http://gamingtrend.com
November 25, 2014, 10:38:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallout 3 Trailer  (Read 3572 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: June 05, 2007, 04:27:27 PM »

You can hit the official page for it right now, but I'll have a 720p version up in about 15 minutes.  Looks like it'll be a long wait to 2008!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 04:29:44 PM by Knightshade Dragon » Logged

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 04:30:54 PM »

What a shock, the page isn't loading for me. icon_wink Any update on the full trailer from here?

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 04:32:07 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on June 05, 2007, 04:30:54 PM

What a shock, the page isn't loading for me. icon_wink Any update on the full trailer from here?

12 minutes, 30 seconds to go.  Its a touch over 130mb

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 04:35:35 PM »

There's an early version of it available at YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 04:36:43 PM »

Sorry.  Someone posted that at QT3 and I fell for it.  I thought I'd spread the love.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 04:42:48 PM »

Quote from: warning on June 05, 2007, 04:36:43 PM

Sorry.  Someone posted that at QT3 and I fell for it.  I thought I'd spread the love.

That Ginger stole some black guy's singing voice....   Tongue

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 04:44:55 PM »

...aaaand done.  Hit the front page for the link and the answers to some early questions. 

(I'm such a bitch, I know)

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 04:47:08 PM »

Awesome - downloaded in less than a minute - thanks!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 05:39:34 PM »

Quote from: warning on June 05, 2007, 04:35:35 PM

There's an early version of it available at YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Ooooh, son, you got RickRoll'd!!

TheMissingLink on PSN
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 06:14:20 PM »

That was neat.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 06:16:48 PM »

Pretty good!

PSN ID: EduardoX
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 07:07:53 PM »

Tried to grab it from the front page but there appear to be 2million people downloading at the moment... and it errored out.

Edit: then it worked a few minutes later.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 07:10:27 PM by Jarrodhk » Logged

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 07:16:36 PM »

Members only for right now - if you want the direct link hit me up with a PM.   

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 08:31:37 PM »

Hmmm.... might the server have been spiked just a whee bit from that trailer? ninja

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 08:52:46 PM »

"War. War never changes."

Fallout 3

Fall...2008.

BOO!  crybaby

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 12:36:12 AM »

I hate trailers that show you absolutely nothing of the game.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 12:38:47 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on June 05, 2007, 08:31:37 PM

Hmmm.... might the server have been spiked just a whee bit from that trailer? ninja

lil bit

http://www.gamingtrend.com/video/Fallout3_720p_wmv_2.zip

Had to keep shuffling the file name.  Crafty bastards.

Link dead.  PM for link.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 04:17:24 PM by Knightshade Dragon » Logged

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 01:24:33 AM »

Thanks for the quick download KD! Neat trailor, I just can't get excited about a game that's not due out until Fall 2010 though. icon_twisted
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 01:52:04 AM »

I saw it on gametrailers.com before coming here.  I wish they would have given some idea of what the gameplay is going to look like, and I'm betting Fall 2008 turns into Spring 2009.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 01:58:05 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 06, 2007, 01:52:04 AM

I saw it on gametrailers.com before coming here.  I wish they would have given some idea of what the gameplay is going to look like, and I'm betting Fall 2008 turns into Spring 2009.

Honestly it's probably too early for gameplay footage. Plus we all know how Bethesda likes to hype stuff while giving out as little info as possible. They can drag this on for years.

I would rather it be a couple of months until release to hear anything at all myself.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 02:12:08 AM »

The July GameInformer will have the first details in their July issue, which should be out soon.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 04:18:11 PM »

Link changed - PM me for the direct link. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 04:28:11 PM »

GUUGUAUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

FALL 08!  Who can wait that long?  Well with my schedule I should be able to get through the first two and brotherhood again by then.

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 04:17:50 PM »

There is a 22-page thread about this on No Mutants allowed. Here are some of the choice comments:

About the inability to view the trailer:
"Yeah, umm.. no download is possible. All my love for Bethesda! They really know what they're doing!"
"This has to be the worst "relase" ever. At least they could have released a torrent? Well, guess i need to wait my 10 minuttes (if the server doesnt catches fire)"

The actual traler
"Video looks about as illustrious as the concept art."
"That power armor looks like shit."
"Well I just saw the trailer, and I can say that Bethesda has not disappointed me, it would have been special if they had done so. All I saw was a load of fluff, some pretty intro graphics and a location that could well be from Half Life 2 and in the end the teaser proved to be completely pointless. I have no doubt that these people have intro making scenes and I congratulate them for that, but I wanted to see ingame material, not a show off of earlier mentioned skills."
"Upon further reflection it seems kind of... forced... like a cheap copy of the fallout intro... It even has a similar timing."
"We saw barely anything ingame related, yes I did read that this intro was supposedly made with the ingame engine, but we never got any answers on the big questions; what is the gameplay going to be like, will it be FPS, Third Person or Classic Fallout perspective? Give me a couple of thousands dollars worth of computer equipment and a team of skilled programmers, artists and animators and enough money to hire a couple of voice actors and I can promise you I could come up with something just as similar as what we saw and still call it Fallout 3."
" inally saw the whole thing. This is all in-engine footage, so I don't see a whole lot of promise. It came off as very easily being Oblivion with guns. I guess the emptiness of TES would be better served by a wasteland setting, heh. Beyond some superficial graphical aspects, this doesn't seem positive to me. I'm ready to hold down W for 20 minutes to get through that city, though! Oo! Mantids! Aim, click, click! Dead! I got 2 mantid goo! I can use my herbal skill to make a healing po-- I mean stimpaks! Oh shit a deathclaw, and I'm only level 37! PRESS 'S' and clickclickclickclickclick for 10 minutes then die. Reload, shit, can't go that way I guess, maybe I'll just look for one of several hundred pigrat caves, for some freeform, sandboxed XP gatherin'. Also, I'm almost out of pigrat snot, so I can't make any antidote powders."
"Well, that was a surprise! Such shitty graphics! That means one of two things at least: either they aren't focusing on graphics and/or they are not making it full FPP!!! I'm a bit confused here... Also, crappy bethesda! No site?!!?! I want details on the game!!!"

Details, details
"the coke bottles, shouldn't they be darker blue for nuka cola? red label doesnt fit."
"And a stuffed animal lasts 70+ years exposed in a nuclear wasteland?"
"The power armour looks wrong. No matter if it's an earlier model, patched and repaired with whatever scrap iron they could find, a compromise to allow for clipping etc or basically a cock up of the art dept, it just looks wrong. The pauldrons are very medieval, even down to the little rosettes other the hinges."
"vault boy on a poster in the bus : i never ever saw vault boy appearing anywhere in the surroundings in Fo1 and 2 and i think it just doesn't fit into there "
"We waited a month for a camera moving through a bus? Are they kidding?"

The release of the game
"What the fuck is Fall 2008? Can't they put a month instead?"

To be fair, there were a lot of positive comments as well, but those aren't nearly as fun to read. There were also discussions of whether or not that was a newly recorded Ron Perlman line and is Fallout: Tactics was canon, not to mention the whole first-person/isometric debate. Plus, there was a whole thing about what the Brotherhood of Steel was doing on the East Coast to begin with.

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 06:12:51 PM »

Gotta love the Internets for giving freedom of voice to the people who deserve it least. icon_cool

Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 06:19:08 PM »

Quote from: Grievous Angel on June 07, 2007, 04:17:50 PM

"What the fuck is Fall 2008? Can't they put a month instead?"

Best comment there. LOL!

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 06:40:39 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on June 07, 2007, 06:12:51 PM

Gotta love the Internets for giving freedom of voice to the people who deserve it least. icon_cool

LOL

But rather true pretty much.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 08:39:27 PM »

Seriously, if I knew any of the people that said those quotes in real life I would probably ask them never to speak to me again. What complete idiots. It's really sad actually.
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 12:15:34 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on June 07, 2007, 08:39:27 PM

Seriously, if I knew any of the people that said those quotes in real life I would probably ask them never to speak to me again. What complete idiots. It's really sad actually.

Then do yourself a favor and avoid the debate on pages 21-22 about how the new design for the power armor is too influenced by the suits of armor from the Elder Scrolls games, and are thus completely useless in stopping bullets. I could have doubled the length of my previous post by listing the choice comments from that debacle.

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 02:04:02 AM »

Quote from: Grievous Angel on June 08, 2007, 12:15:34 AM

Then do yourself a favor and avoid the debate on pages 21-22 about how the new design for the power armor is too influenced by the suits of armor from the Elder Scrolls games, and are thus completely useless in stopping bullets. I could have doubled the length of my previous post by listing the choice comments from that debacle.

Uh... Talk about total geekdom.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 02:17:27 AM »

"Upon further reflection it seems kind of... forced... like a cheap copy of the fallout intro... It even has a similar timing."
I actually pretty much agree with this one.  It seems they strung together all the things Fallout is known for - the scratchy 50s music, the pip-boy posters, the "War..." tagline.  It makes sense, but the trailer seemed more about allaying people's fears that the game wouldn't be Fallout-y enough.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 03:08:10 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on June 08, 2007, 02:04:02 AM

Uh... Talk about total geekdom.

Wrong. Geekdom denotes someone that is fanatical about a specific niche (i.e. games or movies or comics) that usually falls outside the norm of mass acceptance, yet is able to communicate intelligently with people on a broad range of subjects. These people, however, are just plain nuts.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2007, 05:36:35 AM »

I'm fine as long as it's a First person Oblivion like game.  Screw the fans, I want it my way!  Tongue

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2007, 12:57:09 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on June 08, 2007, 02:17:27 AM

I actually pretty much agree with this one.  It seems they strung together all the things Fallout is known for - the scratchy 50s music, the pip-boy posters, the "War..." tagline.  It makes sense, but the trailer seemed more about allaying people's fears that the game wouldn't be Fallout-y enough.

I agree.  If felt by the numbers and I don't mean that to be negative.  It just felt like the minimum you would expect in a Fallout teaser (Inkspots, "War", etc).  The chief item that made it interesting was the Eastern seaboard setting but that was pretty much given away in all of the concept art anyway.

Good teaser but I can't say I'm any more or less excited than before.  I still want to know gameplay details first and foremost.  Hopefully the Game Informer article will have some good info. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2007, 02:24:11 PM »

Please don't, in my fragile state its likely to send me into seizure.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2007, 03:09:25 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on June 08, 2007, 02:24:11 PM

Please don't, in my fragile state its likely to send me into seizure.

we don't mind  Tongue

Because I can,
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2007, 06:18:22 PM »

Well, not much in this trailer..but it's a great teaser. Looks so good.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2007, 09:54:31 PM »

Here, have some gameplay details:

(entire article copied and pasted)

The latest issue of Game Informer has the first concrete details of Bethesda's Fallout 3. Those who were worried of Post-Apocalyptic Oblivion should find some solace in the amount of Fallout style that has been retained.

Though it does run off of a modified Oblivion -- which is no surprise, considering the in-game teaser featured a Powered Armor soldier that looked strikingly similar to an Elder Scrolls knight -- the developers have reworked the third-person view due to the "negative feedback from its last role-player," CVG reports. The health system allows you to hit enemies -- and subsequently lets enemies hit you -- in specific points on the body.

Remnants from previous Fallout titles include:

* The Karma system! Bethesda is touting 9 to 12 different endings based on your actions in the game.
    * The ability to sneak and talk your way through the game. Maybe we can still talk the final boss into self-destructing.
    * Turn-based combat is possible using Vault-tec Assisted Targeting System (V.A.T.S.), although once your action points are used up, you will revert to real-time combat until they charge up again.
    * Radiation poisoning.
    * As indicated from the trailer, Ron Perlman

Liam "I'm your daddy" Neeson will appear in the opening of the game as your are born in a vault hospital, showing traits similar to the ones you choose for your character. Fallout 3 is set for a Fall 2008 release.

Cool!

Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2007, 01:30:55 AM »

nma has mag scans up

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2007, 02:08:41 AM »

If those are screens from the game it looks like shit. Wheres my overhead view?

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: