http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 08:43:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How would you rate the Lego Star Wars II for 360 ?
10    - Flawless execution; any issues are inconsequential - 2 (14.3%)
9      - Excellent overall with some quirks - 10 (71.4%)
8      - Terrific game with some problems that keep it from shining - 1 (7.1%)
7      - Solid game, but needs work. Not for all gamers - 0 (0%)
6      - Guilty pleasure, for most the problems may stand in the way of the good - 0 (0%)
5      - Gotta be hardcore into this game type to like it - 1 (7.1%)
1-4  - You GOTTA be kidding me. Ellen Pompeo is better than THIS! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F.U.R. : Lego Star Wars II [360]  (Read 1343 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »

Here's the rules for this thread folks : This is my attempt at creating a quantifiable to describe the forum effect. Your votes are not locked in; if there is a big smelly turd in the Boston Creme donut you bought, you can

change it(KoTOR2, I'z lookin atchoo). This means the numbers may fluctuate and actually create an overall "current" impression of a game without being just a simple review time-slice that sits unchallenged over the

digital ages.

I WANT :
- people to vote if they have played the game to any significant time (2 hour minimum, please).
- people to make brief comments if they've voted and wanted to point out their good/bad points. (not mandatory)
- people to dispute those points in this thread if they want to.
- people to come back and change (for better or worse) their rating of the game if they see fit to do so.
- people who are looking to buy the game to be able to see this and help them decide
- to be able to come up with another line I can start with "People"  icon_lol

I DONT WANT :
- demo reviews; that's not final code. Unless the title specifies otherwise, retail product only.
- bogus reviews. If you haven't played it, don't vote.
- Fanboy review effects. Fanboys can vote if they meet criteria, but I don't want a hater* to skew results.
- this to turn into a help / spoiler thread.

*People are putting their cash down on these games; if you hate Sony/Nintendo/MS/DeveloperX/PublisherY, WTF does that have to do with the game?

For the reply to topics, I'd be looking for:

Example in Purge's pathetic little mind:
I gave PS3's Eruption at Pompeo an 8, here's why:
+ Plays like a dream
+ Doesn't have shots of Chris Farley or Chris Rattan in it.
+ Has Ellen Pompeo's body in it.

- Controls aren't "Hands on"
- She's dressed
- Has Ellen Pompeo's face in it.
- Ellen has speaking roles

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 07:28:05 PM »

i gave it a 9,i am up to the last level in empire,but still enjoying it,the puzzles(for me)are spot on with the difficulty level....only quirk i have is the camera in the game,because you havent got free reign over it,you can sometimes fall into unknown/unseen pits....my running time at the moment is 6 hours,so its a decent length for this type of game seen as though i still have a third of the story to do,then all the unlockable stuff

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 12:26:25 AM »

Anyone else running this on a non-widescreen monitor with the VGA cable?  The aspect ratio is all fubar for me and won't adjust.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 12:42:16 AM »

10/10, 2 thumbs up, 5 stars.  Simply awesome - a bigger, better version of the first game.  It has its quirks, but the fun factor so far outweighs any nitpicks I have.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 04:22:06 AM »

I'd give it a 9.  It does have some camera issues and the vehicle controls takes some getting used to (I just started the first vehicle-only mission), but it is just so much fun that it isn't bothering me at all.

And I think it's now harder to collect the majority of the collectibles on the first run in story mode, so lots of replay value.

If you enjoyed the first one, definitely pick this up.

Too bad there won't be a lego star wars 3...maybe they can do a lego star trek.  It'd be cool to see the enterprise in Lego form.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 04:49:36 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on September 15, 2006, 12:26:25 AM

Anyone else running this on a non-widescreen monitor with the VGA cable?  The aspect ratio is all fubar for me and won't adjust.

Yes and yes.  This is pretty annoying and it's not the first game I've seen have problems with the VGA adapter.  What is funny is that with my old XBox and the third party xVGA adapter I never had any problems at all, but of course that was before the proliferation of widescreens.  You would think something like this should have been caught easily in QA testing. 

Quote from: lex on September 15, 2006, 04:22:06 AM

Too bad there won't be a lego star wars 3...maybe they can do a lego star trek.  It'd be cool to see the enterprise in Lego form.

Supposedly they are working on LEGO Batman, which I think could be totally fucking awesome. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 12:04:12 PM »

Great game, 10/10 for fun.  I won't ever touch the first game and its crappy characters/episodes.  Who wants to fight the stupid robot droids anyway?

The vehicle controls do take time though, especially the little vehicle in the death star.  Also had a slight issue with Han continuously running into a wall which was odd.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 04:12:55 PM »

Love the game.  The co-op is very fun.  However, the camera issues are extremely annoying at times.  I'm not talking about being able to see what you're doing issues, I'm talking about one player getting a bit above/away from the other, and the camera promptly locking the second player into a corner, or dragging them into a pit/water/etc. over and over again.  It also leads to some instances where it is nearly impossible to make a jump if both players are in the game.  More than once one of us had to drop out of the game long enough for the other to make a simple jump.

That said, the game is well worth the money.  The quality, humor, and fun of the rest of the game just serve to highlight the few minor annoyances.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go get some more mini-parts.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 01:44:25 AM »

Quote from: Scott on September 15, 2006, 12:04:12 PM

The vehicle controls do take time though, especially the little vehicle in the death star.  Also had a slight issue with Han continuously running into a wall which was odd.

I'm finding that for some 2-character puzzles (ie, flipping two switches at the same time), the AI controlled character can be ditzy and not know what you want it to do.  I'm finding myself having to take control of the second character with the second controller and manually move it to where I want.

But this is still extremely fun, I just went from the middle of Ep 4 to the end of Ep 5 in one sitting.... thumbsup

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 12:54:50 PM »

Picked this up last night to play with my kid and we had a blast.  We were laughing our asses off at some of the stuff in the cutscenes and as a Star Wars nerd, I truly love it.  Definitely worth $50 for me to have such a fun time with my son last night.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 05:33:38 PM »

I'm not ready to give it a rating yet, but I'm having a good time with it.  The levels are much larger and longer then in the previous version, and the game itself seems harder (the puzzles).  Really, the first game didn't have much in the way of puzzles, so it doesn't take much, but still..I've already had a couple of moments where I was in a room completely devoid of enemies and was wondering what I was supposed to do to advance.  Usually, if you backtrack a little and are observant, you can figure it out.  Or, in my particular case (Episode VI, first mission), if you think about the movie, you can figure out what you're supposed to do.

I like that the game unlocks all 3 movies as soon as you complete the first level.

I like the humor.

I like the drop-in, drop-out feature.

Lightsabers are way underpowered.  Why am I swinging and swinging and the guy in front of me (who is not a jedi or sith..just a plain old grunt) just ducking under my lightsaber.  Force choke is powerful and fun though (though why Luke gets to use that is again a real question).

So far, I'm pleased with it.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: