http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 09:06:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallout Tactics...wheres the scouter?  (Read 2235 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2004, 05:22:09 AM »

Im in the Jefferson mission and all the faqs Ive read say theres a 2 person vehicle here called a Scouter. Its a dune buggy like ride. I have 3 big piles of stuff laying around the map that i need to load into it to take back to base but I cant find this scouter car anywhere on the map. Ive looked it over 3 times.

I could go back to base and get my apc or hummer but the faqs say if I exit without it then I lose it. I thought maybe I was supposed to drive it to the mission for a sec but looking back at a save before I left there is no scout buggy there. It must be in the mission...or bugged.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 06:01:04 PM »

bump..so does anyone know? I know this is'nt GG and a lot of us are AWOL right now but I cant go forward till I find this buggy..surely someone here has played it or can reply...thnx

Jolor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 07:41:20 PM »

Hmmm ... I thought that I replied to this already ...

Basically, that mission is ahead of me as I just finished St. Louis.  But I did ask if the PIPBoy map-mode had any clues.  It is usually pretty good at laying out the mission.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 09:59:52 PM »

yeah you asked in my pic thread and i replied no ..pipboy has no info or mention of the scouter.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 10:35:50 PM »

Something else also..it does'nt matter which car..the hummer or the apc that i have...it never appears when I take it to a mission.....does'nt matter what mission either...so what ends up happening is i leave piles of loot throughout the map then go get my hummer and leave it outside the mission area..load up on my 3 guys what i can and run outside to the car to unload...I do that 4 or 5 trips then hit base...it really sux...In the rpgs of Fallout my car would be there on the map for me.

dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 01:01:04 PM »

I forget the city name but the dune buggy type thing is in the city where you enter the map and is the mutants research area and you're supposed to destroy the generators.
You can always go back to a town and pick up a vehicle you left behind,however if you use another vehicle to get there I'm not sure if you lose the old vehicle or not.
The only time vehicles are used in missions is when you find there.(I'm talking thr assigned missions).You keep your vehicle and stay in it for random encounters.Indeed,later in the game I patrol for mutants in the APC for extra experience points,however in the end you won't advance more than a level or two unless you put in a LOT more time for random encounters.
Also there's a code to unlock an extra mission that you can change in one of the files,but it only works for new games,not ones that have already been started.

Ye Olde Farte
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 03:11:08 PM »

That scouter is completely useless. I hate it.

Just Hiro will do.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 03:19:32 PM »

I think the scouter is right at the beginning of the map. But like SuperHiro says, it's pretty useless. It doesn't carry much gear, only two people, and blows up VERY easily.

Might be good to travel around in though, I never tried it.
Jolor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2004, 08:00:41 PM »

I just got to Jefferson and the scouter is right at the mission insert point.  My APC went missing so I assume that I will be able to see it back at bunker gamma.(?)
I've got version 1.13, btw.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2004, 08:34:20 PM »

Thnx....finally found it near start....I must have looked over it 5 times when I was looking around for it....that or it did'nt show up in my view without a character there to have it within his sights. Id been scrolling around the map with just my overhead view before instead of actually moving my characters around looking. Sweet.

First thing I did was accidentally run over my guy that would'nt fit in the car lol..vroom vroom squish...had to back off him before he could stand up lol..funny. Now i get to drive 2 home and make the 3rd walk lol.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: