http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 02:18:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FALLOUT 3  (Read 15494 times)
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2008, 10:55:06 AM »

Man, that new trailer on Gametrailers.com was terrible. Okay, we get it... Enough panning from an image then showing us some burned out area. We want gameplay movies! frown
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2008, 02:25:13 PM »

Quote from: namatoki on July 12, 2008, 10:55:06 AM

Man, that new trailer on Gametrailers.com was terrible. Okay, we get it... Enough panning from an image then showing us some burned out area. We want gameplay movies! frown

I wouldn't call it terrible. It continues to show that the devs have the same 'humor' as the older games. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Besides, Ron will have plenty of gameplay impressions shortly.

BTW - the movie is here if you want to take a look.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2008, 02:37:47 PM »

Quote from: namatoki on July 12, 2008, 10:55:06 AM

We want gameplay movies! frown

+1.  I'd like to see the combat engine in action.  Maybe we can get Ron and warning to dress up and recreate it for us-  Ron as the Vault Guy and warning as some horrific super mutant.  Kevin Grey can be Dogmeat  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2008, 04:20:44 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 12, 2008, 12:36:45 AM

Quote from: Sarkus on July 11, 2008, 11:47:31 PM

So, KD, any ETA on when you will post your Fallout 3 impressions?
 ninja

it'll be the first post of the redesign  icon_twisted

Cold, but funny.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2008, 05:22:52 PM »

Ha, I should've specified it was just a small teaser.  Don't worry, e3 is very soon and who knows what will come out of that? smile  Well, I do, but I'm not telling!
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2008, 07:07:30 PM »

Quote from: kathode on July 12, 2008, 05:22:52 PM

Ha, I should've specified it was just a small teaser.  Don't worry, e3 is very soon and who knows what will come out of that? smile  Well, I do, but I'm not telling!

You can stop trying to be sneaky.  G4 has already announced the Todd Howard demo for Monday night.

icon_lol

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2008, 09:43:01 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on July 12, 2008, 07:07:30 PM

You can stop trying to be sneaky.  G4 has already announced the Todd Howard demo for Monday night.

icon_lol

Good stuff, but we're doing more than that.  That will certainly give you a good look at the game though!
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2008, 10:21:13 PM »

icon_lol

woah, woah. a demo as in playable or a gameplay demo ala the diablo 3 one blizzard did?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2008, 12:05:23 AM »

Quote from: jersoc on July 12, 2008, 10:21:13 PM

icon_lol

woah, woah. a demo as in playable or a gameplay demo ala the diablo 3 one blizzard did?

a demo that can be accidentally leaked to a small group of people?   unibrow

Because I can,
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2008, 01:50:54 AM »

icon_lol

What part of G4 the tv network and Todd Howard demo made you think I meant they were releasing a demo?

No, no, no!  It's Todd Howard demoing the game in G4 on Monday night.   Roll Eyes

- American Dad
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2008, 02:12:13 AM »

Quote from: Sarkus on July 13, 2008, 01:50:54 AM

icon_lol

What part of G4 the tv network and Todd Howard demo made you think I meant they were releasing a demo?

No, no, no!  It's Todd Howard demoing the game in G4 on Monday night.   Roll Eyes

yes, because a network can't announce a playable demo coming out? only internet sites right? maybe if you included more details it would have been clearer. sorry we all can't read your mind.  retard retard
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2008, 02:41:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 12, 2008, 12:36:45 AM

Quote from: Sarkus on July 11, 2008, 11:47:31 PM

So, KD, any ETA on when you will post your Fallout 3 impressions?
 ninja

it'll be the first post of the redesign  icon_twisted

deadhorse

Quote from: CeeKay on July 12, 2008, 02:37:47 PM

Kevin Grey can be Dogmeat  Tongue

Only in your fantasies would you have KG dressed up as a furry... Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2008, 08:29:41 PM »

You can get the official trailer here now - http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/videos.html
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2008, 08:42:18 PM »

And here's a gameplay video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36197.html?e3i=1
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2008, 09:45:34 PM »

Wow, that gameplay trailer was pretty cool. It was pretty fast, and we didn't get to see that much; however, the stuff we did get to see looked awesome. smile
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2008, 09:55:12 PM »

Didn't do a whole lot for me.  I'm sure the combat is probably fun to play but watching it was pretty meh.  I would much rather have seen some footage highlighting interactions in a more densely packed environment like a town or base. 
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2008, 10:13:30 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 14, 2008, 09:55:12 PM

Didn't do a whole lot for me.  I'm sure the combat is probably fun to play but watching it was pretty meh.  I would much rather have seen some footage highlighting interactions in a more densely packed environment like a town or base. 

Yeah I'd recommend watching the demo Todd does on G4.  He'll have more time with that, so while it will be the same area, he'll be able to try some different things out and take his time. 
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2008, 10:15:09 PM »

Good to hear!  I had somewhat assumed that he'd be doing the exact same demo for them. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2008, 12:39:25 AM »

can we have it now?  please?  pretty please?

Because I can,
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2008, 12:50:48 AM »

This GamesRadar/PCG hands-on seems pretty heavy on how the game plays, though it is minorly spoilerish.

Sounds very good.

- American Dad
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2008, 12:54:44 AM »

Looks like a good FPS to me-nothing more.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2008, 01:06:57 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on July 15, 2008, 12:54:44 AM

Did you read the GamesRadar preview I linked?  It really restored my faith in the idea that Fallout 3 has a lot of RPG elements in it.

Also, should you really be linking the CC5 AAR as your sig?   icon_mad icon_biggrin

- American Dad
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2008, 01:09:16 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on July 15, 2008, 12:54:44 AM

Seeing as I loved STALKER I can live with that.  I bet I won't be using alot of the VATS system unless the game forces you too.

Because I can,
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2008, 01:34:02 AM »

Quote from: kathode on July 14, 2008, 10:13:30 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 14, 2008, 09:55:12 PM

Yeah I'd recommend watching the demo Todd does on G4.  He'll have more time with that, so while it will be the same area, he'll be able to try some different things out and take his time. 

the demo on G4 was much more entertaining than the rushed gameplay during Microsoft's event.  while he did show the same area and the same basic interactions, there were a few new features pointed out.  the Rock-It Launcher, for example, is just plain awesome...hard to beat a Bloody Mess kill from a flying teddy bear icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2008, 02:33:34 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 15, 2008, 01:09:16 AM

I bet I won't be using alot of the VATS system unless the game forces you too.

Yeah, one of the reservations we had when we first started working on it too.  Now I find myself not only putting off ANY run and gun until my action points fill up, but I really want VATS in other games smile  We were watching that Resident Evil 5 footage and there are a bunch of parts where he's trying to line up a shot.  I looked at the guys next to me and we all just said "Needs VATS" haha.  I'm sure there will be people who don't like it as there are people who don't like just about any individual thing in particular, but for me, it's one part of the game that just never seems to get old no matter how much I play.

It doesn't require you to use it at any point, btw.  But it can be a big advantage in many situations. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2008, 02:42:40 AM »

can you at least turn of the 3rd person cinematic camera that seems to accompany it?  it looks to me like that bit might be slightly disorienting in a big firefight.

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2008, 02:58:06 AM »

After watching the trailer I have to say that I'm quite impressed. And I LOVE how the VATS system works based on it. It so perfectly blends the old games with the new one.

And incase you haven't pulled the trailer yet, go click on the link above - you'll be able to grab it off of GT's brand new server.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2008, 02:59:16 AM »

Special Projects Group?

uh-oh.....

I AM NOT GOING BACK IN THE CHAIR!!!!!

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2008, 03:03:26 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 15, 2008, 02:59:16 AM

Special Projects Group?

uh-oh.....

I AM NOT GOING BACK IN THE CHAIR!!!!!

Tongue

Actually, I've had that tag for a few months now. You've just never noticed it for whatever reason.

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2008, 03:04:31 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 15, 2008, 02:42:40 AM

can you at least turn of the 3rd person cinematic camera that seems to accompany it?  it looks to me like that bit might be slightly disorienting in a big firefight.

Nah, that's core to the system.  But VATS is the opposite of disorienting given the whole pause time thing.  At any point regardless of your action points you can enter the mode and scan around and it will highlight all targets in your Perception range.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2008, 03:18:49 AM »

Quote from: kathode on July 15, 2008, 03:04:31 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on July 15, 2008, 02:42:40 AM

Nah, that's core to the system.  But VATS is the opposite of disorienting given the whole pause time thing.  At any point regardless of your action points you can enter the mode and scan around and it will highlight all targets in your Perception range.

so the nearby characters that you are allowed to target are limited by your perception score?  i was wondering how that was determined when todd howard couldn't lock on to certain enemies that were a little too far away in the G4 demo...wound up grenading a guy right in front of him because the system wouldn't let him target guys that were farther away.  he seemed to just gloss over that and they moved on too quickly to really talk about it.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2008, 03:25:44 AM »

Quote from: disarm on July 15, 2008, 03:18:49 AM

so the nearby characters that you are allowed to target are limited by your perception score?  i was wondering how that was determined when todd howard couldn't lock on to certain enemies that were a little too far away in the G4 demo...wound up grenading a guy right in front of him because the system wouldn't let him target guys that were farther away.  he seemed to just gloss over that and they moved on too quickly to really talk about it.
Yeah it takes that into account plus whether or not your weapon can reach the other people and whether or not they're obscured.

Looks like G4 posted their video online if you didn't get to see it on TV.  I believe there will be some more tomorrow as well -
http://www.g4tv.com/e32008/videos/26939/Hands_On_Fallout_3.html
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2008, 01:39:13 PM »

It's been quite a while since I've gotten worked up over a game months before release, and a week ago I wasn't really sweating FO3, I mean other than ordering the survival edition for the 360. After the teaser, trailer and gameplay demos, I'm not all worked up and I can't wait for release.. so far away. I did switch my pre-order to the PC survival edition. I'm assuming we expect a similar to oblivion level of mod-ability for FO3. Has anything like that been announced?

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on July 15, 2008, 01:39:13 PM

I'm assuming we expect a similar to oblivion level of mod-ability for FO3. Has anything like that been announced?

The official word is that the mod creation tools will not be included on the release discs. Now, keep in mind that they said the EXACT same thing for Oblivion, and if you remember, the mod tools were available about a week before the game's launch on their website.

Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2008, 04:41:59 PM »

Any official system requirements yet, or still nada?

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2008, 12:10:18 AM »

A couple hands-on articles for anyone interested.  No system requirements announced yet, sorry

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=921
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 02:46:20 AM by kathode » Logged
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2008, 12:24:46 AM »

gamespot is demo'ing this now.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2008, 12:38:09 AM »

Quote from: Freezer-TPF- on July 15, 2008, 04:41:59 PM

found them!!!!

Minimum System Requirements:
Something better than what you have now

Recommended System:
You'll need to sell at least one kidney

Tongue

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2008, 12:42:40 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 16, 2008, 12:38:09 AM

found them!!!!

Recommended System:

Tongue

Actual:

Xbox 360
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2008, 12:48:45 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 16, 2008, 12:42:40 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on July 16, 2008, 12:38:09 AM

found them!!!!

Recommended System:

Tongue

Actual:

Xbox 360

bah, anyone with a PC who chooses the 360 version deserves a swift

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: