http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 11:18:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Farcry Instincts, anyone?  (Read 869 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2006, 08:48:44 AM »

I was just wondering what some of you guys thought of this game. The gaming trend reviewer was obviously enjoying the game :wink: . I`ve read that it`s a buggy game, anyone here have any issues with bugs and whatnot? And anyone here play the mp on live!? Fill me in! :wink:
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 08:54:12 AM »

The gaming trend reviewer was obviously enjoying the game Wink

Yup.  I loved it.  Even made my best of the year list at #2 (Psychonauts was #1)

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 09:01:37 AM »

I loved psychonauts too! Great game. Did you encounter any bugs with Farcry:instincts?
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 01:17:52 AM »

All I can say is that it is right at the top of my "to play" list... due to great reviews everywhere - I  just keep getting interrupted by other "time-sensitive" things (like playing the FFXI XB 360 beta for free, while the "free" lasts.)

And, if you want a new copy, I have an extra - damn nephews that go out and buy video games just before Christmas! :evil:

Either way, I thought I'd give you Le Bump! It's a good question - has anyone had any problems with bugs, glitches, etc.????  :?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 08:30:18 PM »

I found that circuit city has it for $15 this week, so I`m grabbing it there in a few hours I think. Thanks for the offer though :wink: . I`ll let you know what I think of it soon enough.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 08:42:35 PM »

How's the difficulty in Instincts?  I found the PC version rather difficult, and I'm still not that good at the console FPS control scheme.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 06:49:37 AM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
How's the difficulty in Instincts?  I found the PC version rather difficult, and I'm still not that good at the console FPS control scheme.

I found Instincts to be far more playable than the PC version ever was even with the altered control scheme.

It's just a more entertaining game in just about every way. I still have it and love it.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 10:10:03 AM »

Say, does this one have co-op?
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 05:24:46 PM »

One of the defining moments for me in FarCry: Instincts was the first time I used my feral powers to leap out of the brush, perform a flying claw attack in mid-air to take down the guard facing me, and slaughter his two buddies before either of them could even get a shot off.

I did have some problems in the game's final level because I couldn't figure out where to go and kept getting my character caught on downed trees, but with that small exception, FarCry: Instincts was a great game.

-Autistic Angel
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 06:14:48 PM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
Say, does this one have co-op?

Unfortunately, no.

If you're interested in features the current Xbox version doesn't have you might see what they do with the Xbox360 version of Instincts' sequel called Predator.

Which, by the way, will also include the original Instincts with some minor improvements.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 06:31:06 AM »

So I grabbed this for $15.00 at circuit city. Holy shit this game is great so far. I just got the feral abilities and I`m LOVING that :twisted: .  This seems ALOT better than the PC version aside from the graphics, and I loved the PC version so...

The graphics are great on the xbox for the most part, considering the age of the hardware. Some things looks fantastic like the effect on your eyes as you come out of the water, and some things don`t look so good, like some of the textures.

The audio is very impressive so far it seems to. Good 3d position audio with good music makes this a winner in that department too :wink: .

For 15 bucks, wow did I make a great choice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: