super-duper incredible people - and we all help each other out.  On the other hand, that doesnt mean you will be spending a week helping newbs, either.  If u want to go off and level up for a week, no problem.  But if someone asks you for a favor, and you can do it reasonably easily - you do it.  We trade things back and forth all the time, and don't worry about exact value (like the Trading Forum, lol).  If we can affford it, we give stuff to our newbs.   We seem to live by the Girl Scout code, apparently! Oh, okay, you can be Boy Scouts if you prefer. Tongue

If you are a loner, or want to piss all over newbs, or a racist, sexist, homophobe, then you dont want us, lol - well you still can if you are a loner, we have a few of those, it's just that every once in a while we may ask you to help a newb accomplish something.

So, that in mind - please post here if you'd like to join our LS - it's a great, friendly, fun LS, despite the gloom-and-doom I just seem to have described!

If you'd prefer an all-GT LS, please post that too - neither Metal nor I will be in charge of a GT LS, so also post if you'd like to head one up and do the work to get it going.

Whew, too long, sorry, let's get some numbers going and we'll go from there.  Again: I'm Myto on FFXI, feel free to send me a Tell, though I may miss it or be delayed in answering, cz I seem to be inundated by Live msgs and Tells as soon as I log on, lol.  

I'm going on the game now, and am going to get another World Pass, since I've (of course) lost track of how many people I gave the first one to.  If any of you have the first number and it doesnt work, let me know - i'll be in game with another one relatively soon.  Perhaps about 2PM Eastern time...

Oh, and we'd like everyone who doesn't have a strong inclination to another town, to choose - or move to - Bastok, we are primarily Bastok-based now and would like to keep it that way.  Also any questions, re: Linkshells or Asura, feel free to post them here, I know I didnt cover everything despite the length of the post.

There, that's it, lol - oh and we tend to overuse lol and lmao, too!  :lol:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 02:52:26 AM »

I'm curious if you are allowed to choose what server you start on in the 360 version of FF11.  One of my problems with the game on the PS2 was that you needed someone to get a world pass to play on the same server.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 04:32:16 AM »

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure you'll just get assigned to a random server... but if you want to come to Asura, just ask, we'll give you a number to enter when you register (the World Pass number) and you can come to Asura.

There are four GT members on our LS now, come on along, lol!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 06:28:08 PM »

Can you still play toons from the pc version with you guys?  I believe I had a toon to about lvl 30 before I quit last time.  Would love to join back up but this game is pretty group-centric and without a LS its pointless
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 07:50:38 PM »

Yes, FFXI is cross-platform.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 08:23:23 PM »

dunno about the toon, lol, but i'd be glad to give u a linkshell pearl if u agree with our "Mission Statement" lol - not as bad as i made  it sound - ask Arkon or DiscoJason if they like our LS... will give u a world pass number if u want to come join in Asura! just ask...  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 01:47:15 PM »

Well, I agree to the extensive rules and regulations you have so graciously set forth.  I will be getting the expansion tonight and reinstalling.  It took me forever to intall last time if i remember correctly however so I may not be on until tommorrow
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 04:46:41 PM »

yeah,i have it for pc as well,and it is only on pcCD and not DVD,so it took me something like 6hrs to install and update last time i did it,lol

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 07:52:40 PM »

soulbringer - just be very careful of every step if you will be trying to bring your character with you.  There are two other threads re: FFXI, where various problems and solutions have been mentioned, that you may want to check if you haven't yet.  For PC (maybe others) there is a promotion to bring your character back that I know Purge mentioned.

And if you need a World Pass number just let me or Metallicorphan know and we'll get you one.  You probably need it to specify Asura server.  I'd post it here, but I've lost track of how many times it's been used (there are five uses and they last a week - please note that, anyone who has one and hasn't used it yet).  Plus I really want GT members to have it, not lurkers.  We'd also like you to make Bastok your base if you have no major reasons to do otherwise.

Good Luck and can't wait to see you aboard!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 08:01:58 PM »

yes,please bastok,as we were first on friday...now we are 3rd in the conquest,LOL

people ARE still having problems registering and in the UK the registering server has been down since thursady night(i got on thursday afternoon)

people are going apeshit on xbox.com,lol

soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 12:59:37 AM »

Well, I installed and now cannot remember my Pol password.  Heh been on hold on phone and internet chat for about 30mins now to see if I can get a reset.  Hope to be on soon.
Andraax
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 01:02:42 AM »

I'd be interested in coming to Asura. I've just installed the PC version for the first time this past weekend. I figured with a bunch of new X360 folks it would be as good a time as any to start up. I'm a MMORPG veteran, but FFXI is one I hadn't tried before now.

I ended up on Gilgamesh server, (where Bastok is leading). After hitting level 8 I figured I know a little of what's going on, and I don't want to invest too much time there if I'm going to start again on Asura.

I'm fine with your policies for the LS. I'm rather looking forward to meeting some people to group up with. I was soloing my way to 10th with a monk, but I can see where a group would be required after 10th.

How much is a world pass anyway?
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 02:27:01 AM »

No cost, just let me know when you want your world pass number (I'll go get one now, and have it ready, not sure if there are spaces on the first one left or not).  Or, duh, I'll PM you the first number, try it - if it's no longer working, just wait, I'm heading out of mog right now to get another, and will PM it as soon as I have it.  Then you'd just have to meet up with me or Metallicorphan to get the pearl to join the link. Tongue

Farscry, if you are reading this, did you ever use your number? Anyone else try and it didnt' work? email me if so...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 03:29:35 AM »

Well, now I know how World Passes work... I knew they had a week time limit and 5 uses per pass.  I found out that if you try to go buy another, and the time has not expired, you can't get one.  Mine has no uses left and 71 hours to go!  :cry:

However, we can get any of the linkshell members to get one, or I can have Metal get one tonight - we're questing together at 2 AM Eastern time, and I'll let him know...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 11:01:21 AM »

as soon as we are back in bastok,we will get one....

or we will get one of our link guys to get one and tell us the number(which is the more likely,because at the moment we are miles away in the new world,exploring),

so myto can PM it to whoever wants to come

soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 12:19:25 AM »

Ok can someone pm me a worldpass so I can get online with you guys.   Currently installed and ready to go.  Thanks

Edited to add that I am gonna start fresh from scratch.  I completely forgot how to play the game and would rather learn again in newbie land.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 12:32:38 AM »

okay i finally got the number - everyone on the LS was miles from towns... PM coming!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 12:05:33 PM »

I haven't installed it yet, however I will be bringing Stabbetty online.

I have a problem with you setting a 20 person ceiling on the LS though.... IIRC a large linkshell with great people to play with was WHY I was sucked into the game. with 20 people, how often are you going to play?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Andraax
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 01:14:55 PM »

I'm on Asura now, but only late last night so all I did was arrive in Bastok and log out.

Look for Andraax. I'm starting as a monk.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 03:58:06 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
I haven't installed it yet, however I will be bringing Stabbetty online.

I have a problem with you setting a 20 person ceiling on the LS though.... IIRC a large linkshell with great people to play with was WHY I was sucked into the game. with 20 people, how often are you going to play?

20 people all speaking and asking questions or sending tells at once can get over your head...when someone comes on and says hello it takes 5 minutes just for the last person to say hello back.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 04:18:06 PM »

Purge, don't worry, it's already getting big, lol... and we have lots of regulars that are on all the time.

We'll just have to be careful with the private tells, too much just plain joking around on LS when 15 ppl are on at once, and staying on party line when in parties.  Obviously, that's only for when tons of ppl are on.  

But we MUST HAVE STABBETTY, so get yourself in touch with me when your gonna be on and i'll get you a pearl!   Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 10:17:26 PM »

No character transfer service. frown

which means that *IF* they offer a migration service to a new server we would have to move to it (from Asura) and anyone's old chars from the other world. :s ... there are no new servers right now.

New char for me, it seems.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
depward

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 08:26:41 PM »

(I've been waiting to chat with a service rep for about 30 mins. but thought I'd ask):

Does anyone know if I can resub a deleted character after say, oh, pretty much almost a year after I stopped paying for it?  I've heard of S-E "reviving" super-old characters for people before, but yeah.  Because I have a hankering to play FFXI again but I don't want to lose my Chujimomo crazy Black Mage dude!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
warning

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 09:57:20 PM »

Aww.. I saw the thread and thought Mytocles was back.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 12:45:30 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
Does anyone know if I can resub a deleted character after say, oh, pretty much almost a year after I stopped paying for it?  I've heard of S-E "reviving" super-old characters for people before, but yeah.  Because I have a hankering to play FFXI again but I don't want to lose my Chujimomo crazy Black Mage dude!

I have to say this much - FFXI is the ONLY MMO out there that'll actually delete your characters after you've stopped playing the game.

The only other game I've ever heard of nuking your characters is EQ1, and that was only for level 5 (takes all of like 45 minutes to get) characters and below.

To answer your question though - I've seen Square occasionally advertise how they were undeleting characters to try to get people to play again from time to time, but I haven't seen one end up in my inbox recently.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
depward

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 01:54:41 AM »

Yeah, I waited about two hours (minimized windows at work FTW!) for their on-line customer service rep to chat it up with me.

Alas, they deleted poor ole' Chujimomo since he had been "deactivated" for more than 12 months.  Sad really.  I put a lot into that little toon   :cry:

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 06:56:32 AM »

that is sad,especially after you go through all that trouble

every now and then they have a return to vanadiel thing where you can reactivate your old characters......i dont know if 12 months would be too long though

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 10:04:48 AM »

omg - everything has changed since i fell of the face of the planet... or maybe it's my new laptop. Everything looks all different here!

All i know is i want to come back, i really, really do! i just need some AA-FF help - for the addicted. This has never happened to me this badly, so i dunno what to do!

i do have a pile of reasons tho, mebbe i'll actually post my whole story in Off-Topic someday... lots of illness in the family, and with friends... several wakes and funerals and weddings... And i drowned my laptop too, fairly recently getting it's files back and into this newer one.  

So, hi again, i hope to be back on Console Gaming, Off-topic, and the Trading Forum of course! I need rules, guidance, and structure tho, cz i cannot stop playing this game! Write to me and beg me to respond! I really think of you all every day and miss you all too! And one of these days I'll even catch up - some - on the forums...

confused  confused  confused  confused

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

warning

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 11:26:11 AM »

biggrin

Come back Myto!  Come baaacckk!

Seriously it's good to know you're okay.  I was getting a bit worried about you.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 10:59:14 PM »

Well, we should be thankful for this much.  If she were playing WoW she would be lost to us forever.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2006, 08:45:03 AM »

lol, u guys... it's good to be back, i'm gonna try and make it stick this time!  and i'm fine - sorta, just need more sleep. i'm also praying that WoW does not ever come to the 360. Being a non PC player has saved me from this craziness until recently.

oh dear, lookit me, i've gone all game-typing-speak-and-spell...

I shoulda known i'd be a goner - from the start with the 8-bit Zelda, I've been a gaming addict... but, now it seems odd to play games that don't have people (almost wrote "ppl" lol) at the other end of them!  Even with Oblivion, which i adore and could not wait another second for... i now play when playonline does maintenance.  You never could've convinced me that would ever be possible, just a few months ago.

I really need to get back to using my email and gaming forum to wake up to over coffee - instead of checking in at the Auction House and collecting mail with mules.  But just in case.... anyone who also wants no life come to our linkshell lol - best one on the game!  
omg, i'm all lol and exclamation points and no capital I in i'm... sheesh.

see ya all soon and more i hope!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2006, 02:52:16 PM »

dont worry too much about world of warcraft coming to 360 myto,even if it does,i doubt we will have enough room on our hard drives for both WoW and FF11 :lol:

depward

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2006, 03:58:31 PM »

SE is trying to revive Chuji!  HOORAY!

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2006, 02:49:48 PM »

SE is trying to revive Chuji! HOORAY!

Yay, Chuji!

Can't wait, Dep, keep us posted so we can get you on Asura, unless they can do it during their process (?)

Woot!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

depward

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2006, 08:23:59 PM »

The Chronicles of Chujimomo reinstatement: Day 1

-S-E says: You probably need to call
-1st call - everything is going well, "yes we can 'revive' that character, just need some things... k... k.... POL registration ID" - oopsies I don't have that, "Call back when you do."
-I get the info
-2nd call - 15 minute wait: "Oh, do you have the original Content ID of the character?"  I say the dude before said I didn't need it.  He says, "Oh you do."
-Wait 5 mins. to call again to talk to someone else (lol)
-20 minute wait and hang up

DAY ONE IS UNSUCCESSFUL.  I thought they were resolving this through e-mail, but told me to call after a couple of e-mails.  I suppose I shall try again tomorrow.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2006, 04:22:28 AM »

DAY ONE IS UNSUCCESSFUL

Lol, then you are right on track! Every single person I know had trouble with just the installation - not to mention having a special request like reinstating a character!  :roll:

Everything I know about Playonline just confirms that the sytem sucks totally.  I did have one problem and had great help from two people in support, but it sounds hit or miss for you.

Do ask them if you will need a World or a Gold Pass, so we can get you that number, otherwise you will get to the installation point where it asks for it... and won't have one.  Tell me which you need when you are certain you are going through with this - I think it is the Gold Pass for one use - and I'll get it before that point.  And keep trying, please!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

depward

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2006, 07:23:19 PM »

THE END of the Chronicles of Chujimomo: Day 2

Called, no wait time, talked to a rep:

"Looks like you talked to a rep yesterday and you don't have your Content ID and it isn't active."

DUH!  I deleted the character over a year ago!  OF COURSE it wouldn't be active!  I have everything else though.

I say, "But the first rep and I were going through the process of restoration and he didn't need the Content ID number - he just needed my POL registration code which I have now."

Rep says, "No, we need your original Content ID number for your character."

So I'm screwed I guess.  WHY the hell was I able to do it through the first rep dude and no one else now?!  Looks like Chuji might be staying in the grave   :?

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2006, 05:18:55 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
Looks like Chuji might be staying in the grave   :?

Undoubtedly for the best...

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: