http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 04:38:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fable 3, now with impressions + the official GT Review!  (Read 20957 times)
msteelers
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 09, 2010, 11:59:45 AM »

Quote from: dangerballs on November 09, 2010, 08:35:22 AM

Quote from: Travis on November 09, 2010, 07:12:11 AM

When should I start buying property?  I just reached Bowerstone and won over the people.  I don't want to miss out too early since I don't accumulate gold when the game's off.  Yet I don't want to over complicate things too early either.

I would start buying businesses the moment you can get the pack from the road to rule.  Houses tend to be a huge pain with the current ultra-crappy repair interface.

I would still buy houses as soon as you can. You still get money from houses until the house condition is at 0%, so you don't have to repair them all the time. I did it about once a playthrough, usually towards the end.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: November 09, 2010, 02:32:45 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2010, 04:21:24 PM

I finally became Queen of Albion last night (shut up Purge)

If it's alright with you, I'm still going to call you princess.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 09, 2010, 05:37:12 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 09, 2010, 08:18:42 AM

Quote from: Destructor on November 09, 2010, 06:06:04 AM

Quote from: Fez on November 09, 2010, 05:25:52 AM

I'm taking my time with the game so far.  Is there any benefit to going randomly into others' worlds?  Are there items I can find in shops in those worlds that I can't find in my own?

Sorta, yes. There's...48 (I think) Legendary Weapons in the game, and you'll only find about 10 per playthrough if you don't head out exploring.

from some Fable 3 fan site:

You won’t be able to get your sticky mitts on a single Legendary Weapon until you have got your ranged and melee weapons to level 5 on the Road To Rule. There are a MASSIVE 51 Legendary weapons available in Fable 3 and 26 of these can be nabbed by going solo through the game and are always available in the same places regardless of how many time you play the game. 12 of these are in treasure chests, 12 are in shops and the remaining 2 are rewards for completing quests. The other 25 are randomly generated which means you’ll need to start a new game to find them all or you can trade with other players. Alternatively, visit shops in someone else’s kingdom via XBOX LIVE (you’ll need Gold membership for this). Here is a list of all 51 Legendary Weapons, including the Limited Edition one, as well as the locations of the 26 weapons that are not randomly generated.

Cool, I don't want to check out the referenced site for spoiler reasons (I kind of want to discovery the legendary weapons without knowing the whole list), but are there any specific shops I should visit in other players worlds?  Who wants to let me into their world?  I promise, I'll use the outhouse when necessary, and I won't soil the landscape.  Also, a lot of the weapons have names -- how can one tell when you have a legendary weapon?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 09, 2010, 05:52:02 PM »

I'm pretty sure any weapons other than the Hero weapons you get when you start are legendary weapons.  I think I've only found 2 weapons shops though, with 4 weapons each, so there's got to be a third shop somewhere I missed.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 09, 2010, 06:36:38 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 09, 2010, 05:52:02 PM

I'm pretty sure any weapons other than the Hero weapons you get when you start are legendary weapons.  I think I've only found 2 weapons shops though, with 4 weapons each, so there's got to be a third shop somewhere I missed.

Yeah, I think I've found only two weapon shops as well at this time.  Do shops in different worlds have different items?  I'll put them in a spoiler tag below so we can compare notes:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Bowerstone Market and the first town (blanking on the name at work)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 09, 2010, 06:38:28 PM »

Quote from: Fez on November 09, 2010, 06:36:38 PM

Yeah, I think I've found only two weapon shops as well at this time.  Do shops in different worlds have different items?  I'll put them in a spoiler tag below so we can compare notes:

Spoiler for Hiden:

yep,
Spoiler for Hiden:
Bowerstone and Brightwall.  I'd need to check my game at home to see which weapons I bought from them.

Because I can,
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 09, 2010, 09:59:37 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 09, 2010, 06:38:28 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

yep,
Spoiler for Hiden:
Bowerstone and Brightwall.  I'd need to check my game at home to see which weapons I bought from them.

Definitely let me know.  I'll try to do the same. I'm away the next for days after tonight though.  What's your Xbox live handle?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 10, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »

Quote from: Fez on November 09, 2010, 09:59:37 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 09, 2010, 06:38:28 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

yep,
Spoiler for Hiden:

Definitely let me know.  I'll try to do the same. I'm away the next for days after tonight though.  What's your Xbox live handle?

my handle is OriginalCeeKay, but my friends list is usually full (stupid 100 player limit).  I forgot to check last night since I didn't get to play much, but I found the third weapon shop.

I have 10 gnomes left to find, 9 of which must be in 3 areas I haven't unlocked yet:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Shifting Sands (which I didn't get to explore when I first arrived in Aurora, that area south of Aurora City and one area in Albion that still hasn't unlocked- it's in the northern part of the map and looks like a big mansion.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 12, 2010, 04:33:34 PM »

I finally found out how to get to the last area on the map that was locked out; it's called Sunset House.

Spoiler for Sunset House question:
are there any clues in game about what I'm supposed to do with the place?  I found the gazebo with the posable statues and the house is transparent with no way to get in.  I was thinking maybe I needed to go there at sunset, but it was day when I found it and as soon as I entered the area it switched to night.

Fez, here's a list of the Legendary weapons I've found in my world.  Unfortunately I cannot remember which ones were bought and which were found.  It's also off the top of my head from looking at the Fable 3 wiki- I ekep forgetting to post them when I'm playing.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Aurora's Shield
The Barnumificator
Beadle's Cutlass
Bloodstone Bludgeon
The Bonesmasher
Defender of the Faith
Facemelter
Faerie Hammer of the Moon King
Gusket's Musket
The Merchant's Bodyguard
Really Sharp Pair of Scissors
Reaver Industries Perforator
Scattershot
Scythe's Warhammer
Slimquick
The Splade
Wolfsbane

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 14, 2010, 11:17:13 AM »

Got around to playing The Game quest. holy shit. so good.  icon_lol
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: November 14, 2010, 02:25:32 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on November 14, 2010, 11:17:13 AM

Oh yeah. Best quest bar none. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 14, 2010, 11:34:35 PM »

just finished the main story.

Spoiler for Hiden:
the end fight was indeed easy, and not a surprise.  I did feel kinda sad over the loss of Walter though.

now should I play through as an evil bastard or wait a bit......

Because I can,
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 15, 2010, 02:26:22 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 12, 2010, 04:33:34 PM

I finally found out how to get to the last area on the map that was locked out; it's called Sunset House.

are there any clues in game about what I'm supposed to do with the place?  I found the gazebo with the posable statues and the house is transparent with no way to get in.  I was thinking maybe I needed to go there at sunset, but it was day when I found it and as soon as I entered the area it switched to night.

Spoiler for Hiden:
You need to head back there during the day and look at how the statues look during during the daytime.  Then when you come back at night, click on them make them look the same way.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 15, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »

DLC is coming November 23rd!

Quote from: dangerballs on November 15, 2010, 02:26:22 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 12, 2010, 04:33:34 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
You need to head back there during the day and look at how the statues look during during the daytime.  Then when you come back at night, click on them make them look the same way.

thanks!

Because I can,
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 15, 2010, 08:49:35 PM »

I hit on a rather annoying bug.  I was trading weapons with someone online, and after they left I discovered to my horror that all of my stats had jumped to 5 stars.  I had planned to use magic exclusively in combat throughout the game.  Oh well.  Hopefully Lionhead will come out with shrink potions.  I'm considering starting over for the heck of it.

That being said, does anyone here have the apaprently rare long hair or bob styles in their game for a potential trade or available in a shop?

Sunset House was one of my favorite locations.  Cool place.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 15, 2010, 09:21:45 PM »

Was that the one with the 3 nerdy guys doing all the voices?  If so... yeah I absolutely loved it.

- - -

I'm at a weird point in the game now (which btw I am really loving far more than I thought I would).  I desperately want to ask for some spoilers but at the same time I don't want to be spoiled.  I think I should just play it out and see what happens.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I just became king and have been making all the good choices, so I'm like a gazillion dollars in debt.  I didn't do much with money/investing early game so I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to spend the next X hours playing Lute Hero to save my kingdom lol.  I suspect if I just play the game naturally I won't be punished for making the villagers happy, but then again that might make for a tragically ironic conclusion.  Is there any kind of a non-spoiling spoiler someone can give me?
Travis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 16, 2010, 04:00:02 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 15, 2010, 09:21:45 PM

Was that the one with the 3 nerdy guys doing all the voices?  If so... yeah I absolutely loved it.

- - -

I'm at a weird point in the game now (which btw I am really loving far more than I thought I would).  I desperately want to ask for some spoilers but at the same time I don't want to be spoiled.  I think I should just play it out and see what happens.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I just became king and have been making all the good choices, so I'm like a gazillion dollars in debt.  I didn't do much with money/investing early game so I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to spend the next X hours playing Lute Hero to save my kingdom lol.  I suspect if I just play the game naturally I won't be punished for making the villagers happy, but then again that might make for a tragically ironic conclusion.  Is there any kind of a non-spoiling spoiler someone can give me?

Spoiler for Hiden:

Buy all the houses and businesses you can.  Do all the side quests before progressing the game.  The days move on after you complete the last task for the day, so you are not limited on that time per say.  You will need the money it says.  Take your time.  The game is over before you know it, as far as I was concerned.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 16, 2010, 04:30:10 AM »

on the ending:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I agree, the time jumps during the last year moved quicker than I expected.  I was expecting at least one more day of ruling, and the last one before the invasion were three quick choices.

i can't wait to see how the evil choices affect stuff.

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 16, 2010, 07:18:44 PM »

Wow, if what Travis said is true, and I have no reason to doubt him, that's kind of a slap in the face for me from this game.  The thing I loved the most was the sense of casual freedom, it always felt like I could just follow the main storyline all the way through and enjoy side stuff at my own discretion.  Sure there were times when you needed to complete some side quests but it was relatively benign.  This thing smacks of cheap grind, and that is really disappointing relative to the rest of the game.  I'll make my final judgment after I finish, assuming I even do.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Seriously?  I read even if you took all evil moral choices, you'd have to earn 850k.  With good choices it's like 8.5 MILLION.  WTF really?  I "get" that they want to convey that keeping your promises and being good has a price to pay, but was this really the best way to convey that?  I didn't sign up to play Sim-Kingdom, nor did I think that after becoming King I'd be forced into doing endless fedex quests.  The whole concept is just flat out ridiculous IMHO.  You have 1 year of time, and it's literally 1 gold to save each person's life?  Well WTF tell everyone to spend one year to gather a single gold together and donate it.  I'll help cover everything else.  The other problem is there's no random dungeons or action areas to grind on, it seems like the only viable choice is to buy property, do inane fedex quests (seriously does it make any sense for the king to bring a letter for a villager to another village?  COME ON), play lute hero or whatever job you took, and essentially just wait for cash to come in. That's not gameplay, that's just stupid.  

I was hoping that the good choices you made would pay off in the long run - the happier people would come through for you somehow to alleviate the debt.  Maybe a bit cheesy but better than creating an artificial gameplay grind reminiscent of some MMORPGs when they run out of content.  Grrrrr.

Sorry for the rant, it's just disappointing for me to have a game I really liked so much do something weird like this at the end.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:21:08 PM by rittchard » Logged
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 16, 2010, 07:39:10 PM »

rittchard, I think you're missing the point.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The entire king section of the game is to force the player into making tough choices. Make the kingdom happy but put them at greater risk of death, or keep them safe but unhappy? I disliked the ending because for me it wasn't an issue. I had more than enough gold to cover the costs, with a few million to spare. This made that section boring as hell for me, because I knew every time to hit A and I would have enough money to cover it. Another problem is that the choices were too black or white. Seriously, my two options are to turn a building into a school or a brothel? Barely any choices between keeping a promise or making a choice that would directly benefit the defense of the kingdom?

There are plenty of reasons to complain about the ending, but I think comparing it to an MMO grind is unfair.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2010, 07:44:37 PM »

Easter Egg:

Spoiler for Hiden:
That is the logo for Big Blue Box, a Lionhead Studios satellite company that was responsible for the original Fable. They were absorbed by LH in the 2004 timeframe.

You find it inside the Reaver School (should you decide to be the nice-guy). The opening to the right (behind the crates) is the door to Bowerstone Industrial.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Travis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 17, 2010, 02:08:45 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Just finished gathering all the books, killing gargoyles, doing the evil quests I didn't do and TBH, I feel this game was a bit of a rip off.  Once you become king, it seems very rushed.  As if they chopped a ton of content out of that part to get the game out the door.  The good part is that I enjoyed it enough to not want it to end, but in light of games such as Dragon Age I just don't feel this game was complete with content.  What also bothers me the most is that the quests you get as king are pretty lame (for lack of a better word).  I figured there would be some pretty epic adventures in between the political upkeep I was doing.  My guess is a bunch of the cut content will come out as DLC, but I feel I payed for an incomplete game TBH. 
MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 17, 2010, 02:12:42 AM »

I have decided I'm going to start a new character and choose the most evil, dick-ish choices I can.  I'm going to hate everyone I come across, kill as many people as I can get away with, and be the ultimate Fable asshole.

That'll show all that 'moral high ground' the game keeps trying to force onto me!
Travis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 17, 2010, 02:35:56 AM »

Quote from: MaxSteele on November 17, 2010, 02:12:42 AM

I have decided I'm going to start a new character and choose the most evil, dick-ish choices I can.  I'm going to hate everyone I come across, kill as many people as I can get away with, and be the ultimate Fable asshole.

That'll show all that 'moral high ground' the game keeps trying to force onto me!

I'll probably do it to get the not knocked out achievement.  Looks like I can't get the Fashion Achievement without a gold account.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 17, 2010, 06:46:38 AM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 16, 2010, 07:39:10 PM

rittchard, I think you're missing the point.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The entire king section of the game is to force the player into making tough choices. Make the kingdom happy but put them at greater risk of death, or keep them safe but unhappy? I disliked the ending because for me it wasn't an issue. I had more than enough gold to cover the costs, with a few million to spare. This made that section boring as hell for me, because I knew every time to hit A and I would have enough money to cover it. Another problem is that the choices were too black or white. Seriously, my two options are to turn a building into a school or a brothel? Barely any choices between keeping a promise or making a choice that would directly benefit the defense of the kingdom?

There are plenty of reasons to complain about the ending, but I think comparing it to an MMO grind is unfair.

Sorry msteel, but I exactly got the point they were making (read my... 5th sentence in my spoiler) - my point is that I find the implementation of their "message" extremely poor, and completely incongruous with the pacing and atmosphere of the rest of the game.  That's why I compare it to an MMORPG grind - it reminds me of games like release AoC, WAR and WoW where they built the majority of the game one way (casual, fun, fast level pace, good storyline) - then somewhere in the middle of the game they for whatever reason (ran out of content?) change the rules, put a brick wall into the gameplay and dictate "thou shalt play this certain way to continue/finish the game."  What do I mean?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Nowhere in the main first portion of the game is money an issue, you are given the sense (at least I was) that it was totally optional whether to pursue real estate or buy all the extra stuff.  IF there was a hint that I should have been playing investor early on, I missed it.  So other than potions that I might need for adventuring, money and the jobs and real estate seemed to me like side/optional mini-games that I could choose to dabble in or not - which is exactly one of the reasons I loved the system, it was (or seemed to be) my choice.  Now clearly you didn't play the game the same way if you had millions to spare.  Presently I have about 10k and a debt to save the villagers around 7M.  I've finally bought some bigger properties, but that was only after allowing the one bad guy to live so I'd have some starter cash.  I can see what I need to do, wait for more cash, buy more properties, stall for more time as more cash comes in, fedex quest, etc. - but how is that not a grind?  How is that consistent with the adventurous "heroic" gameplay that the first part of the game led me through? 

And as you said, the moral choices are all pretty ridiculous if you are trying to roleplay a decent person/king, so the baseline debt is over 8.5M.  I can easily see a player who did not buy any real estate get to this point in the game and have 0 cash, since again, at no time do you ever seem to need it.

I'm annoyed because I know they could have handled it much better, to me it reeks of laziness (similar to MMORPG treadmills; wanna slow the player down?  Raise the xp requirements!).  They could have given you options to do advanced questing or fighting (add randomized dungeons or something to earn random treasure, that would have been cool) to help alleviate the issue.  Maybe certain quests would reduce the number substantially (yes I've done some main quests that have added back more cash, but it doesn't appear that's going to be anywhere near enough.)  Instead it sounds like you are essentially given one goal with limited methods to achieve it: make money to save everyone.  Any way you slice it, that's poor game design relative to the rest of the game.  I'm only this disappointed because I really really loved my time in the game prior to this, so it's a huge disappointment to hit this kind of a wall so unexpectedly.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 17, 2010, 07:52:06 AM »

Quote from: Travis on November 17, 2010, 02:35:56 AM

I'll probably do it to get the not knocked out achievement.  Looks like I can't get the Fashion Achievement without a gold account.

wait, you actually got knocked out?

<snicker>  Tongue

Because I can,
Travis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 17, 2010, 08:23:57 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 17, 2010, 07:52:06 AM

Quote from: Travis on November 17, 2010, 02:35:56 AM

wait, you actually got knocked out?

<snicker>  Tongue

I know.  A few times, to be honest.  I never use health potions and never change up my style in these games.  I don't know why.  I guess once I see it as "super easy" I kind of quit paying attention to the combat.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 22, 2010, 01:15:29 AM »

More bitchy whining from me, ignore it if you're not in the mood  icon_razz

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm still shocked and dismayed with the money thing.  I'm now just sitting around letting the game run, moving the cursor every now and then so it doesn't go to sleep, just so I can have money accumulate.  Ridiculous.  I went ahead and checked the guidebook and just by chance I happened to start doing this at the last possible chance.  Apparently at 121 days left to the end (which is where I started suspecting something wrong) you are supposed to have at least half the amount stored up in the treasury (3.25M).  Presently I'm at -1.65M, so I need to make about 5M total at least before I move on or I guess I "fail" at saving the kingdom.  My property value is prob worth around 1M so essentially I need to wait out about 4M more.  I did a few more quests and boosted my Lute Hero to Lv 5, but you really can't make much money doing that.  Quests are no guarantee to make any significant money, and nothing seems to scale up.  So it's all just about... waiting.

At this point I guess there's not much more to say, except I'm genuinely surprised there's not more of an uproar of complaints about this.  Am I the only one who got caught with his pants down (money wise) so to speak?  Was it simply obvious to everyone they needed to make a ton of money from the getgo?
Travis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 22, 2010, 03:01:56 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 22, 2010, 01:15:29 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm still shocked and dismayed with the money thing.  I'm now just sitting around letting the game run, moving the cursor every now and then so it doesn't go to sleep, just so I can have money accumulate.  Ridiculous.  I went ahead and checked the guidebook and just by chance I happened to start doing this at the last possible chance.  Apparently at 121 days left to the end (which is where I started suspecting something wrong) you are supposed to have at least half the amount stored up in the treasury (3.25M).  Presently I'm at -1.65M, so I need to make about 5M total at least before I move on or I guess I "fail" at saving the kingdom.  My property value is prob worth around 1M so essentially I need to wait out about 4M more.  I did a few more quests and boosted my Lute Hero to Lv 5, but you really can't make much money doing that.  Quests are no guarantee to make any significant money, and nothing seems to scale up.  So it's all just about... waiting.

At this point I guess there's not much more to say, except I'm genuinely surprised there's not more of an uproar of complaints about this.  Am I the only one who got caught with his pants down (money wise) so to speak?  Was it simply obvious to everyone they needed to make a ton of money from the getgo?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Not really.  I had the same thing happen.  I was lucky that I asked if I should buy houses or not.  Somewhere I saw that the game ends a little quickly, so I just stopped a few steps before the end and let the money build just as you are doing.  If I would have kept pressing as usual, I would have lost the kingdom as well.  I think it's lame, and I suspect they threw out a lot of content meant for the second part of the game to get it out the door.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 22, 2010, 06:00:11 AM »

Quote from: Travis on November 22, 2010, 03:01:56 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Not really.  I had the same thing happen.  I was lucky that I asked if I should buy houses or not.  Somewhere I saw that the game ends a little quickly, so I just stopped a few steps before the end and let the money build just as you are doing.  If I would have kept pressing as usual, I would have lost the kingdom as well.  I think it's lame, and I suspect they threw out a lot of content meant for the second part of the game to get it out the door.

Thank you!!!  Now I don't feel like I'm alone/insane anymore!!!!  Tongue
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 22, 2010, 07:01:56 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm still shocked and dismayed with the money thing.  I'm now just sitting around letting the game run, moving the cursor every now and then so it doesn't go to sleep, just so I can have money accumulate.  Ridiculous. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
You don't need to do that.  Some will consider it "cheating" but you can just plug in a wired guitar controller if you have one and sign in with it.  Your character will just spin in a circle and the game will stay active for as long as you need.  That way you can just go to sleep and come back to a pile of cash. 

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Travis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 22, 2010, 07:57:43 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 22, 2010, 06:00:11 AM

Thank you!!!  Now I don't feel like I'm alone/insane anymore!!!!  Tongue

All my complaining aside, I am playing through again as an evil female character to see what the game is like from that point of view.
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 22, 2010, 04:56:53 PM »

I'm holding off playing this for the time being after my character got auto-boosted to 5 stars in all categories while playing in multiplayer.  Considering that the game isn't that hard to begin with, I'd rather not become a superhero early on in the game.  I'll wait until they fix that bug.

On that note, does anyone have weapons/hair/other stuff that they'd like to trade.  I still haven't found a few hairstyles that I've read about, such as the bob and long hair styles.  Maybe they're at a store in your game and I could pick them up?
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 22, 2010, 09:55:11 PM »

Quote from: dangerballs on November 22, 2010, 07:01:56 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm still shocked and dismayed with the money thing.  I'm now just sitting around letting the game run, moving the cursor every now and then so it doesn't go to sleep, just so I can have money accumulate.  Ridiculous. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
You don't need to do that.  Some will consider it "cheating" but you can just plug in a wired guitar controller if you have one and sign in with it.  Your character will just spin in a circle and the game will stay active for as long as you need.  That way you can just go to sleep and come back to a pile of cash. 

LOL that is hilarious, thx for the tip!!!

Spoiler for Hiden:
Funnily enough, apparently I jacked up my prices too high so when I came back at some point yesterday all the citizens who loved me so much now hate me!  So after doing all the "good" choices for them and enduring 10 hours or so of waiting-esque "gameplay" now they are all pissed at me?  Argh!!!  Anyway I'm about 4M in counting my real estate, so I don't have too much longer to go, even if I want to save everyone.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 23, 2010, 05:32:05 PM »

I'm going to be grabbing the new DLC today if I can pull myself away from Brotherhood.

Because I can,
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 24, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »

I've grabbed the DLC.  Ceekay, do you have the "Long Hair" hairstyle, or the Bob?
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 24, 2010, 10:13:20 PM »

I picked this up when it came out but since I had Fallout New Vegas keeping me busy I haven't touched it yet. I'm planning on starting it this weekend. Any recommended DLC I should get before I start the game?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 24, 2010, 10:21:16 PM »

Quote from: Fez on November 24, 2010, 04:56:50 PM

I've grabbed the DLC.  Ceekay, do you have the "Long Hair" hairstyle, or the Bob?

I'll have to check.  I didn't have a chance to fire up the 360 last night.

Because I can,
Travis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 25, 2010, 04:14:27 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 24, 2010, 10:13:20 PM

I picked this up when it came out but since I had Fallout New Vegas keeping me busy I haven't touched it yet. I'm planning on starting it this weekend. Any recommended DLC I should get before I start the game?

So far all of the reviews I have read said to skip the DLC (even the new bit) as it's not worth it.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 25, 2010, 04:26:05 AM »

Quote from: Travis on November 25, 2010, 04:14:27 AM

Quote from: jztemple2 on November 24, 2010, 10:13:20 PM

So far all of the reviews I have read said to skip the DLC (even the new bit) as it's not worth it.

Wow, you aren't kidding. IGN reviewed the new Understone DLC and gave it 4.5/10.
Twenty-two minutes.

That's how long it took me to complete the new mission in the first Fable III downloadable extra: Understone Quest Pack. (I even timed it with my iPhone stopwatch.) And even at a discounted price of 400 points and the inclusion of two minigames as well as some free weapons, that is a both tremendous disappointment and a poor deal.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: