http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 02:55:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallout 3 - Spoilers thread  (Read 1501 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2008, 09:44:05 PM »

A place where you don't need those "spoiler" tags.  Don't come in here unless you don't care about being spoiled.

I wish I had enough game time to put something really spoilerish here but I am about 5 hours in and haven't really done much.  I am working on the annoying woman's book but I tried the mole rat quest and after I crossed the river I got attacked by 3 milguils (sp) and a centar!  What is pu with that?  So I am going to go after the fire ants and see how that goes instead.

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 12:49:49 AM »

shit, i'm slow - i've put in 8-10 hrs, & i'm just now headed out to the ghost town minefield (i did spend some time clearing out the school, but, having made it to the end of the mine underneath, & finding nothing, really, i'm not sure why... good vats practice, tho - it kinda served as my vats tutorial smile )...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 08:16:51 AM »

holy cow,a friend has just told me this

Heres an extremely helpful tip. Go to the Underworld in the museum of history. Take a left and go up the stairs, and talk to the bartender about the man in the corner. He is the bartenders brainwashed slave. If you talk to the bartender, he will offer the slave for 1,000, 2,000, caps, or a "deal". The deal is killing the rival bartender. Wait til she goes outside the underworld on a smoke break and kill her. The bartender will give you the slave. His name is Charon. He has unlimited ammo for himself, and a combat shotgun and leather armomr that never degenerates. Its exclusive to him, but he can really do some damage w/ it. He can carry any and all of your stuuf, just like a good ol pack mule. When in a battle he will lose a lil health. Right when all the hostiles are killed, his health will automatically regenerate after the fight. As long as you engage the enemy, hell be ok and you'll get the xp. Its awesome all around.

if thats true,that would be pretty cool,as i am always maxing out my weight..has anyone else tried this?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 02:22:20 PM »

Pretty much all of the companions are pack mules with unlimited ammo and their gear never degenerates. Charon may be the easiest to get at least if you're a goody two shoes and can make it to the underground. I think bad guys can get Jericho pretty easily though I haven't done it myself.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 03:51:06 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on November 06, 2008, 02:22:20 PM

Pretty much all of the companions are pack mules with unlimited ammo and their gear never degenerates.

Keep in mind that the unlimited ammo is only for what primary weapon they 'come with'. I've only come across Dogmeat and Cross, and they're both melee users. The ranged weapon and ammo I give to Cross definitely goes away as she fires.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 05:47:28 PM »

i did try that with the underworld mule,he is pretty cool,...however after seeing how far i could push him,4 super mutants two with mini guns...he downed 3 but the last one got him

so i reloaded...now i know my/his limits..he is pretty good with the shotgun though one or two shots usually kills a super mutant,so as long as you dont get ambushed by lots of them,you should be cool...think i may save my game and then put him up with one of the gi-normous mutants(the 1 of 7 )..see how he does,LOL

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 10:42:39 PM »

how is this for a spoiler

for those without the guide

not my image..nicked it off the PS3 forums

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1755/fo3mapkn0.jpg

when opened click on the pic to make it more clear(still doesnt show everything though)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 10:44:14 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 10:49:03 PM »

i think this time i will not be using an ally except for dogmeat.  next round though, as an evil manipulative female, i intend to have jericho pal around with me. 

it really depends on how effective i can be in a fight against the big guys though.  if i get stuck into a bad situation, then i'll enlist help.

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 01:25:22 AM »

Quote from: Caine on November 06, 2008, 10:49:03 PM

i think this time i will not be using an ally except for dogmeat.  next round though, as an evil manipulative female, i intend to have jericho pal around with me. 

it really depends on how effective i can be in a fight against the big guys though.  if i get stuck into a bad situation, then i'll enlist help.

RL-3 is quite a good companion as well.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 01:54:50 AM »

Quote from: Caine on November 06, 2008, 10:49:03 PM

I am using Charon and he rocks.  Can take a pretty good beating...I would love to see a mod that makes companions get knocked out instead of killed tho.  I had to reload when playing today because I fast travelled and got jumped by a group of Talon Mercs and they focused fire on Charon before I could even get turned around to engage.  Also....any ideas how to stop the attacks by the mercs?  I would love to go take them out as well as that bastard Burke, if I could find them.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 06:47:50 PM »

i got jumped by a band of mercs after fast traveling to marigold station.  kind of jolting actually and considering i usually go into the wastelands with my hunting rifle, not a good moment for me.  not sure who sicc'ed them on me, as i got ganked pretty quickly and couldn't get out of there and they didn't say who their employer was. 

it wasn't burke though, unless his decapitated head managed to send a message to them from moriarty's bar.   icon_twisted

it could also be that i went into one of their camps and wasted 3 of their buddies and stole their equipment too. 

i spend most of last night exploring from megaton to rivet city and sneaking past mutants.  now that i know where i need to go next, i intend on taking the road more traveled and wiping them out too. 

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 07:08:11 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 07, 2008, 06:47:50 PM

i got jumped by a band of mercs after fast traveling to marigold station.  kind of jolting actually and considering i usually go into the wastelands with my hunting rifle, not a good moment for me.  not sure who sicc'ed them on me, as i got ganked pretty quickly and couldn't get out of there and they didn't say who their employer was. 

it wasn't burke though, unless his decapitated head managed to send a message to them from moriarty's bar.   icon_twisted

ahh,thats the same message i found on the mercs who jumped me,i presumed it WAS Burke...and thats why i have vowed to find him and kill him in the most amusing way..although i am thinking this wont be possible

the good thing about this when exploring,if you are low on health..and you come across a location that you have discovered,you can fast tarvel home and rest/get supplies and then fast tarvel back to that location and then just carry on...when trying to get somehwhere,finding locations inbetweens are embraced by me in the same way save points are embraced after doing a very long mission(not just this game)

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 07:24:46 PM »

okay,i have just finished it..70hrs

below will be real spoilers(like the thread says)..so be warned...REAL SPOILERS!!!

i thought it was a great game,i would of however liked to of stuck around capital wasteland at the end,and messed about,but i have saved it in various places so i can do that at a later date

i used the level 20 perk to uncover every location on the map,but it seemed when i did that i only had a dozen at the most to go and discover(you can tell which locations you havent discovered yet if they are on your map by the diagonal line on that marker)

the ending was okay,(i tried both ways...my sacrifice,and her sacrifice....and doesnt she moan when she has to do something for once???...alright if its me,doing it all AGAIN..but no,she wont forget me,which really made the fires of my heart alight(!))

why the hell wouldnt the incredible hulk(Fawkes) do it?...he's immune to radiation...i asked him and he said he didnt want to take the oppertunity away from me..oh thanks(!)......it felt like i was nothing but a joey.....and after i punched in the numbers i had plenty of time to get back

the only achievement i didnt get that i wanted was the speech one,i only had 33 at the end..the other achievements i missed out on i had to be neutral or low karma

i liked it how the president was a machine...i am wondering if he really was a machine,or was it a wizard of oz thing(hiding behind a curtain somewhere)..if it was,then i totally missed it

when i punched in the numbers at the end,where was my fathers body?

and yup,very mad max at the end,i loved it with the description of the lone wanderer

as for DLC,i am not sure what they can add apart for more places to discover,as they cant really expand the story..so one of those past save points i made will come in handy
i do plan to play it all again someday,and try for the achievements i missed(hell i got all 1250/1250 out of Oblivion,so why not)

still one of the main contenders for GOTY though

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 10:13:25 PM »

did anyone else go to Ft. Constantine any launch the ICBM? I'd love to know what it was targeted at.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Lord Percy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 12:07:37 AM »

I believe I read that launching the nuke just opened a door somewhere.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 01:43:53 AM »

i remember doing it,didnt it malfunction though

also,someone has just told me there is a secret mission if you like(or prolly a freeform quest)..to find out why the super mutants like the mall area so much,and in the trenches infront of the monument,there is a secret place to some green stuff(radiation suit needed)..i have found a small underground bunker in those trenches,but nothing much is in there

anyone know anything about this?

Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 04:09:42 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 21, 2008, 01:43:53 AM

i remember doing it,didnt it malfunction though

Yes, it malfunctions.  The satellite nukes you can launch from one of the SatCom towers do come down on you, but they are basically just a handful of mini-nukes that explode on the empty ground nearby.

also,someone has just told me there is a secret mission if you like(or prolly a freeform quest)..to find out why the super mutants like the mall area so much,and in the trenches infront of the monument,there is a secret place to some green stuff(radiation suit needed)..i have found a small underground bunker in those trenches,but nothing much is in there

anyone know anything about this?

Not that I'm aware of.  I've played the game twice now and just spent 2-3 hours last night reading through the strat guide.  I don't think the question is ever answered.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 04:57:05 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 20, 2008, 07:24:46 PM

below will be real spoilers(like the thread says)..so be warned...REAL SPOILERS!!! . . .

why the hell wouldnt the incredible hulk(Fawkes) do it?...he's immune to radiation...i asked him and he said he didnt want to take the oppertunity away from me..oh thanks(!).....

I thought this was sort of ridiculous as well.   It's my destiny to hit 3 numbers, then die a horrible, gasping death?  Well, that's just great, Frankenberry. 

Still, that was just a tiny bit of weirdness in an otherwise great game.  Best RPG on the 360, easily.  Think I'll try to run through it as a villain next time around.   I may even pick it up for the PC, too.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 05:06:55 AM by kadnod » Logged

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: