http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 11:13:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FF7 Advent Children voice actors, details  (Read 2292 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2006, 09:51:58 AM »

RPGamer has some news about the upcoming European release of the Advent Children movie.  The voice actors for Cloud and Aerith from Kingdom Hearts (Steve Burton and Mandy Moore) reprise their roles for the movie, and Jessica Alba is also featured, presumably as Tifa.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 05:15:28 PM »

Cool!
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 05:28:09 PM »

I wonder if the story will make sense.  I watched the subtitled version which floated around the net a few months ago and I was just silly.  

sure looked pretty though.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 05:33:04 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
I wonder if the story will make sense.  I watched the subtitled version which floated around the net a few months ago and I was just silly.  

sure looked pretty though.

The story is really pretty lame, even for the most ardent FFVII fanboys (of which I am one).  However, the visuals more than make up for what the story lacks.  It is a absolutely incredible and jaw-dropping work of art.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 05:39:17 PM »

I saw the preview on Godzilla: Final Wars and my jaw immediately hit the ground and stayed there. Holy sweet merciful Christ does that look stunning...

And stupid storylines with stunning visuals are the mainstay of both anime and Hollywood summer movies, so why should Advent Children be any different? smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 08:19:58 PM »

I don't know.  Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but I dislike the idea of having "mainstream" people do voice work for FFVII Advent Children.  I don't want to be listening to Tifa and think, "Oh, that sounds like Jessica Alba . . ."  Then again, I guess I also don't want no-name people who would do a shoddy job.

Eh, I'm hard to please   biggrin   It was a cool movie!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 08:37:48 PM »

Quote from: "depward"
I don't know.  Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but I dislike the idea of having "mainstream" people do voice work for FFVII Advent Children.  I don't want to be listening to Tifa and think, "Oh, that sounds like Jessica Alba . . ."  Then again, I guess I also don't want no-name people who would do a shoddy job.

I was trying to think of a way to say this as well.  I've been in multiple auditions and seen people trying to get these roles (not in Advent Children...) so I'm bothered a little bit by their choice.  On the other hand,  hearing Mark Hamill, Patrick Stewart, and David Ogden Steirs perform roles in Miyazaki films and others...it really does rock.  *shrug*

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 09:56:23 PM »

Kind of weird they are going with Mandy Moore when she isn't doing Aerith's voice in Kingdom Hearts 2 (I believe Mena Suvari is).
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 10:28:13 PM »

I hate Mandy Moore because of that stupid "Candy" song.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
depward

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 11:27:43 PM »

Quote from: "Darren8r"

HAHA I bought that single of hers waaaay back when because I thought she was cute on the cover.  I had never heard of her before and thought, "Eh, what the heck."  My purchasing that single jumpstarted her career!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 11:41:55 PM »

Quote from: "Darren8r"

HAHA I bought that single of hers waaaay back when because I thought she was cute on the cover.  I had never heard of her before and thought, "Eh, what the heck."  My purchasing that single jumpstarted her career!

And for that alone we, for the good of humanity, forthwith revoke your mancard. It will be returned to you only at such time as you have proven yourself worthy of this card. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Lucky numbers: 4-8-15-16-23-42

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2006, 01:09:26 AM »

DON'T USE THE NUMBERS!!!

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 02:23:11 AM »

i'll go with subtitles, thanks...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2006, 12:33:35 PM »

+1 ... I found that the big-name talent in FF:spirits within detracted from the characters, given that the characters in NO WAY resembled the actors doing their voice.

Disney has always altered their characters to slightly resemble the voice actor; it makes the sounds match the shape... ( think of sebastien without the lip, or Kronk a skinny little pipsqueak)

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2006, 12:40:15 PM »

I liked the subtitled version.  The movie looked great.  I think I agree though, that the named actors detracted from the movie.  As well as with Princess Mononoke.  I guess its all personal opinion.  I presume that the people who did the voices in japanese were possibly well known japanese actors?
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2006, 07:56:30 PM »

Where can I buy a subtitled version by the way?  I would like to get it now and not wait.  Plus, I think I would like it in the original language anyway.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 04:09:47 PM »

only out in japan right now.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 04:46:11 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
Where can I buy a subtitled version by the way?  I would like to get it now and not wait.  Plus, I think I would like it in the original language anyway.

It can be bought on Ebay, and I think you can add subtitles to it, so that might be a legal way-and others here have known how to do it illegally for a while. Maybe send a few PMs, but dont ask for it on the boards  :twisted:
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 03:13:31 AM »

SquareEnix has given the North American release information here.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 03:30:52 PM »

ROFL, it's steve blum!  XD

he's taking over the world, one dub at a time! *can't stop laughing...*  first cowboy bebop, then on to bigger and better things - samurai champloo, naruto, and, most notably, Dynasty Warriors 4 (where he played...uh, just about everybody)....  

oh, that is AWESOME.  steve blum as vinnie...aw, jeez...

i'm thinking that i'll be laughing my ass off through the whole dub. (Rachael Leigh Cook?!  egads...)  and i'll definitely stick with my japanese copy.

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2006, 06:49:01 AM »

i have a version on a bootleg DVD,and yes its subtitled

i thought it was a great film,hell of a lot better than the spirits within,as this was more to do with the games....ff7 and 9 are the only ones i have finished,so i suppose it might not make any sense to those who not only haven't finished the game but not even played it...it had the characters ,the limit breaks,and the summons......and the usual moogles and a guy called cid(obviously as he is one of the main characters)....cant remember there being a chocobo,now i come to think of it

oh,and it makes a change that we have our details for a release before america

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2006, 07:50:53 AM »

If it's not dual-language, I'm importing.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2006, 11:13:08 PM »

Can you not legally buy the japanese version now?  If so, where? I hate dubbed japanese movies.  The out of syncness of it all totally ruins it for me.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2006, 04:54:58 AM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
Can you not legally buy the japanese version now?  If so, where? I hate dubbed japanese movies.  The out of syncness of it all totally ruins it for me.

Japan isn't Region 1, so you would need either a Region Free DVD player or find a copy of Advent Children already released in a Region 1 country that is legitimate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: