http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 04:39:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN 2K5 League [Serious Players Only] - Team request  (Read 16878 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2004, 02:35:14 PM »

Now that we all know how freaking sweet the league feature in ESPN 2K5 is, I figured we should start one.

I would like the Titans of course, and Hetz wants the packers.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 02:44:10 PM »

Yep, I'm in!

Packers for me.

Oh and my Live Tag is: Wakky

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 02:56:51 PM »

I would like the Bills.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 03:00:33 PM »

I lay claim to the Chiefs, but I might switch that to the Redskins, after seeing which team I prefer to use once I get the game!  ONE MORE DAY!!!  Thanks for the birthday present, Sega.

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 03:04:20 PM »

I'll take the Panthers!

If last year on the PS2 was any indication, this online league stuff kicks some serious booty. I can't wait!
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 03:18:47 PM »

I should probably claim the Raiders for Lockdown.

Raiders for Lockdown (temporarily at least)

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 03:30:45 PM »

Is it possible for two members of the league to live in the same house? If need be, we can just play our head-to-head games offline and then have the loser forfeit. If so, I'll be in also. My bastard brother already took the Panters, so I guess I'll take the Vikings. If someone else wants them though (as in, they've always been your favorite team), I don't mind taking some other team (preferably the Ravens or the Falcons).
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 03:41:03 PM »

Tempted... but I already have my Madden online PC league, so I'll be sticking with that.  Good luck to you all though smile

gellar
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 03:58:25 PM »

Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"
Is it possible for two members of the league to live in the same house? If need be, we can just play our head-to-head games offline and then have the loser forfeit. If so, I'll be in also. My bastard brother already took the Panters, so I guess I'll take the Vikings. If someone else wants them though (as in, they've always been your favorite team), I don't mind taking some other team (preferably the Ravens or the Falcons).

You unfortunately must have separate Live! accounts, and the games must be played online.  Their system keeps up with it, not us so it isn't at all possible.  

Sorry frown

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 04:36:59 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"

You unfortunately must have separate Live! accounts, and the games must be played online.  Their system keeps up with it, not us so it isn't at all possible.  

Sorry frown

Last year, Ralph and I encountered the same problem in the PS2 league. What we ended up doing was playing off-line in our head-to-head matchup and then told the administrator of our league who won. Apparently, he had the ability to assign forfeits, so he just gave a forfeit to the one of us who lost and a win to the one who won.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 04:46:59 PM »

The only problem I would see is messing up the stats tracking.  Not to be a stats whore, but goodness the league website is incredible!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2004, 05:10:58 PM »

I would like the rams please.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 05:11:23 PM »

I am all over this.

This whole league thing is just way too cool NOT to be committed!

Thanks Eco!

.  .  .  .

Can you guys hear that?

Listen closely...

Hear it?

The Raider Nation is beginning to stir......

Cool

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2004, 06:10:18 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Caveman"
Quote from: "Eco-Logic"

Sorry frown

Last year, Ralph and I encountered the same problem in the PS2 league. What we ended up doing was playing off-line in our head-to-head matchup and then told the administrator of our league who won. Apparently, he had the ability to assign forfeits, so he just gave a forfeit to the one of us who lost and a win to the one who won.

If that is possible, I would be more than happy to do it.

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2004, 06:30:32 PM »

Thanks, Eco. That would rock.

Have you noticed if the administrator is allowed to set the league schedule? If so, then the easiest solution would be to just make it so Raplh and I don't play in a head-to-head matchup.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2004, 07:03:22 PM »

Or, if unlike last year's PS2 leagues, the season schedule follows the actual NFL season, I could just take a team that doesn't play the Panthers this year.
altair27
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2004, 07:20:39 PM »

I would love to play. If the Texans aren't taken, Ill take them.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2004, 07:50:50 PM »

Okay, sign me up.  I'll take the Atlanta Falcons.

I can't wait!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2004, 08:14:58 PM »

I just got a lot of money - thinking about getting an XBOX to play with you guys...SHOULD I DO IT!?!?!?

TheMissingLink on PSN
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2004, 08:30:38 PM »

And I'm off to get a used Xbox right now.  When will the league be starting?  I won't have a usuable internet connection July 30th - August 20th so if that conflicts...

*edit* and if it doesn't conflict, I'd like the Patriots biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2004, 08:34:46 PM »

Bah fuck it... if this thing actually gets off the ground and you guys can handle a PST player who works late because he's retarded, please sign me up.

I'll take Detroit for this league.

gellar
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2004, 09:08:36 PM »

So gellar, what lured you in?

Was it the hype or just our charming personalities?    biggrin

-  -  -  -

Eco - Regarding when to start...  My advice (and this is only advice) would be to let everyone get their feet wet with the game.  After all, there is always a chance a few people won't like the way it plays, and will then be very uncommitted to the league, something we can't afford.   If people have time to play and evaluate the game, and then decide to "back out", it won't hurt the league at all, cause we will have waited to actually start it.

Just a suggestion.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2004, 09:41:20 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
So gellar, what lured you in?

Was it the hype or just our charming personalities?    biggrin

The fact that I can pwn you all with meager Detroit slywink

gellar
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2004, 09:44:20 PM »

I agree Lockdown.

Question, do we still want to do the tournament as well?  I for one would like too, however, I understand if that would be too much for some people.  Let me know.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2004, 10:35:01 PM »

I'm thinking maybe we should do both, considering not everyone will want to commit to an entire season.  Some people want to play online against people they know, but they don't have the time for a full blown league.  

Maybe that is where a tournament comes in.

Just my thoughts.

LD

LD

Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2004, 03:26:21 AM »

All right.  I give.

Jacksonville Jaguars for me, please.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2004, 04:29:29 AM »

Ok, i took the 49ers on the bracket one, On this league I want to have a chance, should I be mean and pick the Eagles ?  Tongue    

If devil isn't in, I'll take the Eagles, if not, I'll take the Seahawks.  I probably won't have Internet access till tomorrow afternoon, so if it's a problem taking the eagles, put me down for the Hawks
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2004, 04:30:26 AM »

How long is the braket going to take?  I say we wait till after that, or maybe start a few weeks after that
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2004, 05:06:40 AM »

Oh well shit, if Ken's taking the Seachickens, I'll be more than happy to take the Niners and pwn you all with the WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.  IMAGINE THE HUMILIATION.

gellar
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2004, 09:20:35 AM »

Ken - If TML hadn't already claimed the Patriots, I know Devil would be happy taking them.  But that option is out.

Honestly, he may decide he doesn't want to commit to a long season anyway, who knows.

But to be safe, you guys should reserve the Eagles for him, just in case.

It's actually nice being part of a community where we know (for the most part) the teams all the regulars like.

LD

LD

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2004, 12:27:51 PM »

K, Eagles down for Devil.  He is on vacation afterall, so it's only fair.

I think we might should start the league after the tournament as well.  What do you all think?

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2004, 12:39:40 PM »

Alrighty, I'm here.

I'm in, and will take the Miami Dolphins.  I'm psyched for another 2-12 season like in Madden last year! woot!

Q: if we use the forfeit plan, won't that screw up league stats?

edit: in this board's settings -- what GMT zone should I pick for U.S. EDT?
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2004, 01:47:59 PM »

Geez...you guys start up a league while I'm out of town and my team is gone...d'oh!

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2004, 02:01:28 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
Geez...you guys start up a league while I'm out of town and my team is gone...d'oh!

Loren -

It's actually kind of funny you said that, cause I was thinking of you when Eco posted, and thought to myself, "hmmm... I am surprised AF hasn't claimed the Vikes."  I just figured you didn't want to commit to a long season.

LD

LD

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2004, 02:02:41 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"

Ah, that does suck Loren.  I also thought you jjust weren't interested in the league.

Grab another team though smile

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2004, 02:04:59 PM »

Nah, I would probably be interested in it...I don't see a lot of games coming out after these football games.  Yeah, I was out of town and not near a computer until this morning...oh well.

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2004, 02:09:55 PM »

Oh wait, I see Ralph-Wiggum talking about if another person wanted the Vikings that he may go with another team.  I'd be interested in them, they are my home team (and I've lived here all my life, so I've been a Vikings/Twins fan all my life) and I think others can vouch for the fact that they are the only team I pick in these types of situations.

The only time I switch teams is if someone goes, "Oh, you're picking the Vikings, they have some cheapass plays" or something along those lines, then I go to some other team.

When is the league starting?  Same time as the tournament?

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2004, 02:24:49 PM »

Ralph, is that ok with you?  If so, you grab another team smile

Loren, I don't know when we should start it.  I kind of think we should wait till after the tournament.  Then the tournament can kind of be a pre-season tournament of sorts.  I'm open to whatever though.

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2004, 02:31:56 PM »

I don't care, more so I can plan stuff out biggrin

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2004, 03:04:12 PM »

That's not a problem. I'll take the Ravens and try to win some games with the worst QB in the league....   :lol:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: