http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 10:48:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallout 3 impressions thread  (Read 67942 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 24, 2009, 02:55:04 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 24, 2009, 01:55:39 PM

careful with this DLC.  In looking over the forums, it seems that a lot of folks are reporting that it's a buggy mess right now.   icon_eek

Well, that's not encouraging.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 24, 2009, 02:57:58 PM »

Apparently it's microsoft's fault.  Most of the posts on the official site seem to indicate that MS released a corrupt DLC package.  The PC players are reporting no issues, as far as I can tell.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 24, 2009, 02:58:47 PM »

Oops...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 24, 2009, 03:08:14 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 24, 2009, 02:00:09 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on March 24, 2009, 01:56:45 PM

Quote from: hepcat on March 24, 2009, 01:55:39 PM

careful with this DLC.  In looking over the forums, it seems that a lot of folks are reporting that it's a buggy mess right now.   icon_eek

HepC FTW!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 24, 2009, 03:37:25 PM »

Quote from: Bethblog.com
We are continuing to look into the issues people are experiencing with The Pitt for Xbox 360. As of now it looks like the file for the English version on Xbox Live was somehow corrupted. We are currently working with Microsoft to remove the existing file off of Live to prevent any further downloads. Our plan is to replace it with a new file as soon as possible. We hope to have another update for you shortly.

Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 24, 2009, 03:38:56 PM »

Microsoft is usually  very good about their QC process on these things. Wonder how that slipped through. At least it was caught quickly I guess.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 24, 2009, 03:51:53 PM »

Quote from: Octavious230 on March 24, 2009, 03:38:56 PM

Microsoft is usually  very good about their QC process on these things. Wonder how that slipped through. At least it was caught quickly I guess.

doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the actual QC process and the DLC was checked and found fine.  The problem was when someone inadvertantly corrupted the package when it was setup for download.  Could happen a million different ways. (of course I would think that they would have someone internally download it once it's available and test it before it's fully live)
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 24, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »

Welp, I'll hold off from D/L til it's fixed

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 24, 2009, 03:58:50 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 24, 2009, 03:51:53 PM

Quote from: Octavious230 on March 24, 2009, 03:38:56 PM

doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the actual QC process and the DLC was checked and found fine.  The problem was when someone inadvertantly corrupted the package when it was setup for download.  Could happen a million different ways. (of course I would think that they would have someone internally download it once it's available and test it before it's fully live)

Ya I would think one of the QC steps would be to try the download. When we do software releases at my office that's one of our steps. This was added to our steps because of this exact issue. Getting 1,000 phone calls from pissed off sales reps is not fun.  crybaby
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 24, 2009, 06:59:07 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on March 20, 2009, 12:00:40 AM

Quote from: kathode on March 19, 2009, 08:48:52 PM

I don't believe it was supposed to be up until next week.  Not sure where jztemple got his info from, but I haven't seen anyone on any other boards saying they got it, and Major Nelson hasn't posted anything.

I seemed to recall something from a month ago that they were targeting March 24th. I hadn't seen any mention of a delay, so I just assumed the DLC was still on that schedule. I guess if it comes out next Tuesday, that's still March...  slywink

Suddenly I feel a bit like Cassandra*, maybe my guess of March 31st (for the 360 edition) is going to be closer to the mark than others predicted!  Tongue

From Wikipedia:"In Greek mythology, Cassandra (Greek: Κασσάνδρα "she who entangles men") was the daughter of King Priam and Queen Hecuba of Troy. Her beauty caused Apollo to grant her the gift of prophecy. However, when she did not return his love, Apollo placed a curse on her so that no one would ever believe her predictions."

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: March 24, 2009, 10:11:47 PM »

Question:are there any new Achievements for this DLC?...this morning while the DLC was still up,i put the disc in expecting an update so i could look at the achievements(i am planning on getting all 3 DLC when the last one is out)..but no update

i also noticed that at the time the DLC had nearly been pushed of the front page(this was justa  few hours after The Pitt had been released) of Newly released DLC because of Rockband putting up 12 items,surely they,as in MS should just put up the Rock Band cover to let people know there is new stuff instead of it taking up all the page of new dlc additions(guitar hero and Lips are the same)

i looked again a few minutes ago,and thought Rock Band had pushed it off altogether,but i noticed that The Pitt was no longer available under Fallout 3s page..so i gathered something was wrong

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Wheelman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 24, 2009, 10:43:13 PM »

I've been annoyed by that when I was trying to find newly released DLCs. Actually, Didn't the pre-NXE marketplace have a seperate list for "music" DLC? I would think the other publishers would be pretty miffed that their stuff gets buried almost instantly.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 24, 2009, 11:27:45 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 24, 2009, 10:11:47 PM

Question:are there any new Achievements for this DLC?...this morning while the DLC was still up,i put the disc in expecting an update so i could look at the achievements(i am planning on getting all 3 DLC when the last one is out)..but no update

I can't swear to it, but I seem to remember someone mentioning when you entered "The Pitt" map area, it triggered the game update. When I got the DLC this morning the new quest showed up when I started, but there was no game update screen and restart.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 24, 2009, 11:42:17 PM »

Wheelman-yeah i'm annoyed at just looking at it all,the developers must be going apeshit,especially if it was exclusive to 360 DLC

JZ..ahh i see..damn i wish i was getting this DLC now,instead of waiting

i just checked a friends list while he was playing,although he hadnt got any of the achievements yet(not sure if he actually was able to get the DLC when it was up)..they were listed

4 achievements=100 points

Into The Pitt

Completed "Into The Pitt"

Unsafe Working Conditions

Completed "Unsafe Working Conditions"

Free Labor

Completed "Free Labor"

Mill Worker

Found All 100 Steel Ingots

i will be interested to know if the 100 Steel Ingots are around The Pitt area or scattered all over the wasteland

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 11:45:30 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 24, 2009, 11:46:40 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 24, 2009, 11:42:17 PM

i will be interested to know if the 100 Steel Ingots are around The Pitt area or scattered all over the wasteland

Just The Pitt area.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 25, 2009, 02:29:15 PM »

so it's a good thing that i wandered all over DC last night and never found the starting point for the pitt.  i did get the weird marker pointing up north however.  and seems like most everybody, i haven't gone far enough north yet. 

hey kathode, you think the fix will be done today? 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 25, 2009, 05:08:15 PM »

It should be back online this evening (EST). 
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 25, 2009, 06:30:28 PM »

It's up again!  See Major Nelson's site here if you've already downloaded it:

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/03/25/fallout-3-the-pitt-is-now-available-again.aspx
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 25, 2009, 06:37:04 PM »

Quote from: kathode on March 25, 2009, 06:30:28 PM

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/03/25/fallout-3-the-pitt-is-now-available-again.aspx

Hey, that link doesn't load!  What the *&#! are you guys up to now!   icon_lol

Anyway, tell everyone thanks for all the hard work.  We know it wasn't your guys fault.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 25, 2009, 08:22:04 PM »

Quote from: kathode on March 24, 2009, 11:46:40 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 24, 2009, 11:42:17 PM

Just The Pitt area.

nice,i am gonna go for that one,if it was the Wastelands i may of skipped it,it took me forever jsut to collect the 20 bobbleheads,LOL

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 25, 2009, 09:08:10 PM »

Quote from: kathode on March 25, 2009, 06:30:28 PM

Woohoo! Off to The Pitt...

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 25, 2009, 09:27:04 PM »

Is there any way to get the floating exclamation points back into the game?  I thought they were kind of cool... 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 25, 2009, 09:31:18 PM »

Okay, so - ANY word on PS3 getting anything at all at anytime? And I mean the DLC's of course...

I must admit, it feels...strange, to see both the PC and Xbox version getting DLC's and trophies and nothing for the PS3... My impressions are spiralling downward...

A new one
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 25, 2009, 11:58:38 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on March 25, 2009, 09:31:18 PM

Okay, so - ANY word on PS3 getting anything at all at anytime? And I mean the DLC's of course...

No word, sorry!
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 26, 2009, 06:54:03 AM »

Quote from: kathode on March 25, 2009, 11:58:38 PM

Quote from: Razgon on March 25, 2009, 09:31:18 PM

No word, sorry!

ok - thanks for the answer Kathode :-) Guess I'll have to get me an xbox instead soon :-)

A new one
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #825 on: March 26, 2009, 02:28:42 PM »

So, here's a thought - is the lack of DLC on the PS3 because of some exclusive deal with Microsoft, or is it because of this? The world may never know.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 26, 2009, 02:32:12 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 26, 2009, 02:28:42 PM

So, here's a thought - is the lack of DLC on the PS3 because of some exclusive deal with Microsoft, or is it because of this? The world may never know.

even if Kathode knew I'm sure he couldn't say, so why don't we stop bugging him about the PS3 DLC and start poking him about Elder Scrolls 5?  Tongue

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 26, 2009, 03:45:32 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 26, 2009, 02:32:12 PM

even if Kathode knew I'm sure he couldn't say, so why don't we stop bugging him about the PS3 DLC and start poking him about Elder Scrolls 5?  Tongue

i can't wait for Elder Scrolls 5,i loved Oblivion and liked Morrowind(until i ran into all sorts of problems on the xbox)

as for the DLC on PS3 there is a rumour that Bethesda had a little falling out with SONY over Oblivion GOTY(not sure what the actual falling out was) and that was a reason why they didnt put this DLC out on the PS3

i heard this on the PS3 forums,so you know it has to be true(!)

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 26, 2009, 03:48:33 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 26, 2009, 03:45:32 PM

i can't wait for Elder Scrolls 5,i loved Oblivion and liked Morrowind(until i ran into all sorts of problems on the xbox)

as for the DLC on PS3 there is a rumour that Bethesda had a little falling out with SONY over Oblivion GOTY(not sure what the actual falling out was) and that was a reason why they didnt put this DLC out on the PS3

i heard this on the PS3 forums,so you know it has to be true(!)

Yah, must be.  icon_lol

I'd be shocked if this was an actual Bethesda decision, but who knows any more. Always figured it was the whole 'Microsoft exclusive' thing.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 26, 2009, 04:03:03 PM »

hmm, I thought I'd been courtous in my asking, but if it seems otherwise, please let me know. I see no harm in my line of questioning, and I think/hope most here would agree that I'm pretty sensible and not being a jerk in tone nor content of my posts.

And I must admit, it does annoy me that there is no PS3 DLC, modding tools or trophies. I'd have gotten it for the PC if I knew what I know now.

But, I wont be the annoyingly loud uncle in this regard, so consider the matter closed from my side of

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 26, 2009, 04:08:03 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on March 26, 2009, 04:03:03 PM

hmm, I thought I'd been courtous in my asking, but if it seems otherwise, please let me know. I see no harm in my line of questioning, and I think/hope most here would agree that I'm pretty sensible and not being a jerk in tone nor content of my posts.

And I must admit, it does annoy me that there is no PS3 DLC, modding tools or trophies. I'd have gotten it for the PC if I knew what I know now.

But, I wont be the annoyingly loud uncle in this regard, so consider the matter closed from my side of

I wasn't trying to imply that you were being annoying, just that there were far more important things to bug kathode about than this silly game of his  icon_twisted

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 26, 2009, 04:09:33 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 26, 2009, 04:08:03 PM

I wasn't trying to imply that you were being annoying, just that there were far more important things to bug kathode about than this silly game of his  icon_twisted

Long day at work, sorry - a bit think-skinned right now I Guess, after re-reading my own post :-D

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 26, 2009, 04:10:52 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on March 26, 2009, 04:09:33 PM

Long day at work, sorry - a bit think-skinned right now I Guess, after re-reading my own post :-D

no worries  icon_biggrin

Because I can,
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 26, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »

Loung day at wourk, sourry - a bit thick-skinned right nouw I Guess, after re-reading my ouwn post :-D

Ran it through Danish spell-check for you as it seems you didn't have enough time.   icon_wink

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 26, 2009, 04:23:10 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on March 26, 2009, 04:18:38 PM

Loung day at wourk, sourry - a bit thick-skinned right nouw I Guess, after re-reading my ouwn post :-D

Ran it through Danish spell-check for you as it seems you didn't have enough time.   icon_wink

LOL!!!  icon_lol

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 26, 2009, 04:35:15 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on March 26, 2009, 04:23:10 PM

LOL!!!  icon_lol

don't you mean LOUL!!! ?

Because I can,
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 26, 2009, 04:38:50 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 26, 2009, 04:35:15 PM

Quote from: Razgon on March 26, 2009, 04:23:10 PM

LOL!!!  icon_lol

don't you mean LOUL!!! ?

I think we should contact the mods about changing his screen name to a more fitting, correct spelling.  "Razgoun."

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 26, 2009, 05:44:26 PM »

Eurogamer likes it!  We're bona fide! slywink

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fallout-3-the-pitt-review

They had the expected problems with the corrupted initial version, but liked it once they got in.  8/10  thumbsup
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 26, 2009, 06:07:04 PM »

Quote from: kathode on March 26, 2009, 05:44:26 PM

Eurogamer likes it!  We're bona fide! slywink

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fallout-3-the-pitt-review

They had the expected problems with the corrupted initial version, but liked it once they got in.  8/10  thumbsup

you weren't expecting/dreading anything else was you Kathode?

and a lot of posts i read a lot of people actually had good things to say for Bethesda for their 'quick to respond' attitude with the corrupted DLC(Kotaku,Eurogamer and CVG)..especially as it was mid GDC

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 26, 2009, 07:06:34 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 26, 2009, 04:10:52 PM

no worries  icon_biggrin

But... but... I had my pitchfork sharpened and my torches fully oil-soaked!  crybaby

Elder Scrolls 5 - go, go, go!   nod

PS, I really do love you Kathode - don't tell anyone though, okay?   icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: