http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 08:37:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fable II Impressions thread  (Read 42356 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 01, 2008, 08:20:47 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 01, 2008, 08:16:04 PM

master clockwork rifle, so i have no worries there.  i think my biggest problem is i always end up aiming manually after forming the habit throughout the later part of the game. 

please tell me that this is the last of this kind of switch.  otherwise it looks like more of a slog than i want at this point.

IIRC it's the last one I've encountered, although I haven't done much in the game since I moved my family into the castle. I'd love there to be more quests that are that extensive, but until the DLC comes I doubt there is any. slywink
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 02, 2008, 02:23:54 AM »

Quote from: Caine on December 01, 2008, 07:55:32 PM

got past that one just fine.  the one i am referring to is like this.

()    ()    ()    ()

i can hit the first one with a fully charged magic fireball aoe, then get the first two ranged by standing in front of the pillar between 1 and 2, but that last yellow just manages to reset before i can aim at it. 

that one almost ended with the controller being tossed out the window.  IIRC that is the last switch like that.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 02, 2008, 07:06:09 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2008, 02:23:54 AM

Quote from: Caine on December 01, 2008, 07:55:32 PM

got past that one just fine.  the one i am referring to is like this.

()    ()    ()    ()

i can hit the first one with a fully charged magic fireball aoe, then get the first two ranged by standing in front of the pillar between 1 and 2, but that last yellow just manages to reset before i can aim at it. 

that one almost ended with the controller being tossed out the window.  IIRC that is the last switch like that.

I do remember that one, which is an oddity in itself, lol.  For some strange reason, I was able to manage this without a controller-tossing moment.  Normally I stink at this type of maneuver, but it only took me a "reasonable" number of tries.  Let's just say more than one... umm, fewer than twenty!  Roll Eyes

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 04, 2009, 09:28:05 PM »

Bumpity... for a friend who may be checking out GT, and is playing Fable 2. 

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 04, 2009, 10:14:08 PM »

Has anyone downloaded Knothole Island?  I already got through the 3 quests last night and was wondering if there was anything else to do there except collect items?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 05, 2009, 12:56:27 AM »

Quote from: rickfc on February 04, 2009, 10:14:08 PM

Has anyone downloaded Knothole Island?  I already got through the 3 quests last night and was wondering if there was anything else to do there except collect items?

I think that was about it.  I downloaded it but never got around to finishing the second and third part of the quest.

Because I can,
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 05, 2009, 01:04:27 AM »

I started playing this last week after growing bored with Fallout 3, and I love it. It's oozing humor and charm and it's full of lots of different fun things to do. I appear to already be far along the main quest so I have been diverting myself with side quests and attempts to make money. I tried out Fable 1 on the PC and never got into it, but this is much better. I can see why people were praising this so highly last year.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 05, 2009, 02:50:27 AM »

Simply an awesome game.  I just finished it.  My character is good natured, but it would be a little interesting to see if he made opposite choices.  However, the only thing that I didn't like, is all the back and forth between places.  It was a little repetitious and linear, and I don't really want to do all that again.

The humor and dialogue in this game is simply awesome, and it oozes with style.   I never finished the original fable, but this one had me glued to it since Christmas.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 05, 2009, 06:31:27 AM »

Hmm good bump. took advantage of CC's 20% and a gift card and got fable yesterday. Only a couple hours in, most of which has been spent playing that first pub game. I think I figured out a few strategies for betting, but if anyone has some pointers that would be swell. did the blacksmith job for some fast easy cash and upgraded some weapons, bought some ridiculous clothes which are hilarious.

So far this seems to have exceeded fable 1 in every way. paths seem less on rails as well, which was a major disappointment in the original.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 05, 2009, 07:43:57 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on February 05, 2009, 06:31:27 AM

Hmm good bump. took advantage of CC's 20% and a gift card and got fable yesterday. Only a couple hours in, most of which has been spent playing that first pub game. I think I figured out a few strategies for betting, but if anyone has some pointers that would be swell. did the blacksmith job for some fast easy cash and upgraded some weapons, bought some ridiculous clothes which are hilarious.

So far this seems to have exceeded fable 1 in every way. paths seem less on rails as well, which was a major disappointment in the original.

Probably a little more into the game and Knothole Island DLC would be perfect for you, jersoc.  It's a little too easy for players who already finished the game and probably too difficult if you're just starting out.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 05, 2009, 03:39:44 AM »

So far I am loving Fable 2 with the exception of The Crucible mission. I didn't read through all the impressions so I have to ask, did anyone else hate this mission as much as I did? It shed all kinds of light on how poor the combat system can become.

I've done most of the sidequests and have up-to-date equipment so I can't imagine simply being undergeared or too low a level.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 05, 2009, 06:45:06 AM »

yeah the Crucible was a bit of a ballache

i liked the game,but it needed more,the game world was outstanding and the way you could 'see' other players was great,kinda like a MMO,but the story was way too short,especially childhood that was over in like 20 minutes,its obvious that all that time since the first one was spent on the gameworld and the dog(yes i loved the dog)

i have been tempted to buy this again so i can get the Knothole island thing,especially as there is meant to be more DLC in the next few weeks

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 05, 2009, 09:56:48 AM »

The Crucible was easy with a maxxed out Inferno.

Because I can,
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 06, 2009, 12:29:24 AM »

Like all other lionhead games since bw1 it feels like a game that could have been great but ended up being average. The worst part about it was that there was no challenge at all. Still enjoyed it quite a bit but with a bitter taste in my mouth that it could have been so much better.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 13, 2009, 04:28:06 PM »

As I try to work my way through my existing backlog before starting something new, I've been trying to finish Bioshock, but I can only take it in small doses.  I needed a change of scenery, so I loaded up Far Cry 2.  I hadn't opened it since receiving it for Christmas and I thought it would be a nice change of pace, plus the African setting really intrigued me.  I've tried playing a handful of times and as hard as I try to really like it, it's just another shooter.  Yes, it's in a new setting, with new weapons, and new storylines, but it's still an FPS with many of the frustrations and gameplay elements that cause me to lose interest in other FPS games. 

On Sunday I started thinking about what I was doing to myself.  I have been forcing myself not to start new games like Fallout 3, Fable 2, Gears of War 2, until I finish older games I have in various stages of completion.  But, I already own all of these games, and if it's not fun for me to force myself to play certain games, why shouldn't I play something else in my collection?  So I decided that it was about time for me to take the plastic wrap off of Fable 2 and give it a try.  I've tried to force myself to enjoy Far Cry 2, giving it numerous chances, but I'm just not into it right now.  It's a great game, but just not what I'm looking for at the moment.  Do you guys ever find yourself staring at your gaming shelf, looking through 20, 30, even 40 titles, but never finding anything you actually want to play?  I've had that feeling lately, and I need something to pull me out of my gaming slump.  Lately I've preferred heading to the pool hall to play a real-life game rather than play a video game.  I think part of the problem has been playing games out of obligation, hoping to work through my backlog.  It's not working.

In comes Fable 2.  So far it has been everything I've needed to snap me out of my gaming slump.  Lately I haven't been able to play a game for more than an hour or so.  I just lose interest.  Or, I stare at my gaming library and never find anything I want to play.  And I can go a week or more without even turning on my 360.  Yesterday I loaded up Fable 2 and before I even knew what happened it was 12:30am and well past when I usually go to sleep.  I can't tell you the last time I stayed up too late playing a game.  Probably one of our old Friday Night Geezers Gone Wild sessions.  And last night I just couldn't stop playing.  I knew it was getting later and later and I still couldn't turn the game off.  The weirdest part is.......I can't tell you exactly why. 

The beginning is sloooooooooooooow.  So slow in fact that I'd start a dialogue chain and find myself screaming at the TV for someone to F-ing say something.  The pauses between dialogue elements were excruciating.  Your sister would say something, and then 10 seconds would pass before someone would respond.  I thought I was going to have a stroke.  I'm all for leisurely games, but F-ing respond to me when I'm talking to you!  But, that still wasn't enough to dissuade me from continuing.  I worked my way through the game's introduction and found myself at Bowerstone's castle.  And then........... icon_eek

Fast-forward to adulthood and I find myself in a gypsy camp with my trusty dog and the world at my fingertips.  I was like a damn bird, "Oooh, something shiny.  Oooh, something shiny.  Oooh, something shiny."  I couldn't stay on a single road, and my dog certainly didn't help, either, always pointing me toward treasure chests, places to dig, or I'd see bubbles in the water and have to explore.  It was awesome, and I hadn't even really done anything yet.  Sure, the combat is rudimentary, the game doesn't seem to allow you to die, interactions are fairly basic and a bit unclear at the start, and the map is bloody terrible (I'm so used to detailed maps like in Oblivion, and this one is too small to even read let alone use to find anything of interest).  But, the storyline is fantastic, the world truly feels alive (I have yet to grow tired of the town crier announcing things like, "ALL SHOPS ARE CLOSED.........THE TIME IS...REALLY LATE.......THE TIME IS...REALLY EARLY"), the combat is simple but fun, the imagery is extremely stylized, the cutscenes are gorgeous, and there is just something about this game that keeps me from putting it down.  I got my first job working as a Blacksmith and I already completed the five stages of employment.  I love the comments people make.  I enjoy the game's conversations and love not only interacting with people but just hearing what they're talking about with others.  Every time my dog barks and frantically look around to see what he's up to, and when he finds me treasure or a special place to dig I reward him with a pat on the head or a game of fetch.  Yes, I know it's only a videogame dog, and yet that says something about the game, that I would actually want to take the time to play games with a videogame dog because he did something to help me.  But it's true.

I've done one quest in the game.  I took out a band of bandits.  That's it.  The rest of my 5+ hours of gaming were spent exploring, finding treasure, digging holes, swimming, diving for treasure, interacting with people, working odd jobs, playing with my dog, purchasing clothing, shopping for weapons, etc.  And even after noticing that it was way past my bedtime, I kept playing.  I kept exploring, working as a blacksmith, following my dog to buried treasure, etc. 

I've grown tired of Bioshock.  Again.  I can't seem to really get into Far Cry 2.  I've been stuck in GTA IV with a frustrating mission and the thought of going back to it hasn't been appealing.  I haven't felt like playing Gears of War 2.  I haven't even been interested in trying the World at War SP campaign.  I've just been in a gaming slump and haven't really been interested in anything.

Fable 2 has gotten me out of that slump.  I'm sitting here thinking about the game.  I can't wait to try my next quest, explore more of the countryside, find my first monster (all I've found so far are beetles and bandits).  I want to see what other jobs are available.  I want to teach my dog more tricks.  I want to listen to more conversations.  I want to see where the story goes. 

Fable 2 has been what I've been looking for.  As simple a game as it is, there is something about it that keeps me wanting more.  And somehow it all works together to make for a fantastic gaming experience. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 13, 2009, 04:33:08 PM »

Crap, now I want to play Fable 2  slywink.

I understand there is DLC for this game. Worth getting for my first play-through or just something I might want to invest in later on?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 13, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on April 13, 2009, 04:33:08 PM

I understand there is DLC for this game. Worth getting for my first play-through or just something I might want to invest in later on?

Because of 1 specific feature in the Knothole Island DLC, I'd say it's really designed to be played after you've completed the game. I have to say I wasn't too impressed with it, but that might just be a personal thing and my nephew who I played through it co-op with loved it.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 13, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on April 13, 2009, 04:33:08 PM

That's funny, because your descriptions are what have made me want to play Far Cry 2.  I just can't seem to get into it at the moment.  Someday it may click, but right now I think I just need a break from first-person shooters.  I'm a bit burned out. 

Fable 2 is just what I've needed.

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 13, 2009, 06:38:08 PM »

Pete, it sounds like you are into the sandbox aspect of the game which I'm enjoying as well. I don't think Fable 2 is a particularly great game, but it does a lot of little things right which makes me willing to take my time and savor the aspects of the gameplay outside of completing the main quest. The only thing I haven't quite been able to get over is the framerate, which is consistently between "any slower and I wouldn't play this" and smooth. 

Sean Lama
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 13, 2009, 08:10:33 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 13, 2009, 06:38:08 PM

Pete, it sounds like you are into the sandbox aspect of the game which I'm enjoying as well. I don't think Fable 2 is a particularly great game, but it does a lot of little things right which makes me willing to take my time and savor the aspects of the gameplay outside of completing the main quest. The only thing I haven't quite been able to get over is the framerate, which is consistently between "any slower and I wouldn't play this" and smooth. 

I'm certainly enjoying the sandbox aspects, but I think part of the reason is because the original Fable was very linear.  In Fable 2 I not only get a similar, stylized setting but I am also now free to do as I please.  While I could make my own decisions in the original, I still didn't feel quite as free as I do in Fable 2.  But it's more than just being able to do as I please.  I also appreciate the dialogue, the atmosphere, the music, the imagery, the characters, the the accents.  It all comes together to make a truly unique universe. 

But, I am certainly not blind to the game's problems.  Loading times are terribly long.  Anytime you leave an area it takes a fair bit of time to load up the next area.  And if you inadvertantly back up or turn around and walk back through the loading area you have to sit through it again.  The framerate is also a problem, but I guess I remember that from the original game and so I had an idea that it would be a recurring problem in the sequel.  Where I think this game excells is that it manages to have such redeeming qualities that gamers are actually willing to look beyond the simple control scheme, the limited leveling system, and the various framerate and loading issues.  Because underneath all of that there is a very compelling and rewarding experience.  Plus, while I am a dog person, I scoffed at the idea of really giving a crap about a videogame dog.  And yet here I am playing fetch with my videogame dog for fear of him feeling neglected, or rewarding him for finding treasure as I feel he's earned it.  I don't think I could have ever come up with an idea for how developers could make gamers care about a virtual dog, but somehow they've done it.

The game is simple to play (especially for veteran gamers), the leveling system is rudimentary at best, there are load time and framerate problems, the map system is unclear, dialogue sometimes takes too long to develop (you're left standing there, looking at a person, wondering if they have something to say, and only after you start to walk away they decide it's now a good time to respond), and yet with all of that said I can't stop playing.  I can't remember the last time I sat down to play a game and simply sat back and smiled.  That level of happiness is rare in gaming, as you're either gritting your teeth while fighting through a tense battle, or swearing at your opponents in online MP, or cursing having to replay areas due to a poor checkpoint system, etc.  Fable 2 goes back to the basics of gaming.  It's simply great fun.  So much so that I can only sit back and smile whenever I'm playing, because it may not challenge my FPS reflexes or Madden playcalling, but it does simply make me happy to play.     

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 13, 2009, 08:26:32 PM »

My Fable 2 character started out fairly noble, started to go a little bit evil, and then took one mission that took him all the way to the evil end of the spectrum, and I just figured "Well, if you're gonna be evil, may as well be the evilest!" So I started courting and marrying women with the express purpose of sacrificing them at the Temple.  It was especially hilarious when I started hearing random folks in town commenting on it.  Then I accidentally got really fat and it took forever to find enough celery to get thin again.

My GF found it strange how unapologetically evil I wound up being.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 13, 2009, 09:49:25 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on April 13, 2009, 08:26:32 PM

Then I accidentally got really fat and it took forever to find enough celery to get thin again.

This damn near singelhandedly ruined Fable II for me.  I spent the first 5'ish hours eating terribly and my character got fat.  I spent the remaining 15 hours eating nothing but celery, and never got any thinner.  I got absolutely sick of watching the ass of Sir Fattypants, and it completely eliminated the sense of badassedness I should have felt with a mid to end-game character.

I know it's a stupid little thing, but it really, really bugged me.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 13, 2009, 09:53:50 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 13, 2009, 09:49:25 PM

Then I accidentally got really fat and it took forever to find enough celery to get thin again.

This damn near singelhandedly ruined Fable II for me.  I spent the first 5'ish hours eating terribly and my character got fat.  I spent the remaining 15 hours eating nothing but celery, and never got any thinner.  I got absolutely sick of watching the ass of Sir Fattypants, and it completely eliminated the sense of badassedness I should have felt with a mid to end-game character.

Do potions make you fat as well?  Or are they like the light beer of fantasyland, improving your health and mental disposition without all of the unnecessary calories?  After all, the fabulous PeteRock can't have a fat, out-of-shape videogame character.  I'll starve my character and only use health potions if it means maintaining my girlish figure.  Fabulous

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 13, 2009, 10:02:01 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 13, 2009, 09:53:50 PM

Quote from: Gratch on April 13, 2009, 09:49:25 PM

Do potions make you fat as well?  Or are they like the light beer of fantasyland, improving your health and mental disposition without all of the unnecessary calories?  After all, the fabulous PeteRock can't have a fat, out-of-shape videogame character.  I'll starve my character and only use health potions if it means maintaining my girlish figure.  Fabulous

I'm pretty sure potions are OK, but it's been a while since I played.  Just make sure you never, ever, ever eat anything that has a "+ fat" modifier, or you'll regret it.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 13, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »

Everything you can eat/drink has a fat percentage. All drinks, including potions, seem safe. Most foods are a no-go for me. I was given a potion after I downloaded the extra content that reduces fat by 20%, otherwise I haven't seen those potions elsewhere.

But yeah, getting fat is way too easy and it annoys me too.

Sean Lama
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 13, 2009, 10:52:56 PM »

The celery will reduce your fat, it just takes a long time, and the results are so incrementally small that you won't see a visible difference for quite a while unless you compare before/after screenshots.  I did eventually get down to no fat, but it took a long time.  A lot of that was because celery is only available occasionally, and in small quantities, so finding enough to get you thin takes forever.  It, of course, is realistic in that it's way easier to get fat than to get thin.  I think the DLC added an "instant thin" potion or something like that.

Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 13, 2009, 10:55:45 PM »

My Hot Evil Chick (Perfect Evilness and purity, focus on ranged combat) never has a problem.  Of course, she almost never eats anything other than carrots/celery/water/dead baby chicks anyhow.

I'm thinking I might go Kruppe (total fatass, total focus on magic, more or less morally good) next.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 14, 2009, 12:09:20 AM »

Some players make the mistake of putting too much XP into Physique, which beefs your character up so much that it can make him/her actually look fat. If you then compound that by eating fatty foods, you get 1 chunky character that never seems to slim down. If you want an attractive looking character I personally don't recommend taking more than 1 level of physique. slywink
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 14, 2009, 12:26:22 AM »

wouldnt mind playing this game again

one thing i did notice about my character(apart from becoming a blimp)was how many facial scars he picked up,even though i was going for a good character,because of his scars he looked evil as hell..i was suprised i was able to take those 3 gypsies to bed at the same time icon_biggrin

getting into a lot of heavy fights and you pretty much cant avoid the scars,unless you dont get hit i suppose

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 14, 2009, 06:23:10 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on April 14, 2009, 12:09:20 AM

Some players make the mistake of putting too much XP into Physique, which beefs your character up so much that it can make him/her actually look fat. If you then compound that by eating fatty foods, you get 1 chunky character that never seems to slim down. If you want an attractive looking character I personally don't recommend taking more than 1 level of physique. slywink

i did that. it makes the chicks ugly as hell. of course the game was yawn fest so ditching those points made it slighty more challenging. i almost had to use some pots a few times!

note:yawn fest refers to terms of difficulty. it was laughable easy. i'm not one for ridiculous hard games(thought i do play SMT series) but dear god. put some challenge in please.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: April 14, 2009, 01:07:14 PM »

Yeah-I'm not sure that word means what you think it means.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: April 14, 2009, 02:11:31 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 14, 2009, 12:26:22 AM

getting into a lot of heavy fights and you pretty much cant avoid the scars,unless you dont get hit i suppose

I thought the scars were based on how many times you died without having a resurrection potion handy (which was exactly zero for me).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 14, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on April 14, 2009, 02:11:31 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 14, 2009, 12:26:22 AM

I thought the scars were based on how many times you died without having a resurrection potion handy (which was exactly zero for me).

could be,i had no idea,it was only when i tilted the camera to see my good looks that i saw all the scars,but i could of sworn i saw a new one appear after that when i got into a heavy fight

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 14, 2009, 03:00:23 PM »

There's a weight-loss potion in Kathode Island, and you may get it for free from the submarine pilot, IIRC.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 14, 2009, 04:41:07 PM »

Woot!  The wife has plans to go to a friend's house tonight to watch last night's Dancing With The Stars on Tivo and tonight's American Idol, so that means I don't have to watch, leaving the evening open for Fable 2.   icon_biggrin

It has been a long while since a game had me this excited to play again.  I'm anxious to explore a bit more as all I've seen so far has only been the gypsy camp, a few small areas of Bowerstone, and some of the local roads, but not much else. 

Am I missing anything about the game map?  So far I've really been struggling to find my way around.  I've been able to identify buildings where I can purchase clothing, supplies, and weapons, and I can find where objectives are marked, but the map seems so small and everything looks really jumbled together.  Plus it doesn't seem to have areas labeled.  So how am I to know what area I'm in or how to identify areas I'd like to go without walking over to the actual section of the map where different areas meet (I think these locations are marked with an "x" on either end of the map).  I would kill for the ability to see the map a little more close-up, or to have areas or buildings marked.  So far all I've seen is the map on the menu screen, which has a very small scale with icons jumbled together due to so much area being shown at the same time.  Is there a secret to finding your way around Bowerstone and the surrounding areas?

Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 14, 2009, 04:46:49 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on April 14, 2009, 03:00:23 PM

There's a weight-loss potion in Kathode Island, and you may get it for free from the submarine pilot, IIRC.

Heh.  Kathode island.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 14, 2009, 04:50:19 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on April 14, 2009, 04:46:49 PM

Quote from: rickfc on April 14, 2009, 03:00:23 PM

Heh.  Kathode island.

icon_lol Is that the next FO3 DLC?

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 14, 2009, 05:11:56 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 14, 2009, 04:41:07 PM

Woot!  The wife has plans to go to a friend's house tonight to watch last night's Dancing With The Stars on Tivo and tonight's American Idol, so that means I don't have to watch, leaving the evening open for Fable 2.   icon_biggrin

It has been a long while since a game had me this excited to play again.  I'm anxious to explore a bit more as all I've seen so far has only been the gypsy camp, a few small areas of Bowerstone, and some of the local roads, but not much else. 

Am I missing anything about the game map?  So far I've really been struggling to find my way around.  I've been able to identify buildings where I can purchase clothing, supplies, and weapons, and I can find where objectives are marked, but the map seems so small and everything looks really jumbled together.  Plus it doesn't seem to have areas labeled.  So how am I to know what area I'm in or how to identify areas I'd like to go without walking over to the actual section of the map where different areas meet (I think these locations are marked with an "x" on either end of the map).  I would kill for the ability to see the map a little more close-up, or to have areas or buildings marked.  So far all I've seen is the map on the menu screen, which has a very small scale with icons jumbled together due to so much area being shown at the same time.  Is there a secret to finding your way around Bowerstone and the surrounding areas?

No secret in particular, once you explore a region you can travel there instantly any time you want (instantly... not including the loading screen). When you get quests you can set them as your primary quest which will create a gold trail which tells you where to go. I've found the map to be useless myself.

Sean Lama
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 14, 2009, 05:38:17 PM »

Also loved the game.  I did copy the game to the HD before I ever started and have not had a problem with frame rates or loading times.  I still haven't finished it as my good guy but I'm considering starting over to go evil instead  icon_twisted
Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 14, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »

Just picked this back up in a trade a couple weeks ago.  I hadn't played it in months, so I immediately received a cool 275K from the few businesses that I own.  I'm at the crucible, and I seem to remember trying it before and getting my ass handed to me.  Anyone have any tips?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: