http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 11:54:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fable II Impressions thread  (Read 42164 times)
The Grue
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 05, 2008, 08:22:08 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on November 05, 2008, 08:12:11 PM

one thing that irks me to no end is that I cannot copy my save games over to my new hd. For some stupid reason they prohibit tansferring save files.

Is that just a Fable 2 thing?  I transferred over my saves when I bought my 120G drive for any games that I would notice that they didn't transfer over.  Maybe there was an old game or two where the saves didn't transfer and since I don't play, didn't notice.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 06, 2008, 03:35:02 PM »

I finished the main quest last night.....

Spoiler for Hiden:
talk about anti-climatic.  I was looking forward to smacking down Lucien for shooting my dog and instead I get a speech and him being shot by Reaver.  of course he falls and there's no body, and we all know how that works  icon_wink  I was also hoping for a chance to lay the smackdown on Reaver for being a pompous ass, maybe he'll show up in one of the post Lucien quests.

I chose to bring my dog (and family) back; I couldn't see playing any further without him. Theresa saying the Spire was now hers was an interesting twist, makes youn wonder what she's going to do with it.  the letter from Rose was also interesting, and I'm guessing the man she mentions is Scythe from the first game.

I went and bought Fairfax Castle and started on that quest when I noticed my son had apparently gone into a dangerous cave on his own.  I guess I'll rescue him eventually.

I have 2 gargoyles left somewhere in Brightwood and then I need to track down 9 more silver keys to open a 50 silver key chest I found, plus a few new quests that appear after the main quest is done, so I'm not finished yet.  there's also a couple of demon doors that I haven't opened, but for one I guess I need to get corrupted to open one of them, and then the final one should open as it seems to require me to have opened all of them.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 06, 2008, 07:12:43 PM »

Can someone tell me when the "Love Hurts" quest becomes available?

Minor spoilers:
Spoiler for Hiden:
This is quest that involves the Grave Keeper and Lady Grey. I'm just about to leave for the Spire, but haven't been able to locate the Grave Keeper yet. Is this a quest that activates later in the game? Or should I be able to access it already?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 06, 2008, 07:44:19 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on November 06, 2008, 07:12:43 PM

Can someone tell me when the "Love Hurts" quest becomes available?

Minor spoilers:
Spoiler for Hiden:
This is quest that involves the Grave Keeper and Lady Grey. I'm just about to leave for the Spire, but haven't been able to locate the Grave Keeper yet. Is this a quest that activates later in the game? Or should I be able to access it already?

it's later.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 07, 2008, 04:16:27 PM »

found the final two gargoyles last night, one of them was in a dungeon that I totally missed and would have not even realized was there if I hadn't been running along every wall trying to hear one.  it's:

Spoiler for Hiden:
at the top of Brightwood Tower, near the Cullis gate.  you have to jump off the tower ito get into it.

the Gargoyle treasure is

Spoiler for Hiden:
a legendary crossbow.  I forget the stats but it seemed to be fairly nice.  me likey my guns though.

I also polished off the Archaeologist quest line and seem to have run out of quests except for the ones that don't seem to go away, like the Crucible, the Shooting range and the Sculptor.  now all I need to do is find 8 more silver keys to open the 50 key chest I found and I'll be done except for the Demon Doors, which seem to be skewed towards an evil character as, as far as I can remember, only one requires a specific 'alignment' and that's corrupt.  I'm also going to use the 'rest for 7 days' options on one of the beds to see if the seasons ever do actually change.  the only time I've seen winter is in the opening sequence, but someone earlier mentioned snow in the gypsy camp.

all in all this is my GOTY.  I plan on replaying it as an evil bastard once the 360 update comes online and I can install it on my HD, and hopefully they release some DLC.

Because I can,
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 07, 2008, 04:43:47 PM »

I caved at 40 gargoyles.  I have no memory, so even if I'd already gotten 2 of the 3 in an area, I have no clue which I'd found or where I'd already searched.  Besides, Fallout 3 arrived yesterday, so I'm finishing one quest I'm in the middle of and will be moving on, at least for now.

I've seen snow also, but the best is Autumn;  the colors are really well done.  I'm a little surprised at the low quality of the rain though, it's barely average, imo.

Btw, just in case someone hasn't noticed this - sometimes the stuff that requires corruption can be done totally towards Good instead, depends on the quest. Also, the Achievements don't always seem to be worded quite right.  I gave up on the Completionist one, because I would've had to be corrupt to get a few of the bad Expressions.  When I got my last magic skill, the Achievement was awarded even though I was lacking 3 or 4 Expressions.  It may be that my Hero saw someone else do them, because some are like that, but I know I didn't have them myself.  Dunno... it might explain why one of my Friends was running all over belching, farting, and erm... more, lmao!

I'm also hoping for some DLC, so even though I have all the Skills, I've kept up with gathering the XP orbs in case I can use XP later.

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 07, 2008, 05:39:01 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on November 07, 2008, 04:43:47 PM

I caved at 40 gargoyles.  I have no memory, so even if I'd already gotten 2 of the 3 in an area, I have no clue which I'd found or where I'd already searched. 

This is when a guide really helps.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 08, 2008, 01:47:46 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 07, 2008, 05:39:01 PM

I caved at 40 gargoyles.  I have no memory, so even if I'd already gotten 2 of the 3 in an area, I have no clue which I'd found or where I'd already searched. 

if you go under quests and then regions each one tells you how many gargoyles are in that region and how many you've destroyed.  that's how I found all of them.

Because I can,
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 08, 2008, 08:20:00 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2008, 01:47:46 AM

if you go under quests and then regions each one tells you how many gargoyles are in that region and how many you've destroyed.  that's how I found all of them.

Yup, been there, done that!  But all I have are the 'Net descriptions, since I never got the guide for it, and the descriptions were too confusing.  I'd check a map and see I needed one more gargoyle in a certain place, and wandered all over trying to use the directions (even following every wall, CeeKay, since that is one of my favorite strategies) - but still got all tangled up and lost.  I multiplied that by the 10 that I still needed, and decided I was okay at 40.   slywink

I find myself getting crankier and crankier about the need to get guides for many games and have been trying to do without. I'm good with getting 1/2 to 3/4 of the Achievements for a game, so will only try for the hardest or most time-consuming ones in a game that has really captured me.  I'd have to say that, though I really loved Fable 2, it did not compel me to acquire everything available. Mind you, I'm not saying I won't ever go back to the game, lol... but I'm definitely done with it for now... 

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 08, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »

Quote from: mytocles on November 08, 2008, 08:20:00 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2008, 01:47:46 AM

Yup, been there, done that!  But all I have are the 'Net descriptions, since I never got the guide for it, and the descriptions were too confusing.  I'd check a map and see I needed one more gargoyle in a certain place, and wandered all over trying to use the directions (even following every wall, CeeKay, since that is one of my favorite strategies) - but still got all tangled up and lost.  I multiplied that by the 10 that I still needed, and decided I was okay at 40.   slywink

I find myself getting crankier and crankier about the need to get guides for many games and have been trying to do without. I'm good with getting 1/2 to 3/4 of the Achievements for a game, so will only try for the hardest or most time-consuming ones in a game that has really captured me.  I'd have to say that, though I really loved Fable 2, it did not compel me to acquire everything available. Mind you, I'm not saying I won't ever go back to the game, lol... but I'm definitely done with it for now... 

shit me myto,you should of said,i could of sent you my guide,seen as though i used it for all of 4 days(well the game for 4 days,i hardly looked at the guide)...or at least you could of got the locations from me

either give me a shout when i am on LIVE or send me an email of the locations that still have Gargoyles in

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: November 08, 2008, 06:54:50 PM »

Lol, I know I could've asked you, Metal! It just wasn't much of a priority for me... I shot the ones I came across in the normal playing of the game, then looked around for a while, and realized that was good enough.

Thanks, though!   icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 13, 2008, 01:26:44 AM »

big Fable 2 announcement is due next week!  I'm hoping it's some new DLC.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 17, 2008, 07:16:57 PM »

My apologies if this has already been asked, but with about 11 pages now it's a bit much to wander thru all this thread. I just really sunk my teeth into this game for the 1st time this weekend. So far I have 1 question that's really become important:

How the hell do I close or barricade my front door?

I think I made the mistake of being a bit too much of the ladies man early in the game. I'm now being constantly harassed by a parade of women and men around my home in Old Bowertown. Last night this became extreme as I finally got my wife interested enough to follow me to bed and make our 2nd baby; no I haven't got the 'come hither' expression yet - next on my list. Unfortunately I made the mistake of coming downstairs for a moment and examining my property status. By the time we turned around to go upstairs we had -I kid you not- 8 people on our staircase. To make matters worse 3 of them were married women and 2 were gay men...WTF! We actually had to leave the house, stroll down the street and return, before the staircase had thinned enough for us to get to our bedroom.

Then to make it worse...I've always liked undressing in front of my wives (1st was a gypsy who was killed on a romantic stroll by bandits frown ) as it's elicited some humorous comments and advanced the romance sliders. Last night I made the mistake of doing that and a man crooned from over in the corner, "Aren't you a bit cold like that, come let me warm you up." I mean WTF...he's saying that in our bedroom where my baby daughter is sleeping -or maybe giggling- in her crib! I've tried to find a way to close the front door but can't figure out how. If that's not in the game them IMO Lionhead really screwed up with that. Just no way strangers should be able to enter your home unless you invite them with a social > follow. You do afterall have to knock on other people's doors, or at least bash them in.

Also what's up with wives being so frigid, they never seem to be intersted in sex despite the families status page indicating that? Meanwhile good old married but unchaste Poppy, Wendy and Alice in Bowertown Market now solicit me for a roll in the hay as soon as I meet them! According to the families page my wife is happy and it shows in her frequent gift giving to me. I'm starting to wonder if my carnal activities in Bowertown market are a factor. I didn't think they could be because I'd never seen any of the women from their in Old Bowertown. However, last night lo and behold their was Poppy the nymph strolling, or prowling, the streets.  icon_eek My wife is hinting she wants a better home or decorations, but I haven't had the time or gold to figure out how to do that. Is the state of our home all that's standing between me and a frequently consummated marriage?

Meanwhile just about everything else about this game seems straight forward - no double pun intended. smile
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:23:46 PM by kronovan » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 17, 2008, 07:19:07 PM »

No way to shut the door.

As for the sex, you need to learn a particular gesture to initiate it yourself- you can find it in the bookstore. 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 17, 2008, 07:41:05 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 17, 2008, 07:19:07 PM

No way to shut the door.

Yeah...I figured that would be the case, don't know how they missed that or thought the game didn't need it. Maybe they just thought it would be funny for people to have the encounters like I did. It's not that I'm not liberal minded or anything, I actually think it's very cool that they have gay, lesbian and straight NPC's in this game. It does however seem that the number of gay man per capita is much higher than in Earth cultures; but hey it's a fantasy world and there's nothing that says they have to be bound by Earthly standards or factors.

As for the sex, you need to learn a particular gesture to initiate it yourself- you can find it in the bookstore. 

Is that the 'come hither' expression/book that I mentioned in my last post? Trust me it's next on my list, less I spend all my hard earned gold on furnishings or whatever my wife demands next.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:44:00 PM by kronovan » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 17, 2008, 07:48:20 PM »

Yep, it's the "Come Hither" book. 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 28, 2008, 12:42:29 AM »

I'm curious if anyone managed to expand their family beyond 4 children? I now have 2 daughters and 2 sons, but despite being able to get my wife to agree to sex more or less on request now, she just won't get pregnant. I don't think it's the size of our house as I just moved us from the largest house in Old Bowerstone to the largest house in Bowerstone Market. The 'Quest' > 'Families' page also shows that's her 'upkeep', 'home' and 'family' values are all 'happy'. I'm just over 1/2 way there to being able to afford  Fairfield Castle, so I'm wondering if that will do the trick? I probably should mention that I've also completed the main quest and are now just working to complete side quests, achievements and buy the castle.

On another note, does anyone have any good tips for earning large amounts of gold quickly?. I currently own all the shops, stalls and homes in Bowerstone Market and all of the homes and stalls in Old Bowerstone as well, give or take a few,  as well as Farmer Giles farm near Brightwood and the pub in Rookridge. I've also raised the prices in both locations by 20%. I'm now getting just over 5k gold a payment tick, but I'm wondering if I'm missing some big money maker.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 28, 2008, 01:11:04 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on November 28, 2008, 12:42:29 AM

On another note, does anyone have any good tips for earning large amounts of gold quickly?. I currently own all the shops, stalls and homes in Bowerstone Market and all of the homes and stalls in Old Bowerstone as well, give or take a few,  as well as Farmer Giles farm near Brightwood and the pub in Rookridge. I've also raised the prices in both locations by 20%. I'm now getting just over 5k gold a payment tick, but I'm wondering if I'm missing some big money maker.

Try buying the shops and stalls in the other villages too first, then focus on the homes.  the shops/stalls/taverns will bring in alot more money than renting out homes will.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #458 on: November 28, 2008, 01:51:54 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 05, 2008, 04:40:31 PM

You can sort of select spells on the D-Pad- holding down the Right Trigger will allow you to scroll through the available Level 1 spells with the D-Pad. 

Yes, but I'd like to be able to do the following:

Set up two 2nd level spells, and two 3rd level spells. Can I do it? No. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 28, 2008, 09:41:52 PM »

I can't believe I did this but I actually got married in the game!  I swore I would not but I met this woman named Alex standing alone on this empty road and she happened to be the only good looking female I found in the game so far.  I took an immediate liking to her.  Even her voice is sweet.  So, I married her and got a house in Browerstone.  Cool. 

Now does anyone know what is a good daily allowance for the wife to keep her from morphing into the pure evil that all women have dormant in their souls? 

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 29, 2008, 01:53:33 AM »

Quote from: Starshifter on November 28, 2008, 09:41:52 PM

I can't believe I did this but I actually got married in the game!  I swore I would not but I met this woman named Alex standing alone on this empty road and she happened to be the only good looking female I found in the game so far.  I took an immediate liking to her.  Even her voice is sweet.  So, I married her and got a house in Browerstone.  Cool. 

Now does anyone know what is a good daily allowance for the wife to keep her from morphing into the pure evil that all women have dormant in their souls? 

I just gave all my families 100 gold each, but it probably won't matter as Alicia is sure to find a way into Albion and kill Alex in a fit of jealous rage  Tongue

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 29, 2008, 04:55:14 AM »

only 5k per tick?  i'm over 12k per tick and got over half a mil the last time i logged in.  every building in bowerstone minus the castle, and every thing in the pirate town, the starting town, and everything in the city by the arena and everything is priced at 0%.

i still have a handful of quests to finish up, and the main quest too. 

curious, but how much is the castle?  i thought the haunted one was expensive, but at least it gives you a payback at the end. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 29, 2008, 05:03:30 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 29, 2008, 01:53:33 AM

I just gave all my families 100 gold each, but it probably won't matter as Alicia is sure to find a way into Albion and kill Alex in a fit of jealous rage  Tongue

I wasn't sure how much to give Alex either so I gave her 1,000 per day, shows how much I know.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 29, 2008, 05:20:15 AM »

Quote from: Ascendent on November 29, 2008, 05:03:30 AM

I wasn't sure how much to give Alex either so I gave her 1,000 per day, shows how much I know.

She's already cheating on me?!  Bitch! 

XM Channel 76
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 29, 2008, 07:02:46 AM »

Quote from: Starshifter on November 29, 2008, 05:20:15 AM

Quote from: Ascendent on November 29, 2008, 05:03:30 AM

She's already cheating on me?!  Bitch! 

dude, she's the village bicycle, the local watering well, the Bowerstone Rite of Manhood.....

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 29, 2008, 03:49:37 PM »

There is a tab buried in one of the menus (I forgot exactly where) that tells you what their desired allowance is. 
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 29, 2008, 04:14:54 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 29, 2008, 03:49:37 PM

There is a tab buried in one of the menus (I forgot exactly where) that tells you what their desired allowance is. 

Thanks Kevin.  I did not know that.

XM Channel 76
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 01, 2008, 12:35:59 AM »

I just started a new game, so far I'm doing the evil path.  it's cool how at least one part of the world has changed from a decision made during the childhood phase- I can't eait to see the other ways I can wreck the world!  icon_twisted

Because I can,
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 01, 2008, 12:55:56 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on November 29, 2008, 04:14:54 PM

Wow.  Checked the marriage allowance and it said she was happy with 10G per day.  I was allocating 500G per day!  eek  Reduced that to 150G now.  No wonder every time I came home from adventuring she was showering me with gifts and sex.  I took the gifts and passed on the sex.  Let her sweat it out some.  Maybe she thinks I'm having affairs all around Albion.  I'm not but it's fun messing with her.  Love denying her advances.

I have issues.  nod

XM Channel 76
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 01, 2008, 03:31:54 PM »

so, I get my second assassination contract last night, and wouldn't you know it?  it's for my new wife  icon_lol  Annette in Oakfield, marked for death for cheating on her husband.  I went to our home, watched her run down the path, smiled as she gave me a gift, and then I whacked her.

That'll teach her to cheat.

Because I can,
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 01, 2008, 04:06:51 PM »

This may be addressed somewhere else in this great, big thread, but I want to try to avoid reading too much about the game.

For some reason, my character cannot sleep. I'm just starting the Hero of Will quest. I've tried the inn in Bowerstone, both day and night, and I've even hoofed it back to my place in the gypsy camp. Everytime I target a bed, I get the message, "you can't sleep now." I can't seem to find any status conditions on my character that should prevent sleep. I have enough trouble with insomnia in real life. I don't need it in my games, too. smile

Does anyone know what I can do to be able to sleep again?

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 01, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »

I remember that happened to me once, but now I may be confusing games - I'm in Fallout 3 now, and sleeping is an option there as well.

First, make sure your character isn't in the middle of a moving action, like running in and clicking too fast on the bed.  I doubt that's the problem, but it's easy to check, lol.

Next, look at your quest log.  One of those games doesn't allow you to do certain things at certain times, usually involving something in the main quest not being finished. 

Good Luck!   icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 01, 2008, 05:44:27 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on December 01, 2008, 12:55:56 PM

Quote from: Starshifter on November 29, 2008, 04:14:54 PM

Wow.  Checked the marriage allowance and it said she was happy with 10G per day.  I was allocating 500G per day!  eek  Reduced that to 150G now.  No wonder every time I came home from adventuring she was showering me with gifts and sex.  I took the gifts and passed on the sex.  Let her sweat it out some.  Maybe she thinks I'm having affairs all around Albion.  I'm not but it's fun messing with her.  Love denying her advances.

I have issues.  nod

150g is still too much to be paying, I've now set my wife and family up in Fairfax castle and I'm only paying my wife an allowance of 100g and she's still very happy. Access 'Quests' > 'Families' in the menus and checkout your wife's desired allowance and then readjust it so that you're not more than 20g over it. Don't get missled by the gifts, as later you'll get some real duds from her. My loving wife, bless here kind heart, has been known to occasionally give me gifts of average furniture and cheap necklaces.  icon_eek
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 01, 2008, 07:15:58 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on December 01, 2008, 05:19:25 PM

I remember that happened to me once, but now I may be confusing games - I'm in Fallout 3 now, and sleeping is an option there as well.

First, make sure your character isn't in the middle of a moving action, like running in and clicking too fast on the bed.  I doubt that's the problem, but it's easy to check, lol.

Next, look at your quest log.  One of those games doesn't allow you to do certain things at certain times, usually involving something in the main quest not being finished. 

Good Luck!   icon_razz

Thanks mytocles. I'll try those out when I get home. I suspect you're right about the quest. She's probably hurrying me along toward the Hero of Will. It seems like I remember her saying something about time being of the essence. Of course, I do like to run around quite quickly, so I'll try the first suggestion, too. smile

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 01, 2008, 07:25:58 PM »

well, i finished this up the other night, and stupidly ended up taking the 'sacrifice' ending in the hopes that i would be able to undo some of the damage.  nope, it's pretty much final, and now i really wish i had taken the 'love' ending instead.  i would go into more detail, but stupid spoilers are still broken. 

i also bought the castle as it turned out the ach for being rich is based on your ownings, not your cash on hand.  got a new quest from that too, but i am currently stuck due to an annoying switch requiring a magic and four ranged shots to activate and it gives you very little time to react.  i really liked the start of the quest though. 

i have 10 more of those statues to find, and a handful of keys too, but i don't really know if i'm going to push on with it. 

anyone want a ton of money?  i will happily give you a few hundred thousand.  biggrin

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 01, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »

I just ordered Fable 2 this morning for $39.99 off of Amazon.com's "cyber-Monday" deals. With the week or so it takes the free shipping to get the game to me, I should have enough time to finish up Fallout 3 before beginning my next adventure.  thumbsup
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 01, 2008, 07:51:46 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 01, 2008, 07:25:58 PM

well, i finished this up the other night, and stupidly ended up taking the 'sacrifice' ending in the hopes that i would be able to undo some of the damage.  nope, it's pretty much final, and now i really wish i had taken the 'love' ending instead.  i would go into more detail, but stupid spoilers are still broken. 

Yeah I took the love ending and aren't really regretting it. I think what swayed me was that 2 of my wife's traits are 'funny' and 'sense of humor' and those made me want to keep pursuing the family life.

i also bought the castle as it turned out the ach for being rich is based on your ownings, not your cash on hand.  got a new quest from that too, but i am currently stuck due to an annoying switch requiring a magic and four ranged shots to activate and it gives you very little time to react.  i really liked the start of the quest though.

I failed twice with that as well, but after changing strategy for the 3rd time found it quite easy in the end. Here's a spoiler to get you through it.

[SPOILER ALERT ]

The 1st 2 hits require the use of a ranged weapon. You can successfully auto-aim, so just position yourself equally between the 3 pillars and press [y] to get off each shot when it's stationary. The 3rd short requires a melee weapon strike so rush to it and give it a smack. The 4th requires a will shot, so set your best ranged will spell -I used shock-  at the beginning and then just quickly point with the L-stick and press {b} to nail it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 07:53:17 PM by kronovan » Logged
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 01, 2008, 07:55:32 PM »

got past that one just fine.  the one i am referring to is like this.

()    ()    ()    ()

i can hit the first one with a fully charged magic fireball aoe, then get the first two ranged by standing in front of the pillar between 1 and 2, but that last yellow just manages to reset before i can aim at it. 

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 01, 2008, 08:07:52 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 01, 2008, 07:55:32 PM

got past that one just fine.  the one i am referring to is like this.

()    ()    ()    ()

i can hit the first one with a fully charged magic fireball aoe, then get the first two ranged by standing in front of the pillar between 1 and 2, but that last yellow just manages to reset before i can aim at it. 

Right...OK phase 2. I remember that I had to make at least 1 movement in that one, but IIRC I only moved once. It was either () + () them move, or () + () + () then move. Just remember to only attempt the ranged shots with a weapon with enough capacity and only auto-aim.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 01, 2008, 08:16:04 PM »

master clockwork rifle, so i have no worries there.  i think my biggest problem is i always end up aiming manually after forming the habit throughout the later part of the game. 

please tell me that this is the last of this kind of switch.  otherwise it looks like more of a slog than i want at this point.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: