http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 08:49:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallout Tactics party help  (Read 4308 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2004, 12:15:45 AM »

Ok I think Im in trouble. I have 5 charisma and have played so far with only the 3 characters. Myself and 2 npcs. With my low CHA I cannot recruit any others. Ive done fine till now.

Im in Kansas City and am being bum rushed by Super Mutants and my 3 guys just are'nt enough to slow them down. Has anyone else ever finished this game with just 3 guys? Also is'nt there a drug i can take to boost my CHA temperarily so I can recruit a couple other NPCs into my party?

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Jolor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 12:34:16 AM »

My CH is only five and I have a full party of six:
Myself
Farsight
Boomer
Stitch
Rebecca
Stein

I think Charisma in Tactics only influences how fast you achieve new ranks, bartering (and maybe the types of recruits you have access to?).  It shouldn't matter, buy Mentats improve charisma/perception/something else.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 01:04:52 AM »

hmmm..whats blocking my ability to recruit i wonder. Ill fool with it some more.

Can you recommend some good npcs? My 3 are 151% in small arms and 100+% in energy weps. Im thinking I need at least 1 and maybe 2 heavy weapons guys. and maybe even an extra doc

IHateMorrowind
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 01:07:56 AM »

A great game--I've never understood the people who have felt compelled to knock it just because it isn't Fallout 3.

I've always found that firepower is king in this game.  Can't have enough.

"Life is good...but evil has more fun."
Jolor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 01:22:50 AM »

Definitely look over the recruits for heavy weapons skills.  There's a brother/sister act iirc.  Rocket Launchers and M60s are good here.  That'll bring you up to five; after that make sure you have someone to dis/arm traps, if you don't already.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 02:43:01 AM »

Ah yes,Kansas City. Sneak a lot and use lots of grenades.Don't even use the APC for most of it. Auto shotguns are good for close range. Snipers are good but you better go for the eyes.
As I have played this game all the way thru 3 dozen times I now make sure my character is prepared for things like Kansas City.
Having someone along to handle big guns is a plus too.

Ye Olde Farte
Seekre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 02:43:06 AM »

I may have to install this game again - just recovered from a HD falure.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 02:49:23 AM »

You can safely ignore the north entrance I believe. I split my full party evenly among the east and south entrances.

The north is packed with so many mines no mutants get by.

Just Hiro will do.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 09:52:40 PM »

So if I get 2 heavy wep guys what guns should I give them? Im thinking the M2 but I dont have a whole lot of .50 cal ammo...but my guy is using a SAW and it does'nt do much against mutants.

SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 10:00:43 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
So if I get 2 heavy wep guys what guns should I give them? Im thinking the M2 but I dont have a whole lot of .50 cal ammo...but my guy is using a SAW and it does'nt do much against mutants.

Well you're running on the tail end of my experience... but I managed to grab two M2's. If it helps here was my party before I quit playing (because I borked my character so bad... plus that "storm the stronghold" mission was starting to piss me off.)

Me- Throwing/Sniper/Energy Weapons... I told you he sucked. And Sneak was tagged.

Harold- Repair/Sniper

One pure sniper

One Medic with the Pancor Jackhammer (I had one also).

heavy weapons with M2/SAW

Heavy Weapons with M2/RPG

Heavy Weapons with RPG/SAW

I'm going on pure memory so it's a little inaccurate. Basically use the m2 sparingly... it rips through muties like butter.

Just Hiro will do.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2004, 10:09:51 PM »

Somewhat off topic but what was in the area of the map that the General says is off limits? A little vague I know but it's been a while. I think that he orders you to not go in there or something.

Edit: St. Louis I think was the map where this happened. At the mutant's base with the trenches.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2004, 11:20:34 PM »

I always explored every inch of every mission map.I don't remember the General saying that.Not saying he didn't but if he did it must not matter too much.
When using the autoshotgun get as many flechette(green)shells as you can. The solid(purple)shells work pretty good too.
Basically I crawl into the trenchs at the top of the map. I have someone with good senses to detect crouching mutants.I also have someone good at throwing grenades.A few of the mutants have 30 grenades so after killing them I'm able to resupply.Never stand up in the trenches.
Now a days after clearing the trenches I go for the fort.As a first timer I wouldn't recommend it. They have invisible mines at the entrance(I've had explsives experts rated at 150+ and high perception that can't see the mines.) Lay low and machinegun the ground.Eventually you'll get the mines to explode.
Then it's just a simple task of killing 16 mutants of whom 6 have the 50 cal MGs.The rest with regular MGs. :wink:

Ye Olde Farte
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2004, 12:08:40 AM »

Ive read he tells you not to go there also but he never said that to me..I cleared it all..I always clear the missions.

The M2 gun itself is no problem to get for me..Ive sold at least 25 of them. I have trouble with ammo...I think i have total 650 .50cal rounds, maybe 10 purple slug shotgun shells and 48 or so green flecette shells.....thats why ive been using the SAW so much..have tons of that ammo.

Grifman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2004, 12:23:38 AM »

Hehehe, you don't have to clear out the trenches manually.  You can drive your APC on top of them with your men inside and take out everything int the trenches and most of the mutants in the fort along it's perimeter.  The only two are so you can't get that way are at the top of the driveway to the fort.  I just drove over the trenches shooting any mutants that showed themselves.  Much easier than advancing trench by trench with your infantry.

Grifman
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: