http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 05:57:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Empire Deluxe Enhanced Edition  (Read 2464 times)
bimbo15
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2005, 12:29:00 AM »

Hi,

Just wanted to throw out that this is now available...the author has put a lot of work into it and there is a huge amount of customization available....old school graphics but first class gameplay.

** Go Beavs! **
bimbo15
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 12:29:37 AM »

Sorry,

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://killerbeesoftware.com/

** Go Beavs! **
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED
Gaming Trend Senior Member

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 12:45:39 AM »

Viral marketing works better when you have more than 15 posts.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 01:03:41 AM »

Give the guy a break.  It's a remake of a classic and it is pretty cool.  I was wondering why no one was mentioning it myself.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 06:13:14 AM »

Quote from: "Demosthenes"
Give the guy a break.  It's a remake of a classic and it is pretty cool.  I was wondering why no one was mentioning it myself.
Sorry, I guess I should have just warned a mod about the blatant soliciting instead of making a sarcastic comment about it.

As for you my good... uhm... bimbo... if this isn't an advertisement for the game, you might want to put a little more meat in your posts.

And if this is an ad for the game, then, well, you still need meat.  Tell us why the hell we should bother clicking this link if we don't know what "Empire Deluxe" is.  And hell, admit you're posting an ad.  Indie developers are more than welcome to bend the rules and are cherished (with the exception of one "Smart" fellow) in the communities they visit, as most saavy PC gamers realize they're often the last surviving innovators in an industry quickly moving away from art and into serialization.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 07:09:04 AM »

Hey LE, maybe you should look at the guys other posts, 2 of his 13 post are about Empire, the rest are about other games. He's a lurker that just wanted to share a game he likes.

Maybe he should whine and bitch about gaming more so he could have as many posts as you. :roll:
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 07:11:15 AM »

Actually I just got it myself.It's a lot of fun but it is kind of retro. I never played the original but I did play The Perfect General which they've made compatable for Win XP and I got also.

And no,I don't work for Killerbeesoftware.Just someone who happens to like those games.

Ye Olde Farte
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 02:26:37 PM »

No offense intended, but if you haven't played Empire, then you just ain't a grizzled vet of gaming.

Personally, I think I must have sunk as many hours into Empire as any other game but Civ, and I am pretty sure Civ was  Sid Meier improving on the concept.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 02:50:06 PM »

And no,I don't work for Killerbeesoftware.Just someone who happens to like those games.

Yeah right, I don't seem to recall seeing you around these parts very often

Maybe you need to explain to all of us why we should believe you?

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 02:54:23 PM »

I hope that's a joke, since he's got more posts than you do. slywink
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2005, 02:56:15 PM »

Zeke is.........special  :wink:

Ye Olde Farte
bimbo15
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2005, 05:58:08 PM »

WOW,

Yes, I'm a lurker.  Yes, I've been playing almost every computer and video game since the early 80's.    Yes, I'm OLD!  

I just didn't see any mention of EDEE so I thought I'd throw that out there for anyone who has played it in the past and would want to check it out, or for anyone else who values gameplay...

WOW, I guess I'll go back into lurker mode now...

seeya.

** Go Beavs! **
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2005, 06:03:52 PM »

ehh, don't let LE bother you  :wink:

Zeke is.........special  :wink:  

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
croman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2005, 06:09:04 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Viral marketing works better when you have more than 15 posts.

Just curious as to what happened to you to make you so bitter all of the time
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2005, 06:56:23 PM »

thanks for the heads up, bimbo15.  Empire was one of the very first strategy games i ever played on the computer.  i have years of fond memories surrounding it.   may have to check this out!

as for LE?  98% of the boards he posts to realize he's a troll and just ignore him.  join the majority!  :wink:

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2005, 09:56:35 PM »

I'm less of a troll and more of a person of strong opinions that doesn't like to tiptoe through the tulips to get to my point.

There are individuals who don't like this.  Then there are individuals who I simply have yet to agree with (hepcat) who also don't like my posting style.  They're generally the one who start bawling about a "troll."

Whether you agree with what I say or not, I've always provided evidence of my opinions and reasons for saying what I do.  A skeptic does not a troll make.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2005, 11:20:28 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
I've always provided evidence of my opinions and reasons for saying what I do.  

trust me, you don't need to provide evidence of your opinions....we're all painfully aware they exist....sometimes dozens of times a day.  :wink:

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2005, 11:38:18 PM »

I think the problem here is simply that -Lord Ebonstone- isn't one of those wishy-washy, flip-flopping liberals that suffers from such weakness of character that he has to rely on such antiquated notions as "common courtesy," "simple decency," or "basic maturity" to communicate with others.  Where some weak-kneed, namby-pamby liberals might see a raging asshole whose very presence in a thread tends to degenerate the conversation into a screaming match full of personal attacks and, quite often, racial epithets, any *real* American with a strong sense of moral righteousness and patriotic pride knows better.  -Lord Ebonstone-, like myself, has simply learned the lessons of Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter well: differences of opinion always stem from the other person's malice and stupidity, so why waste your time trying to reason with them?

It's painfully obvious that you all hate -Lord Ebonstone- for his freedom -- his freedom to take aggressive pre-emptive action against people like bimbo15 -- and all this liberal hand-wringing over so-called "civil discourse" makes me sick.

-Autistic Angel
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2005, 11:53:52 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
I think the problem here is simply that -Lord Ebonstone- isn't one of those wishy-washy, flip-flopping liberals that suffers from such weakness of character that he has to rely on such antiquated notions as "common courtesy," "simple decency," or "basic maturity" to communicate with others.  
-Autistic Angel

nope....i'm going with "parents didn't know the dangers of lead based paint until it was too late".

Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2005, 12:20:52 AM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
I think the problem here is simply that -Lord Ebonstone- isn't one of those wishy-washy, flip-flopping liberals that suffers from such weakness of character that he has to rely on such antiquated notions as "common courtesy," "simple decency," or "basic maturity" to communicate with others.  Where some weak-kneed, namby-pamby liberals might see a raging asshole whose very presence in a thread tends to degenerate the conversation into a screaming match full of personal attacks and, quite often, racial epithets, any *real* American with a strong sense of moral righteousness and patriotic pride knows better.  -Lord Ebonstone-, like myself, has simply learned the lessons of Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter well: differences of opinion always stem from the other person's malice and stupidity, so why waste your time trying to reason with them?

It's painfully obvious that you all hate -Lord Ebonstone- for his freedom -- his freedom to take aggressive pre-emptive action against people like bimbo15 -- and all this liberal hand-wringing over so-called "civil discourse" makes me sick.

-Autistic Angel

Absurd.  I hope you're being sarcastic.

Its pretty hard to get banned from most gaming forums...  :roll:

I think he's got a daily hostile post quota.  I hate clicking on an otherwise interesting thread to find it yet again polluted with bile and drek from the same keyboard everytime...  :evil:
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2005, 12:57:28 AM »

Another classic liberal response: feeling justified in defending yourselves just because -Lord Ebonstone- is strong and self-confident enough to use savage personal attacks to violently derail any thread that strikes him as uninteresting.  Considering what a Jesus-loving, patriotic, morally-right conservative he is, did it ever occur to you that he wouldn't launch such vile assaults if you weren't the opposite of all those things.  After all, if he loves God and America, and you're displeasing him, guess who you must love....

You may not agree with -Lord Ebonstone- -- you may even think he's a purile, small-minded, snarling lunatic who greatly diminshes the quality of any thread that catches his eye -- but at least you know where he stands.  That's what we conservatives call "strong core values," it's something that liberals don't get, and it's the reason why you're doomed to lose every election for the rest of eternity.

-Autistic Angel
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2005, 01:02:24 AM »

can i just point out that autistic angel also penned the line

The first season of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition was much, much better than the second

in this forum.

methinks we're missing the genesis of some decent satire, folks.

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2005, 01:46:06 AM »

Funny.......I dislike LE on these forums, but I am in no way shape or form a liberal  Tongue

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2005, 04:56:45 AM »

Funny Stuff.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2005, 05:34:45 AM »

There's no official stance (at least from what I can tell) about pimping out a site.  However let the mods deal with it if they seem it's a problem, rather than yourself LE.  I saw this post this morning and I the thought came to mind, but I let it go, because he has been here for a while and has contributed.

Also, lets do away with the personal attacks, no matter how indirect they are.

Sorry, I guess I should have just warned a mod about the blatant soliciting instead of making a sarcastic comment about it.

Yes you should have, but something tells me you enjoy these types of reactions...  History repeats itself as they say
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: