http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 10:14:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FEAR Combat available now..FREE  (Read 1241 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2006, 05:20:39 PM »

Its the multiplayer part of FEAR and its totally free now. Trying to grab mine.

www.joinfear.com

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 05:36:52 PM »

Thanks Dae.

I downloaded the Single Player demo of FEAR last night and played through some of it for the first time.  (Scott's thread about his new PC got me thinking of doing this actually).  Seems like a pretty cool game.  I am seriously thinking of picking it up.

I would love to hear the reports on FEAR:Combat from those of you that snag this.

Now that I have a machine that will run these type of games in their full glory, if you FPS experts had to choose between FEAR, Prey, and Half-Life 2, taking into consideration both Single Player and Multiplayer, which would be your choice?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 05:43:13 PM »

Awesome!!  Going to download tonight!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 06:18:13 PM »

I was one of the few that really liked FEAR sp all around-it was repetitive, but the story was great fun, the atmosphere was excellent, and the action was great. The multiplayer was actually good too-it was  a little too fast paced and bullet time didn't work particularly well, but it had potential and I really only stopped because I didnt think it had enough players or game types to play a lot. But  for a free download, definately get it.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 06:22:02 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on August 17, 2006, 05:36:52 PM

Now that I have a machine that will run these type of games in their full glory, if you FPS experts had to choose between FEAR, Prey, and Half-Life 2, taking into consideration both Single Player and Multiplayer, which would be your choice?

Um. Half Life 2. Yeah, it's not even close.

Just Hiro will do.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 06:24:16 PM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on August 17, 2006, 06:22:02 PM

Quote from: Lockdown on August 17, 2006, 05:36:52 PM

Um. Half Life 2. Yeah, it's not even close.

Agreed smile  I bought the HL2 and CS:Source for $15!  And I know most people don't like Steam...but so far for me Steam has been great!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 06:29:42 PM »

Half Life 2 for sure
FEAR is a strong second.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 07:08:13 PM »

Gotta agree with others..HL2. It has so many mod options its always fresh. If I get bored with one mod i play another for a while.

Does anyone have any links besides the ones listed? I was 3 minutes away in Vileplanet then it bumped me to 12 minutes....that was 2 hours ago. Im still like 97/1200 or so crap. I check my favorite places for downloads..Filefront and AoL games but neither have it.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 10:16:28 PM »

Well I finally got the Vileplanet link to dload but then when it was done it said I did'nt have room to put it and closed and now i have to be in line again. Not my day.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 12:18:23 AM »

Got it from Filefront ....fast free and no waits.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 12:49:38 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on August 18, 2006, 12:18:23 AM

Got it from Filefront ....fast free and no waits.

Should have popped in here earlier.  Listen up guys...if you find you can't get something from Vileplanet or the like, send me the link and I'll do a quick grab'n'host on GT for you.  I can usually get it much faster, and there is no waiting in line.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 06:40:14 AM »

I loved FEAR multiplayer.  The only reason I don't play it was that there's a lot of various mods and other games to play these days.

That said, FEAR multiplayer feels like Halo 2 without shields.  Play for a while and I think many here will agree with me.

The major problem I had with the multiplayer way back on release, was the medkits you could carry around.  A good player would develop a stockpile of medkits and you can carry up to 5-10 with you.  All you had to do was press the heal key to use a medkit and you instantly got 50 health back.

So what happened was even if you had every advantage on an enemy (surprise, attack from behind, height, better weapon, optimal range, etc...) all your opponent would do was keep popping those medkits, turn around and blast you.

Another thing was there were no interesting game modes.  Sure, there's the standard deathmatch, CTF, etc... but nothing that really fits with the theme.  Vivendi really should have invested in a good, unique multiplayer mode in order to give the game more legs.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 02:22:47 PM »

For those of you that got this for free, what did you end up thinking? I am really interested in a new MP shooter after some awful CS:S experiences this last week-I own FEAR and wouldn't mind playing some MP if there are decent servers.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 10:34:37 PM »

Its been fun overall. I've just been playing DM/TDM, and a little bit with the slo-mo option on. Its pretty much standard fare overall. All the effects and crap that can fly around when a firefight starts can be fun but its probably not a long term option for me.
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 05:38:57 PM »

I'm a little late, but I look to get in to this.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: