http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 12:11:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EU III Query - Save game issue? (now strategy requests as well)  (Read 956 times)
Arnir
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2008, 04:07:29 AM »

Can someone remind me if there is a bug with EUIII and loading save games?  I think there was a thread about this on OO before it crashed.  I just got Napoleon's Ambition and have gone back to playing EUIII and it looks to me like my games are messed up after loading.  I surfed the Paradox boards but they are such a mess when trying to find anything that isn't discussed in the last day or so.

Thanks in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 03:21:51 AM by Arnir » Logged

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 03:15:54 PM »

I was playing EU3 again a bit before Rome came out and it seemed fine.  What kind of issues are you seeing?

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
tgb1.1
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 03:57:49 PM »

I think arnir is actually thinking of the save game bug in Deus Vult.

"My performance in Postal as 'Nazi Theme Park Owner' outperforms easily Ben Kingsley in Schindler's List!" - Uwe Boll
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 06:24:59 PM »

Quote from: tgb1.1 on April 18, 2008, 03:57:49 PM

I think arnir is actually thinking of the save game bug in Deus Vult.
Exactly!  I knew it was one of the Paradox games.  I used to play DV a lot but haven't lately.
It just seemed like my nation was far less powerful after loading than before saving, but I think that was because I wasn't really paying attention.  I was going to check the OO thread to see if it was EU before I spent much time on it and then OO went adios.
Thanks for the responses, folks.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 06:48:52 PM »

There was a bug with the beta patch for DV that caused a lot of nations relations to jump up everytime you loaded a new game, but they actually just a few days ago relased a new beta patch that fixes that bug:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331766

The file on the very bottom should be the only one you need.

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 08:23:35 PM »

While we've got an EU3 thread going, I desperately need help with the game. I suck. Is there a good strategy guide online somewhere I can read? Something like the Civ4 Fanatics' forum War Academy or the like.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 11:43:01 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on April 18, 2008, 08:23:35 PM

While we've got an EU3 thread going, I desperately need help with the game. I suck. Is there a good strategy guide online somewhere I can read? Something like the Civ4 Fanatics' forum War Academy or the like.

Me too.  I usually start out as Portugal or Castille and build colonies after getting the Quest for the New World national idea.  I can do that, but my rankings in the game plummet like crazy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: