http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 06:20:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elemental: War of Magic  (Read 42631 times)
Huw the Poo
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: December 19, 2010, 10:32:39 AM »

Stardock have clearly been working hard; they're quietly fixing lots of issues that were upsetting players on release.

It appears that you're no longer gimping yourself by creating your own sovereign.  On the sov select screen I had a look at the pre-rolled ones and they don't have huge stats and all the spellbooks any more, so it's my guess that they've been made using the same rules as making your own sov.  Excellent.  Although I fail to see a good reason not to just take all four books and put everything into the intelligence stat, especially since you can quickly make up for other shortcomings with just a level or two of warfare research.  Perhaps I'm not seeing something.

The start of a (sandbox) game is now much more brutal.  Strategic spells are pretty easy to cast, but all but the lowest tactical spells demand a high intelligence stat.  The only way you're going to boost that is by taking your sov out into the wilderness, but of course that's going to be quite dangerous until you can cast the decent tactical spells.

At first, a global mana pool gives you an almost embarrassing abundance of mana; it's tempting to spam the Alchemy spell for a while, just creating gildar out of thin air.  However you soon realise, after researching some magic, that it's going to be in great demand in the mid-late game, and of course having more than one spellcaster will put an extra drain on it.  Not to mention maintaining enchantments.  The reason I have almost 200 mana in my current game is that I'm not using much of it and I'm gaining 3 or 4 mana per season.  However, having four (my maximum) enchantments active would put a serious dent in my mana gain.  So far the global mana pool has turned out to be a splendid idea.

In my current game I'm on a peninsula and I've been walled in by a neighbour's city.  I really need a few more cities to stabilise my economy so I laboured for 15 seasons to build a harbour...only to find that I need metal to build ships, and I don't have a source of metal.  That opens up a few options to me.  I could concentrate on the diplomacy research tree and start trading with my neighbour in the hope I'll get metal that way.  I could go adventuring and see what that turns up.  Hell, I could even use the Raise Land spell several times to build a land bridge to the next landmass!  It's an interesting, and fun, dilemma.  Situations like these are the reason I play 4X games.

I haven't seen much tactical combat yet so I can't really comment on it, but I will when I do.  Overall I would say I'm definitely enjoying Elemental, more so than before, and I hope it stays that way over the course of the game.  There's plenty more to it that I haven't even looked at yet.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 10:34:50 AM by Huw the Poo » Logged

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 05, 2011, 03:16:34 AM »

looks like they're bringing in some new blood formerly from Firaxis.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 09, 2011, 10:34:27 PM »

Fookinell.

There are still some niggling UI issues.  Nothing major, but somewhat irritating - like clicking 'build' from a 'city idle' screen won't show you its resources, so you have to come out, look at what you've got, then go back in to build something useful.  That kind of thing.  I'm shocked that they still exist to be honest.  But I was willing to live with that, as long as the actual game was good.

Now that I've completed a sandbox game I can finally comment on the AI.  I won't go into detail for now, but there are some serious issues here and they're game-breaking.  I was involved in an actually pretty decent war with a neighbouring kingdom.  I was way behind in tech and military might and they were doing a good job of harrying my outlying resources and occasionally attacked my cities too.  So far, so good.

Then the enemy sovereign himself decided to show up.  Unprotected.  He had something like 28 attack, 14 defence and an apparent unwillingness to use magic.  All I had to do was walk one of my elite units up to him, twat him about the head a couple of times, and the war was over, his kingdom completely destroyed.  A very hollow victory was mine.

Shelving it once again.  Let's see what the next so-called "AI patch" does.  icon_neutral

Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 09, 2011, 10:36:41 PM »

I'm waiting for the expansion myself. Don't see much point in playing the game, since it'll all change soon anyways, into what is hopefully better mechanics. Also, the AI has no idea how to use boats, meaning you can just set yourself up surround by water and have a safe haven.

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 09, 2011, 10:44:34 PM »

True, and players have no need of boats either.  Once you have a decent mana income the 'raise land' spell isn't expensive, and you can just build land bridges between islands.  I'd only consider boats if I had to cross a vast ocean, which I haven't yet seen in the game.

As for everything changing...well, there's only been one major game-changing patch since the August release so there's plenty of time to get some good gaming in between further changes.  Until I started becoming aware of all the silly AI issues - and despite the maddening UI issues - I was actually quite enjoying my latest game.  Magic is vastly improved on the early versions after release.

Steam profile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 11, 2011, 09:05:58 AM »

looks like the game isn't going to be profitable in the long run.   At least they're supporting it instead of cutting their losses like some other companies would.

Because I can,
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 11, 2011, 02:41:15 PM »

It can still make more money for Stardock. All Brad Wardell need to do is to go to Steam and negotiate a deal to distribute it through Steam so that it can reach more potential customers. smile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 11, 2011, 03:20:15 PM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on January 11, 2011, 02:41:15 PM

It can still make more money for Stardock. All Brad Wardell need to do is to go to Steam and negotiate a deal to distribute it through Steam so that it can reach more potential customers. smile

You do realize why that won't happen, right?

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 11, 2011, 03:45:40 PM »

Heh.  I think he was just taking the piss, Raz. slywink

Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 11, 2011, 05:14:01 PM »

Yeah, just wanted to be sure :-)

A new one
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #610 on: January 12, 2011, 01:54:09 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 11, 2011, 09:05:58 AM

looks like the game isn't going to be profitable in the long run.   At least they're supporting it instead of cutting their losses like some other companies would.

It would be better if they stuck to their own "manifesto" and actually didn't release the game until it was done.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 12, 2011, 02:51:36 AM »

Details on the expansion/stand alone sequel... err... whatever it officially is, can be found here:

http://forums.elementalgame.com/403846

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 12, 2011, 04:00:51 PM »

Bloody hell.  RPS have posted about the first expansion.  I've just been reading the comments on it.  Unbelievable.  Stardock are damned if they do, damned if they don't, it seems.  Whatever anyone may think of the state of Elemental at launch, it can only be a good thing that they're continuing to support it, as opposed to just abandoning it which a large number of publishers would do.

Did anyone here bother to register when RPS went logged-in-only for posting comments?  If so, kindly tell those other commenters to suck my hairy balls, please.  Ta!

Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 12, 2011, 04:07:03 PM »

Aye, I think its pretty awesome the after-release support they have decided to go with here - Kudos to Stardock for that!

And its shaping up very nicely...

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 12, 2011, 04:09:56 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on January 12, 2011, 04:07:03 PM

And its shaping up very nicely...

Yeah, it's definitely much improved.  The AI is still ridiculous though, and I'm not convinced it doesn't play by different economic rules.  There are some bloody irritating UI issues too, which really should have been fixed by now, but it's the AI which has caused me to stop playing until the next patch.  Apparently Brad's working on the AI full time now, so here's hoping...

Steam profile
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 16, 2011, 12:11:50 AM »

I was loitering in Stardock's IRC channels yesterday and brought up the issue of the suicidal sovereigns.  Apparently the issue will be fixed in the next patch, or so I'm told.  I hope so because that's all that's stopping me from playing.

Steam profile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 01, 2011, 01:51:37 AM »

there's a new standalone game coming:  Elemental: Fallen Enchantress.

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 01, 2011, 07:32:30 AM »

Yeah, and it will be free for those that bought the game before...this year I think.

Its kinda the expansion they always wanted to do

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 01, 2011, 11:06:43 AM »

Meanwhile, Elemental is still unplayable...

Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 01, 2011, 11:16:12 AM »

Is it? Why?

While I don't like the current gameplay, the game itself runs fine for me

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 01, 2011, 11:26:17 AM »

The suicidal sovereign bug.  If the enemy just hands the game to you at some arbitrary moment, it's not fun.  Hell, it isn't even a game.  Until that's fixed I can't play it.

Steam profile
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 01, 2011, 02:22:47 PM »

By the way, here's something else I have to ignore while playing.  Strategic spells have no limit other than mana cost.  Therefore if an enemy unit enters my territory I could, if I had the patience, repeatedly cast the same damage spell on it until it dies.  It would take a while but there's nothing stopping me doing it - with obvious implications if the unit happens to be the sovereign too.  There should be a limit like Disciples 2 has.

Steam profile
Island Dog
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 03, 2011, 06:35:48 PM »

The first dev diary for Fallen Enchatress was released, focusing on battles. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1KB2_a5S_Q
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 08, 2011, 06:09:40 PM »

So does this still have all the warts or does it still have the sovereign suicide and UI issues?  Need to decide while it's on sale.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 08, 2011, 06:43:17 PM »

Well, Stardock haven't published a (non-beta) patch for months, so yeah, all the shit is still there.  I really can't recommend it if you want to play it right now, unless you're willing to use the beta patches.  I have no experience with those so I can't comment I'm afraid.

However, apparently the "bugfix patch", 1.2 is due any day now, or so I've seen people mention on the official forum anyway.  Then to follow in May is the 1.3 patch which will be more gameplay fixes and new features.  The 1.2 patch is supposed to address stupid sovereign AI, while 1.3 will introduce things such as a defeated sovereign's realm being handed over to someone else instead of just disappearing.

In summary, then: buy it now and consider it an investment (and put a fair amount of trust in Stardock), or play it safe and wait to see what the patches do.  Elemental is almost perpetually on sale anyway, so if it isn't when the patches arrive it almost certainly will be shortly afterward.

Steam profile
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #625 on: April 08, 2011, 07:25:39 PM »

At this point I look at Elemental in much the same way as I do with Grim Dawn; I paid to support the development, and will get to play the finished product at some point in the future of the developer's choosing. The difference is that with Grim Dawn I was aware of this before giving them my money.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 03, 2011, 08:23:25 PM »

For what it's worth...the 1.2 patch is finally here and this is the changelog:

The following changes were made in Elemental: War of Magic patch 1.2.  The focus of this patch was to improve the UI, memory use in large games and stomp out any remaining bugs.

New Features/UI changes:

Raze city no longer requires a tech and is available right off the bat for all of your cities.

Prestige penalty for multiple cities has been broken out in the Other category on the city screen (instead of being a part of the base prestige number).

In the city breakdown the amount of buildings is listed (so it will say Study x3 if you have 3 studies in that city).

Added a new game option to adjust Movie volume.

Removed the city idle dialog, replaced with a report item notification in the event list.

Pioneers/sovereigns cannot build/found cities in other people's territory

Since spells are capped at level 5, you are no longer given the choice to keep going up in spell level once you reach that max.

Custom sovereign starting appearance is randomized (so you don't start with the same model every time).

You are now able to select a tile under a unit without moving the unit.

Balanced resource placement (more variety, better distribution).

Added a blue highlight representing the range of a spell when in spellcasting mode on both the strategic and tactical map, so the user can see how far they are allowed to cast the spell

Added tooltips that hover underneath the spellcasting cursor that explain why a spell can't be cast on that tile (with no tooltip shown if it is a valid target)

The strategic map spellcasting mode now uses the same wand cursors (with support for an invalid cursor) that the tactical map mode uses

Removed the Refined Diplomacy techs.

Added gold as a tradeable resource for fallen and changed horses to wargs for them.

Added the champion ablity "Diplomatic" which gives +1 diplomatic capital per turn.

Hooked up a list at the top of the city HUD to show the enchantments that are currently on that city.

Added an info button where spellbooks are displayed (such as on the custom sovereign screen) that will show all the spells that spellbook gives.

When improvements are auto-upgraded they no longer make the upgrade noise (which can be deafening when a bunch do it at once).

Auto-upgrades won't spam the event list with the "new building" messages.

When casting a targeted spell on an army (such as imbue champion on a stack with more than one valid target) a dialog is presented to allow the player to pick the unit he wants.

Players can now earn achievements in single player mode if auto-login is enabled.

Min defense on armor has been removed.  Previously armor never absorbed less than half the units defense value, now it has the possibility to absorb the full range (though weighted to the high end).  So every attack can do damage.

Increased the casting cost for Return and Teleport.

When a pioneer founds a city, any remaining units in its army are now automatically stationed in the new city.

When a sovereign founds a kingdom/empire, the popup explaining what they are doing now includes a checkbox asking if the user wants to station their sovereign in the new city, where if they choose to not have it selected, the sovereign moves to an adjacent tile like before.

The events for "improvement built" and "unit finished training" start out temporarily expanded, for a short period of time.

Faction Power Wnd entries now have a tooltip telling you how each player feels towards you.  (ex. At War, Neutral, etc..).  Also, if you are at war with them, an AtWar icon will be displayed.

Unit info cards reworked to show more meaningful data, have the data fit better, etc.

Added an event list entry when there are enemy units in your lands.  Clicking on the event will cycle through the enemy units in your lands.

Added a new tactical Air 1 spell, Wind Shield.  Gives all allied units +5 dodge vs ranged attacks.

Removed the Blink spell.

You can now recruit Janusk directly from his opening dialog (instead of him talking to you and then sometimes running away).

Empire can now claim refugee camps.

In the default formula for calculating the hit point bonus from level and constitution (10 + level * .4 * constitution), made 10 data-driven, can be set with the <GlobalHitPointsBonus> tag in ElementalDefs.xml.

Changed the code that takes the A_Influence player ability into account for the max radius and influence power of improvements to not divide the ability value by 100 when adding a radius and power bonus, so that an ability of 1 now means a 1 tile increase in radius, instead of none (since it would be rounded down from .01 to 0).

Added  4 new maps.

When you select an army on the main map, it now only shows the spellcasting action if the leader can cast spells, and if selected, only the leader casts the chosen spell.

Improved ZOC performance large map save game used to take 30s to update the ZOC at the end of a turn, now takes 4s.  ZOC is no longer cleared every turn and re-calculated; now the objects update the ZOC nodes as necessary, but the graphics and environment do not update until the end of the turn.  The ZOC Calculator now tracks which tiles have changed ownership so it only does the end of turn updates if something has actually changed.

The global resource pool in the main UI now reuses entries wherever possible, instead of recreating them for each refresh (performance improvement).

AI:

AI is more careful with their sovereign.

Fixed an issue that kept AI champions from being able to cast spells in tactical combat.

Fixed some bugs in tactical AI code that were causing it to think enemy units were friendly units.

Added code so that AI units will try to cast a heal spell on themself before resorting to trying to escape.

Added code so that the AI can determine the best spell to use based on AI xml weights in the spells themselves.

Added AIData and AIPriority tags to all spells, so we can tweak how much the AI cares about them.

Fixed an issue with the sovereign not going out to pickup goodie huts.

Bug fixes:

Fixed memory leaks.

Reduced memory consumption (especially in the late game) by releasing unneeded textures instead of retaining them indefinitely.

Fixed bug where conquered cities that had caravans that called that city home would end up with messed up caravan counts.

Fixed a bug where player ability penalties on resource production weren't actually being taken into account.

Fixed the effect of the "Call of the Titans" spell, which gathers all your unstationed units and transports them to a specified tile.  It will now skip units without an attack (ie. pioneers, caravans, boats).

Fixed bug where particle glow effect would remain on the map after getting a goodie hut until you hit the turn button.

Fixed delay in tactical battles with mounted archer units.

Fixed bug where sometimes particles would remain on the map from a destroyed factions cities.

Disabling Janusk advice does not disable his creation in the game.

You are now able to select a tile under a unit without moving the unit.

Limited improvements (like the faction specific Beacon of Hope) won't be counted as being built until they are completed.

Fixed Titan's Breath (thanks to Heavenfall and Kenata).

Fixed an issue that was keeping the AI from casting spells in tactical battles.

Fixed a bug in spellcasting where non offensive, defensive, or terraforming spells were now checking that the spell target was valid when deciding if the spell could be cast.

Fixed the Fallen Ambassador (so it now correctly gives diplomatic capital).

Fixed a bug in the main city context wnd where it would use the AI's cached version of the battle rank for display, causing it to often not match the city HUD and other screens.

Fixed a bug where dispelling Guardian Ward (and any other spells that involved a city-target summon modifier) would not kill the summoned unit.

Fixed a bug where killing a unit summoned on a city would not cancel the enchantment that summoned that unit, keeping the spell from being cast on that city again.

Fixed lighting on shields in unit design screens (so they won't appear black anymore).

Fixed an issue that caused units to lose their custom portrait after a few turns.

Units now fade out when they get killed on the main map.

Units now fade out when they get killed in tactical battles.

Fixed a bug where improvements in FOW still played their particle effects.

Fixed a bug with lifesteal that caused the caster to lose hit points.

Fixed a bug with units getting stationed over end turn not showing up in a cities context, and ensuring the new city founding behavior shows the most updated city context when all the shuffling of units is done.

Fixed bug where, when founding a city, you could see the pioneer either die on top of the city while it was being built, or the pioneer's graphic would stick around for a turn if in cloth map mode when the city was built

Fixed Grip of Winter and Greater Grip of Winter to correctly apply a chance of taking effect (previously they always caused the victims to lose their next turn).

Fixed the Arrogant weakness so it correctly makes recruiting more expensive instead of less expensive.

Fixed the custom faction tech granting abilities so they work correctly regardless of the factions allegience.

Fixed an issue that can cause massive recruit costs when the player has to many recruit cost reductions.

Min radius now takes into account the player's influence ability so that their influence zone won't shrink when going up to the next level.

We will allocate more memory before saving (so that you don't OOM while saving and corrupt the save).

Fixed bug where action entries used for a combat ability would always trigger that combat ability when clicked, even if reassigned a different action when being reused, caused by some entry info not getting cleared out.

Fixed bug where dragon breath effect (and any other attached spell effect that isn't a projectile) would play throughout the entire battle once triggered, floating on the tile where it was triggered.

Fixed bug where casting a spell from an army with a spellcaster leader on the main map, with the army selected instead of a particular subunit, would cause every unit in that army to cast the spell.

Fixed bug where, if you finished researching all spells and reached the max spell level, it would start automatically researching non-existent spell levels beyond the max spell level.

Fixed bug where the dragon's breath sfx would occasionally not play until the target unit took damage, causing the attack itself to be silent and the attack sfx to linger long after the attack.

Fixed bug where killing a unit in a tactical battle that had tactical modifier effects from spells on it would cause it's stats to get recalculated using a function with auto-killing logic in it, so that the parent unit would immediately be set to be destroyed, causing bugs like the sovereign dying and immediately ending the game, because no retreat or battle-finishing logic was reached.

Fixed a series of population and prestige-related bugs that conspired to cause cities to have negative population and huge power ratings.

Fixed crash on closing a game that had a tactical battle in it.

Fixed bug where some unit clean-up stuff in the player was not getting called when a unit died, so that the player-wide abilities of dead champions would remain until something reforced an ability value calculation, players would hold onto a pointer to the dead sovereign spouse, and military might and power rating wouldn't be recalculated.

Fixed a crash when exiting a game with any shards owned by the local player.

Fixed a potential deadlock when a unit is removed from a player, caused by some UI refreshes taking place while the unit critical section was being held onto.

Fixed crash when killing an enemy sovereign.

I'm not going to be in any hurry to test it, but I'd like to hear impressions if anyone else has a shred of interest left.  Particularly with regard to the suicidal sovereign bug.  You know, that massive game-killing bug that prevents you from playing the game properly but which Stardock has consistently failed to acknowlegde despite my several attempts to raise it with them on their own forum.

Steam profile
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 21, 2012, 07:11:21 PM »

so i think my first thread necro, yay!

anyway a few questions...

considering picking this up as ive been craving a big strat game with rpg elements - does anyone know if the DVD version requires Impulse?  also im aware the game was a bit of a mess at launch - if i do get the dvd version do i need impulse / a client to patch the game up to date? 

in the fallen enchantress thread it was mentioned that it is possible to craft units with varying traits - take a knight and give him heavy armor and a lance and hes a battlefield tank; take that same mounted unit and with a few different perks its a light quick cavalry piece - does something like this exist in elemental?  i know, sounds small but this seemed like a very neat concept!

thanks!
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 21, 2012, 11:47:14 PM »

Wait-you want to get THIS game?
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 22, 2012, 07:25:08 PM »

Yes, what are the circumstances that you're considering playing a copy of Elemental?  Fallen Enchantress is fairly enjoyable, but don't let that trick you into believing two years of exhaustive reinvention have been retroactively applied to the original game.

You can indeed customize your Fallen Enchantress troops with different gear and accessories that influence their stats.  It even saves your hand-crafted creations and lets the AI put them to use in future games.  I've spent the most time playing as the Gilden, a faction of natural blacksmiths that can outfit their troops with superior armors more easily than other kingdoms.  Sometimes you'll want to hurriedly rearm them with special enchanted weaponry to target a tough enemy's particular weakness.

I think Elemental had something similar, but I can't pass along any details because I didn't play it long enough to find out.  It was a very poor game, full of things you *could* do and absolutely no reason to do them.  Several weapons and spells did exactly the same things, monsters behaved indistinguishably from one another, and the AI factions were little more than speed bumps on the path to inevitable victory.

Have those things been patched?  I don't know, but under the best of circumstances, it would still produce an experience that played like the rudimentary alpha version of Fallen Enchantress that it turned out to be.  It certainly isn't worth your money.

-Autistic Angel
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: December 22, 2012, 11:10:02 PM »

Wait-you want to get THIS game?

lol yea canuck, i had it in mind smile

and AA the reasons i was thinking of elemental were that im not a fan of clients (i know, im a weirdo) - thats why i was asking if i needed to download and run one to play (and patch!, my god patch!) elemental.  FYI id be picking it up on dvd

and i thought that maybe the fun core of the game had been brought out a bit after the patching they did on it, though it sounds like that might not be the case frown

and besides not liking clients, i wasnt eager to jump on fallen enchantress one way or the other after elemental though this is probably the least influential of my reasons... sounds like i might want to get my strat fix elsewhere though, bummer frown
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 23, 2012, 01:29:26 AM »

so from looking around (i havent found an answer yet) it looks like playing requires nothing, but patching requires creating an account, and not patching is NOT an option slywink
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 23, 2012, 01:51:06 AM »

Yeah, the patcher is built into the front end and it won't run unless you're logged in with your Stardock account.

Have you ever tried the Fall from Heaven II mod for Civilization IV?  It doesn't have the custom unit designing you were asking about, but your units do gain experience perks through combat, each faction is starkly different from the next, and it would be free so long as you have your discs for Civ IV and Beyond the Sword handy.

-Autistic Angel
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 25, 2012, 12:47:11 AM »

Doop:  My advice: Stay away from Elemental, bud.  It's about as enjoyable as watching the Red Sox was this year.......

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
notrich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 19, 2013, 12:38:50 AM »

wow - reading through this thread was a roller coaster ride...  the stardock sale on steam made me look it up since I didn't see it as part of the stardock "bundle" that is available there.

Quote from: CeeKay on January 05, 2011, 03:16:34 AM

did we ever find out which game this guy was brought on for?  

Quote from: Razgon on January 11, 2011, 03:20:15 PM

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on January 11, 2011, 02:41:15 PM

You do realize why that won't happen, right?

There are plenty of broken games available on steam - I would throw a couple of dollars toward this if it was on the verge of working or did a particular thing well (I seem to remember the great mod-ability being a big selling point).

is elemental: fallen enchantress considered the second expansion that was referred to in the article above?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:45:34 AM by notrich » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 19, 2013, 12:56:32 AM »

Quote from: notrich on October 19, 2013, 12:38:50 AM

wow - reading through this thread was a roller coaster ride...  the stardock sale on steam made me look it up since I didn't see it as part of the stardock "bundle" that is available there.

Quote from: CeeKay on January 05, 2011, 03:16:34 AM

did we ever find out which game this guy was brought on for? 

I'm not sure, but according to Wiki he left Stardock earlier this year to start his own company.

Because I can,
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 19, 2013, 02:30:29 AM »

Quote from: notrich on October 19, 2013, 12:38:50 AM

is elemental: fallen enchantress considered the second expansion that was referred to in the article above?

Perhaps "Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes"?

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 20, 2013, 05:49:11 AM »

I've been playing Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes a ton since it came out.  It's the closest thing to Master of Magic in recent memory once you figure out everything.  Plus, they are still working on things and providing updates, so the game continues to change and stay fresh.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: