http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 12:57:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/Ps3]Far Cry 3 impressions. GT review page 3  (Read 10357 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2012, 07:26:21 PM »

I've been at it a couple of hours and I'm having a lot of fun, although that's partly because this is exactly the kind of game I like: sandbox, modern (not fantasy), with lots of things to do besides the main campaign. So far (on the 360) I haven't run across anything worth complaining about, but it's early on yet. Like some have mentioned before, the inability to clean up the HUD is a bit of a pain, but I'm ok with it.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »

Can't play FC3 from Steam at the moment, game won't launch and a check of the forums shows others with the same problem.  Don't really want to download 8.5 gigs again but that may be the only option at this point.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »

fun vids here on how and where Ubisoft got the voice 'actors'  icon_wink  for Vaas and Doctor Earnhardt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4_2QQdulCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeQE72nqXug

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2012, 08:58:55 PM »

Only had time for about 20 minutes today, but man, what a kick ass opening!

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2012, 09:13:48 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 04, 2012, 08:58:55 PM

Absolutely agree.

Have a question regarding the outpost to the north of the starting village, Amanaki...
Spoiler for Hiden:
I've been trying to assault the outpost so I can get rid of some of the local patrols, but I can't seem to even get close to it without being inundated with enemies. Should I be waiting for outpost assault till later in the game when I have leveled up a bit?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2012, 09:47:29 PM »

not really sure what i can say JZ,i played on normal...are you the same?

the first thing i started to do when i got free reign was the radio towers and outposts,so i don't think you need to level up at all

Don't forget the crouch button(B on 360)

I am guessing you understand the detect function?,if the bar starts filling up,start moving out of range or behind bushes etc and hopefully it should start emptying again,if it fills then that's when they detect you and they also call for back up
To stop them calling for back up and then just dealing with the pirates at the outpost go to the speaker icon on the mini map and hold X to disable the alarm

(if there is an enemy guarding the alarm,throw a Rock away from where you are(right on the D-PAD),to get them to move away and investigate)

If the alarm does go off(you can hear one of them say,"I am going for the alarm"...if you can,you can stop him),listen in on the radio to hear which direction the reinforcements are coming from,and if you can,you can lay a Mine at the entrance they are arriving at or at least you can expect which direction they come from and maybe get a grenade over there(unlock the achievement for killing 4 people in one blast maybe as well,as there are usually 3-4 to a Jeep)

from afar perhaps up a hill looking over the camps,you can shoot the alarm boxes,but that will just disable that ONE alarm box,there are usually 2-3 to each outpost,if you go down there and disable the box manually,you will disable all alarms for the outpost from that one alarm

from afar,you can use a sniper rifle and take out some enemies as long as they don't detect you(watch for snipers with longer range of sight),you should be fine...you can take them all out that way,you don't even have to go down to deal with them if you are good(they will panic and start running about everywhere,but they don't call for backup until they have detected you,so just stay undetected and finish them all off)

also from afar,make sure you use the opportunity to shoot open any cages that contain animals inside the outposts,then you can look on from the safety of where you are(a hill perhaps overlooking the outpost),Bears are good,they take a lot of enemy bullets to take down and they usually take out 3-4 enemies before getting stopped...multiple animals in cages are also good(Dogs etc),it spreads the love Tongue

also,don't forget again from afar,to look through your camera and scope the entire outpost,tagging enemies as you pan left and right,up and down covering the entire camp..they will stay tagged until they are dead,also you will be able to see them through walls etc

make sure you spend your skill points,some good stuff in there
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:53:20 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2012, 10:06:07 PM »

Steam issue fixed.  Seems you have to already have the UbiSoft Uplay program installed before trying to start the game in Steam for the first time.  Worked fine after that, seems fun.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2012, 10:46:14 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on December 04, 2012, 09:47:29 PM

not really sure what i can say JZ,i played on normal...are you the same?
<snip>
Thanks for all the great info. I am playing on Normal and I kept running into the pirate patrols before I could get close to the outpost. I finally did capture it in an entirely cheesy way...
Spoiler for Hiden:
I drove up to in at high speed in a commandeered car with two good guys. I hopped out and they drove away. All the pirates from the outpost ran outside to chase them and when they were all exposed I used grenades and autofire to dispatch them icon_biggrin.  Not exactly John Wayne, but it got the job done.

I am just having a blast with the game. One great moment... I killed two pirates I found on the road. I then noticed that they had been attending to something a little farther away. I walked up to it and found it was a bear in a cage. Huh. As I stood there, staring at the bear, a cayman (the saltwater crocodile) suddenly bit my leg. That freaked me out no end. I ran away a bit, fired off a clip of my AK-47 into the cayman, who thankfully was killed. What I had also done was to hit the cage, which unleashed the bear. Now I was really freaked out. I ran away and hid till I could reload, then attacked the bear. Sadly for me, I didn't have enough ammo. I should have kept running Roll Eyes

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2012, 10:46:25 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on December 04, 2012, 09:13:48 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 04, 2012, 08:58:55 PM

Absolutely agree.

Have a question regarding the outpost to the north of the starting village, Amanaki...
Spoiler for Hiden:
I've been trying to assault the outpost so I can get rid of some of the local patrols, but I can't seem to even get close to it without being inundated with enemies. Should I be waiting for outpost assault till later in the game when I have leveled up a bit?

You can always ask Hark to come over and kill everyone in the game for you JZ.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2012, 10:58:43 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on December 04, 2012, 10:46:25 PM

I visualize this vast pile, nay, mountain of dead bodies and critters with Hark standing proudly atop it, saying "I would have gotten even more if I had used a gun"

Anyone unlock and try the Uplay Reward single player mission "Testing Unit"?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:00:20 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2012, 01:46:10 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on December 04, 2012, 10:58:43 PM

Quote from: USMC Kato on December 04, 2012, 10:46:25 PM

I visualize this vast pile, nay, mountain of dead bodies and critters with Hark standing proudly atop it, saying "I would have gotten even more if I had used a gun"

Anyone unlock and try the Uplay Reward single player mission "Testing Unit"?

Yeah i did that yesterday..or was it today?,anyway yeah i did it...
Spoiler for Hiden:
its a big rundown Lab to explore,decently cool.. for nothing anyway

The second Lost Expedition Pre-Order DLC was a lot better than the first and had a few references to Assassins Creed

ANYWAY,i just finished the game,I really enjoyed it,and the last few missions were quite brilliant

just a few more things to do to get 100%
Relics(60/120)
Trials of the Rakyat(3/12)<<yeah i have hardly touched them
Weapons Acquired(42/43)<,i get my last weapon when i have done the above
Supply Drop(4/19)<<hardly touched them either

but i may put all that on hold and try the Co-Op,the opening movie was quite cool when you select Co-Op

81%
when reloading my checkpoint save it says 27hrs 27minutes

oh and the credits are really long(about 15 minutes i reckon,but you can skip them)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:50:11 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2012, 02:22:09 AM »

Aaaand my review is done:  http://gamingtrend.com/game_reviews/we-get-crazy-with-far-cry-3/

Whew! 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
siege

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2012, 02:38:46 AM »

I'm totally enamored with this game. Gotta get up at 4 am for work but it's hard to stop playing. I think I've put in three hours already and it says I'm only 5% complete. Good stuff.

The gun sounds are sooooo  good.   icon_eek
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:41:28 AM by siege » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on December 05, 2012, 02:22:09 AM

Aaaand my review is done:  http://gamingtrend.com/game_reviews/we-get-crazy-with-far-cry-3/

Whew!  

Wow, a score of 189253 or more in every category, including overall! This must be game of the millennium. No wait, make that two millenniums. Maybe even three! slywink
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2012, 04:06:42 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on December 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Aaaand my review is done:  http://gamingtrend.com/game_reviews/we-get-crazy-with-far-cry-3/

Whew!  

Wow, a score of 189253 or more in every category, including overall! This must be game of the millennium. No wait, make that two millenniums. Maybe even three! slywink

Wait a minute, I think something's up with that score when you consider that the Cons outweigh the Pros 189260 Vs 189259. From my math that means this game should have been scored as a  '1'.  Tongue
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2012, 04:24:51 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on December 05, 2012, 04:06:42 PM

Whew!  

Wait a minute, I think something's up with that score when you consider that the Cons outweigh the Pros 189260 Vs 189259. From my math that means this game should have been scored as a  '1'.  Tongue

No, no! That's just the number of cons vs number of pros. It's a very thorough review. Tongue
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2012, 04:28:41 PM »

Whew!  

You have to remember that with game ratings inflation your 1-197243 scale is really more like a 146831-197243 scale.  I remember when a 172309 score really meant something.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2012, 05:13:54 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on December 05, 2012, 04:28:41 PM

Whew!  

You have to remember that with game ratings inflation your 1-197243 scale is really more like a 146831-197243 scale.  I remember when a 172309 score really meant something.

icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »

so i was going to ask what the *** you guys were all on,but clicking on the link(again) i see the score

Yesterday when Ron first put the link up i clicked on and the score was 91..audio was 100(needed to talk about that more though in the review)..and the pro's and cons were not numbered either

one con was that Jason's brother was a dick,but i am not sure the dick is his brother
Spoiler for Hiden:
the older brother gets killed at the beginning and the younger brother is only in it near the end,so apart from "why the fuck are you flying back over the airport where dickheads are shooting at us"..he didn't really make that much of an impression to be a dick,if he means the stoner in the yellow t-shirt,then yeah,he's a dick

The review also says that it has 24 relics to collect but its 120..other than that good review and i agree with the score(if it corrects itself)

There has been problems getting on this site this morning,maybe a few screws fell loose or something

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2012, 05:47:45 PM »

So here's something weird. I played FC3 for nine hours yesterday (actually a bit more, but nine hours in game that I'm sure of). However the stats page says my game time was only six hours. Weird. I'm 15% done according to the page as well, with two radio towers de-scrambled.

Over on IGN there is an FC3 crafting guide which just takes the info from the game and lays it out on one page. I did a copy and paste to make my own paper list, primarily so I could stop wasting time collecting skins I don't need anymore Roll Eyes. That's what I spent most of my time yesterday doing, hunting. I was up till 1:30am lying in wait ninja2, watching a herd of deer, hoping some damn leopard would come attack them. So sleepy...

So I'm just now firing up for what I hope will be a complete afternoon of playing.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2012, 05:56:09 PM »

fired up the PC version for a bit last night.  I maxed out the settings and damn, they outdid themselves graphics wise.  the menus themselves feel a bit clunky, but other than that everything else is awesome. 

had a cool moment: I was climbing a hill and found myself face to face with a tiger.  I panicked, and out of habit from playing Call of Duty on the PC I hit the middle mouse button for a quick melee attack, which in FC3 is apparently the grenade key.  saw the grenade bounce off the tiger and backpedaled just quickly enough to escape the blast while getting the tiger.  of course the explosion attracted a jeep of enemies, and I ended up in a gunfight right after only to have it end with the bad guys getting ripped up by a pack of wild dogs.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »

I just had a great little mission as well. I had a Wanted Quest and had sneaked up on the pirates, but got my buttons screwed up and threw a grenade when I meant to switch to my bow Roll Eyes. That alerted the boss and his crew so we played hide and seek for awhile. I had finally worked my way around behind them when a car load of Rakyats showed up and started a fire fight with them. With their attention diverted I was able to kill all the pirates with my bow except for the boss who I dispatched with the required knife. Awesome stuff bowdown

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2012, 10:40:03 PM »

I'm still in very early stages, but decided to branch out and undo my second antenna.  Well, that was a little rougher than expected.  I took out half a dozen guys or so, then I heard more jeeps coming.  I went to climb the tower, but there was a ramp to it from a higher rock.  I scrambled up and made it across the ramp just as a pair of jeeps came screeching to a halt.  They jumped out, studied the bodies and proceeded to look around.  I crawled my way up to the top. 

I could still hear them below as I flipped the switch.  I ziplined out of there.

When I landed, there was a camp just ahead, so I crept forward.  Unfortunately, from out of nowhere, a tiger came bounding toward me.  I laid into him with my wimpy AK47.  I took a bunch of hits and emptied the chamber, but I survived and had a lovely tiger skin to show for it.  I saved my game.  Then the thugs from the camp crested the hill, having come to see what all the commotion was about.  I pulled the trigger, only to hear it click.  My other gun was a car repair tool, for some stupid reason.  I ran like hell, but they called reinforcements.  Bullets were flying everywhere, one jackass had an endless supply of flaming whatsits.  I decided to sneak up on someone and try to get more ammo.  I did not survive that stupid decision.

Of course, when I reloaded I went for the camp again.  Took me three more tries as I was starting without ammo at all.  On the last attempt, I silently took out a guard, got his ammo, took out a second guard and was promptly spotted by the dog.  I heard one of the guys say, "He must have found something."  That's when another tiger showed up.  I killed the dog and watched as, one by one, the silhouetted grunts I'd tagged disappeared, screaming.  I waited in the bushes for quite a bit, but the tiger must have had his fill.  BASE LIBERATED!

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2012, 11:02:47 PM »

LOL,there have been a few bases where i did very little but look on as i freed a Tiger or a pack of dogs...it's fun that way

I just did all the Co-Op missions,they were quite good,story is pretty meh(especially the end),but i guess that is to be expected with it just being Co-Op,but the end scene pales in comparison to the cool opening scene

they took around 4 hrs or so,depending on your team,the last level we had to retry over and over i was the only original person in the game when we had finished(public people come and go,some got fed up after we kept failing,i stuck with it)

anyway,1000/1000 achievement score icon_biggrin

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2012, 02:56:13 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on December 05, 2012, 11:02:47 PM

anyway,1000/1000 achievement score icon_biggrin

Good god, man, I'm still trying to decide if I'll pick this up or wait until after Christmas.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2012, 03:02:26 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 06, 2012, 02:56:13 AM

Good god, man, I'm still trying to decide if I'll pick this up or wait until after Christmas.

Either way you'll enjoy it icon_biggrin.

I'm glad I got the game now, as I'll be visiting in-laws over the holidays Head meets wall

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2012, 03:02:49 AM »

for all of us playing on PC and are not shy around a hex editor, you can try this

Open your FC3\Bin\FC3.dll (DX9,10) or FC3_d3d11.dll files in a hex editor,
search for 'S.h.o.w.U.I.E.l.e.m.e.n.t'.  replace with 'H.i.d.e.U.I.E.l.e.m.e.n.t'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmlogT8X4_0

More from the same guy
search and replace 4F0062006A0043006F006E00740061­0069006E00650072 with all 0's to disable objective markers.
Replace 480069006E00740042006F00780043­006F006E007400610069006E006500­72004D0043 with all 0's to disable Hint-Notes.

there's also a list of sounds you can disable to reduce the gami-ness.  search for these strings and replace the hex codes with ZEROS
sndCancelMission
sndArmorTutorial
sndObjectiveUpdatePopup
sndLogUpdatePopup
sndTutorialUnlockPopup
sndTutorialPopup
sndHitPopup
sndDetectionUpdate
sndDetected
sndMission_EnterZone
sndMissionStart
sndGainXP
sndLevelUpReminder
sndLevelUp
sndDefaultInteraction
sndSwitchGadget
sndObjective
sndHintBinocular

I haven't tried these yet, but I plan to for the objective markers and notes, plus the game sounds.  

here's a set.  I haven't tried these yet.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/734046-Mods-for-Far-Cry-3
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:07:06 AM by Caine » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2012, 10:27:25 PM »

if anyone is going to go for the 100% in this game make sure you get Spider Relic 1 before you finish the story as it can not be gotten after the story ends leaving the first island

and yes,i just found this out,just spent 5 hrs collecting the rest of them

119 relics and at 99%

bastards

this video will tell you where it is,spoilers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2HTnCNQ0es
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 10:14:10 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »

looks like there is going to be an official patch to give the option of removing UI elements:

Based on feedback from both press and fans, the Far Cry 3 production team is working on a patch that will allow you to toggle most HUD/UI elements based on player preference. The patch will also avoid issues encountered in the .dll hack that might create a mission walkthrough break (missing QTE prompts, critical information, etc;). The team is excited about how the Far Cry 3 community and fans of the game are enjoying themselves, and finding new ways to experience the Rook Islands. More news will be coming on the patch shortly…

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2012, 06:59:49 PM »

Well, that was odd. I was jogging on a path in the middle of the island when suddenly I fell through the map. I couldn't rotate my view, all I could see were some stars as I fell, and fell, and fell... I finally had to go back to the main menu and reload disgust

Remember children, save early and save often!

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2012, 10:13:38 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on December 07, 2012, 06:59:49 PM

Well, that was odd. I was jogging on a path in the middle of the island when suddenly I fell through the map. I couldn't rotate my view, all I could see were some stars as I fell, and fell, and fell... I finally had to go back to the main menu and reload disgust

Remember children, save early and save often!

yeah i fell through the map,funnily enough i was on a hill and fell though to the tomb below,didn't need to reload(and no,it wasn't just a hole in the hillside)

I have been stuck in the environment once or twice and needed to reload
(EDIT: oh wait,that's a lie,i fast travelled out of there,i didn't reload)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:02:16 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2012, 10:24:53 PM »

I thought their first patch on the PC mentioned fixing the falling through the map thing, so maybe Xbox will get that fix soon as well.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2012, 05:19:38 AM »

Shooting Komodo Dragons with a shotgun? Exciting

Torching Komodo Dragons with a flamethrower? Priceless icon_biggrin

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2012, 06:40:27 AM »

So any experience on the ps3 with this? It seems the 360 and ps3 both struggle with this bit it still seems to be getting good reviews. Any opinions would possibly sway me;).
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2012, 05:06:28 AM »

I just want to put it out there, that the skrillix and Damian Marley sound track killed it. Fucking awesome tunes for that mission, awesome tunes period. LOVED IT!!!! headbang headbang3 headbang headbang3 Headbanging! Headbanging!

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ‹(•Ώ•)›  ‹(•Ώ•)›  ‹(•Ώ•)›
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ‹(•Ώ•)›  ‹(•Ώ•)›  ‹(•Ώ•)›
PS3 Spinks
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2012, 05:44:07 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on December 11, 2012, 06:40:27 AM

So any experience on the ps3 with this? It seems the 360 and ps3 both struggle with this bit it still seems to be getting good reviews. Any opinions would possibly sway me;).

Well since noone answered me and I had a shitty day, I picked this up. Only played about an hr or so this far, probably not even. I'm digging it. Seems to play alright on consoles especially considering how well it looks and how old this hardware is.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2012, 07:27:54 AM »

OK, now that I have had more time to play the game I'm loving it.  I was going to complain about the lack of weather but I finally saw a rainstorm in-game.

I also almost crapped my pants when I encountered my first crocodile:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I got into a firefight near a river, and was running in to do a takedown on an enemy when WOOSH! a croc roars out of the river to eat him.  had I hit him a few seconds earlier it might have been me getting eaten.

been mostly climbing radio towers and liberating outposts.  I got pretty much everything crafted except for some that require the Path of the Hunter missions, and I only just got around to visiting the doctor.

my only complaint is that the enemy AI seems a bit dumb while also a bit too aware:  for example, I can go near an outpost and pick off the enemy one by one with a silenced rifle yet they will not sound the alarm when their buddy gets his head blown off in front of him but they also seem to realize where you are sniping from very quickly.

oh, and there is nothing more humorous than approaching an outpost only to have a leopard suddenly run into it an cause mayhem.  I'm not sure what happened but suddenly the beastie appeared on top of one of the buildings mauling a sniper (this outpost was on a small island, not sure why the game spawned it to begin with) and then taking out most of the other guards.  the last one was probably celebrating his survival when I put a bullet into his head....

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2012, 02:52:33 PM »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6603-Far-Cry-3

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2012, 04:40:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 13, 2012, 07:27:54 AM

OK, now that I have had more time to play the game I'm loving it.  I was going to complain about the lack of weather but I finally saw a rainstorm in-game.

I've notice that too, very little weather. Also I notice there aren't the strong winds that sometimes blew all the vegetation around like in Far Cry 2. Maybe it's a limitation of the engine? Still, it's not a big deal.

Quote from: CeeKay on December 13, 2012, 07:27:54 AM

my only complaint is that the enemy AI seems a bit dumb while also a bit too aware:  for example, I can go near an outpost and pick off the enemy one by one with a silenced rifle yet they will not sound the alarm when their buddy gets his head blown off in front of him but they also seem to realize where you are sniping from very quickly.

I rationalize their behavior by assuming that they don't sound the alarm unless they decide that someone is trying to break into the outpost.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2012, 04:44:04 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 13, 2012, 02:52:33 PM

Wow, Yahtzee actually liked it? He is getting soft in his old age. I do like the quote in the end credits of his piece:

"It's not a real holiday until you've napalmed a cassowary"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: