http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 03:21:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fatal Frame (Xbox/360)  (Read 827 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2007, 08:15:26 AM »

wow, this is a creepy game.  I don't think I've ever been creeped out by a game before but right now this one seems to be hitting all the right buttons and I'm only a hour into it on the 360 courtesy of backward compatibility.  Now I just need to track down the next two FF's.  I know the second game came out on the XBox, but was the 3rd PS2 only?

Oh, and I can't wait to see what these guys can do if they ever decide to do a Fata Frame on the 360 or PS3  icon_eek

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 09:06:09 AM »

They seem to follow the Konami Method of a Playstation game first, then a xbox port with a few new features.

I haven't played Fatal Frame 1, but I've played 2 and it's very good.  From what I've heard, 2 is many times better than 1, so you're in for a treat when you finish.  Three hasn't been ported yet, but it's only a matter of time I guess.

Man, I can't wait until they make a Fatal Frame for any next gen console.  Can you imagine how creepy things will be with all that graphical horsepower?  More lighting, more subtle ghost effects, and the same great setting and story designs?  Oh not to mention the use of the hard drive to store a lot more pictures.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 09:59:47 AM »

Fatal Frame 2 scared the crap out of me, but I loved it.  Pretty much all of the ghosts are so eerie and creepy and you never know when they're going to come at you.  I rank it scarier than the Silent Hills and Resident Evils.  I still need to pick up the third one, but I don't know if my heart can handle going through that again.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 12:43:13 PM »

Quote from: Nth Power on January 23, 2007, 09:59:47 AM

I rank it scarier than the Silent Hills and Resident Evils.

agreed - creepiest games i've ever played...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 02:46:42 PM »

I tried to play Fatal Frame 1 on my 360 and I think the emulation was kinda messed up.  Some of the cutscenes were missing.  I could tell there was one supposed to be there but then I was left with a ghost to fight with no explanation.  This was over the summer so maybe they've improved the BC on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: