http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 05:33:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fable II Impressions thread  (Read 42098 times)
The Grue
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2008, 02:38:45 PM »

I played a couple hours after picking it up at Gamestop.  I was surprised how many people were there.  I guess I never realized how popular Fable was and since I live in a smaller town outside Denver, I just didn't think there would be like 20-30 people at a midnight release.

Anyway, I am certainly barely into the game, but what I played I enjoyed.  I like the look of the world and even though what I did was basically a tutorial of sorts, I think it was well done and I can't wait to play more.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2008, 02:47:25 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 21, 2008, 02:38:45 PM

I played a couple hours after picking it up at Gamestop.  I was surprised how many people were there.  I guess I never realized how popular Fable was and since I live in a smaller town outside Denver, I just didn't think there would be like 20-30 people at a midnight release.

Fable was pretty huge and IIRC was the second biggest IP for MS on Xbox behind Halo (though now it's been relegated to third with the addition of Gears of War).  However word of mouth was pretty poor on the original game though I think that since then people's attitudes toward it have softened and take the game more for what it actually delivered on than what Molyneux promised (the addition of Lost Chapters certainly helped in this regard). 
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2008, 02:48:08 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 21, 2008, 02:38:45 PM

I guess I never realized how popular Fable was and since I live in a smaller town outside Denver, I just didn't think there would be like 20-30 people at a midnight release.

Not a lot of choices when it comes to western RPGs on xbox. I can't freakin wait until I get home tonight... and I have Friday off and my wife is going to be busy...

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2008, 02:51:01 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on October 21, 2008, 06:53:12 AM

I haven't seen the save system mentioned in the reviews I've read.  The first game had that odd system with two different kinds of saves, and I'm hoping they ditched it for the sequel.

it looks like the same save system, with a few options but I really didn't check it out.  the game autosaves, and right before I quit I hit one.  I'm sure the manual explains it, but I haven't actually read the manual since the game seems to be pretty self explanatory.

I found Hal's armor last night, with his sword.  It's one of the CE's special items that I'm sure will be available as DLC later on.  I also found something to dig up thanks to the dog (which is going to drive my dogs nuts with hsi barking and whining), and oddly enough it was a condom.  I guess the game knows my plan to get my character pregnant and run around fighting monsters while nude and preggers  slywink

I did the blacksmithing job and unless they mix things up I can see it getting pretty repetetive.  hopefully other jobs are a bit different.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2008, 03:20:47 PM »

almost forgot- anyone else recognize your mentor?

Spoiler for Hiden:
it's your sister Theresa from the first game.  Now, before you ask 'how can she still be around?', remember that one of the Heroes (I think his name was Scythe) from the first game was hundreds of years old.

her being alive also means the game follows the good ending of the first one.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2008, 03:59:26 PM »

Picking my copy up at BB in about 30 minutes.  However, I'm a little bothered by two things pointed out in the gamespot review:

1) money is practically meaningless as it's incredibly easy to become rich.  having a sense of accomplishment when I buy some flashy new weapon is one of the highlights of an RPG to me. 

2) death is simply a brief stop in the gameplay and then you're back up and fighting again.  the only penalty appears to be scars you acquire from losing.  if i go evil, this would be meaningless to me. 

I'm still getting it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.  but those two points are sore spots for me, right now.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 04:01:49 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2008, 04:09:06 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 21, 2008, 03:59:26 PM

Picking my copy up at BB in about 30 minutes.  However, I'm a little bothered by two things pointed out in the gamespot review:

1) money is practically meaningless as it's incredibly easy to become rich.  having a sense of accomplishment when I buy some flashy new weapon is one of the highlights of an RPG to me. 

2) death is simply an brief stop in the gameplay and then you're back up and fighting again.  the only penalty appears to be scars you acquire from losing.  if i go evil, this would be meaningless to me. 

I'm still getting it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.  but those two points are sore spots for me, right now.

Don't forget that you can by businesses and buildings, and from what I've seen they're pretty expensive but I'm not sure what the return on doing so will be.  However, I don't think money was ever a problem in the first game either.  As for dying, I don't think I died once in the first game (or even used the auto-Rez potions), so combat has always been fairly easy if you play smart, remember that you can block and use your potions.  This time around my favorite combat spell, Assassins Rush (teleport a short distance towards or behind your enemy), is missing so that might change things.

Because I can,
maccwerk
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2008, 04:25:47 PM »

Probably a very basic question, but I haven't really been following the game until this thread slapped me with a bad case of Forum Effect...

What is the initial character creation like?  I know that your avatar's appearance changes over time based on in-game decisions, but I'm wondering how the initial creation works--more like Oblivion (choose male/female, face structure, skin/hair color, etc...) or more like a JRPG (i.e. "you're a lowly farm boy with rags for clothes, spiky hair and huge eyes...)?

Any light shed is much appreciated...

Cheers,

maccwerk
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2008, 04:32:12 PM »

you get to choose male or female, and that's it.  Later on you can get different hairstyles, clothing and probably tattoos (unless they removed them since the first game) plus different effects from the way you play but you'll always start out as the same boy or girl.

Because I can,
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2008, 04:40:44 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 21, 2008, 04:32:12 PM

you get to choose male or female, and that's it.  Later on you can get different hairstyles, clothing and probably tattoos (unless they removed them since the first game) plus different effects from the way you play but you'll always start out as the same boy or girl.

Doubt they removed tattoos since I got one throug hthe Fable 2 web site.  It is a Lionshead tattoo and when I got it, it told me that it was magical in that I could apply it without going to a shop.

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2008, 04:55:37 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 21, 2008, 03:20:47 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
it's your sister Theresa from the first game.  Now, before you ask 'how can she still be around?', remember that one of the Heroes (I think his name was Scythe) from the first game was hundreds of years old.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I read the spoiler to find out...but I knew I recognized the voice and it was driving me nuts.  Thank you!

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2008, 04:58:19 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 21, 2008, 04:09:06 PM

2) death is simply an brief stop in the gameplay and then you're back up and fighting again.  the only penalty appears to be scars you acquire from losing.  if i go evil, this would be meaningless to me. 

Don't forget that you can by businesses and buildings, and from what I've seen they're pretty expensive but I'm not sure what the return on doing so will be.  However, I don't think money was ever a problem in the first game either.  As for dying, I don't think I died once in the first game (or even used the auto-Rez potions), so combat has always been fairly easy if you play smart, remember that you can block and use your potions.  This time around my favorite combat spell, Assassins Rush (teleport a short distance towards or behind your enemy), is missing so that might change things.

My goal is to have a Knight type hero (in Hal's armor) who never loses a fight.  Scars?  Tats?  Whazzat?

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2008, 05:10:22 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on October 21, 2008, 04:55:37 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 21, 2008, 03:20:47 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I read the spoiler to find out...but I knew I recognized the voice and it was driving me nuts.  Thank you!

the only reason it clicked is that I just finished replaying the original on the PC.  There's a chance I could be wrong, but it'd be a pretty big coincidence otherwise.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2008, 06:04:14 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on October 21, 2008, 04:58:19 PM

My goal is to have a Knight type hero (in Hal's armor) who never loses a fight.  Scars?  Tats?  Whazzat?

"I never wore armor..."

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2008, 06:22:24 PM »

Someone asked about the Co-op.. just to be brief if your invited into a co-op game your character is not carried over nore your items. you are basically hired help, "Henchman" as the game puts it..

Before the quest go on you can select from a pre set character man or woman with different skill sets there must have been 6-8 to chose from. I did not really take note because obviously I was looking for my character. The Host then chooses how the loot will be split up and how much you get paid per game hour.

The story will continue as normal single player game, story, quest, jobs and so on. The guest in the game can not activate any sequence of events, jobs or open any treasures only spectate. They are basically just there to help you fight...I did this for an hour with my brother and as limited as it sounds it was actually fun.  except for when he took on the tree cutting job I just watched him cut wood they did not even give me the benefit of the arch with the ball he have to line up so I can laugh when he missed.

The game it self is a lot of fun with funny moments the photographer so far has been my funniest moment.  I am having some freezing issue not sure if its my 360 or the game as yet but I will let you know as I narrow it down.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
PS3 Spinks
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 21, 2008, 06:04:14 PM

Quote from: Dreamshadow on October 21, 2008, 04:58:19 PM

"I never wore armor..."

One of the best theme songs of all time.  Not sure how Barney Miller relates, though.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2008, 07:32:22 PM »

psst...HAL linden

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2008, 08:08:11 PM »

Got it, started playing it, love it, love it, and love it.

I've barely gotten past the childhood/tutorial area and I've already laughed out loud numerous times.  Something I very rarely do while playing video games.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2008, 08:15:03 PM »

make sure to read the warrants during childhood.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2008, 09:44:27 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 21, 2008, 07:32:22 PM

psst...HAL linden

Got it.  Maybe stick to physical props from now on, Carrottop.   icon_wink

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2008, 09:47:07 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 21, 2008, 09:44:27 PM

Quote from: hepcat on October 21, 2008, 07:32:22 PM

psst...HAL linden

Got it.  Maybe stick to physical props from now on, Carrottop.   icon_wink

you are my gallagher

faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2008, 10:36:23 PM »

What a horrible time to be afflicted by the red rings of death  crybaby

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2008, 11:33:15 PM »

Extra lootz?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Go to the website and watch the show (choose your on adventure style) for bonus content http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/splash/f/fable2/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:49:51 PM by USMC Kato » Logged

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2008, 11:46:13 PM »

Ugh. 1 hour of work to go...can't wait to get home and play!

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2008, 11:48:19 PM »

I just LOVE this game!  
I love the combat.  I love the magic.  I love the art style.  I love the narrator lady.  I love the humor.
And I am not a big rpg gamer to say the least.  
So glad I got this.

And I TOTALLY love the dog!  

icon_biggrin

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2008, 12:32:47 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 20, 2008, 04:58:28 PM

I'm afraid to let Hark in-  I'm sure he'd kill my wife and sell off my kid  icon_wink

That's exactly what Kato said to me frown  I had to buy the game just because!
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2008, 04:24:55 AM »

Quote from: Lockdown on October 21, 2008, 11:48:19 PM

I just LOVE this game!  
I love the combat.  I love the magic.  I love the art style.  I love the narrator lady.  I love the humor.
So glad I got this.

icon_biggrin

I'm very, very impressed so far.

My initial thought was that this game is stunningly beautiful. As you mentioned, the artwork is fantastic, and I was very impressed with the snow effects, the lighting, and the visuals in general. It's a beautiful game to look at.

The voice acting is extremely good.

Framerates for me are excellent. Completely fluid.

I just reached 'teenager', and the game has a very nice feel to it. I think I'm probably missing things just following the yellow trail, but I'm starting to pick up on things.

Off to bed, but very much looking to getting further into it tomorrow.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 04:26:32 AM by Jeff Jones » Logged
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2008, 05:59:18 AM »

I played for three hours tonight and I really like it.  Of course I enjoyed the first Fable and this seems like an improved version of that, so that makes sense and I can't imagine that I won't love it going forward.  I tend to spend an inordinate amount of time just exploring and impressing people, but it's a good time.

I do wish the emotes and the d-pad quick link thing were a little quicker to react, though.  Minor quibble. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2008, 09:19:56 AM »

Love the game, but I haven't run into many side quest yet in Bowerstone. Only issue I have is that while they did open up the game I still feel like I am on rails.  Wanted to avoid the main quest for awhile, but I couldn't find any quest, so I am making my way to the first quest out of Bowerstone.

Btw, I love that your friends will show up in the game world as the little orbs.  I ran into Bloodright,  Kato land Jarrod last night.  Pretty cool feature.   

+1 for the dog.  I had to laugh when he found a

Spoiler for Hiden:
condom
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 11:23:25 AM by Soulchilde » Logged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »

If Xbox gets MGS4, I DEMAND this game be ported to PS3 as well - sounds too good for me to miss :-)

A new one
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2008, 12:15:18 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on October 21, 2008, 11:48:19 PM

I just LOVE this game!  
So glad I got this.

icon_biggrin

Me too.  I'm already attached to my dog.  Named him XM.  I saw this floating USMC Kato orb last night walk right by me!  I guess I missed it but I did not know how to say hi or join him.  Words popped up but I was so excited to see someone else roaming around I did not notice.  Sorry Kato!  By the time I grabbed the manual to figure it out he as orbing away.

Loving this game.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2008, 12:27:58 PM »

OK.  I have not gushed over a game in awhile, especially a console game, so I'm really in the mood to do it.  (Nearly entirely spoiler free if that matters.)

From the perspective of someone who does not play console RPG's past the first few hours ever, (in other words, I'm no Kevin Grey or Paul Warning), this is why I love Fable 2:

+ I love the narration and voice acting.  Combine this with the humor, and it just adds SO much to the experience of playing the game.  It's obviously very subjective, but the amount of dialogue in Fable 2 is perfect.  The game has yet to overwhelm me with book-long narratives that put me to sleep, but at the same time doesn't just rush me through with "go do this because I said so," and then leave me wanting more.  The town figures (both main and supporting) all have great personality and are a riot to try to impress.

+ Decision making is well presented.  I had heard coming in that Fable was a game about making decisions that would ultimately influence your character as well as how the world develops over time.  I like the way those decisions happen as a natural part of the story as you go along.  It's not some text that comes up on the bottom of the screen that says, "Give the medicine to the sick children" or "Take the medicine and sell it to the black market for 10 gold".  Instead, it's all part of the storyline, and it's integrated really, really well.  Sure, there are times you "see it coming", but who gives a flip.  It's still really fun.  And, if you wait around for a bit and let the characters to go through their whole dialogue sequence, rather than just making a quick decision, it can be quite funny as well.

+ I just love the dog to death.  As what I would consider the perspective of a novice to this type of game, he is absolutely invaluable to me.  I love the way he barks and jumps up and down to get my attention when he "smells" treasure or an underground buried item.  Or the way he growls when he senses trouble around the corner.  Or when he gets scared and his ears go down and his tail goes between his legs.  Maybe part of it is that I love dogs in real life, but I just LOVE his role in the game, and it has nothing to do with him helping in combat.  I've learned a few tricks for him, that also make me laugh when I get him to do it.  (and I have even come to a part in the game where the tricks mean something from a story perspective, albeit a minor one, which is really cool).

+ As Soulchilde mentioned, I like the orbs of your friends showing up as well.  It would be really neat if you could stop and chat with them using the microphone, or something other than just inspecting them, but it's still a neat feature in my book.  I ran into multiple people from my friends list while playing yesterday.

+ I love that you can buy stores that collect money for you while you are off doing things.  I have my eye on the little cart that sells pies!  I've been impressing the current owner quite a bit to try and reduce the price I can buy it for.  So far so good, as playing my lute is really helping me negotiate a better price!   I've also run into a few pieces of property I would like to own.  Along these lines are the jobs.  I have only tried my hand at blacksmith and woodcutting so far.  They aren't going to win any awards for complexity, but the fact that they are in the game at all is neat.  And I like how as you up the multiplier to earn more money, the tasks get more difficult to hit.

+ I like the follow/dismiss commands.  That bard in Bowerstone was really making me laugh for a bit.  But if he were to get annoying, there is a command to tell followers to follow you or to dismiss themselves from your company.  Pretty neat feature.

+ Combat is fun.  No, it's not deep (yet), nor is it difficult (yet)... but I'm enjoying it.  All aspects too.  I like all 3 forms of fighting.  I have got just about all spells so far, mostly cause I want to see how they work.  I'm partial to the shock spell and the vortex spell right now, but that could change.  I really like shooting things with my newly purchased rifle and knocking them backwards on their asses.  Especially when it goes into slow motion to capture the killing blow.  That's just fun.  Beating on things with my big mace makes me feel like I'm really crunching guys, and I like the looks of some of the more advanced moves, but I don't think I'm much of a melee guy.  So far combat has not been to frenetic for me, which is great, as I'm not the most dexterous person with the 360 controller.  The animations also aren't too fast, which is a pet peeve of mine.  They are slow enough for me to enjoy watching the combat take place, without being like molasses.  In other words, the combat pacing (so far) is perfect for me.

+ I'm also not having too many problems with the controls or camera, which if you know me, is a minor miracle in and of itself.  It's all pretty intuitive, and has not frustrated me once yet.  I'm guessing camerawork can always be better in games like this, but by and large, I'm really happy with it.  No stuttering or lagging of any kind whatsoever yet either. 

+ All that being said though, it is the artstyle, story, and atmosphere that really make the game for me.  I can not express enough how much I love these 3 elements so far.  Talk about drawing me in to the story... wow.  Like I've said before, I'm not an RPG aficionado at all, and these 3 things might not be all that great from a "grizzled veteran's" point of view - but for me, they are simply outstanding and utterly fantastic.  I love my little avatar guy, and I love walking around places and just looking at stuff.  Standing up on a hill during sunset and overlooking a lake is awesome.  Being in town square when the sun comes up and the town crier announces that the shops are opening up is exciting.  Walking around caves and dungeons and having my dog find things I would never ever find without him is cool as hell.  Having my renown go up and having people call me by name as I pass by them while shopping around is neat.  Listening to people talk or try to convince me to do 'this' or 'that' and laughing out loud at them is just plain fun.  Shit... I could go on forever I think.

Regarding the negatives of the game so far:  I'm not going to go there.  I'm going to try and just sit on my couch and enjoy every second of this game while I can.  I'll leave all the things Lionhead screwed up on for others who know a heck of a lot more about RPG's than I do to point out.

And for refernece sake, I just arrived at the town where I am to meet the Abbot - so I'm probably barely starting the game from a 'main storyline' point of view.

LD

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2008, 12:57:16 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 22, 2008, 05:59:18 AM

I do wish the emotes and the d-pad quick link thing were a little quicker to react, though.  Minor quibble. 

I think a part of it is the godawful 360 D-pad.  I'm finding emote commands just flat out not registering frequently. 
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2008, 01:00:01 PM »

+ As Soulchilde mentioned, I like the orbs of your friends showing up as well.  It would be really neat if you could stop and chat with them using the microphone, or something other than just inspecting them, but it's still a neat feature in my book.  I ran into multiple people from my friends list while playing yesterday.

Actually you can talk when your orbs are close.  Takes a second for a chat to sync up, but it works.  Talked to all three people i saw last night   thumbsup

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2008, 01:07:39 PM »

No kidding?  Well that is really cool!

LD

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2008, 01:13:42 PM »

Anyone else turn off the bread crumb trail like I did?  I find it makes me more willing to explore.  Sure, you are basically lost, especially, the first quest where you are sent to a town and you have no idea where that town is, but damnit, I am going to find it by randomly wandering around.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2008, 01:17:10 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 22, 2008, 01:13:42 PM

Anyone else turn off the bread crumb trail like I did?  I find it makes me more willing to explore.  Sure, you are basically lost, especially, the first quest where you are sent to a town and you have no idea where that town is, but damnit, I am going to find it by randomly wandering around.

Yep.  Though I really really wish I could get a small minimap like the one used in Fable 1. 

I do wish they could have made it an easy toggle though- Select isn't being used for anything. 
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2008, 01:21:28 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on October 21, 2008, 12:03:21 AM

Quote from: Destructor on October 20, 2008, 05:49:22 PM

Your character starts to show the abuse you put him through.

Quote from: Doopri on October 20, 2008, 07:33:40 PM

finally - i didnt read the review - what happens to your guy (girl?) when you overuse mana?

And a bit too many evil decisions:

icon_eek

Okay, I'm sold again.  I loved how your in-game decisions molded your character in the first game and it looks like the effects are even more dramatic in Fable 2.

OMG, missed this, it's my picture!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2008, 02:03:14 PM »

Hey... I read that you can "trade in" your current spells and get a portion of your experience orbs back to re-purchase others.  Sort of like a quasi-respec sort of thing.

Once I decide which spells I really like, I want to do this.  Anyone know HOW this is actually done?  Is it in the menu system, or do I need to physically go talk to a certain person in town or something?

Thanks.

LD

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2008, 02:06:03 PM »

It's in the menu system- can't recall where specifically but I'm sure I saw it last night. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: