http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 04:56:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FFVII: Advent Children (what platform?)  (Read 1140 times)
GGMark
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2005, 08:03:35 AM »

Due date for this is 3/14.  Anyone know if its still true?  Whats it coming out on.  I had heard PSP, but some sites say ps2. and it sort of looks like the Square site says DVD.  Just wondered if anyone had any information they could add.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 08:11:05 AM »

Sorry to tell you this, but it's not a new FF7 game.

The good news is, it's an FF7 CGI movie.  There's a trailer floating around on the net that you should be able to find with some searching.

It takes place 2 years after the end of FF7.  Sephiroth is back in someway, perhaps by influencing some children and infusing them with his power or something.  The trailer shows cloud fighting some sepheroth look alike kids that are giving him a run for his money.

Cloud and the gang is back, the CG is great as always.  Tifa kicks butt in this one scene in the trailer.  I'm not sure how it will be released, probably a DVD here in the US (hence the march 14th release?)

Here's the japanese website.
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

ANd what looks like a knowledgeable fansite:
http://www.adventchildren.net/

Another bit of good news is that Square, or at least some ranking staff, is really planning an FF7 sequel game.  Something about it being set several years after the movie, but you know how secretive Square is.

By the way, where did you see the 3/14 release date?  I've been looking forward to this, and if there's going to be a release, I want to get it day one.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 01:18:17 PM »

This is the first I have heard of a release as well.  If it was coming out this coming Tuesday I would think it would be in Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.'s databases...no such luck.

And the movie will be released on PSP...in UMD movie format, that was confirmed quite a bit ago.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 01:21:48 PM »

My understanding is that the movie will be released first for the PSP in whatever media format it uses (UMD or something like that), then will get a DVD release later.  I don't think they've set a specific north american DVD release date yet, but they have said that it will be released here.

As for a new FFVII game, there are a couple different ones.  FFVII:  Before Crisis is a cell-phone game centering around the Turks and is only available in Japan.  FFVII:  Dirge of Cerebrus is an action game with Vincent as the lead.  They also just announced a FFVII Snowboarding game for cell phones that is a recreation of the snowboarding mini-game in the Golden Saucer.  There's a rumor that they are doing a complete remake of FFVII for either PSP or PS3, but the rumor has been floating around forever and nothing has ever been confirmed by Square.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 01:25:28 PM »

FF7: Advent Children was delayed some time ago, either to summer of 2005 or fall.  Unknown whether it'll be a worldwide release or not.  I'm hoping for yes, with subtitles, but odds are Japan will get it first, with a US dubbing coming after.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 03:59:01 PM »

I knew it was a movie, yes.  The Square site says 3/14, I believe as does 1up.com.  Stinks that it may have been delayed, I have really been looking forward to this one..frown
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

There's also an FF7 action RPG called Crisis Core in the works for the PSP.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 08:10:39 PM »

Yeah, a lot of FF7 stuff going on, they must realize it's one of their most popular, or at least, most well recognized games.

I distinctly read that in one of the interviews done with either the FF9 or FF12 director that he was pursuing a true FF7 sequel, not just spin offs for mobile platforms.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: