http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 09:23:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallout 3 Trailer  (Read 3542 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2007, 02:17:38 AM »

Quote from: Creepy_Smell on June 16, 2007, 01:30:55 AM

got to love the comments.  I'm going to buy this just to spite those idiots.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2007, 03:07:37 AM »

Looks good to me, and hallelujah no scaled encounters!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2007, 06:57:56 AM »

Heh, your overhead view was left in the 90's.  slywink
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2007, 04:10:55 PM »

Thats not Fallout then. Might be interesting anyways but its not Fallout.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2007, 04:14:02 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on June 16, 2007, 04:10:55 PM

it looks better than Fallout  icon_biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2007, 07:15:05 PM »

Why? Give me one, cogent, logical argument that is more than "because Fallout 1 and 2 were top down 2d isometrics." That is not a reason- its simply refusing to understand that games change, technology changes, and life moves on. Warcraft 3 is faux-3d, the camera can be rotated moved, zoomed, etc. It is fundametnally different from Warcraft 1, yet remains "Warcraft". What about a completely arbitrary 2d isometric design (that was chosen not because some deity decreed that that was the order of Fallout games, but because it was the best technology to build such a game on at the time) makes the game Fallout, while all others invalidate the name?

Please, just one reason. A logical one. Even a mostly logical one. I have yet to find one reading any of the fanboy criticism.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2007, 09:30:39 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on June 16, 2007, 07:15:05 PM

Why? Give me one, cogent, logical argument that is more than "because Fallout 1 and 2 were top down 2d isometrics." That is not a reason- its simply refusing to understand that games change, technology changes, and life moves on. Warcraft 3 is faux-3d, the camera can be rotated moved, zoomed, etc. It is fundametnally different from Warcraft 1, yet remains "Warcraft". What about a completely arbitrary 2d isometric design (that was chosen not because some deity decreed that that was the order of Fallout games, but because it was the best technology to build such a game on at the time) makes the game Fallout, while all others invalidate the name?

Please, just one reason. A logical one. Even a mostly logical one. I have yet to find one reading any of the fanboy criticism.

For the same reason Fallout Tactics was not Fallout. You could slap the Fallout name on STALKER but would that make it Fallout? Nope.

This game looks interesting. Hell it may be pretty damn cool. But its not the same game type or look as Fallout 1 & 2 and is not Fallout because of it. It can be in the Fallout universe though.

All these X-Com clones fail on some level because the way they are made is not in the same line that the original was made and the way most fans want them.

Warcraft 1 2 and 3?..Ya those are Warcraft.....World of Warcraft? Nope not Warcraft. Same world different game.

Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2007, 10:11:07 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on June 16, 2007, 09:30:39 PM

For the same reason Fallout Tactics was not Fallout.

Fallout Tactics wasn't Fallout because they didn't capture the atmosphere of the world very well.  But you can't know that FO3 won't get the world right because...we haven't seen it yet.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2007, 11:59:37 PM »

Yea thats totally true. Honestly it looks pretty cool to me. Im disappointed that its not a "traditional" Fallout. I likes me overhead view. Thats Fallout. Its a tie with overhead view and the setting that I love  the Fallouts so much. These days we have way too much 3D and first person in our games and not enough 3/4 overhead isometric view games. Which btw are my favorites.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2007, 02:14:07 AM »

The Earth is still the Earth whether you view it from its surface, or space.  slywink

So just saying that while I do agree that the viewpoint shift is a big change, you have to remember that it can still follow the fallout setting pretty well despite that change.

The one bit of good news for you is that they're saying they really improved the third person camera from Oblivion's piss poor camera.  Go third person and zoom out enough and maybe it'll work for you.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2007, 02:40:43 AM »

I did'nt see anything wrong with Oblivion's...though come to think of it I may have been playing it from a first person view. Cant recall. Im gonna reinstall it soon so we'll see smile

I thought STALKER reminded me of Fallout a lot for some reason.

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2007, 03:03:06 AM »

Why? Give me one, cogent, logical argument that is more than "because Fallout 1 and 2 were top down 2d isometrics." That is not a reason- its simply refusing to understand that games change, technology changes, and life moves on.

How about I give you a reason that involves the perspective switch? Fallout, outside of being an RPG, was a great tactical shooter whose third-person omniscient perspective facilitates the tactical perspective of the game. Particularly when you have others in your party. Switching things to a first-person perspective completely changes the flavor of combat and makes it a significantly different experience.

That's not to say this can't be a great game set in the Fallout universe with lots of nostalgic turns for those of us that loved Fallout and Fallout 2. It does, however, make it drastically harder to recreate the experience of playing the first two. Thus the many cries of "That's not Fallout."

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2007, 01:46:56 PM »

Thus the many cries of "That's not Fallout."

I like telling those people "Well, you can look at it this way - it's this or nothing.  Shut up."

I'm an ISTJ though....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2007, 02:05:06 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on June 17, 2007, 01:46:56 PM

I like telling those people "Well, you can look at it this way - it's this or nothing.  Shut up."

I'm an ISTJ though....

For the record, I was just providing some perspective. I'm not in the camp declaring, "It's not Fallout." Though I'm not declaring it is either. Won't know 'till I play it.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2007, 12:13:03 AM »

Quote from: CrayolaSmoker on June 18, 2007, 02:05:06 AM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on June 17, 2007, 01:46:56 PM

I'm an ISTJ though....

For the record, I was just providing some perspective. I'm not in the camp declaring, "It's not Fallout." Though I'm not declaring it is either. Won't know 'till I play it.

What's that?  An open mind?

You'd be insta banned from NMA with that attitude, mister!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: