http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 09:43:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN 2k5 god I suck  (Read 2902 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2004, 08:44:26 PM »

I can't play this game for shite. Period. I've had my butt handed to me consistently. Is it normal in the game for receivers to make every catch in Double and Triple Coverage?

I, for some stupid reason, challenged the Number 1 player, to see if I could learn anything, but I was pretty dissapointed to see him run the same four or five plays over and just hit crazy assed passed in double coverage. On top of that, anytime I had a solid stop going on he'd just roll mcnair out and run for the first down. I had several people play this way. Not my cup of tea to be honest.

Hell do  you think Brunell would roll out everytime the skins had a 3 and 10? No.

I don't know if I like the game at all right now. Looking forward to playing with some GGer's but right now I just don't think I am up for playing the general public.

I've got 2 quits now and 1 disconnect. Both quits were honest to god forfeits, as I was getting it handed to me. The disconnect was in pure disgust as I watched this guy with the bills do some crazy retarded stuff. There's no way to practice for playing some of these people as they've learned everything that can possibly be done in the game, and they're good at exploiting it.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 08:51:41 PM »

play with us. we don't cheese, and most of us are average players  at best.  :lol:
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 09:10:34 PM »

No doubt!  Interest beats skill here, that's for sure.  

I'm sorry I couldn't play that game yesterday, T, but I'm happy to meet up in the future.

I suffered through a 28-3 drubbing this morning from some jackass who switched teams after I had readied up and then started showboating halffway through the game.  What a putz.

In other news, I played Lockdown's VIP and failed to make a single reception in the first half.  Bad luck or lack of skillz?  You decide!
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 01:09:59 PM »

I finally beat someone, sorta... I switched teams to the Bengals, and I actually could play defense. Having a decent secondary doesn't hurt.

Anyways, he was the Panthers and I was able to build a 21-10 lead into the third quarter. I forced a 3 and out and instead of punting he quit. Forfeit to me!!

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 07:03:14 PM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
I finally beat someone, sorta... I switched teams to the Bengals, and I actually could play defense. Having a decent secondary doesn't hurt.

Anyways, he was the Panthers and I was able to build a 21-10 lead into the third quarter. I forced a 3 and out and instead of punting he quit. Forfeit to me!!

That sort of sucks frown  Stupid quitters.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 01:56:44 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Quote from: "Tebunker"

That sort of sucks frown  Stupid quitters.

It will suck for a few weeks until you start to recognize the quitters.  It keeps track so that should help avoid them.  You can also leave negative feedback.

It doesn't appear too easy to just create a new account.  Too many hoops with Live to make it practical (I hope).

What are the differences between "quits" and "drops" besides the obvious?  Can't you just turn off the Xbox and get a drop rather than just up and quitting?  You could probably explain that a little better.  At least you got the win, Tebunker.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2004, 02:55:10 AM »

Quits when you go to main menu and quit.  Drop is like, when your connection just disappears, I guess.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2004, 03:47:47 PM »

what if someone goes as far as too pull out their internet cable....thats a drop, thats too bad, people can take advantage of that, they should be grouped together, i dont want to play with bad connection or a quitter myself.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2004, 04:42:56 PM »

I have a drop on my 11-6 record.  I really wanted to go without a drop...but my stupid power plug came loose and fell out one game!  Stinky!

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2004, 07:23:45 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
I have a drop on my 11-6 record.  I really wanted to go without a drop...but my stupid power plug came loose and fell out one game!  Stinky!

I was DOMINATING YOU!!! :lol:

I don't remember the score.  We were either tied or I was up, but I wasn't losing.  I got the win.  Maybe my last win against you ever. :twisted:

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 03:43:48 AM »

I've been doing OK against the CPU until tonight...

Just got torched by the Colts 55-14 had to hang in there for the VIP, Crib, Profile stuff because one of my TDs was an 85 yarder and the other was a 60 yard INT return and I didn't want to lose them.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2004, 06:57:37 AM »

Nobody can touch my level of ineptitude!  I don't think I'm that bad, rather my opponents are really good (keep telling yourself that).  Just like the real thing, I give up a couple big plays, fail to make any of my own, and the rest is history.  I could probably do better if I were not the Falcons, but they are my tourney team and I need the practice.  Their playbook is really terrible.

I'm starting to wonder if all the people clamoring to challenge me are just trying to juice their record! Tongue

Despite the mounting losses I am still loving this game.  It's just great to play with the good sports we have here.  I've only played online, so nothing to report as far as the computer pilling it on me.

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2004, 09:24:57 PM »

Stiff, if you want to cheese some wins with Vick against non-gonegolders I won't tell  Tongue  Go ahead, a few wins will make you feel good, but then you'll remember how you got them and feel inadequate again... still good fun nonetheless...

I've noticed that I play a lot better when I am not the chiefs.. go figure.

jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2004, 09:53:00 PM »

TML gives me a good run for the money, though I torched him pretty bad last night.  24 points in the first quarter...yowch.

Anyway, the key to winning is establishing that you're dangerous on offense early.  Be it running or passing, you need some big plays early.  Give them something to worry about.  

My advise would be to play single player vs the computer and find a few REALLY good plays...plays that you know inside & out...if this guy's not open it's because the safety came down to double which means that the other guy has 1 on 1 coverage...  that kind of stuff.  That way, you get in your opponant's head early and he has to worry about both the run and the pass at the same time....and no matter what you do, you can't do both smile  

Also, I think I was tipping run plays a bit by only putting receivers in motion when I run the ball.  I was making a consious effort to not do that last night.  It's kind of like poker in a way....you don't want to have any "tells."  

Anyway, I'll be on again tonight for a bit..if anyone wants a game, either IM me on msn/aim ([email protected]/jester1176) or find me on xbox live.

cheers!

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
Semaj

View Profile
lol
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 05:02:49 AM »

Been trying that... I have seen one ro two playtypes that are absolutely broken...

Hopefully they will be doing some bug fixes eventually... That and my utter hatred for someone catching a pass in the middle of 4 of my defenders.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 05:13:17 AM »

jessie, it was 28-0 at the end of the 1st quarter Tongue  You definitely went in with a gameplan and fuggin' whipped my booty.

I feel like I tip my runs off sometimes as well...I make a conscious effort to just not do the same stuff, but sometimes it's hard.  Jessie makes a great point though, he did establish the passing game early in the game, which made me paranoid...then he ran it and shredded my pass defense lol.  Seems like whenever I focused on the run, he went pass and vice-versa.  Keep 'em guessing, that's the best you can do.  And don't neglect weak side tosses/draws once in awhile.  Tricky tricky.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: