http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 05:40:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Regardless of which platforms you OWN, which is the most comfortable set-top gaming console controller?
Gamecube
Gamecube WaveBird
Wii controller/nunchuck combo
Wii Classic Arcade
PS2 Dual Shock
PS3 SixAxis
Xbox1 Classic "Gigantor"
Xbox1 Controller-S
Xbox360 Controller
Other (3rd party, etc)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Controller Poll  (Read 3339 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2007, 12:07:56 AM »

Quote from: Purge on July 16, 2007, 06:58:03 PM

68.5%.

it's neck-n-neck. slywink

For some people it's a minor difference that wins out, but all those "minors" still add up quick.
Now lets just hope MS can put as much QC / development attention to the new 360 SKU. slywink

Of course this is a forum of people who mainly play their Xbox 360.  I'm sure if I went over to the PS2 Hardware forum at Gamefaqs and made the same poll, the results would be remarkably different.  Not saying that the poll is wrong-just that you always need to consider the source of your data.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2007, 12:18:47 AM »

There were tons of amazing games on the PS2. I played them for hundreds upon hundreds of hours.

The controller's still shit compared to the 360 and even the old S controller.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2007, 04:03:35 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on July 17, 2007, 12:07:56 AM

Of course this is a forum of people who mainly play their Xbox 360.  I'm sure if I went over to the PS2 Hardware forum at Gamefaqs and made the same poll, the results would be remarkably different.  Not saying that the poll is wrong-just that you always need to consider the source of your data.

I'm sure alot of us have alot of playtime on the PS2 with it's controller.  This place isn't limited to one console, it's just made up of a bunch of experienced gamers who know what they like after years of experience.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2007, 05:11:01 AM »

68.5%.

For some people it's a minor difference that wins out, but all those "minors" still add up quick.
Now lets just hope MS can put as much QC / development attention to the new 360 SKU. slywink

You're just biased towards the PS2...we've seen your previous posts that show that.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2007, 11:59:45 AM »

68.5%.

You seriously think I, as a 360 owner, haven't spent hundreds of hours with a Dual Shock controller in my hands?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2007, 12:31:07 PM »

68.5%.

LOOOK MOM!! HERE's YOUR ABSURD FOR THE DAY!! Thanks Canuck!
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2007, 12:45:59 PM »

I've been playing consoles since the NES.  I've used tons of different controllers, including the PS1 and PS2 controllers, for long periods of time.  I like the 360 controller best.

Aside from the funky position of the left analog stick, I hate that they use shapes on the buttons instead of letters.  With letters, I can know instinctively that B is to the right of A.  With shapes, I just have to memorize them, and there's nothing instinctive about it.  Also, the color coding on the 360 buttons means that if a non-gamer is using it, it's easy for them to glance down and find the red button.  More difficult to find the square button at a glance.

javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2007, 12:58:34 PM »

finger

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile!
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2007, 01:03:55 PM »

Without question the 360.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2007, 01:04:54 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on July 17, 2007, 12:45:59 PM

Aside from the funky position of the left analog stick, I hate that they use shapes on the buttons instead of letters.  With letters, I can know instinctively that B is to the right of A.  With shapes, I just have to memorize them, and there's nothing instinctive about it.

I hate to break it to you, but...

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2007, 01:12:27 PM »

Yes, but they're japanese; they read from right to left. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2007, 01:21:41 PM »

Quote from: Jag on July 13, 2007, 07:57:28 PM

Sorry, the new Wii accessory pwns all:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/803/803660p1.html

(yes, that is a refrigerated chip-n-dip tray)
Battery powered!? Gah, but only $29.95...maybe a little bigger, high quality, add a power cord/Wiimote chargers and that's a $99.95 purchase for every Wii owner.

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile!
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2007, 01:38:17 PM »

xbox 360-voted. I guess it's essentially the controller S from first xbox, but now their standard is wireless which I think is pretty cool.

They still don't have a chip holder though...

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2007, 01:47:11 PM »

Quote from: jimmyorr99 on July 17, 2007, 01:38:17 PM

xbox 360-voted. I guess it's essentially the controller S from first xbox, but now their standard is wireless which I think is pretty cool.

It's more than just the addition of wireless.  The shape is more comfortable, the start & back buttons are moved to a more convenient location, the black and white buttons are moved to more useful bumper positions, and IMO the analog triggers are smoother as well.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2007, 02:16:11 PM »

Okay, Nintendo reversed the A and B buttons.  At least I knew that A was next to B.

Of course, I also really liked the GC button layout.  It certainly wasn't ideal for everything, but it worked great for a lot of things, and I loved that all the buttons felt drastically different.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2007, 02:27:29 PM »

The Wii Mote is falling down my list.  last night I had a second one die while playing the Godfather.  Last night it kept losing connection and wouldn't sync at all even when I jumped through all the hoops suggested on their website and still wasn't working this morning.  What's even more annoying was that it happened in the middle of a mission and I ended up having to lose a bunch of progress.  Looks like I'll be picking up another one tonight

At least it let me finish off the Tattaglias first.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2007, 02:29:45 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on July 17, 2007, 02:16:11 PM

Okay, Nintendo reversed the A and B buttons.  At least I knew that A was next to B.

Out of curiosity, I scanned the button layouts on the video game controller family tree.  In addition to Nintendo reversing the natural order:

The TurboGrafx-16 controller has II to the left of I
The Jaguar has C, B, A (also: 'pause' to the left of 'option'...wtf?)
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2007, 10:36:13 PM »

Saitek has announced an interesting new controller for PC gamers.  the Cyborg Rumble Gamepad has the d-pad and left stick in a removable module that can be flipped to put the stick offset like the xbox, or symmetrical like the dual shock.  pretty interesting idea and looks like a nice pad...very similar to the 360 controller...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2007, 10:49:44 PM »

Quote from: disarm on July 17, 2007, 10:36:13 PM

Saitek has announced an interesting new controller for PC gamers.  the Cyborg Rumble Gamepad has the d-pad and left stick in a removable module that can be flipped to put the stick offset like the xbox, or symmetrical like the dual shock.  pretty interesting idea and looks like a nice pad...very similar to the 360 controller...

COMPATIBLE WITH PS3??
phormio
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2007, 02:39:48 AM »

Quote from: Wolves on July 16, 2007, 01:26:01 PM

Madcatz for the original X-Box!

These things were smaller than the big controllers, came out before the s-type, felt and responded amazing and were significantly cheaper than the MS ones! I ended up buying several of these.  thumbsup

Later versions had buttons that lit up (and stayed that way while the console was turned on), making it easy to show someone how you're performing a move (since the projector works better in the dark) and also making it really easy to figure out which controller is plugged in.

Still using them to this day and no complaints whatsoever, except for the fact that I'm probably coming off like a Madcatz salesman or something.

This is the wireless controller that I settled on (after trying offerings from Logitech and Pelican) to replace "Gigantor". Very pleased, in fact so pleased that when my first one died after about 5 years of pretty intense use, I bought two more on Ebay (one to use and one in reserve since they don't seem to make this controller anymore), and I'm still using it to this day. The newer offerings from MadCatz (for Xbox) just pale in comparison to this unit, IMO.

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." --Mitch Hedberg
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2007, 06:45:01 AM »

Seriously, Saitek needs to start making console peripherals.  Like, now.

I love all their PC stuff but never have games that use them.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2007, 02:11:49 PM »

I can't find a picture of it, but someone made a controller for the PS2 that had a completely modular button and stick layout.  The face buttons, d-pad, and both sticks were on their own units that could be removed and moved around.  You could put the buttons where the right stick is, put the buttons where the d-pad is, and put the left stick where the buttons are, or any other combination.  I always thought that was an awesome idea.

Of course, the Steel Battalion controller deserves its own category of cool.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2007, 02:15:42 PM »

Quote from: juniordan on July 13, 2007, 10:04:04 PM

Although I voted for the 360 controller, This is by far the best ever.

I bet every last one of you have one...... icon_biggrin

not me, I use this one

Carpal tunnel is much less painful with this and I can turn around much quicker with it than even the fastest optical mice I've tried. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: