http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 12:47:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN CG Football League. Week 5 Has Begun !!!  (Read 2064 times)
denoginizer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2004, 06:25:19 AM »

Good job getting the games in boys.

The deadline for week 5 is Tuesday Nov 2nd.  Please vote for the week 4 player of the week at the League site.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 05:59:47 PM »

Excellent biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 06:31:48 PM »

Hey Devil!

Check the message board on the league page.  smile

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 02:48:41 AM »

Good God, what a beating!!!

I need a LOT of help on D!

Whoever is playing me next week - just throw!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 12:42:26 PM »

Oh!!!

Please post a link to the league page in this thread.

I have got to read what's been going on in the CG League.

Is Devil getting spanked repeatedly?

If so, even more reason to keep up with things.

LD   Tongue

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 03:05:45 PM »

This should make you smile, Ponch:

Just run everyone deep and they'll go un-covered...

PASSING
NAME      CP/AT YDS AVG TD INT
T. Green  12/22  466 21.2  7    0

RECEIVING
NAME            REC YDS AVG LNG TD
T. Gonzalez     5   170  34.0  68    4
E. Kennison     2   100  50.0  75    1  
D. Hall            2    91   45.5  76    1
M. Boerigter    1    60   60.0  60    0
R. Smith         1    28   28.0  28    1
J. Morton        1    17   17.0  17    0

Team            12  466   38.8  76    7

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 03:25:55 PM »

I'm  :lol: so hard, I am almost  crybaby .

You did tell everyone if they wanted to beat you, all they had to do was pass.  

See Devil - People DO listen to you!!!!

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 03:40:15 PM »

I told you what happens to Philly in this game. RUN GUYS DEEP!!!

I'm starting to think my best D might "Punt Return" - At least that way I'll have someone back there to make the tackle!!

Mike could have made it worse too - He started running the ball in the 4th quarter and killing the clock. I wish he had his headset on so I could tell him to keep it going!

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »

Stiffler, check out the message board also.

Wed. night around 10:15 - 10:30 EST is probably best for me.  Tomorrow night I'll be busy watching the election.  

I might could play tonight around 10:30 EST if you're up to it.  Let me know ASAP!  [smile]

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 09:40:02 PM »

Actually, I did have my mic on.  I never heard anything while I had it on, so I thought you weren't there and unplugged it.  I quit throwing because I was afraid I might piss you off if I threw it more.  Tongue

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 11:38:37 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"
Stiffler, check out the message board also.

Wed. night around 10:15 - 10:30 EST is probably best for me.  Tomorrow night I'll be busy watching the election.  

I might could play tonight around 10:30 EST if you're up to it.  Let me know ASAP!  [smile]

I responded on the board.  I am a bit curious whether we can play tonight since the week doesn't end until Nov. 2.  Let me know here or there.  If we can I would like to get our game in tonight.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 03:22:04 AM »

Heya stiff, I don't know if we can play or not.  I would like to as well if we can.  If you want, we could meet in the lobby in about 20 minutes and see.  Let me know.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2004, 03:23:10 AM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"
Heya stiff, I don't know if we can play or not.  I would like to as well if we can.  If you want, we could meet in the lobby in about 20 minutes and see.  Let me know.

Well, it's almost 10:30 as you specified.  I will turn it on in a moment and wait around until 10:45 or so.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2004, 03:35:18 AM »

I looked at the league, and there is one game left to be played.  They have until 11/4 to play it so that the week can be advanced.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 03:45:37 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
I looked at the league, and there is one game left to be played.  They have until 11/4 to play it so that the week can be advanced.

Well, heck, I will still be on in 1 minute if you want to play a non-league game.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2004, 04:10:19 AM »

Actually, I did have my mic on. I never heard anything while I had it on, so I thought you weren't there and unplugged it. I quit throwing because I was afraid I might piss you off if I threw it more.  

That's weird - I kept doing the whole "hello?" thing through the first quarter and still chimed in a few times throught the game. Too bad.

There is barely any chance of me ever getting pissed in one of these games with you guys. Not that big a deal. I'm having just as much fun watching you guys rack up yards as you are racking them up!!

Did you notice anything (besides nobody covering anyone) that I should work on defensively? I used EVERY formation and even went almost exclusively Dime (man and zone) from the second quarter on. Didn't seem to matter.  biggrin

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2004, 04:51:33 AM »

I think that voice is sometime disabled in league games in order to maximize bandwith.  You can go to online options to turn it on once the game starts.

Devil.

I'm no expert, but I will try to give you a few tips on stopping the pass.

-Don't control a lineman.  I know it takes time to get used to using a safety or LB, but it is worth it.  If not then the other guy is basically playing against the computer when he passes.

-Use defensive hot routes.  You have Brian Dawkins.  I would have used him to double Gonzalez at least half of the time.  

-Set defensive matchups before the game.  If you play alot of man coverage, you should man up your best corner on the other guy's best reciever.

-Use Zone/Man Mix plays.  I like to play cover 3 zone and then man up the guys in short zones.  It can really confuse your opponent.

-I like to shade my Dbs inside when in man coverage.  This helps against slants and also Dbs seem to cover the deep ball better when shaded inside.  

-If the offense goes to an empty backfield.  Blitz.  If there is no running back to pick up a blitzing safety, you will have a free shot at the QB.

-When in man coverage try to use plays wchi have 2 deep safeties.  This will really help against the deep ball.  If you are playing man-to-man, and you don't have 2 guys deep, then you better get pressure (blitz !!!), because most of the DBs will be one-on-one.

-You can have your DB attempt to intercept or knock down the pass without switching to him by pressing Y or the black button just as the ball gets to them.  You don't have to be in controll of the DB to do this.

I hope some of this helps.  
The DB AI really took a step back in 2K5.  If they could have 2K4's passing game and 2K5's running game, then this game would be perfect.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2004, 01:04:43 PM »

Ahhhh.... forget everything Denog. just said Devil.

You want to improve your passing defense?

Turn off your TV when playing defense

You have proven numerous times you play better when you have no clue what you're doing!

What's that?

Oh, you're welcome.  

No really, you're welcome.  No problem.

Always here to help.

LD  Tongue

LD

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2004, 03:41:47 PM »

Denog - Thanks for the tips, I've tried everything but maybe just not the right combo.

-I doubled Gonzo with Dawkins

-I played deep zones

-I moved from lineman to linebacker to Dawkins in who I was controlling

-I played man

The thing that I keep seeing over and over again is that, on every play, there is one WR/TE running 3 steps behind my deepest man. If you have time to see it (like Mike did) all you have to do is throw it out there and you have a TD.  He averaged about 40 yards per catch - FORTY!!! No matter what I called there was a guy deeper than my deepest guy.

I might switch to punt block or use Poncho's advice - It worked for tennis! :wink:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: