http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 08:50:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F.E.A.R. Beta  (Read 1306 times)
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2005, 08:17:45 AM »

So I downloaded the multiplayer beta for this game and it seems that they have quite a bit of work to do on the muti-player side of things.

The netcode is poor, the weapons need some SERIOUS balancing and the game just doesn't look all that great.  I mean, for a game that chokes the hell out of my machine, it really doesn't impress.  Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 not only look more impressive, but run smoother.  

This title is quite a ways off (supposedly out late fall/early summer) but has quite a ways to go before I'd consider laying down my money.

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
Beer Goggles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 04:06:27 PM »

I was surprise too that a demo was released when I heard the the release date would be late this year or next year.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 04:09:26 PM »

That's a shame to hear, because my desire for this title is well known. Considering that it's still a little ways off, I retain hope for it but if the final game is buggy as hell then I'm going to be fairly unhappy.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 06:07:43 PM »

Never was excited about the multi-player part of the game. I really thought it'd be single-player only, so I was surprised there was multi-player included with the game. Now, is said multi-player co-op or deathmatch? Because deathmatch is really old. If it is co-op then I can see a valid complaint, but who the hell cares about some deathmatch multiplayer? Isn't the single player what matters for a horror game?

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 07:48:08 PM »

Still looking forward to this. Not too worried since release is quite a ways off. The last 1% of a game is always the toughest, and where the polish is applied.
angrycoder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 08:13:02 PM »

I am really looking forward to the single player aspect of F.E.A.R.

If Raven can pull off a great multiplayer version I will send them an extra hundred bucks. Soldier of Fortune 2's multi was outstanding, the only game I logged more online hours with was the original Quake. It was truely an underplayed gem.
Qbert
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 01:47:21 AM »

beta is for testing...but maybe they will need muchhhhh more time.
where can I get the beta?

jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 08:26:40 AM »

the beta was available to fileplanet subscribers in limited amounts over thurs, fri and saturday of last week.  it was seriously luck of the draw who got in and didn't.

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 04:47:32 PM »

IN!

And yeah, the multiplayer maps feel very "cardboard cutout" ATM... since it's nowhere near release this isn't going to be final product. Have you run the performance test? That looks AWESOME (and I presume that it is a rendered cutscene from the game).

I hate creepy music and little girl demons. They scare the crap outta me.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 05:22:58 PM »

Quote from: "angrycoder"
I am really looking forward to the single player aspect of F.E.A.R.

If Raven can pull off a great multiplayer version I will send them an extra hundred bucks. Soldier of Fortune 2's multi was outstanding, the only game I logged more online hours with was the original Quake. It was truely an underplayed gem.

Monolith is the developer.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 07:43:33 AM »

Yep, considering Monolith is the developer, I'm not surprised that the netcode is bad.  They were never very good at netcode.

However, to make up for that, their single player games are usually top notch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: