http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 05:18:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FF 7 on PSP?  (Read 1618 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2005, 09:56:12 PM »

I saw this posted in the old E3 forum

AgtFox:
They're now showing off FF VII: Advent Children on the PSP...they say it's about 70 min. long (the full movie).

What happened with this title? Is it still coming? I dont like racing, sports. or puzzle games. Hoping for some strategy, shooters, and RPGs so this would be cool.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 09:57:52 PM »

FF7: Advent Children is a movie not a game.  It is coming out on DVD and UMD (PSP), but there is no known date of release yet.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 09:57:53 PM »

Sorry, it's a CGI movie, not a game.  That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some Square Enix games on the PSP.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 10:02:23 PM »

Aw drat..I was looking forward  to a great game as a reason to try and get a PSP someday..oh well.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 10:35:10 PM »

Don't worry, they are definately coming, we just have to wait till after E3...

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 11:12:41 PM »

Oh yeah, E3.  I imagine the PSP is going to get a lot of new games announced there.  No wonder we haven't seen many announcements of new games since the launch.

I would not be surprised at all if Square rereleased some old PS1 rpgs on the PSP.  I wouldn't mind trying FF7-9 on the PSP.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 12:27:32 AM »

Persona is apparently in the works for a PSP release.  I find that pretty dang cool!

And I would second some good psx RPGs for the PSP.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
RamPanther
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 12:36:18 AM »

The manager at my local EB said that Advent Children was NOT coming to America, based in part on the extremely poor revenues of the original Final Fantasy movie in the United States.

I hope he's wrong. (Although you could still import since UMDs are not region locked)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 12:41:06 AM »

Quote from: "RamPanther"
The manager at my local EB said that Advent Children was NOT coming to America, based in part on the extremely poor revenues of the original Final Fantasy movie in the United States.

I hope he's wrong. (Although you could still import since UMDs are not region locked)

He's wrong. It'll be here.  The poor revenue for the FF movie was a major financial blow to Square but they have nothing to lose releasing it here- they only need to pay for localisation.  It may not get a theatrical release but a UMD/DVD release is a guaranteed money maker.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 01:20:01 AM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

He's wrong. It'll be here.  The poor revenue for the FF movie was a major financial blow to Square but they have nothing to lose releasing it here- they only need to pay for localisation.  It may not get a theatrical release but a UMD/DVD release is a guaranteed money maker.

Well unless it is going to be in English everywhere they would have the cost of good actors.  That can be expensive.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 01:32:44 AM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

Well unless it is going to be in English everywhere they would have the cost of good actors.  That can be expensive.

Hence localisation in the above smile

Seriously, I've never seen anything at all to indicate that this will not be coming to the US.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 02:24:54 AM »

Releasing it on UMD is a waste of time and money.

I'll buy the DVD though.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 02:33:27 AM »

Quote from: "Raven VII"
Releasing it on UMD is a waste of time and money.

I'll buy the DVD though.

Well, for Sony it's a big plus to have that movie on the UMD format, and I'm sure Sony will foot the bill for the conversion to UMD format for the movie.

As for it coming out here, I think it's a pretty definite.  The thing you have to remember is that the FF movie didn't have any tie to any FF game (except for Cid) whereas Advent Children is the movie sequel to FF7, probably the best loved game by the majority of players out there (this does not include us, the hardcore...this is for the people that bought FF7 and made the RPG genre explode from its earlier niche-like section of the world).

It will probably come out before June in Japan and probably here later in the year, but that is just a guess.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 02:33:38 AM »

Square Enix is working on an action-RPG set in the FF7 world called Crisis Core.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 02:50:45 AM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
Square Enix is working on an action-RPG set in the FF7 world called Crisis Core.

And also Dirge of Cerebus featuring Vincent.  And Before Crisis, featuring the Turks, was a cellphone game released in Japan.  

So you have:

AC: Advent Crisis
BC: Before Crisis
CC: Crisis Core
DC: Dirge of Cerebus
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2005, 03:40:10 AM »

Rage is excited for this movie. On the Sexual Feeling scale, this rates between titillation and sex.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2005, 04:04:54 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Rage is excited for this movie. On the Sexual Feeling scale, this rates between titillation and sex.

I personally wonder what all is in the Sexual Feeling scale so we have a better visual of your level of excitedness biggrin

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2005, 08:00:52 AM »

"Square Enix is working on an action-RPG set in the FF7 world called Crisis Core."
To reply to my own post slywink I meant to add that Crisis Core is for the PSP.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
angrycoder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2005, 03:56:11 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
Quote from: "Rage"

I personally wonder what all is in the Sexual Feeling scale so we have a better visual of your level of excitedness biggrin

I think Console Gold should follow Rage's lead and switch from percentile scoring to ejaculatory scoring. Its kind of like a star rating system, only messier.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2005, 05:01:59 PM »

I do seem to remember hearing that the UMD was going to be released well before the DVD so aching fanbois (or goils) would pony up for the UMD version rather than wait.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: