http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 05:12:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fable II Impressions thread  (Read 42248 times)
Autistic Angel
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 14, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 14, 2009, 04:41:07 PM

Am I missing anything about the game map?  So far I've really been struggling to find my way around.  I've been able to identify buildings where I can purchase clothing, supplies, and weapons, and I can find where objectives are marked, but the map seems so small and everything looks really jumbled together.  Plus it doesn't seem to have areas labeled.  So how am I to know what area I'm in or how to identify areas I'd like to go without walking over to the actual section of the map where different areas meet (I think these locations are marked with an "x" on either end of the map).  I would kill for the ability to see the map a little more close-up, or to have areas or buildings marked.  So far all I've seen is the map on the menu screen, which has a very small scale with icons jumbled together due to so much area being shown at the same time.  Is there a secret to finding your way around Bowerstone and the surrounding areas?

Every part of Fable II's interface is buried three or four clicks deep, so if you want to drink a particular potion, you have to press Start, select "Items," select "Potions," and then scroll through the list to find the one you want.  I would recommend drinking all of your experience potions as soon as you buy them because repeating that process twenty or thirty times in a row gets tedious fast.

Navigation is similar: if you want to browse active sales, you press Start, go to "Quests," go to "Sales," and then select the shoppe you want to visit.  The glowy line will then lead you to the target location, and if you're in a different part of the world, it'll offer to auto-travel to the closest hub location like Bowerstone Square.  There's also a way to auto-travel to any map you've previously visited, but I forget what the process is...Start and "Locations," I think.

You will not find an interesting variety of regional goods to purchase and price differences are irrelevant when you have infinite gold to spend, so don't worry about needing to browse the inventory of every store you encounter.  If you want to look fat and evil, use healing items like Hollow Man Pies and Steaks; if you want to look thin and good, use Celery and Pears.  Neither choice matters.  Just check in with a Weapons Dealer every once in a while to equip whatever is helpfully marked "Best!" and you'll be able to slay every enemy in the game with all the effort of a discourteous word.

Otherwise, no: there is no functional mini-map or freeform waypoint marker that will lead you to a specific store or help you find the next owned / unowned property.  That basically boils down to looking for memorable landmarks and learning the towne layout.

-Autistic Angel
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 14, 2009, 07:57:41 PM »

I need to fire this up again to see how much gold I have waiting for my good character who owns everything  icon_biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 14, 2009, 08:03:27 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 14, 2009, 07:57:41 PM

I need to fire this up again to see how much gold I have waiting for my good character who owns everything  icon_biggrin

I've been buying on business and properties left and right, I've considered owning everything. Everyday seems to net me about 8k at this point when I log on to play.

Is there somewhere to buy new furniture?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 14, 2009, 08:06:52 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 14, 2009, 08:03:27 PM

I read somewhere that you can decorate your properties, but I'm not sure how or with what.  This would certainly be helpful to know.  Do you purchase things at general shops, or must you go to your property and access the scroll out front?  I have no idea.  I rented out my gypsy house, but I haven't purchased anything else yet.  And if I'm not mistaken, I think rent is set at $7.  I doubt my finances will be very fabulous until I branch out my investments.  While working as a blacksmith earned me a fair bit of money (especially while completing all five levels of promotion), I am sure there are better ways for me to make a few dollars without ruining my nails or fair skin.  Fabulous

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 14, 2009, 08:36:35 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 14, 2009, 08:03:27 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 14, 2009, 07:57:41 PM

I've been buying on business and properties left and right, I've considered owning everything. Everyday seems to net me about 8k at this point when I log on to play.

Yes: if you cross the bridge in Bowerstone with all the market stands walking towards the towne center, there's a furniture store on your right just after you step off the bridge.  I believe it has a placard with a recliner or a footstool on it.  There use to be a bug where its stock was never replenished, but that was supposedly fixed in an update some time ago.

If the astronomical sums of money you reap from rental properties is insufficient to...I don't know...coat every square inch of Albion with molten gold?...you can increase your income even further by visiting a property you own and entering "Redecorate Mode."  This allows you to walk up to shelves, beds, and chairs and install a more expensive decor from you inventory, sort of like furnishing a home in The Sims while a mewling child with an extremely runny nose is trying to wrestle the mouse out of your hand.

-Autistic Angel
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:38:23 PM by Autistic Angel » Logged
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: April 15, 2009, 03:27:21 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on April 14, 2009, 04:50:19 PM

Quote from: Eightball on April 14, 2009, 04:46:49 PM

Quote from: rickfc on April 14, 2009, 03:00:23 PM

There's a weight-loss potion in Kathode Island, and you may get it for free from the submarine pilot, IIRC.

Heh.  Kathode island.

icon_lol Is that the next FO3 DLC?

Knothole, or whatever the fuck it's called...   finger  Tongue

I'd like to go back and check out my gold stash...Last time I played I was amassing ~$14k gold every day cycle or whatever cycle the game uses for paying you royalties and such...I own every single piece of property and business in the game, and all my prices are marked up 25%.

Just out of curiosity, WTF does it mean when your character's got flies/moths flying around him?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 03:29:37 PM by rickfc » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 15, 2009, 03:29:24 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on April 15, 2009, 03:27:21 PM

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on April 14, 2009, 04:50:19 PM

Quote from: Eightball on April 14, 2009, 04:46:49 PM

Quote from: rickfc on April 14, 2009, 03:00:23 PM

There's a weight-loss potion in Kathode Island, and you may get it for free from the submarine pilot, IIRC.

Heh.  Kathode island.

icon_lol Is that the next FO3 DLC?

Knothole, or whatever the fuck it's called...   finger  Tongue

Whatever the Fuck It's Called Island quest pack, coming soon to a 360 near you  icon_twisted

Because I can,
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 15, 2009, 04:06:38 PM »

Just out of curiosity, WTF does it mean when your character's got flies/moths flying around him?

You smell like CeeKay? 

It may have something to do with your character being more corrupt than pure, given that you charge your tenants 25% increases regardless of market influences or property values.  I read somewhere that flies appear around corrupt characters, but many have said they're difficult to get rid of.  Some suggest traveling a bit, others have suggested doing tasks that will improve your purity.  Perhaps a dip in a nearby lake would do you some good.   icon_wink

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 15, 2009, 04:41:57 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 15, 2009, 04:06:38 PM

You smell like CeeKay? 

don't make me set my fly army on you!  Tongue

I don't remember getting flies at all with my evil character, maybe I didn't get him corrupt enough.

Because I can,
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 15, 2009, 04:50:13 PM »

I played for another three or four hours last night.  I sat down around 6 or 6:30 intending to play for about an hour, hoping to then head upstairs to do some light reading while waiting for Jaime to come home from watching American Idol with a friend, and instead I was still playing Fable 2 when she arrived home four hours later.  Fable 2 is one of those games that has that "just a little bit more" or "just one more thing" kind of feel.  Every time I would complete an objective or side quest I'd find one more thing of interest, like a random mine or cave, or an odd job to earn a little cash, or a new location I hadn't been before, or a demon door I had enough experience to open, or my dog would start barking because he found a treasure chest or an interesting place to dig.  

I love the "raise the dead" spell when battling enemies, although frying the group with lightning bolts has become somewhat of a hobby as well.  I'm not so enamored with the fireball spell, and the rest seem like Star Wars knock-offs, so I think raising the dead and electrocuting all nearby baddies will remain my primary spells.  I've already tattooed my character and found a new kick-ass magical hammer, so wreaking havoc on bandits who don't know who they're messing with has been a blast.  So far I've had no motivation to play anything else as I can't get enough of Fable 2.    

Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 15, 2009, 06:11:27 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 15, 2009, 04:50:13 PM

I'm not so enamored with the fireball spell, and the rest seem like Star Wars knock-offs, so I think raising the dead and electrocuting all nearby baddies will remain my primary spells.  I've already tattooed my character and found a new kick-ass magical hammer, so wreaking havoc on bandits who don't know who they're messing with has been a blast.  So far I've had no motivation to play anything else as I can't get enough of Fable 2.    

The fireball spell is kinda bleh as a direct damage, but if you charge it up as an area attack (Inferno?), it's ridiculously devastating.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 15, 2009, 08:46:26 PM »

I haven't been able to manage the use of more than one spell, any advice in this area? Any good combinations? I went with Force Push right off the bat, I thought about using time slowing spell to keep baddies off me long enough to charge the force push because I'm always getting hacked at while charging it up.

Sean Lama
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 15, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »

Doing a Tier 1 or 2 Time Slow is a good way to buy yourself some time to charge up a higher level spell, or unload with your ranged weapon.  Force Push is really, really weak to start with, but at higher tiers, you can release it as an area attack in a cluster of enemies to send them all flying.

-Autistic Angel
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 16, 2009, 12:16:31 AM »

Quote from: Eightball on April 15, 2009, 06:11:27 PM

I'm not so enamored with the fireball spell, and the rest seem like Star Wars knock-offs, so I think raising the dead and electrocuting all nearby baddies will remain my primary spells.  I've already tattooed my character and found a new kick-ass magical hammer, so wreaking havoc on bandits who don't know who they're messing with has been a blast.  So far I've had no motivation to play anything else as I can't get enough of Fable 2.    

The fireball spell is kinda bleh as a direct damage, but if you charge it up as an area attack (Inferno?), it's ridiculously devastating.

Inferno is awesome.  I had so much Will XP saved up from potions when I started the Crucible that I was able to pump it up to it's maximum level on the spot and breeze through it, albeit ending up with the blue glowing lines all over my character.

Because I can,
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 16, 2009, 02:54:40 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 16, 2009, 12:16:31 AM

Quote from: Eightball on April 15, 2009, 06:11:27 PM

Inferno is awesome.  I had so much Will XP saved up from potions when I started the Crucible that I was able to pump it up to it's maximum level on the spot and breeze through it, albeit ending up with the blue glowing lines all over my character.

In the first Fable I did my best to keep from using too much magic.  This time around I'm firing away with no restraint (except for in towns, although even then I'll occasionally tap "B" to exit out of something and instead raise the dead or shoot lightning - the residents seem a bit unsettled when that happens  ninja).  So far I've gotten my character tattooed, improved his physique and toughness, and continue to use my melee weapon as my primary method of attack.  Glowing blue lines will only continue to add to the badass look of my character.  Despite what any residents may thing. 

Wound up playing for another 3 or 4 hours last night.  Once I start I can't seem to stop.  I spent most of the night exploring and completing the Archaeologist quest.  Well, it may not be complete, as the voiceover said that she'd probably have more for me to do, but at the moment the three or so quests were all she had available.  I did have a  icon_eek moment with one of the demon doors last night:

Spoiler for Hiden:
As part of my travels I stumbled across a door that kept screaming for meat.  As a chicken walked by he yelled something about blood and feathers on his lips, and when an area resident walked up to me and went even more crazy.  I wasn't about to kill a random stranger, and I didn't have any meat in my inventory (although I kept getting an "error" message that you can only give gifts to people, not rock walls, so I doubt I could have given him a steak or something).  After getting frustrated I went back to my favorite pastime, kicking chickens.  It was something to pass the time and set me at ease after not being able to solve the demon door riddle.  With one chicken I managed to get a good bit of air and probably could have kicked a 50-yard fieldgoal, and I had inadvertantly kicked it right toward the demon door.  There was an explosion of feathers (and probably an explosion of flavor) and the door opened for me.   icon_eek  I then laughed pretty hard.

There are still a few closed paths so I'm somewhat limited in where I can travel.  And I've read too deep into the Archaeologist papers as "where the dead linger" or something along those lines made me think I had to find the walking dead, not the resting dead.  I traveled the countryside as far as I could go, all along "Bandit Road" to the "Bandit Hilton" but the doors were locked.  Out of frustration I raised the dead and heard someone inside yell, "What the hell?  I thought I killed you last week."  That was a funny bit of random dialogue. 

I'm actually disappointed that I won't be able to play for the next few days as I have pool league tonight and then I'm playing pool with a friend tomorrow, and we've got plans all weekend, so I don't know when I'll be able to play again.  And while I've never played through a game more than once to see how differently it plays when doing good deeds or evil, it is entirely likely that this could be the first time I give it a try and actually play as an evil character once I finish my current playthrough. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 03:14:02 PM by PeteRock » Logged

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 19, 2009, 02:06:26 AM »

Ok, Pete and others, you convinced me to pick up this game. I was a bit put off during "Childhood" but now I'm out in the world as an adult and exploring. Found my first condom, that ought to do me some good, I'm going to put it over the muzzle of my gun to keep out the dirt... that's what it's best for, right?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: April 19, 2009, 11:55:49 AM »

This game would interest me greatly IF you don't have to do ANY grinding.  I don't want to fish, buy houses, raise a family, play house, buy a business and run it, etc.  I just want to explore, go on missions, and over time become this bad ass who saves Albion from some malevolent evil. 

Can you do that?  Or is the game ALL about the mundane stuff?  I get enough mundane in real life I want none of it in my gaming.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 19, 2009, 01:57:58 PM »

Quote from: mikeg on April 19, 2009, 11:55:49 AM

This game would interest me greatly IF you don't have to do ANY grinding.  I don't want to fish, buy houses, raise a family, play house, buy a business and run it, etc.  I just want to explore, go on missions, and over time become this bad ass who saves Albion from some malevolent evil. 

Can you do that?  Or is the game ALL about the mundane stuff?  I get enough mundane in real life I want none of it in my gaming.

Early in the game, the best way to make money is to take a job as a blacksmith or woodcutter, and I believe that these would definitely qualify under your definition of mundane grinding.  This is completely optional, however, and if you'd prefer to make your money through bounty hunting or assassination missions, digging up buried treasure, or some other method, you can do that instead.

One of the early quests attempts to foist a spouse on you, at least if you want to play as a "Good" character, but you could either refuse to complete that particular sequence, choose the "Bad" resolution, or simply dump your spouse as soon as its over.

If you do decide to pick up Fable II, it's $10 off at Best Buy this week.

-Autistic Angel
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: April 19, 2009, 02:12:11 PM »

I saw it at Blockbuster for $24 the other day is why I even was considering it.  Thanks for the input.  Might check it out. 

I am Xboxalot on Live.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 20, 2009, 03:41:56 PM »

I haven't felt like any of the game has required any sort of grinding thus far.  While hunting for treasure doesn't really net you much cash, and even though you've said that you're not really interested in running businesses, after doing a few odd jobs (cutting wood, forming weapons, etc) I put together enough cash to purchase a few businesses and rental properties.  And after they were purchased, I went on my adventuring way.  Every few hours money appears in my bank account from my businesses and rental properties with no effort from me whatsoever.  It's like free money. 

In terms of your character's skill level, you earn experience points in battles with enemies, but you can also get experience points from potions and foods as well.  And never have I felt that my character was underpowered.  The game is fairly easy with minimal difficulty, but I think that is an endearing part of it as Albion is something to experience without having to deal with frustrating restarts and reloading checkpoints.  As ridiculous as it may sound, you can do whatever you want.  Would you like to slaughter an entire town?  Have at it.  Do you want to be a slum lord and charge high rent for garbage properties?  No problem.  Do you want to evict tennants for no reason?  Go right ahead.  Do you want to follow the path of a hero, saving the world from imminent doom?  There's an option for that as well.  And none of it requires grinding to level up your character or to earn cash.  I think that is what makes it so easy to lose hours and hours to this game.  Nothing feels like a chore. 

DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 20, 2009, 03:54:06 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 20, 2009, 03:41:56 PM

I haven't felt like any of the game has required any sort of grinding thus far.  While hunting for treasure doesn't really net you much cash, and even though you've said that you're not really interested in running businesses, after doing a few odd jobs (cutting wood, forming weapons, etc) I put together enough cash to purchase a few businesses and rental properties.  And after they were purchased, I went on my adventuring way.  Every few hours money appears in my bank account from my businesses and rental properties with no effort from me whatsoever.  It's like free money. 

In terms of your character's skill level, you earn experience points in battles with enemies, but you can also get experience points from potions and foods as well.  And never have I felt that my character was underpowered.  The game is fairly easy with minimal difficulty, but I think that is an endearing part of it as Albion is something to experience without having to deal with frustrating restarts and reloading checkpoints.  As ridiculous as it may sound, you can do whatever you want.  Would you like to slaughter an entire town?  Have at it.  Do you want to be a slum lord and charge high rent for garbage properties?  No problem.  Do you want to evict tennants for no reason?  Go right ahead.  Do you want to follow the path of a hero, saving the world from imminent doom?  There's an option for that as well.  And none of it requires grinding to level up your character or to earn cash.  I think that is what makes it so easy to lose hours and hours to this game.  Nothing feels like a chore. 

I agree with you. Many American/Canadian/EURO RPGs follow this philosophy whereas as Asian design revolves around grinding (Yes I am sure you can find examples that don't fit, but it pretty much describes the bulk of what is out there) There are pros and cons to each strategy and both can be equally fun if designed well. I really enjoyed both Fables, but I do agree that the challenge level was on the low side. The "Sleepy Hollow" world, story and charater interactions is what I enjoyed the most of the series.

BTW Pete, the money keeps rolling in even when you are not playing  icon_biggrin

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: April 20, 2009, 05:27:36 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on April 15, 2009, 09:24:00 PM

Doing a Tier 1 or 2 Time Slow is a good way to buy yourself some time to charge up a higher level spell, or unload with your ranged weapon.  Force Push is really, really weak to start with, but at higher tiers, you can release it as an area attack in a cluster of enemies to send them all flyingto their graves.

-Autistic Angel

FTFY. And +100000 to timeslow... trigger a lvl1 or 2, then move and trigger a lvl 4 push.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 20, 2009, 06:44:10 PM »

I'm still having trouble with that Westcliff Shooting Range.  Even after going through the crucible and shooting at bad guys instead of good guys, I'm only hitting a high score of around 155.  It's really tough to be precise with the "sticky" XBox 360 joystick.  Anyone have any suggestions on getting first place?
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 20, 2009, 07:14:47 PM »

Questions... is there a list of all the properties I own? And is there a way to get to a house I own (not rent) so I can sleep in it? Can they be displayed on the map?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 20, 2009, 07:48:51 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on April 20, 2009, 07:14:47 PM

Questions... is there a list of all the properties I own?

I don't think so.  The map system in general is rather useless.  I think the only indication you receive is a scroll above the sign at the actual property.  There may be a listing in the menu system, but I haven't seen anything.  You'll find that whenever you're near your home you'll probably find your wife (if you have one) milling about outside.  There are flowers in front of my house in Bowerstone and so I routinely find her tending to our "garden" when I return from adventuring. 

And is there a way to get to a house I own (not rent) so I can sleep in it?

Sure.  You can walk there.   icon_wink

The easiest way I've found to return home very quickly is to select "family" from my quest/map menu.  You are then given the option to fast-travel there.  But, in order to do that you must first have a family (a wife at minimum). 

Can they be displayed on the map?

I do not believe anything can be displayed on the map outside of default icons.  When you purchase a home you merely have to remember where it is, and so as in real life, the most important thing is location, location, location.   icon_wink

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: April 21, 2009, 12:58:45 AM »

Quote from: Fez on April 20, 2009, 06:44:10 PM

I'm still having trouble with that Westcliff Shooting Range.  Even after going through the crucible and shooting at bad guys instead of good guys, I'm only hitting a high score of around 155.  It's really tough to be precise with the "sticky" XBox 360 joystick.  Anyone have any suggestions on getting first place?

My best suggestion for that thing is to move on.  Give it up.  It is totally optional and once I got over not finishing something I was happy not to ever revisit that place again.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 21, 2009, 01:55:47 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 21, 2009, 12:58:45 AM

My best suggestion for that thing is to move on.  Give it up.  It is totally optional and once I got over not finishing something I was happy not to ever revisit that place again.

I very much concur with this suggestion
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 21, 2009, 02:38:47 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on April 21, 2009, 01:55:47 PM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 21, 2009, 12:58:45 AM

I very much concur with this suggestion

+1.  I tried it once and had no desire to try it again.  I don't think you get anything good from it anyways.

Because I can,
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 21, 2009, 04:43:36 PM »

I haven't found that section of the game yet.  I've logged a fair bit of time, but there are still a number of locked areas.  While I can understand areas being locked until later in the game, it drives me crazy when my exploring is limited by locked gates or raised bridges.  If I want to explore, I want to really explore, not just in areas purposely made available to me.  However, while the game feels a bit restricted right now, it looks like there will be plenty of new areas for me to explore in the future.  At first I didn't really feel like the world was very big, but as new areas are unlocked I'm finding there's a lot more I haven't seen yet. 

Still, that's a minor gripe compared to all of the fun I've been having.  When I logged in last night I was treated to $14,000+ in accrued revenue since the last time I played.  Soon I should have enough to buy my dream property in Bowerstone.  The local watering hole.   wasted 

Currently I've been using a magical hammer, but I'd really like to find a new bad-ass sword or some other melee weapon with a bit more speed.  Hopefully as lands open to me I'll find better weapons (all I've found so far are steel weapons and one magical hammer in a demon door, but I understand there's far more for me to discover).  But even now I seem to be able to rip the everloving hell out of anything in my path. 

Tonight is my wife's "girl's night" with a friend to watch Monday's Tivo'ed episode of Dancing With The Stars and tonight's American Idol, so I'll be left to get back to my adventuring in Albion.   icon_biggrin  Every so often she'll ask if I mind how busy her social life can be with Dancing With The Stars/American Idol on Tuesday nights, girl's happy hour on Thursday nights, get-togethers on Fridays, etc, worrying that I might get lonely.  Perhaps guys are wired differently than women, but how can I be lonely with an entire world to explore with my trusty dog by my side?   icon_wink

We spend time together Mondays, Wednesdays, when I get home from pool on Fridays, and at various points throughout the weekend, so I appreciate some alone time every so often to clean up around the house, get some gaming time in, or to watch movies my wife may not have much interest in.  And tonight I'll have a good three or four hours of alone time to continue with Fable 2. 

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: April 21, 2009, 05:04:36 PM »

In bowerstone when you head up the one path to the nice area in town, there is a fantastic house that gives you regeneration when you sleep in it. That there is my house. biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 22, 2009, 04:43:38 AM »

just logged in with my two characters after a couple of months.

the good one who I've finished the game with and owns everything got paid 1,783,300 gold.

the evil one who is about 1/3 of the way through and only owns 4 buildings got paid 29,200 gold.

Because I can,
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 22, 2009, 01:43:32 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 22, 2009, 04:43:38 AM

the good one who I've finished the game with and owns everything got paid 1,783,300 gold.

the evil one who is about 1/3 of the way through and only owns 4 buildings got paid 29,200 gold.

I have to check mine out soon...I haven't logged in in over 2 months and I own every single piece of real estate in Albion and Knothole Island...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 22, 2009, 02:27:55 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on April 22, 2009, 01:43:32 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 22, 2009, 04:43:38 AM

I have to check mine out soon...I haven't logged in in over 2 months and I own every single piece of real estate in Albion and Knothole Island...

depending on what you have your rents set at you could have a lot more.  my good character is a goody two shoes- she wears all white and a bunch of the rents are set to be lower than usual and some of the really cheap ones are set to be free.

Because I can,
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 22, 2009, 04:24:40 PM »

I find it very difficult to play this game as a good character.  So many of the npcs just "beg" to be punished.

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 22, 2009, 05:48:47 PM »

Quote from: Hotfreak on April 22, 2009, 04:24:40 PM

I find it very difficult to play this game as a good character.  So many of the npcs just "beg" to be punished.
Ah, good timing for my comment. Yesterday I played through the "Sister Hammer" quest and then went back to town and did some buying and impressing the citizens and... well, I was starting to get bored.

Then I got notification that my wife was *still* trying to divorce me. I had quit paying her support when I realized what a drag she was going to be to my career and she had been threatening divorce for quite a while. So I warped to the gypsy camp and as I arrived at the entrance she was walking out, saying something about never seeing me again. I realized she still had my ring and so I shot her. Didn't get the ring back, but did get the sheriff and his boys after me. So I killed them. And then everyone in the camp (except the kids, natch). And then when I left the camp I killed everyone I could find on the gypsy camp map.

I went back to Bowerstone and while I was completely evil, everyone still oo'ed and ah'ed over me, especially when I farted  Roll Eyes. Somehow I don't think this is how things should be.

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 22, 2009, 06:50:42 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on April 22, 2009, 05:48:47 PM

I went back to Bowerstone and while I was completely evil, everyone still oo'ed and ah'ed over me, especially when I farted.  Roll Eyes

Much like in real life.  slywink

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 22, 2009, 06:54:43 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on April 22, 2009, 05:48:47 PM

Quote from: Hotfreak on April 22, 2009, 04:24:40 PM

I went back to Bowerstone and while I was completely evil, everyone still oo'ed and ah'ed over me, especially when I farted  Roll Eyes. Somehow I don't think this is how things should be.

This pretty much sums up how broken the social system is. Exploring the social system is fun until you realize this, then you decide to stick to main/sidequests to see the story out and move on.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:56:21 PM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 23, 2009, 01:49:50 PM »

I fired up the game this morning, and I was awarded $1.8 mil...I'm about 2 mil short of 10...I went around and killed everyone I could find...I had horns and green skin the span of 5 minutes.  I had my hero running around in his underwear and sunglasses laying waste to the towns...it was good, clean fun...
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 29, 2009, 03:04:57 PM »

I can't recall, but didn't a lot of people dislike The Crucible quest?  I went in expecting it to be frustrating, but outside of not getting a perfect on two of the 8 rooms, I breezed through with minimal problems, outside of...

Spoiler for Hiden:
...shooting that last bug on the back of the final troll's arm.   disgust  He kept turning as I tried to get behind him and he'd move his arm always at the most inopportune moment (at least for me).  It was just an irritating bout of running in circles.

Prior to beginning The Crucible quest I did every possible side quest I could find, and I spent a great deal of time exploring the world (at least the areas open to me).  I'd guzzle any will, skill, or strength potion I could find, and I never quick-traveled, always instead fighting my way through the countryside to earn more experience points.  I didn't mind The Crucible as I ripped the everloving hell out of everything in each room.

When I finished it I started doing some of the new jobs and quests available, such as Bounty Hunter, saving slaves, donating to the Temple of the Light, saving the Temple's water source, etc.  I still have that "just one more quest" problem and didn't head to bed until after 11.  I think I'm earning about $1500 each time money is deposited into my account, so I need to invest in more properties.  I have around $125,000 in gold so I'm going to have to purchase a few properties and then wait for my revenue to grow before investing more.  And for some odd reason this sounds fun to me.   retard

It's been a while since I played a game that didn't eventually make me want to take a break for a bit and try something else.  But so far Fable 2 still has me wanting to come back and continue to explore and I have yet to put anything else in my 360.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 29, 2009, 03:36:57 PM »

I found the Crucible to be quite easy with the maxxed out Inferno spell.  I missed the time on 2 of the rooms too, one due to the enemies being to spread out and then the final fight due to the issues you mentioned.

I'm hoping the new DLC is out soon as I'm really curious to see how it deals with the future of the Fable series.  the way I keep hearing rumblings it wouldn't surprise me to see Fable 3 announced at E3 with a release date of Fall 2010.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: