http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 06:44:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elemental: War of Magic  (Read 42723 times)
Huw the Poo
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 10, 2010, 08:05:22 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 10, 2010, 07:56:31 PM

Many spells still dont work or does not do what they claim

Really?  I didn't know about that one.  I've just been using the fire and life books and I haven't noticed anything awry.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 10, 2010, 08:11:48 PM »

I'm not worried about the balancing stuff, it's just the poor manual and campaign that doesn't really explain things like it was supposed to that concern me. i'm not that hard to please, but it is rather frustrating when you can't even figure out how to play. I think I will go with something safer. I don't know what yet.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 10, 2010, 08:12:34 PM »

Stay away from the confusion spell - it multiplies the enemies attack strength by a negative number, and if you do so again, it becomes a positive number - this results in if the AI decides in a quick battle you want to use that particular spell a few times, one enemy can kill every single one of your units..a bit silly :-D

Also, a number of spells calls functions that doesnt work work right now. Take a look at this post if you want to know what to avoid :-)

http://forums.elementalgame.com/395909

a few examples:

1) Ruin

Doesn't decrease enemy health, not heals the caster.

Also, both heal and drain visuals are shown on the target.

Reason: Probably StealUnitStat attribute is bugged.

2) Crush Spirit

Doesn't decrease enemy morale at all.

Reason: AdjustUnitStat attribute just doesn't work with CurMorale as string parameter

Solution: see Fear spell. It uses IncreaseMorale as attribute, which properly decreases moral (also ModType needs to be TacticalUnit in that case)

A bit silly that you have to have forum people point this stuff out to the staff. Oh, and according to the same guy a number of the damage spells doesnt use shard amplifies because of bad scripting.

EDIT: I feel a bit sorry to be posting stuff like this, especially when you enjoy the game , Huw - sorry about that. I just think newcomers should know that there's a number of issues still.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:17:33 PM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 10, 2010, 08:31:28 PM »

Hey, don't worry about it Raz!  I'm not blind to the issues the game has (although I'm apparently not aware of all of them, heh).  I even have my own issues with the game and it is definitely not the all-time classic I was expecting....yet.  I'm sure it will be, in time.  Oh, and thanks for that link about spells, that's actually very useful. smile

Greg - to be honest I don't blame you for walking away.  I wish I could've given it a ringing endorsement, but it would have been really dishonest of me to do so.  However, in fairness I should say that apparently the tutorial will be getting a big overhaul soon.  Or possibly it has already; I only play in sandbox mode so I'm not sure.

I'm getting a bit pissed off about my CE now.  Apparently Stardock have really dropped the ball with them.  Some have received nothing, even in North America, while others in places like Australia have received two!  Some people who live not 100 miles from me have received theirs.  If mine doesn't arrive on Monday I'll be kicking up a fuss.  It was pretty bloody far from cheap for we in the UK. thumbsdown

Steam profile
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 11, 2010, 03:27:27 AM »

I sent an email to Stardock and on the 1st they said my LE had shipped and it would be "5-7 business days" to see it... we're at the raggedy outer edge of that and still no box. Unfortunately, there is no tracking available with their shipping choice. Just sent another email.  icon_frown

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: September 11, 2010, 06:10:29 AM »

wow - got the CE box, or rather, a slip of paper telling me it was being held, and I had to pay toll for it... 286 kroner! or 49 dollars  icon_eek

I'm considering just letting them keep it.

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: September 11, 2010, 06:15:50 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 11, 2010, 06:10:29 AM

wow - got the CE box, or rather, a slip of paper telling me it was being held, and I had to pay toll for it... 286 kroner! or 49 dollars  icon_eek

I'm considering just letting them keep it.

You were surprised by that? Physical game boxes are always taxed to hell and back around these parts.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 11, 2010, 06:23:10 AM »

yeah, by the amount of taxation - wasn't prepared for that. Not stardock's fault of course, but man...its getting expensive.

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 11, 2010, 11:31:13 AM »

Raz that is insane.  That's nearly what the CE itself costs!  Why does your government do that?  Doesn't it discourage people from buying things from overseas?  And being a Euro, presumably you've already paid VAT as well.

Steam profile
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: September 11, 2010, 11:52:06 AM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 11, 2010, 11:31:13 AM

Why does your government do that?  Doesn't it discourage people from buying things from overseas? 

That's exactly why they do it. Local stores have to pay toll to import their wares, so if you could just buy them from, say, American stores and skip the toll, there'd be no reason for anyone to ever buy locally. It's a system that has to be there to protect local and national commerce.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 11, 2010, 11:53:07 AM »

appearently, you dont pay taxes on things outside of EU when you purchase things. That means, you'll have to do so once you recieve it - administrative fees is the 160 kroner ,the rest is the tax itself.

I'm letting it rot at the postoffice - I wont be paying 100 dollars for this piece of crap.

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 11, 2010, 12:10:41 PM »

Well, I keep hearing that Denmark is an expensive place to live, but damn.

Steam profile
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 11, 2010, 01:05:23 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 11, 2010, 11:52:06 AM

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 11, 2010, 11:31:13 AM

Why does your government do that?  Doesn't it discourage people from buying things from overseas? 

That's exactly why they do it. Local stores have to pay toll to import their wares, so if you could just buy them from, say, American stores and skip the toll, there'd be no reason for anyone to ever buy locally. It's a system that has to be there to protect ridiculous overtaxation.

there, ftfy

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 11, 2010, 08:30:07 PM »

Quote from: Razgon
I'm letting it rot at the postoffice - I wont be paying 100 dollars for this piece of crap.

Considering some of the other shit you've posted about playing in the past, this surprises me.  For someone who hasn't even played it, you sure have posted alot about the game.  Did Stardock rape your cat?

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 11, 2010, 08:32:30 PM »

Quote from: Glycerine on September 11, 2010, 08:30:07 PM

Considering some of the other shit you've posted about playing in the past, this surprises me.  For someone who hasn't even played it, you sure have posted alot about the game.  Did Stardock rape your cat?

?? Come again? I have played it..a lot- I even beta tested the thing for quite some time. Whats up with you? Is there anything I've said here you can refute? And what other "shit" do I play?

I am guessing it would help if you actually read the thread instead of just pouring your anger out.

edit: re the tax thing and me letting it rot, I also said it wasnt stardocks fault as well....again, please read the thread.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 08:34:02 PM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 11, 2010, 08:52:14 PM »

Considering some of the other shit you've posted about playing in the past, this surprises me.  For someone who hasn't even played it, you sure have posted alot about the game.  Did Stardock rape your cat?

When you buy the game directly from Stardock you have the option of getting a physical copy mailed to you on top of the digital copy that is available immediately.  So Razgon downloaded the game and has been playing it while waiting for the physical copy to arrive.  He's already paid $50 for it an now he has to pay an import tax on top of that, making the total cost $100.  Since he's not that happy with the game, he's questioning his desire to spend the $50 he needs to get the physical copy.   I don't see any problem with this approach.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 08:54:52 PM by Sarkus » Logged

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 11, 2010, 09:34:37 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on September 11, 2010, 08:52:14 PM

When you buy the game directly from Stardock you have the option of getting a physical copy mailed to you on top of the digital copy that is available immediately.  So Razgon downloaded the game and has been playing it while waiting for the physical copy to arrive.  He's already paid $50 for it an now he has to pay an import tax on top of that, making the total cost $100.  Since he's not that happy with the game, he's questioning his desire to spend the $50 he needs to get the physical copy.   I don't see any problem with this approach.
I don't either since it's not my money. I just don't get why someone would import a physical copy of the game when they knew it would be taxed whether the game was good or not. Especially since you can re-download any time you want through Impulse so the physical copy is worthless (In fact you are required to use Impulse if you ever want to update the game). As far as the game itself was concerned, you could get a feel for the game and the manual from the beta. Plus if the game is that bad, and you have no faith in Stardock to fix it, if you would have never got the physical copy you could have already got your money back. Sounds like Razgon should have thought things through a little more.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:44:42 PM by Lee » Logged
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 11, 2010, 09:39:11 PM »

Re taxes, then yes, Razgon should have thought things through a bit more...this is actually the second time ever I purchase something from the states, and I was under the impression I'd already paid the taxes...oh well, live and learn I guess. And thats why I'm letting it stay at the postoffice - I have the game, and dont really need whats inside the CE box *that* much.

A new one
tgb
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 11, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »

This place is starting to sound like Quarter to Three.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: September 11, 2010, 09:47:18 PM »

Quote from: Lee on September 11, 2010, 09:34:37 PM

Quote from: Sarkus on September 11, 2010, 08:52:14 PM

I don't either since it's not my money. I just don't get why someone would import a physical copy of the game when they knew it would be taxed whether the game was good or not. Especially since you can re-download any time you want through Impulse so the physical copy is worthless (In fact you are required to use Impulse if you ever want to update the game). As far as the game itself was concerned, you could get a feel for the game and the manual from the beta. Plus if the game is that bad, and you have no faith in Stardock to fix it, if he would have never got the physical copy he could have already got his money back. Sounds like Razgon should have thought things through a little more.

If you're not familiar with importing software to a country with heavy toll, I can see why you'd be confused. Let's say you order a season of Sam & Max from Telltale before it's completed. Part of that deal is that you get the option to get the whole thing on DVD later for just the price of shipping. There's a trick here that makes this system appealing to those of us who have to consider import fees and taxes. When the DVD is shipped, Telltale can write on the box that the contents cost $0 plus shipping, and it'd be legal. No matter what the original season cost, you just got to skip customs.

Many online stores do things in similar ways. Some will even go so far as to write a fake price on the package that is low enough for it to not trigger any toll (for example, if I import a DVD to Norway I don't have to pay toll if its total price was less than 200 NOK), though this is shady and can result in confiscations if they do it a lot. Some, like Amazon, will use couriers that have their own systems for dealing with toll, removing the administrative costs from the equation. In Razgon's case the administrative costs actually were larger than the toll itself, which means that stuff just above the lower toll limit are a waste of money to import unless you can get a system like the one Amazon uses.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: September 11, 2010, 09:48:04 PM »

Can I have yours, Raz? icon_biggrin

Actually I just emailed Stardock about mine.  I was very polite.  Hopefully they'll either update me or ship out a new one.

Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 11, 2010, 10:14:29 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 11, 2010, 09:48:04 PM

Can I have yours, Raz? icon_biggrin

Actually I just emailed Stardock about mine.  I was very polite.  Hopefully they'll either update me or ship out a new one.

Sure - All I need is your credit card information and your full adress and name and I'll forward it to you.... ;-) I hope you get yours soon though, so you can let me know if its totally worth it after all.

A new one
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 12, 2010, 02:08:31 AM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on September 11, 2010, 03:27:27 AM

I sent an email to Stardock and on the 1st they said my LE had shipped and it would be "5-7 business days" to see it... we're at the raggedy outer edge of that and still no box. Unfortunately, there is no tracking available with their shipping choice. Just sent another email.  icon_frown

And of course it shows up the next day. Funny how something they said shipped on the 1st actually didn't ship until the 9th. Priority Mail.

-craig

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 12, 2010, 07:04:28 AM »

Can I have yours, Craig?

Steam profile
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 12, 2010, 12:34:50 PM »

Seeing as how they seemed to have just shipped out a batch of them, I'm sure you'll be getting what's coming to you very soon. So to speak.  icon_wink

-craig

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 12, 2010, 05:24:50 PM »

I'm torn about purchasing this game. I'm an absolute TBS fanatic, so this game has been on my radar for a long time. I was tied up with work when it first came out, so I didn't make my usual Day One purchase. After reading the flood of negative critiques, I can't decide if I should hold off and see what happens or make the purchase to help support the game. Stardock has a strong history of supporting their games, but nothing in their stable has ever been quite the train wreck that Elemental appears to be. Can the game actually be salvaged, or is it a Master of Orion 3 debacle, where the awfulness is too deeply entrenched?
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 12, 2010, 05:30:58 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on September 12, 2010, 05:24:50 PM

Can the game actually be salvaged, or is it a Master of Orion 3 debacle, where the awfulness is too deeply entrenched?

I am completely confident that the game can be salvaged. It appears that Stardock is committed to updating, upgrading, enhancing, and supporting the game.

Of course, the trick is that the point of the game "being salvaged" will depend entirely on the individual player.

For me, although the game hasn't sunk its teeth in my like HoMM 3 or SMAC/X or Civ, it is still very playable. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I wouldn't try to talk anyone into buying it now, but I see the foundation of a very good game and I have no regrets at all about my purchase.

It is nowhere near a Master of Orion 3 debacle.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 12, 2010, 05:39:12 PM »

I agree 100% with everything Qantaga said.  The game is definitely "salvagable" in my opinion.  The official board has some people saying that it needs a fundamental rewrite, but that's nonsense in my opinion.  They're the same people who are never satisfied with classes in an MMO, and complain that every change has broken the game.

I'm really upbeat about Elemental.  While it kinda feels wrong to fully recommend someone purchase it I can say that I'm really, really enjoying it and I'm confident it will only get better over time.  Unless something horrible and unforeseen occurs, Stardock's game studio will be working on it exclusively for the next couple of years.  There should be a demo at some point, although I don't think that's a high priority for Stardock at the moment.

Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 12, 2010, 08:36:56 PM »

Brad just posted this...makes me a little sad, I must admit - Seems like they will redo the game more in the vein on MoM than it is now, which is good...but - 20 months??

Our original plan, for what it's worth, was for the expanded E team to go do a sequel to one of our existing titles and have the other half create a new RPG title using the underlying engine elements (the quest system in Elemental is very VERY powerful, just woefully underutilized right now).

However, since Elemental launched in such a deplorable state, that has all changed. Now the plan is for the E team to stay on Elemental for the next 20 months to redeem Elemental in the minds of our customers.

That has to be done on multiple fronts:

1. The Kumquat engine will need to be fully matured. I realize that there's plenty of criticism on some of our design choices (which beta testers were very vocal about but we didn't listen to well enough) but what really did Elemental's launch in for day 0 was the state of the Kumquat engine.  Absolute compatibility/performance/stability has to be achieved before Stardock can really do anything else because everything going forward is going to be based on this engine (think of Kumquat as the strategy game equivalent of Valve's "Source" engine).

2. The magic system in Elemental needs to be overhauled and, over time brought more in line to its original inspiration - MOM.  There are a lot of practical reasons that I think users can think of as to why we didn't just copy the MOM magic system for a 2010 game (same as to why we wouldn't have dozens of radically different races -- think: cost of low resolution sprites vs. fully realized 3D models).  But I think we're just going to have to bite the bullet on this.

3. The combat system in Elemental needs to be overhauled as well. We are in the process of eliminating action points from tactical combat in the free expansion and instead combat speed will determine initiative and so units will move based on that (rather than attacker side then defender side, the turns will be in order of combat speed and the faster the combat speed of a unit, the faster your unit is, the more turns he gets during a given round.

4. And of course, the AI needs to keep evolving to deal with this kind of thing.

This is by no means, a complete list but gives you an idea of what we're going to be doing over the course of the next several weeks, going on months to the basic game mechanics.

I don't think you'll see the battles become like Total War though. If we were going to do that, we'd release it as a separate game or something otherwise it's a bit of "bait and switch".

The thing is, we, and by we I mean PC gamers, need a game to fill this niche. Especially with Civ V's radical design changes (which I think are going to be pretty cool -- I'm a panzer general guy but it's a pretty radical change from Civ IV).  A 4X fantasy game with army groups and magic and the like is a need to be filled just like space strategy (turn and real-time), first person shooters, fantasy role playing, sci-fi role playing, etc.  Just as nature abhors a vacuum, so too do games.

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 12, 2010, 09:05:10 PM »

It sounds like he just means that the whole game studio will focus on Elemental for 20 months, rather than working on other projects while a smaller team works on Elemental.  They were always going to support the game for a couple of years, they just thought it'd be a smaller team instead of all of them.

He says later on in that post that we're talking "several weeks, going on months".  At the risk of sounding even more like someone in denial (and starting to make a mockery of my sig) it all sounds OK to me.  There really isn't much new there.

Steam profile
Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 12, 2010, 11:18:46 PM »

I'm glad they are going to fix the game. Sounds like it will be quite a few months before I will be playing it, but I will play it eventually.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 13, 2010, 09:58:35 AM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 12, 2010, 09:05:10 PM

It sounds like he just means that the whole game studio will focus on Elemental for 20 months, rather than working on other projects while a smaller team works on Elemental.  They were always going to support the game for a couple of years, they just thought it'd be a smaller team instead of all of them.

He says later on in that post that we're talking "several weeks, going on months".  At the risk of sounding even more like someone in denial (and starting to make a mockery of my sig) it all sounds OK to me.  There really isn't much new there.

You are probably right - at least, I hope so. I want to play and love the game, and hopefully, I can then in a few months. :-)

I'm still a bit concerned over all the changes to the basic principles of how the game works, in that they may break more than they fix by changing things as fundamental as the above, but...I hope it will be what we all want!

A new one
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 13, 2010, 02:18:33 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on September 12, 2010, 05:24:50 PM

I'm torn about purchasing this game. I'm an absolute TBS fanatic, so this game has been on my radar for a long time. I was tied up with work when it first came out, so I didn't make my usual Day One purchase. After reading the flood of negative critiques, I can't decide if I should hold off and see what happens or make the purchase to help support the game. Stardock has a strong history of supporting their games, but nothing in their stable has ever been quite the train wreck that Elemental appears to be. Can the game actually be salvaged, or is it a Master of Orion 3 debacle, where the awfulness is too deeply entrenched?

Buy Civ 5, and give it time.  Thats what I am going to do.  I also love TBS.  If there was nothing else to play and I was bored I would probably go for it.   But, I spent 39.99 on civ 4 instead of this game, and wow.   (Yea I know, how could I have not ever played a Civ game?)

I see no rush to buy it, though I would like to play it.   Maybe when I get burnt out on Civ 4 and 5 it will be soup.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 13, 2010, 03:10:23 PM »

Quote from: Morgul on September 13, 2010, 02:18:33 PM

Buy Civ 5, and give it time.  Thats what I am going to do. 

This is what I am going to do.  Civ 5 looks so very amazing and, while I wanted to give Elemental a try, with Civ 5 around the corner, there is no reason to Elemental at this point in its development.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 14, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »

Quote from: Stardock sales team
Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience it appears that your order may have been lost in the mail. We will send another copy out today. If the first one shows up, please keep both copies. Shipping should take between 5-7 business days for domestic (US) shipments and 1-3 weeks for international shipping.

Remember that the digital download is available now through Impulse for all orders.

Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 14, 2010, 05:14:13 PM »

Someone at Qt3 got 2 :-D

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 14, 2010, 05:15:47 PM »

Yeah quite a few people have, I hear.  If I get a second, what on earth will I do with it?

Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 14, 2010, 08:00:43 PM »

You know, now that i think about it , I got a second letter from the postoffice today about my package. I was thinking it was the same one, but why would they send the letter twice? Now I have two very expensive packages I won't be picking up :-D

A new one
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 15, 2010, 05:21:19 AM »

I think it seems like eventually combat might be more like a smaller scale AoW and that is good for me smile
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 16, 2010, 09:58:19 PM »

---------------------------------------------------
----------- Elemental v1.08b Change Log -----------
---------------------------------------------------

We are on the process of putting up v1.08 of Elemental: War of Magic.

Here’s a change log over v1.07:

+ LOD optimizations across improvements and tile designs
+ Continued memory optimization
+ AI handles its sovereign more intelligently
+ AI more effective at going after targets of opportunity
+ AI sovereign is more careful about going into enemy territory
+ AI has new APIs for determining whether there are targets of opportunity in the area
+ Balance pass on resource distribution
+ Base tech cost changed from 4 to 5
+ Merchants/Money Changers now require 1 food to construct
+ Study/Archivist now require 1 gildar per turn to maintain
+ Gildar deposit now seeded near starting location
+ Tracker talent cost changed from 15 to 10
+ Organized talent cost changed from 10 to 20
+ Combat Rating calculation altered in an attempt to be a more accurate gauge of lethalness
+ Fewer resources spawned per 1000 tiles.
+ Fewer minor factions spawned.
+ Added scalars to attack and defence for units who are in home territory or foreign territory, modifiable in ElementalDefs.xml
+ Territory scalars now work as Empire v Fallen (e.g. Kingdom guy on Fallen territory gets penalty, etc).
+ Updated formula for gildar given when killing a given unit
+ Child essence is no longer modified by spawn rating, but is instead a value between 50% and 100% of the more powerful parent's essence.
+ Updated TerrainTypes.xml to make Forests and Swamps take 2 moves
+ Changing the “IncreaseMorale” modifier attribute to “AdjustMorale. It’s more clear for the modders.
-Revamp of the way offensive spells hit/miss and deal their damage
+HIT/MISS is deteremined by an attacker roll (minDamage – maxDamage) and by the defender roll (0-DEF)
+Values can now be specified as a MinValue and a MaxValue rather than just a Value (support for constant value spells is still supported)
+If a MinValue and a MaxValue is specified, the Value is defined by a rand roll between the two numbers based on the modifiers internal rand roll.
+Updated descriptions for all core spellbook spells to show bonus damage from INT and bonus damage from shards in the spell description.
+The SpellbookWnd has been updated to properly display the damage range if there is one, and the constant damage if there isn’t one.
+All core spells that were using stats to calculate the value but didn’t have a ValueOwner specified have been fixed.
+The elemental shards unit stats now default to 0 instead of 1. The calculations in the existing spells have been redone to reflect this.
+ Fixed BURNING BLADE spell to appropriately increase attack.
+ Fixed SHIELD OF FIRE spell to appropriately increase defense.
+ Fixed CRUSH SPIRIT spell to appropriately decrease morale.
+ Fixed BRAVERY spell to appropriately increase morale.
+ Fixed DRAIN LIFE spell to appropriately transfer HP from target to caster.
+ Changed the display code for the main UI bar to round attack and defense rather than truncate.
+ Hooked up the CTRL+ARROW and SHIFT-ARROW camera rotation and movement hotkeys to tactical.
+ Added save game descriptions
+ Fixed bug where dialogs from triggers in the campaign (like moving beyond where you should build a city) would pop up many times when a unit moved into that tile.
+ Fixed AI bug where it was doing deficit spending and creating units still
+ Removed the max spell points entry from the affected stats in the level up wnd, since it isn't affected by any unit stats anymore
+ Fixed bug where non-aggression pact wasn't being checked for when left-clicking on a unit in attack mode
+ Fixed modifier in Refined_Economics_Amarian_MP to modify A_Gold player ability instead of A_Wealth (which doesn't exist)
+ Fixed golem animation pack (commented out an animation that was missing and causing t-poses)
+ Fixed crash when making a mountain in map editor
+ Fixed trading your spouse (if she was a recruited NPC) in the regular unit trade
+ Perceived value stuff gets hidden when arranging marriages, instead of showing whatever was selected last
+ Entries for kids when arranging marriages now use a male and female icon to denote boy and girl, instead of the words in parentheses after the name
+ Fixed "..." from string overflowing for the divider title when trading or arranging a marriage
+ Fixed the divider title not ever changing from "And" once the arrange marriage screen was shown
+ Fixed display of tooltip text and color text on Customize Faction window
+ Tweaked SetToolTip to calculate the necessary size of the window more accurately, to fix bug where tooltips were sometimes being truncated
+ Fixed bug where clicking a new destination while the unit was moving would cause the unit to get a free move
+ You can no longer set a units destination while it is moving
+ Fixed Refined Housing and Refined Economics techs (and their fallen equivalents) so that they correctly provide the bonus they say they do
+ When a unit inside a city or an army is selected and asked to cast a spell, that is the unit that is used for spellcasting now, instead of having it just fail (in a city) or try to cast the spell from the leader of the army
+ Fixed bug where summoning a unit while in a city would cause that unit to be summoned in an army with you within that city (causing weird behavior), now just stations the unit in the city with you
+ Fixed bug where raise land spell would not work on all land category terrain types, like swamp or rugged terrain. Now, if a land tile is not hills, it raises that land to hills, instead of checking for only some terrain types
+ Fixed a bug where, in the faction editor, you could select ability bonus options for free by selecting and deselecting them, and then spinning the race spinner, caused by deselection not updating the faction config correctly
+ Fixed units that finished training on the same turn as an autosave not being there when the autosave was loaded
+ Fixed players not being able to select their city level up bonuses or tech breakthroughs on loading an autosave if they were earned that turn, by having the local player mark themselves as needing to get user input for these things instead of unhiding the windows to allow the choice right away during CWorld::EndTurn, and not letting the user choose until after the next turn starts and the autosave has been made. If one of thses autosaves is loaded, the local player will be allowed to choose their tech breakthroughs and city bonuses once the map is unhidden. This keeps us from having to delay an autosave and the start of the next turn by waiting for the user to choose their bonuses, instead making that choice part of the start turn logic after the autosave has been made and saving the mark saying the player will get to choose at the start of the next turn.
+ Fixed treaty turn counts not matching if an autosave was loaded
+ Based on confusion in the forums, removed ability to automatically unlock a spell in the learning queue if it makes it to the front of the queue when the player has enough research to buy it, so that users rearranging their spell learning queue don't have their spell points silently taken away while shuffling spells around, if they didn't intend to learn that spell next
+ Now it always takes at least one turn to learn any spell
+ Fixed bug where tile highlights in tactical battle would disappear after an ALT+TAB
+ Fixed bug where trees would not look correct in all cases after loading a gamesave.
+ Fixed an issue that was allowing counter attacks against units with abilities of type DoesNotProvokeCounterattacks.
+Fixed an issue that was causing modifiers applied in tactical battles to persist after the battle.
- This fixes the bug that causes XP and Gildar rewards after battles to be negatively skewed if the enemy unit combat rating was lowered due to debuffs.
+Fixed an issue with skipping turns in tactical battles that would cause a stuck turn if done when the unit being skipped was in motion. - Pressing spacebar now sets a tactical units moves to zero AND cancels their destination.

For those who want to play v1.08 in multiplayer mode, you will need to set Impulse to show Pre-release versions:

We designated multiplayer as “beta” because we disabled playing against AI until next week. I had written a lot of AI code this week that is in the single player version but had not been adequately tested for MP. We didn’t want to give players the impression that was considered the feature set in multiplayer as being all that’s coming.

Next week we anticipate releasing v1.09 which will continue to address issues that were not found in the initial release, improve computer AI further and provide it and other new MP features.  After that, we will begin focusing on v1.1 which will be the first post-release update that is designed specifically to extending game play.

Anyone who has performance or technical (stability) problems with this build please make sure you you let us know. At this stage, the technical issues that were present at launch should be fully addressed. If this isn’t the case for you, let us know as much as you can about your system as we will personalize our efforts as much as possible.

We are anxious to move forward to begin our traditional policy of extending the game to suit the desires of the gaming community.

Version 1.08 should be up on Impulse sometime this evening.

Steam profile
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: