http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 04:05:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallout 3 Collectors Edition...metal lunchbox!!!!!new items 5/19  (Read 7254 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2008, 12:56:30 AM »

Holy $hit!!! You get a Vault-Tec metal lunch box as the carry container for FO3 collectors edition..OMGOMGOMGOMG

Im sold! DING!

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/38027/Fallout-3-Metal-Lunchbox-with-Collectors-Edition

* Vault-Tec Lunch Box
    * The Making of Fallout 3 DVD
    * Hardcover The Art of Fallout 3 Book
    * Vault Boy Bobblehead
    * ...and of course the game itself

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 09:55:26 PM by Daehawk » Logged

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 02:47:31 AM »

I’m sold.   nod

When’s it coming out again?
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 03:17:06 AM »

(shakes head)

disgust

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 03:20:58 AM »

any word on where it will be sold?  i know Gamestop has preorders available, but i'd really like to avoid giving them any of my money if i have other options...just a matter of principle for me...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 04:51:29 AM »

I think Amazon had pre orders but not sure.

Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 03:52:49 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on April 12, 2008, 04:51:29 AM

I think Amazon had pre orders but not sure.
No price listed there yet (for this edition).
I own the first two games, but have never played them. Thus, I'm only marginally interested in Fallout 3. But I'm such a sucker for these cool Collectors Editions that I'll probably buy it anyway.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 01:27:56 PM »

Interested but not buying from Gamestop.
Goldchamp
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 03:54:55 PM »

From Evil Avatar

The PC version is $69.99 and the console versions are $79.99 each. GameStop lists the game as being released on October 7th and the CE is available for pre-order now!
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 04:14:16 PM »

Quote from: Giles Habibula on April 13, 2008, 03:52:49 AM

I own the first two games, but have never played them.

How is this possible? These are two of the most popular and talked about games among gamers. Are you just being a contrarian by never playing them because everyone else says how good they are?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
unbreakable
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 05:23:06 PM »

The first is definitely a must-play... but I'm not sure, the interface might feel a bit dated.

The second one... I've had trouble with.  The very beginning is so insanely hard that it really soured me on continuing the game, so I never did.  I know enough about games and books to know that the beginning isn't representative of the game as a whole, and yet after two attempts I still haven't gone past the starting area.  I always get pulled away by some other game.

BTW, the lunch box is pretty classy.  Maybe Bethesda will also start bringing back the cloth map in RPG games...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 05:36:39 PM by unbreakable » Logged
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 06:39:34 PM »

Quote from: Beer Goggles on April 13, 2008, 01:27:56 PM

Interested but not buying from Gamestop.

it's up on amazon now. just preordered it there myself.
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 06:42:42 PM »

It's kinda pricey given my interest level. So I'll probably just beat up some kid as he heads to the lunchroom and take his Fallout 3 lunchbox...

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 09:50:13 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on April 14, 2008, 04:14:16 PM

Quote from: Giles Habibula on April 13, 2008, 03:52:49 AM

I own the first two games, but have never played them.

How is this possible? These are two of the most popular and talked about games among gamers. Are you just being a contrarian by never playing them because everyone else says how good they are?
I've just never gotten around to it. I think I started the first game once, years ago, but being a newbie, I couldn't figure it out or something.

System Shock 2 is another.
I've still got it installed on one of my old computers, but never could figure out how to get past one of the early areas.

I've also heard great things about Planescape Torment, but I have no faith in my ability to play it, so I never did buy that one.

All those games intrigue the hell out of me though.
Maybe one rainy day, I'll sit down and take some time with them.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 02:26:43 AM »

Ok Giles put down that copy of The Sims Sweat'n to the Oldies and get back to those games man. All are great. GameFaqs has all the walkthroughs you'd need. smile

Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 03:45:45 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on April 15, 2008, 02:26:43 AM

Ok Giles put down that copy of The Sims Sweat'n to the Oldies and get back to those games man. All are great. GameFaqs has all the walkthroughs you'd need. smile
icon_smile
I may just do that.
I've played the Thief games and loved 'em to death, so you'd think SS2 would be a natural for me. But instead, I got flummoxed early on.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 09:42:45 PM »

I've never played the first two either.  Started the first one many times, but never got far into it.  The more time goes by, the more dated it looks, and the harder it is to get it to run on modern machines.  I still would like to try to play through the first two before the third comes out.

And on topic, that lunchbox does look cool.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 10:05:53 PM »

That rocks to an unholy degree. I never played the second one but the first one remains a shocker to me. I hated the turn based combat, but for some reason the RPG elements and nuclear landscape pulled me in completely. Here's my recollection of my Fallout 1 story which does contain a bit of spoilers for the three of you who never played it:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I remember my team of some other rogue guy, Dog Meat, and myself. We made an awesome team until late in the game when we came to a mutant town. The way things worked out during the fight was I was on the outside of a building, down the road a ways, and took out two mutants. I had Dog Meat fighting a third mutant, while Other Rogue Guy was in a building in front of me. His turned ended as he was in a hallway in front of an open window. A mutant I hadn't seen stepped out and used its flamethrower to incinerate the entire hallway, thus killing Other Rogue Guy (I swear I was attached to him at the time, but I honestly can't recall if he had a name). Reloading would have set me back several hours so I accepted his death as part of my character's story.

Dog Meat and I were in one of the vaults of the Brotherhood near the end game, and my turn ended. I looked and saw Dog Meat cut in half by a laserbeam in a doorway, and for some reason the way it worked was I had no other saves or turns left. Or something. Anyway, it was a bitter, hard death to accept. So much so for my character that at the end of the game when he's turned away from the Vault he's worked so hard to save, he whipped out his shotgun and blew the guy in half (whose back was to me). Having the extra carnage feature selected, it was a messy end to a gerat game and one that I honestly could not believe ended that way.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 10:13:02 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on April 15, 2008, 09:42:45 PM

...and the harder it is to get it to run on modern machines.  I still would like to try to play through the first two before the third comes out.

Actually Fallout 1 plays quite well on Vista. Well besides some funny colors sometimes, but if you alt tab a couple of times they go away. I hear you don't have that problem on XP. It does look bad full screen so I turned off scaleing so I have little box to play in, but it looks good.

2 has some music issues, but there is a fix for it.

I got the them for $20+ Tactics, through Overstock (GoGamer was sold out).
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 10:24:07 PM »

I'm making it my goal to finally go through both of these before Fallout 3 comes out.  I have $55 in Amazon gift certificates, and my plan right now is to order the PC collector's edition and the regular 360 version.  That way I have a version for mods, and a version to play on the big TV.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 07:18:42 AM »

Er, I know I keep asking this, I can't remember if it was answered, but is there going to be any sort of mod tools for Fallout 3?  I'm buying it either way, but it'd be cool to see what the FO3 mod community can do considering what they did for Oblivion.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 01:42:19 PM »

If I had to guess, I would say that Fallout will be just as moddable as Oblivion.
snoleopard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 07:59:58 PM »

Woot...updated my preorder today to the CE. I WANT that lunch box... nod

The quiet one.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 10:17:23 PM »

Quote from: Beer Goggles on April 16, 2008, 01:42:19 PM

If I had to guess, I would say that Fallout will be just as moddable as Oblivion.

A better question might be if it HAS to be modded to make it fun to play slywink

morlac00 on PSN
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 02:56:53 PM »

Quote from: morlac on April 17, 2008, 10:17:23 PM

A better question might be if it HAS to be modded to make it fun to play slywink

I am looking forward to all the mods.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 03:02:44 PM »

Quote from: Beer Goggles on April 18, 2008, 02:56:53 PM

I always do too with Oblivion, but then it gets to a point I am in now. I would love to play again, but the number of mods is so overwhelming I don't know where to start. Plus the scaling mobs is kind of turning me off.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 03:14:17 AM »

I ... must... have the Fallout bobblehead...  drool

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 11:08:53 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on April 15, 2008, 10:24:07 PM

I'm making it my goal to finally go through both of these before Fallout 3 comes out.  I have $55 in Amazon gift certificates, and my plan right now is to order the PC collector's edition and the regular 360 version.  That way I have a version for mods, and a version to play on the big TV.

Do what I do and use a 42" LCD monitor for your computer AND 360.  Then you 'save' money by not having to buy two copies of the game slywink
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2008, 11:09:48 AM »

Quote from: Lee on April 18, 2008, 03:02:44 PM

I always do too with Oblivion, but then it gets to a point I am in now. I would love to play again, but the number of mods is so overwhelming I don't know where to start. Plus the scaling mobs is kind of turning me off.

There is a mod to get rid of mob scaling.  I hated Oblivion until I used it.   Scaling mobs are BS slywink 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2008, 02:47:05 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 22, 2008, 11:09:48 AM

Quote from: Lee on April 18, 2008, 03:02:44 PM

There is a mod to get rid of mob scaling.  I hated Oblivion until I used it.   Scaling mobs are BS slywink 

see the other thread  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2008, 03:07:05 PM »

Quote from: Lee on April 15, 2008, 10:13:02 PM

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on April 15, 2008, 09:42:45 PM

...and the harder it is to get it to run on modern machines.  I still would like to try to play through the first two before the third comes out.

Actually Fallout 1 plays quite well on Vista. Well besides some funny colors sometimes, but if you alt tab a couple of times they go away. I hear you don't have that problem on XP. It does look bad full screen so I turned off scaleing so I have little box to play in, but it looks good.

2 has some music issues, but there is a fix for it.

I got the them for $20+ Tactics, through Overstock (GoGamer was sold out).

Ok, I actually meant to reinstall it on my new machine last night, but I forgot.  I am still running XP, but have a fairly modern machine (Dual core processor, 8800 GT).  Last time I tried to install it on my last machine, I had issues with the screen going black and having to "paint" it with the cursor.  Anyone know what causes that, and whether there's a fix?  Also, are there any mods/patches that I should be aware of?  I have the jewel box version of both games that I picked up, jeez, 7 or 8 years ago?

Fallout has the best intro of any game ever.  Unfortunately, I never make it much past there.

N00b hints/tips?  I'm sure we've had several threads on this before, but humor me.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 03:08:43 PM by IkeVandergraaf » Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2008, 03:28:31 PM »

I reinstalled F1/F2 recently and its definately going to be rough trying to play them on today's machines. My 24" Widescreen LCD doesn't really do justice to how good the 2d graphics were for the time.

One thing I did find however was a D3D Windower program that lets me run F1/F2/PST/X-Com/ect in a custom widowed resolution. Really helps deal with with stretching on a widescreen panel (since Nvidia's scaling drivers blow) and helps to hide some of the graphical flaws in the older games.

As an aside, I recently fired up FF7 (which was also released in 1997, same year as F1), and its interesting to see how well the 2d graphics hold up when compared to a 3d game (though the backgrounds in FF7 still look great).
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2008, 05:30:32 PM »

Quote from: madpeon on April 22, 2008, 03:28:31 PM

One thing I did find however was a D3D Windower program that lets me run F1/F2/PST/X-Com/ect in a custom widowed resolution. Really helps deal with with stretching on a widescreen panel (since Nvidia's scaling drivers blow) and helps to hide some of the graphical flaws in the older games.

If you have any problems with D3D (I heard there might be some issues) you can go in to the control panel for the card and tell it not so auto scale the image. You end up playing in a little box surrounded by black, but it works well.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2008, 05:41:53 PM »

I think the lunchbox packaging and the bobblehead are two of the collest CE items ever. Stardock could learn from them. I love Stardock games but their CEs are really nothing. I loved the story book guide and coin I got in my Oblivion CE too. The only 3 things a Fallout 3 CE should have is a BB gun, flamethrower, and grow your own zombie/super mutant kit. You'd have a random chance on a super mutant kit or a Harold zombie with bonus forehead tree kit. Chi chi chia.

Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2008, 07:11:11 PM »

Cool box but I don't think I want to pay the $20+ premium for it, though it would be a fun container to keep old manuals, etc in.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2008, 07:35:02 PM »

Quote from: Freezer-TPF- on April 22, 2008, 07:11:11 PM

Cool box but I don't think I want to pay the $20+ premium for it, though it would be a fun container to keep old manuals, etc in.
I've decided to do it: a) Looks cool and I'm a fan b) As Freezer-TPF points out we can keep stuff there (Fallout 1, 2, Tactics) c) 10 years or 20 years from now, some 33-year-old guy will say, "Ok, I'll pay 10,000 Quatloos for it "on Ebay 23.0

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2008, 07:41:45 PM »

Quote from: JohnathanStrange on April 22, 2008, 07:35:02 PM

Quote from: Freezer-TPF- on April 22, 2008, 07:11:11 PM

I've decided to do it: a) Looks cool and I'm a fan b) As Freezer-TPF points out we can keep stuff there (Fallout 1, 2, Tactics) c) 10 years or 20 years from now, some 33-year-old guy will say, "Ok, I'll pay 10,000 Quatloos for it "on Ebay 23.0

Good point on (c).  I really should be thinking about this as an investment.  I'll probably be more excited once I have a PC that will run the game well.  I wonder how realistic the 10/2008 release date is. icon_smile

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2008, 08:27:54 PM »

There's gotta be some monsters from Oblivion in the game as a sort of easter egg...  icon_wink
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 08:32:12 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on April 22, 2008, 08:27:54 PM

There's gotta be some monsters from Oblivion in the game as a sort of easter egg...  icon_wink

Cliff Racers! Wait, that was Morrowind.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2008, 10:35:44 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on April 22, 2008, 05:41:53 PM

Stardock could learn from them. I love Stardock games but their CEs are really nothing.

Stardock CEs cost $50, not $80.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2008, 11:10:56 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on April 22, 2008, 08:27:54 PM

Monsters with guns.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: