http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 11:23:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fable: No responses? You're all Rotten! Every last wunnayu!  (Read 966 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2005, 12:58:04 PM »

I'm about 2 hrs into it and have just receieve the trader guarding quest.  I am absolutely loving this game.  I have no expectations and once again paying no attention to hype has allowed me to come through the development cycle unscathed.  That said, questions:

1.  When you cast certain spells it gives you a +/- to alignment. What does that mean?
2. How do you tell which weapons you can wield?  It appears that I can buy any weapon but how do I tell if my strength is sufficient to wield it?
3. Some prices are red and others are green when I buy things. What does that mean?
4. How do you aim with bows, crossbows etc without zooming in?  Is it just the left trigger and fire?
5. I can't figure out how to link items to my D-pad for quick use.  Is it context sensitive (i.e., different items are linked for combat, normal walking around etc?)
6. When you get a girl to fall in love with you (I've thus far had 11), how do you, ahem, go to the next level or marry them?  I don't see a dialogue (expression option) that would let me bed the wench smile. Or is that an expression I don't have yet?
7. How does one take advantage of combat multipliers? Do they just increase the amount of experience you get when you kill something?  Or is there a process for taking advantage of it?
8. Finally, do experienc orbs disappear if you don't pick them up in a certain time?  I feel like I have to break off my attacks to round them up so that I don't lose any.

Thanks all!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 03:27:59 AM »

<sigh> no help for the helpless...<weeps>
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 03:28:58 AM »

Dude,
Put the game title in the thread subject and maybe we will have some idea what you are talking about?
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 03:31:51 AM »

I think he is talking about Fable.  But I'm not sure.  It sounds like it though.  Unfortunately I can't help him out, because I have recently purged all my memories or gameplay. in preparation for the PC release.

I believe I can help with the getting married part.  I think you need a house to live in, and a ring to present to the girl who is in love with you.  I think you have to actually give it to them, and it will act as a wedding proposal.

Oh yeah, I think I can also help with the orbs thing.  I think they do vanish, but it takes a bit.  So you should have enough time to waste a few guys and then still be able to collect them.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 04:17:38 AM »

Not that I know wth you are talking about lemme answer:

1. When you cast certain spells it gives you a +/- to alignment. What does that mean?

Some spells or actions are considered evil and some are good.  Hip Thrust Bad, flex good!  You'll catch on pretty quick.  You'll need a lot of air-humping to go evil so don't freak over one or two.  

2. How do you tell which weapons you can wield? It appears that I can buy any weapon but how do I tell if my strength is sufficient to wield it?

You can use any weapon in the game but I can't recall how to tell if you can use it.
4. How do you aim with bows, crossbows etc without zooming in? Is it just the left trigger and fire?

Yep, simple.
5. I can't figure out how to link items to my D-pad for quick use. Is it context sensitive (i.e., different items are linked for combat, normal walking around etc?)

This is a bit clunky.  If I recall correctly, go into the menu, hit a button to map it, then hit the action.  
6. When you get a girl to fall in love with you (I've thus far had 11), how do you, ahem, go to the next level or marry them? I don't see a dialogue (expression option) that would let me bed the wench Smile. Or is that an expression I don't have yet?
You'll need to get a house, ply them with gifts but keep it varied.  Don't go straight for the expensive stuff...go with chocolate, flowers, dead mice..er....rubies, etc. until they start bugging you about marriage.  The same goes for guys if you swing that way.  A girl or guy in every port...
7. How does one take advantage of combat multipliers? Do they just increase the amount of experience you get when you kill something? Or is there a process for taking advantage of it?

Practice.  There is one door you need over a 20 multiplier to get in.  Its absurd really.  You have to just keep your weapon moving and in contact with the enemy.  I believe there are upgrades you can get to bump your multiplier faster but the only point I found was the one door.

Sorry I'm not more helpful, its been a while.  I'm sure somebody has a more clear recollection than I.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 04:31:25 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Dude,
Put the game title in the thread subject and maybe we will have some idea what you are talking about?

Dude! Thread title had the name of the game for several days...er hours...minutes?

Like you didn't see it and ignore it until I called you out. It's ok. I absolve you of your guilt.

Cool
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 04:41:14 AM »

Quote from: "ATB"
Quote from: "Rage"
Dude,

Dude! Thread title had the name of the game for several days...er hours...minutes?

Like you didn't see it and ignore it until I called you out. It's ok. I absolve you of your guilt.

Cool

LOL-after I figured out it was Fable you still need the damned title ATB biggrin, I still couldn't help much because I got 2 hours into the game then put it away and have been waiting for the PC version to play it smile
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 05:02:23 AM »

You must edit your title and put Fable in it...titles have to have clear meaning.  If you don't change it, I will before I go to bed.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 07:45:02 AM »

"Dude! Thread title had the name of the game for several days...er hours...minutes?"
Did you consider that maybe it's just that noboby likes you? slywink

"5. I can't figure out how to link items to my D-pad for quick use. Is it context sensitive (i.e., different items are linked for combat, normal walking around etc?) "
This confused me, too.  I believe there's a context-senstive one that displays predetermined actions for the target, and also a user-defined one that you can map any action to.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: