http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 12:33:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallout 4?  (Read 993 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2013, 11:42:28 AM »

Threeee doggg...Hooooooowwwwwlll says that his Character is coming back in something new

CVG

Erik Todd Dellums@ETDellums
To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!

Erik Todd Dellums@ETDellums
@ToastTheRabbit How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed.

and then the guy retweeted this
Toast Rabbit@ToastTheRabbit
@ETDellums I know you can't say but I can state the obvious.. either 3 Dog in the fallout sequel or 3 dog in Fallout Movie. #letTheRumorsFly

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »

My excitement is stifled somewhat by how much more I enjoyed New Vegas than Fallout 3.  Maybe they could share the work this time around and let Obsidian do all the writing and quest building and have Bethesda make the over world and handle Q&A.  I can dream, right?
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 07:56:14 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on January 09, 2013, 06:55:57 PM

My excitement is stifled somewhat by how much more I enjoyed New Vegas than Fallout 3.  Maybe they could share the work this time around and let Obsidian do all the writing and quest building and have Bethesda make the over world and handle Q&A.  I can dream, right?

Same here. Bethesda makes some great games, but story telling was never their strong suit.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 08:23:04 PM »

Fallout in Boston could be fun.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:43:13 PM »

My dream Fallout would start out in Russia, feature a brief detour to China, then end on the US west coast.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 09:48:23 PM »

Hm... I strongly preferred Fallout 3 to New Vegas.  But I played the GOTY edition of FO3 with all the DLC - not sure if that made a difference.

Regardless, MOAR PLEAZ!
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 10:33:14 PM »

Quote from: Laner on January 09, 2013, 09:48:23 PM

Hm... I strongly preferred Fallout 3 to New Vegas.  But I played the GOTY edition of FO3 with all the DLC - not sure if that made a difference.

Regardless, MOAR PLEAZ!
The consensus is generally that people who care a lot about story and or loved the original Fallouts, prefer New Vegas.  People that want a sandbox or really enjoy the Elderscrolls games prefer Fallout3.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:46:07 PM by Lordnine » Logged
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 10:50:56 PM »

I enjoyed the story up until I got to New Vegas itself... then I felt it collapsed under the weight of trying to give you too many options of how the story could resolve.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 11:12:10 PM »

I would argue that’s part of what makes Fallout…Fallout.  Thinking back on the original, Fallout 1 let you submit to the villains will and become his servant if you really wanted to.

Fallout 3 also really bugged me in that it portrayed the Brotherhood of Steel as virtuous heroes.  In the original cannon the Brotherhood were kind of assholes, they really only cared about the rest of humanity if it was in their best interest to do so at the present moment.

Either way, I will be interested to see what they do with a Fallout 4 if that really is the announcement.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 11:36:10 PM »

With the caveat that I haven't played any of them substantially (one of these years!), given that there's a wide variety of geography and time between all the games, is the difference in demeanor not really that plausible?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 01:48:18 AM »

Fallout 3 is one of my favourite games this gen,i have heard people say F:NV was better,i liked it until i just couldn't play it anymore due to the bugs,but i can't say the story was that compelling....but nor was Fallout 3's main story to be fair

I will try Fallout New Vegas again sometime,i have tried to play that game 3 more times after my original 70 hr stint was interrupted and i got pissed off for the final time,but can't get past 10-15hrs or so,i just get bored shitless by it(i still have all the DLC though)

Last week i finished up Fallout 3 for the 4th time,did everything=80 hrs

Quote from: Lordnine on January 09, 2013, 11:12:10 PM

Fallout 3 also really bugged me in that it portrayed the Brotherhood of Steel as virtuous heroes.  In the original cannon the Brotherhood were kind of assholes, they really only cared about the rest of humanity if it was in their best interest to do so at the present moment.

You have just described the Brotherhood Outcasts to a tee(the assholes part anyway),they broke off from the Brotherhood of Steel,so perhaps they were the assholes you met back in Fallout 1

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 02:54:54 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 10, 2013, 01:48:18 AM

Quote from: Lordnine on January 09, 2013, 11:12:10 PM

You have just described the Brotherhood Outcasts to a tee(the assholes part anyway),they broke off from the Brotherhood of Steel,so perhaps they were the assholes you met back in Fallout 1
Eh?  The east coast Brotherhood are a splinter group.  The brotherhood originated in California.  From the wiki:
The Brotherhood of Steel is a neo-knightly order that rose from the ashes of the American military of the West Coast in the years following the devastation of 2077. The organization's tenets include the eradication of mutants and worship of technology. The Brotherhood has never been very keen on sharing their resources with their fellow wastelanders (who they generally consider too ignorant and irresponsible to deserve such advanced technology).
Also, the Outcasts are trying to return the brotherhood to what they used to be.
There are members of Lyons' expeditionary force to the East Coast who preferred to stay faithful to the Brotherhood's original goals of locating and preserving technology and knowledge. These members of the Brotherhood left the Citadel to take up residence in Fort Independence, and stylized themselves as the Brotherhood Outcasts.[3] In addition to carrying out Lyon's original orders, the Outcasts are also trying to re-establish contact with the western Elders, and have Lyons placed in front of a firing squad.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 05:29:08 AM »

it was just a theory,i have never played the first Fallouts

but the fact is,if in Fallout 3 the Brotherhood of Steel were assholes and only looking out for themselves that would make them exactly the same as The Talon Company,The Outcasts AND The Enclave in the game....it'd be a bit shit,No?

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 05:54:35 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 11, 2013, 05:29:08 AM

it was just a theory,i have never played the first Fallouts

but the fact is,if in Fallout 3 the Brotherhood of Steel were assholes and only looking out for themselves that would make them exactly the same as The Talon Company,The Outcasts AND The Enclave in the game....it'd be a bit shit,No?
The Fallouts were always very grey on morality and happy endings were relative.  In the original Fallout after you save your vault and the world…

Spoiler for Hiden:
You return home to Vault 13 only to have the door slammed shut in your face.  By becoming strong enough to save your people you had become something terrible and foreign in their eyes, and so were left to wander the wasteland on your own.

The Enclave was also a bit different in Fallout 2.  They were direct descendants of the US government and military after the war.  The Presidents Science Council had decreed that all humans who had survived the apocalypse were mutants regardless of whether or not they showed physical signs.  Their plan was to release a pathogen into the Jetstream to wipe out humanity and then once the world had been cleaned they would start the repopulation program.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:07:11 AM by Lordnine » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 06:17:52 AM »

I wonder if the side quest in Fallout 3 'Trouble on the Homefront' is a  slywink and a nod to that Spoiler you just posted,as the side quests ends similar
Spoiler for Hiden:
after helping vault 101 and restoring peace,you are asked to leave and not come back as there were still people who thought you were a dick and it would upset some of them if you stayed(or visited whenever you wanted)

and that second paragraph is what 'The President' asks you to do in FO3,release the crap into the water supply
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:19:29 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 04:55:03 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 11, 2013, 06:17:52 AM

I wonder if the side quest in Fallout 3 'Trouble on the Homefront' is a  slywink and a nod to that Spoiler you just posted,as the side quests ends similar
Spoiler for Hiden:
after helping vault 101 and restoring peace,you are asked to leave and not come back as there were still people who thought you were a dick and it would upset some of them if you stayed(or visited whenever you wanted)

and that second paragraph is what 'The President' asks you to do in FO3,release the crap into the water supply

Spoiler for Hiden:
I actually liked the “president” nod in Fallout 3.  Fallout 2 was a bit more poignant, however, since the president was a real person who had been democratically elected.  Fallout2 basically gave you the choice of dooming a bunch of people whose only fault was being born in isolation and electing an ass as president, or choosing to kill off all the people of mainland America.

I don’t remember Vault 101 kicking me out.  Maybe I was just too loveable.  icon_smile
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 05:45:11 AM »

Quote from: Lordnine on January 09, 2013, 10:33:14 PM

Quote from: Laner on January 09, 2013, 09:48:23 PM

Hm... I strongly preferred Fallout 3 to New Vegas.  But I played the GOTY edition of FO3 with all the DLC - not sure if that made a difference.

Regardless, MOAR PLEAZ!
The consensus is generally that people who care a lot about story and or loved the original Fallouts, prefer New Vegas.  People that want a sandbox or really enjoy the Elderscrolls games prefer Fallout3.

Odd, I strongly prefer the first as well but flip the reasons.  Story-driven single-player games are about all I play and really dug the one in the first.  New Vegas just felt unfocused and unpolished.  Put down one for hoping for another game like FO3 from Bethesda.

But either way I'll be happy with another Fallout.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 04:37:58 AM »

My dream is that Bethesda develops the world and Obsidian makes the story and quests. A man can dream.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 08:36:30 PM »

got a grain of salt? a rumor that Fallout 4 was kind of at E3 has surfaced.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 08:40:38 PM »

October 2015?  crybaby

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 09:11:56 PM »

yep.  far off.  only a rumor though.

Because I can,
Sergmov
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 02:10:07 PM »

Fallout is one of my favorite games , and I'm expecting another awesome part for this game .
paulstraytalker
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »

I liked fallout 3 and the premise of an alternated timeline in human history(though weak at technological points in history).  I believe the DLC should've been free.  As far as a rumor or tweet about a new version of fallout, I'll believe it when I see it.  nod
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: