http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 05:16:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Empire Earth 2 Expansion due this week....anyone?  (Read 1001 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2632

Ironman in training


View Profile
« on: February 12, 2006, 08:00:45 PM »

I know alot of people didnt like it, but i've been playing for a couple months now and i'm really liking it.  I usually play skirmishes and enjoy it quite a bit.    

Anyone else gonna give it a shot?  I'm in.  Here's a list of things to look forward to in the expansion......

Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy, developed by Mad Doc® Software, expands the scope and depth of the addictive strategy gameplay with new content and modes in both single and multiplayer. New features in the expansion pack include:

* From the Pharaohs to Napoleon, relive mankind’s most legendary moments in three new globe-spanning campaigns.
* Control four new civilizations: the French, the Russians, and the Zulu and Maasai of the all-new African region.
* New gameplay modes, including “Tug-Of-War,” where players fight a persistent battle across up-to-nine maps
* New “Turning Point” battles, pitting players against one another at key moments in history, including Rorke’s Drift and the battle of Kursk
* Conquer, assimilate, or ally with Native Tribes for additional bonuses
* New battle systems and upgrades including Heroes, Control Group Warplans and Fealty
* New technological improvements, including advanced lighting effects, splash damage for thrown units, new animations for upgrades, voice-over-IP support and EAX enhanced sound effects
* Use the new Civilization Editor to create Custom Civilizations tailored for your play style
Logged

Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13895

President of G.R.O.S.S.


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 10:17:31 PM »

You know, I only ever tried the demo and I found it clunky and unwieldy. I know this was something of a cult hit with RTS fans, but it seemed to dissapear from store shelves quickly. I wonder if its worth trying.
Logged
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2632

Ironman in training


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 10:23:17 PM »

Well like alot of games, i didn't care much for the demo myself.  I actually played it for 2 weeks or more and only got it because i made a trade for it.  Knowing what i do now i'd definitely buy it again.

The graphics are getting a bit of an upgrade (which i think are fein anyhow) and alot of additions with the expansion.  I'm quite excited and look forward to seeing the changes this week.
Logged

Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13895

President of G.R.O.S.S.


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 10:52:16 PM »

Quote from: "Xmann"
Well like alot of games, i didn't care much for the demo myself.  I actually played it for 2 weeks or more and only got it because i made a trade for it.  Knowing what i do now i'd definitely buy it again.

The graphics are getting a bit of an upgrade (which i think are fein anyhow) and alot of additions with the expansion.  I'm quite excited and look forward to seeing the changes this week.


Ok cool, I might try the demo one more time.
Logged
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5488


I live in Japan


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 11:35:54 PM »

Quote from: "Xmann"
I know alot of people didnt like it, but i've been playing for a couple months now and i'm really liking it.  I usually play skirmishes and enjoy it quite a bit.    

Anyone else gonna give it a shot?  I'm in.  Here's a list of things to look forward to in the expansion......

Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy, developed by Mad Doc® Software, expands the scope and depth of the addictive strategy gameplay with new content and modes in both single and multiplayer. New features in the expansion pack include:

* From the Pharaohs to Napoleon, relive mankind’s most legendary moments in three new globe-spanning campaigns.
* Control four new civilizations: the French, the Russians, and the Zulu and Maasai of the all-new African region.
* New gameplay modes, including “Tug-Of-War,” where players fight a persistent battle across up-to-nine maps
* New “Turning Point” battles, pitting players against one another at key moments in history, including Rorke’s Drift and the battle of Kursk
* Conquer, assimilate, or ally with Native Tribes for additional bonuses
* New battle systems and upgrades including Heroes, Control Group Warplans and Fealty
* New technological improvements, including advanced lighting effects, splash damage for thrown units, new animations for upgrades, voice-over-IP support and EAX enhanced sound effects
* Use the new Civilization Editor to create Custom Civilizations tailored for your play style


You know what, now everytime I read a post like this I think "shill shill shill!!"

Damn Penny Arcade for making me so paranoid! smile
Logged
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4071


View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 11:41:26 PM »

Always wanted to try the Empire Earth series but I still remember the cheating AI in the first.  Did they bother to fix it?  I swear, the original EE was the only PC game at my local Target I was ever interested in, the EE gold special edition for $20.  I always picked it up and carried it around but the horror stories made me put it back.  Maybe I'll try EE2 some day.  It sure looks like fun but the bad press from the first scared me away.
Logged

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2632

Ironman in training


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 02:10:59 AM »

Never played the first and don't play too many rts games.  I also usually suck bigtime at strategy games, but i'm hooked with EE2.

I know alot of people dont like the complexity and the fact that theres alot of choices to make for each civ, but thats what i think is cool.  I also like the fact that in skirmishes you can change the settings to play stone age epochs all the way to mech's for units.

I'm still learning and still getting my butt kicked regularly by the AI, but theres so much to do and learn i'm sticking with it for the long haul.  The changes for the expansion has me excited.
Logged

Zekester
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2586



View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 03:33:51 AM »

I liked EE2 slightly more than EE.....of which i played a great deal of. At least single-player.

The graphic improvements were, for the most part, what made it a little better game.

But the "cheating" AI got on my nerves a bit too much. It was more of a "mirroring" AI than anything else, and I had to get most of my enjoyment out of the game by using cheats.

If you like a good challenge, you'd probably like these games. They are, afterall, just doing the same thing you are  :wink:

I may try the expansion.
Logged

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5593


LD


View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 12:55:20 PM »

I have nothing against Empire Earth II, and actually think it's pretty good all around.  I think it would be about 6 gazillion times better if it used companies or squads instead of individual units, but that's me.  

I have said from the beginning, this game's strongest (+) is the setup options for skirmish games.  There is nothing out there at this time that even comes close.  I hope the sequel is good, and I hope it gets good reviews, cause that may make me start playing again.  

The two big negatives for me were (1) Resource gathering with peons.  Although they have a very good mechanic in the game to help manage this, the bottom line is, you are still pushing peons.  (2) With huge armies on the map, not having true companies (squads) just sucks.  Control Groups just don't compare in my opinion.

Please keep us informed on what you think of the expansion though.  I may eventually check it out.
Logged

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 11755



View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 02:46:46 PM »

I liked the first EE but thats it..did'nt care for anything past that.
Logged

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3555


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 06:53:10 PM »

Going to save that money for the next Dawn of War expansion.

I'm still wondering how the hell Empire Earth 2 has such high system requirements (minumum of a 128mb video card?! and it's graphics LOOK LIKE THAT!) and yet it looks like something from 5 years ago.

Of course I gave up my empire earth 2 a few months back, could never get into it. To me it felt exactly like Empire Earth 1, which also wasn't that good.

However that new mode, what's it called again? Bitch mode or something? Where if you are getting killed that player can offer you a chance to become his bitch and then the money you make and all military units you make go to his control? So that way you're still in the game, but you're a servent if your life is spared.
Gotta admit that sounded kind of interesting, but not for $60+ since I'd need to get EE2 all over again.
Logged

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4071


View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 12:03:08 AM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
Going to save that money for the next Dawn of War expansion.


When it that due out?  Not for a long time I thought.  Anyway, from the little I've heard it sounds like they are pouring a lot into it.  A couple new races this time.  Between the two expansions it feels like a sequel.
Logged

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 47 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.017s, 2q)