http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 12:39:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallout 3 on the 360  (Read 1533 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: June 16, 2007, 01:43:31 PM »

Well, with the attached picture it is all but confirmed.  I don't seem to have a right bumper on my PC keyboard...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Knightsabre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 02:04:18 PM »

I'd say you are definitely correct.  I'm looking at my keyboard right now, and can't find an RB key either.  Oh, and looks like there is targeting of specific bodyparts as well - thats good news!  I'm going to be optimistic and say that Bethsoft is going to pull this one off . . .

Xbox gamertag - Knightsabre1
Bibbity boppity, gimmee the zoppity.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 02:27:19 PM »

so I can get the graphical horsepower of my PC (plus the modability of the game) and the convenience of my 360 controller?  sweet!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 05:07:45 PM »

For some reason I always thought this game was 360/PC, but after looking through the announcements it was only stated for the PC.

Guess that shows how much I knew this would be a duel release like Oblivion.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 06:01:09 PM »

I'm pretty happy about this.  My budget is going to be severely limited soon, and there's no way I would have been able to upgrade my PC to play Fallout 3.  Now I can.   icon_cool

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 07:11:49 PM »

It's for PS3 too- it mentions all three platforms (PC/360/PS3) on the GI cover. 
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 07:24:21 PM »

I'm really praying this doesn't turn out to be Oblivion in the Falluot universe...

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 07:53:19 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on June 16, 2007, 07:11:49 PM

It's for PS3 too- it mentions all three platforms (PC/360/PS3) on the GI cover. 

And here's to hoping that the PC version won't have the GIANT ASS UI that default Oblivion does. As much as I love Bethesda, I really don't want to wait for the modders to make a UI that doesn't stare you in the face every second of the game.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 11:27:11 PM »

Didn't they do that for Deus Ex 2 as well?  It carried over to the PC version as well if I remember correctly.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 01:34:59 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 16, 2007, 11:27:11 PM

Didn't they do that for Deus Ex 2 as well?  It carried over to the PC version as well if I remember correctly.

More or less. Deus Ex 2 was ruined (IMHO) because it was designed for the Xbox and then ported to the PC. So you had tiny little levels with huge load times due to the Xbox's lack of RAM (compared to the PC). Oblivion on the other hand played great no matter what system (PC, Xbox, or PS3) you had it on.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 02:09:21 AM »

I suspect we'll have the same huge UI, simply because despite it not being optimal for the PC, it still works accross multiple platforms, and that saves developer hours and money.  They're not so much relying on PC modders, as making a legitimate choice between time and money constraints.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 02:54:51 AM »

Also forgetting the fact that there are Xbox 360 controllers for the PC. So they could make the game work with that standard for those two platforms...

I look forward to playing this on my PS3, HEY Microsoft  finger still waiting on my system to get back almost 1 month later.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 04:58:33 AM »

Quote from: Tebunker on June 17, 2007, 02:54:51 AM

I look forward to playing this on my PS3, HEY Microsoft  finger still waiting on my system to get back almost 1 month later.

PC version with the mods FTW!

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 03:00:18 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 17, 2007, 04:58:33 AM

Absolutely and totally agreed. Mod support turned Oblivion (like Morrowind before it) into a MUCH different game. And a far better one than plain Oblivion. I fully expect Fallout to get the same treatment.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 03:09:34 PM »

Yeah this'll be a hard choice... I really, REALLY like gaming on my couch, but Oblivion was far better on my PC than it was on a console.

gellar
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 12:09:38 PM »

Exactly.  I will wait for mods to take out the more annoying features before playing.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 12:11:52 PM »

I will be getting the 360 version unless I have some sort of cash windfall to be able to build a new PC.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 02:37:18 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on June 19, 2007, 12:11:52 PM

I will be getting the 360 version unless I have some sort of cash windfall to be able to build a new PC.

oddly enough, given Bethesda's track record for delays, this will probably be coming out just as my next new PC buying cycle starts.  Sure, they say Fall 2008 but Oblivion was supposed to be a fall/winter game too....

Because I can,
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 03:15:58 PM »

Quote from: Beer Goggles on June 19, 2007, 12:09:38 PM

Exactly.  I will wait for mods to take out the more annoying features before playing.
Seems to be the way to go. The trailer wasn't really anything but a teaser, still for some reason I find myself really looking forward to it.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 03:23:46 PM »

What if it was designed only for the PC but had built in options for using the 360 pad?

Just something to think about.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 03:31:39 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on June 19, 2007, 03:23:46 PM

What if it was designed only for the PC but had built in options for using the 360 pad?

I wouldn't bet much money on them designing a UI to fit the 360 controller and then not releasing the game on the 360.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 03:36:49 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 19, 2007, 03:31:39 PM

I wouldn't bet much money on them designing a UI to fit the 360 controller and then not releasing the game on the 360.

You make a good point, but MS could be using the title (through influence) to bring back gaming to the PC.
I'm not saying this is definitely the case, just presenting another possible perception of the photo.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 05:01:50 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on June 19, 2007, 03:36:49 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on June 19, 2007, 03:31:39 PM

You make a good point, but MS could be using the title (through influence) to bring back gaming to the PC.
I'm not saying this is definitely the case, just presenting another possible perception of the photo.

Again, the Game Informer cover confirms that the game is coming to 360 and PS3 as well as the PC. 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 05:39:53 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on June 16, 2007, 07:53:19 PM

And here's to hoping that the PC version won't have the GIANT ASS UI that default Oblivion does. As much as I love Bethesda, I really don't want to wait for the modders to make a UI that doesn't stare you in the face every second of the game.

And to that I want to say NO, NO, NO please leave it large for the PC version. Or at least give the PC version the option to run the larger 360 UI.
Why? because I do all my PC gaming on a older Sony 34" tube HDTV and it gets very hard to read small text on it. PC Strategy games are more or less a no go for me and even the chat text in MMO's can be challenging. I really appreciate games where any text is large enough to be legible, as in most action and adventure games. I realize I'm in the minority but I suspect the numbers of people in my situation will increase rather than decrease, at least until very large PC LCD's are as affordable as HDTV's.

Needless to say I'm very pleased to hear this game will be available on the 360 as well as the PS3. FallOut was far too overlooked and ignored for its 1st 2 versions, it deserves the audience and exposure.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:32:21 PM by kronovan » Logged
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 07:44:08 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on June 19, 2007, 05:39:53 PM

Needless to say I'm very pleased to hear this game will be available on the 360 as well as the PS3. FallOut was far too overlooked and ignored for its 1st 2 versions, it deserves the audience and exposure.

It was so overlooked that you forgot that there were actually 4 Fallout games. Yeah, two of them stunk (Fallout Tactics and that PoS hack-and-slash game on the Xbox), but there were 2 more. biggrin

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 09:41:41 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on June 19, 2007, 07:44:08 PM

Quote from: kronovan on June 19, 2007, 05:39:53 PM

It was so overlooked that you forgot that there were actually 4 Fallout games. Yeah, two of them stunk (Fallout Tactics and that PoS hack-and-slash game on the Xbox), but there were 2 more. biggrin

Oh come now, those later 2 games don't count.  slywink
I was thinking along the lines of the 1st 2 RPG's which 3 appears to be a kin to. I actually enjoyed both Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel, but not nearly as much as the original 2 RPG's. I was more disappointed with Tactics only because I had higher expectations for it. Since I had no expectations for Brotherhood I ended up enjoying the lite hack'n'slash action-rpg it was.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:43:50 PM by kronovan » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: