http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 02:46:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallout 3-D  (Read 1169 times)
Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 13, 2004, 04:39:24 PM »

Soooo.  I'm sure everyone has seen the blurb on what engine Fallout 3 will be on (the new Elder scrolls engine).   So I'm assuming this means we've lost the isometric, turn-based style of Fallout...  Anyone know any more details?  OR maybe why/if this is a good thing?

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 06:42:06 PM »

Other than the little blurb in Game Informer stating that it would use technology from Elder Scrolls : Oblivion and be set in  a major US city, not much is known.  I would guess that it might be a System Shock 2/Deus Ex kind of FP RPG, since that seems to be a growing trend in the genre, with Vampire : Bloodlines, Bioshock, and Bioware's unannounced game all going this route.  

Troika is also working on a post-apoc RPG, and it looks like it will be isometric and real-time, although there might be a turn-based option.  There are posts about the game at No Mutants Allowed.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 08:22:39 PM »

If its 3D or set in 1 single city , well thats not Fallout and Ill have to skip it...on the other hand Troika's game engine is looking awsome..but I HATE Troika..they have great concepts but fail in making them.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: