http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 10:51:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Impressions  (Read 47627 times)
coopasonic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #520 on: April 05, 2006, 09:10:20 PM »

Quote from: "walTer"
Oh and maxing your Repair skill... def worth the price as well- since once you get to ugh, not sure of the level, but you will then be able to repair enchanted items with repair hammers- MUCH cheaper that way.

50 for repairing magic items, 75 for improving items by 25%, 100 for no longer consuming hammers

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: April 05, 2006, 11:28:13 PM »

Where do you guys get all this money?  I'm broke as a joke out here.  I haven't stolen anything which might have something to do with it.  Trying to lead a clean life.  Money is tight.  Thanfully I don't really have a lot I need to buy, but doing more training would be nice.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 05, 2006, 11:41:42 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
Where do you guys get all this money?  I'm broke as a joke out here.  I haven't stolen anything which might have something to do with it.  Trying to lead a clean life.  Money is tight.  Thanfully I don't really have a lot I need to buy, but doing more training would be nice.

You don't start getting good loot really until about level 10...I am currenly 15 and I can clear and easy 1500-2000 gold on a dungeon now....
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: April 05, 2006, 11:44:58 PM »

I got 30,000 gold by thumping one dude and just taking what he had on him and could have taken more but my finger got tired of hitting the A button.  Could have gone on til I had a million if I desired.  A bug obviously.  I am sure you already know about it - it's the Dorian snafu.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 07, 2006, 02:22:03 PM »

Anyone else find the horses awkward to control?  Besides using a different control scheme from the avatar, their turn speeds are incredibly slow.  I find myself running most places because it feels faster and more fluid.  Plus I can get right into combat if something or someone jumps me.

Tangentially, how do you heal your horse if it gets caught in the middle of an altercation?

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: April 07, 2006, 03:30:46 PM »

Quote from: "Hotfreak"
Anyone else find the horses awkward to control?  Besides using a different control scheme from the avatar, their turn speeds are incredibly slow.  I find myself running most places because it feels faster and more fluid.  Plus I can get right into combat if something or someone jumps me.

Tangentially, how do you heal your horse if it gets caught in the middle of an altercation?

Not sure about the heal but 3rd person is definitely a better way to ride, I have found.

I also dumped my first free horse, as running does seem the better way to travel.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 07, 2006, 04:58:36 PM »

There are heal other spells in the game.   Can also use these (in theory) to keep NPCs in quests alive.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 11, 2006, 06:59:03 PM »

I had another cool GamerZen (TM) moment last night. I was high up in the mountains and was crossing a footbridge and decided to look at the view. In the far distance about a 2 miles or so I guess I could actually make out the capital city. That was so cool and just gave me this intense feeling of immersion and that the land wasn't just a set of cells that loaded as I stepped into them. Bethesda really did a great job with this game.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 11, 2006, 09:13:22 PM »

In the far distance about a 2 miles or so I guess I could actually make out the capital city.

I loved seeing the capital from a mountain peak as well, at least until I looked at the map and realized how far away I should have been.  I really wish they spread the landmass out a little more, even with some empty areas.  Its just too dense in places.

Still having a blast with the game after far to many hours.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
phormio
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 12, 2006, 01:51:43 AM »

This is the first RPG that actually makes me feel as though I'm really in the woods when I'm supposed to be in the woods.

I was tromping through the wilderness to the east of Skingrad last night (heading for water, looking for Nirnroot) and I had to just stop and look. It was nighttime and the sky through the treetops was actually beautiful..., the crickets were chirping, the wind was rustling the leaves..., I might've sat there until dawn if that Timberwolf hadn't attacked me.

Outstanding game.  thumbsup My GOTY barring some miracle down the road.

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." --Mitch Hedberg
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 12, 2006, 03:17:19 AM »

A guard in Anvil called me a tree-hugger today.  Made me chuckle, being a wood elf and all  :lol:

TheMissingLink on PSN
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: April 13, 2006, 01:52:11 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
A guard in Anvil called me a tree-hugger today.  Made me chuckle, being a wood elf and all  :lol:

The Blademaster in the Arena told me to go "kill those tree swingers" or something like that when I went to battle the wood elf twins. :lol:

I love the humor in the game.  A khajiit bandit called my Argonian "lizard boy."

In the Arena:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Damn, that yellow champion was TOUGH.  Thanks for the assist, Porkchop!

All hail the new Grand Champion!

Oh yeah, my money woes are WAY over.  I just wish I could find a merchant that can give me what the equipment I drag back is worth.  Nobody can really afford all the spare ebony armor and hammers I have.  With 40k I'm about ready to buy a new house.  I'm a little hesitant after the first one though. :wink:   All that and I still haven't even advanced the story beyond the monk giving me a horse.  This game has LEGS baby!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
warning

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 04, 2006, 06:04:06 PM »

Arise!

I've played 12 hours of Oblivion and I'm only level 4!

And that's fine with me.

I'd played the PC version and tried the main quest with a fighter but got spanked pretty hard at Kvatch and gave up on it.  I ended up doing most of the guild quests and sidequests with a mage character.

Now I'm playing the 360 version and I decided I wanted to tackle the main quest for some of the achievements so I ended up using the "slow-levelling warrior" from Gamespot's guide.  My stats are:

Race: Redguard
Birthsign: Warrior
Specialization: Combat
Favored attributes: Strength, Endurance

Major skills
Blunt
Conjuration
Heavy Armor
Block
Security
Mercantile
Speechcraft

But I'm not using blunt weapons at all - I'm actually using Blades which tends to make my level-ups happen very slowly.  As a result I've been getting +5 Endurance with each level-up and +4 or +5 Strength with each one.  I'm only up to level 4 but that's okay with me.  The defense of Kvatch was very do-able.  I've now made it through the Bruma Gate and am now ready for Allies for Bruma.  So far the only tough part was the 5th vampire for the Azura's Star quest.  I think he must be a fixed level as he keeps wiping me out no matter what tactic I choose.

But on the whole the game is very enjoyable now and I can certainly see me finishing the main quest and maybe even re-doing some of the side quests.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 27, 2008, 04:51:45 PM »

I have logged over 120 hours in this game.  I have over 470 saves.  I have explored every far corner of the land.  I have completed every side quest I've encountered.  I have completed all Guild quests except for the Dark Brotherhood.  And I finally returned to the main questline to complete what can only be described as an epic gaming experience.

And then the game was completely ruined for me and I wonder if I'll ever finish it, which pains me to say because of how much time and effort I've devoted to it.

As I follow this philosophy:

Because Oblivion has been in circulation for a few years and all have had ample time to explore the storyline, I don't intend to place my compliants in "spoiler" tags unless urged to do so.

Throughout the game, outside of the Kvatch mission, Oblivion gates have been rather optional.  You can explore at your own risk, but you are free to keep a wide berth if you so choose.  And given the types of enemies I encounter in each and every damn Oblivion gate (the black widow spider chicks who stun you, armored guards, mini-dinosaurs, and rock creatures), I've chosen to avoid them as much as possible, unless curiosity gets the better of me and I hope to find some special treasure worth risking my life to discover. 

And then you reach a point where you must solicit support from all of the land's towns in order to thwart the dark threat, but Oblivion gates have opened outside of each and every town and they refuse support until you have closed each and every Oblivion gate.  Every single one.  Are.  You.  Fucking.  Kidding.  Me.

Each gate can take more than an hour to complete, and because I have to close a number of them, the gameplay has degraded to the same damn thing over and over again.  But, unlike before, when I could follow welcoming distractions such as a side quest or special guild quests, I have nothing left but the main quest to complete.  And it no longer offers stimulating dialogue, exciting adventure, or interesting exploration.  Just Oblivion gate after Oblivion gate after Oblivion gate.  And each one seems harder than the last.

And until I complete this bullshit, the story has come to a screeching and painful halt.  All fun has been drained from the game and I am forced to enter Oblivion gates outside of each and every F-ing city.  My current gate has a series of towers called "Earthquake", "Tornado", "Tsunami", etc, and in the center is the main tower with the vigil stone at the top.  Each side tower is connected to the main tower by a series of walkways, but none go to the upper level where the ramp leads to the actual stone.  I wasted over an hour trying to find access to the top portion of the main tower to close the damn gate and instead I walk into room after room filled with 8 to 10 difficult enemies I am expected to fight at once.  W.  T.  F.   icon_mad

Oblivion isn't fun anymore, but I feel some stupid sense of responsibility to finish it as I've already come this far.  But F-ing Christ whose bright idea was it to not only force you to close an Oblivion gate, but to close one outside of every damn city.  And to fill them with the toughest beasts in the game.  And to make them so hard to navigate that not only do you have difficulty fighting off enemies, but you can't even find where you're supposed to go.  And I've been unable to begin Mass Effect because I fear once I start a new RPG I'll never get back to Oblivion.  I am so close to the end, but this Oblivion gate nonsense makes it feel so far away.

disgust       

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 27, 2008, 05:02:16 PM »

pete, drop the difficulty level down to the minimum.  sure it could be considered cheating, but who the hell cares?  it's your game and playing through the way you are is only pissing you off.  at least then you get through the 8-10 capital A-hole enemies without making every room an epic battle.

i agree though, the gates sucked after a while. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 27, 2008, 05:05:05 PM »

Quote from: Caine on August 27, 2008, 05:02:16 PM

pete, drop the difficulty level down to the minimum.  sure it could be considered cheating, but who the hell cares?  it's your game and playing through the way you are is only pissing you off.  at least then you get through the 8-10 capital A-hole enemies without making every room an epic battle.

+1

Nobody will judge you.  If you aren't having fun with the combat anymore, just see it to the end.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 27, 2008, 05:07:53 PM »

I didn't even think to adjust the difficulty.  I can't stand walking into a room and finding two rock monsters, three soldiers, two spider wenches, a couple of mini-dinosaurs, and a two-legged crocodile, as if losing my way wasn't frustrating enough.

Most of the main quest missions have had some variety, they've moved the story forward, and I've really enjoyed seeing what happens next.  But in the case of the Oblivion gates this mission is taking forever and it's painfully repetitive.  I'll try adjusting the difficulty so that I can get this nightmare over with.  Hopefully the rest of the story picks up after I struggle through this mess.  Thanks for the tip.  At least I'll be more likely to finish the game if I could just get passed these gates.

Quote from: The Grue on August 27, 2008, 05:05:05 PM

+1

Nobody will judge you.  If you aren't having fun with the combat anymore, just see it to the end.

I guess I've just always tried to play through a game the way it was meant to be played through.  I've never in my life used a cheat code (well, Contra doesn't count  ninja), I try to avoid using walkthroughs at all costs, and I have never dropped the difficulty level just to finish a game, but in this case I think it is warranted.

I just hope this won't place my fabulosness in question.  Fabulous
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 05:09:29 PM by PeteRock » Logged

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 27, 2008, 05:12:58 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 27, 2008, 05:07:53 PM

I guess I've just always tried to play through a game the way it was meant to be played through.  I've never in my life used a cheat code (well, Contra doesn't count  ninja), I try to avoid using walkthroughs at all costs, and I have never dropped the difficulty level just to finish a game, but in this case I think it is warranted.

Look guys, he fell for it!!! Pussy!!!! Pussy!!!!

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 27, 2008, 05:21:03 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on August 27, 2008, 05:12:58 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on August 27, 2008, 05:07:53 PM

Look guys, he fell for it!!! Pussy!!!! Pussy!!!!

icon_lol

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 27, 2008, 05:37:44 PM »

Yeah, I do NOT look back fondly on the umpteen gates I had to close in the main quest.  What made it even more unbearable for me was that each one had hall after hall and room after room that looked exactly alike.  It was so friggin' easy to just wander in a circle for hours until you found the one right door amongst the 1200 that looked exactly the same that I almost threw my controller down in disgust more than once.    icon_mad

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: August 27, 2008, 05:46:07 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 27, 2008, 05:37:44 PM

Yeah, I do NOT look back fondly on the umpteen gates I had to close in the main quest.  What made it even more unbearable for me was that each one had hall after hall and room after room that looked exactly alike.  It was so friggin' easy to just wander in a circle for hours until you found the one right door amongst the 1200 that looked exactly the same that I almost threw my controller down in disgust more than once.    icon_mad

Oh yeah, my controller was certainly thrown down in dusgust a number of times last night, especially following a bullshit death and the hands of 15 enemies at once.  Although I at least make sure to throw my controller down relatively lightly into a pile of pillows to minimize the dirty look from my wife and the inevitable, "I'm not buying you a new one," comment.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 27, 2008, 06:03:37 PM »

For me, the worst part of the gates was that I saved the main quest until I had finished all of the side quests.  So, all I had left was monotony.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: August 27, 2008, 06:15:01 PM »

Escape Sewers 3/21/2006
Top Arena 3/26/2006
Top Fighters Guild 3/28/2006
Top Dark Brotherhood 4/1/2006
Top Mages Guild 4/1/2006
Top Theives Guild 4/1/2006
Last Oblivion Achievement 4/2/2006
My Son Born 5/26/2006

The only achievements I have left are close the final gate and complete the main quest... you'd think I could get around to that in the more than 2 years since I last put the disc in my 360... particularly considering I got every other achievement in the span of 13 days.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 27, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »

i loved this game and its one of few titles i havent traded in,and one even fewer titles that i have all the achievements for(1250/1250)

one day(or one year)when i have the time,i will try another race(as in race of character,not race around Kvatch or Cyrodil even)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 27, 2008, 07:27:27 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 27, 2008, 05:46:07 PM

Oh yeah, my controller was certainly thrown down in dusgust a number of times last night, especially following a bullshit death and the hands of 15 enemies at once.

That kind of behavior is very un-fabulous...
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 27, 2008, 10:09:29 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 27, 2008, 04:51:45 PM

And then you reach a point where you must solicit support from all of the land's towns in order to thwart the dark threat, but Oblivion gates have opened outside of each and every town and they refuse support until you have closed each and every Oblivion gate.  Every single one.  Are.  You.  Fucking.  Kidding.  Me.

I don't think this is true.  For starters, you're not required to get their support.  And secondly, there should be only one gate per town you have to close.  Not every single gate! 
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 27, 2008, 10:11:46 PM »

Quote from: kathode on August 27, 2008, 10:09:29 PM

I don't think this is true.  For starters, you're not required to get their support.  And secondly, there should be only one gate per town you have to close.  Not every single gate! 

I think he meant every one outside of a town.  I remember this part and I wasn't fond of it, either.  Was about the only downside to the game.  The Oblivion gates aren't so interesting that you would want to do them more than twice, honestly.

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 27, 2008, 10:13:46 PM »

Quote from: kathode on August 27, 2008, 10:09:29 PM

My point was that you have to close each gate outside of a city or town.  Not every gate in the game.  If I'm not required to get their support, then why did Martin Septim tell me to get the support of all of the towns as part of my quest, and then when I arrived at each town why did each leader require me to close the Oblivion gate outside their doors before providing support that Septim asked for?  And why won't the story proceed until I've done all of this if it's not required?  I think it is required for me to continue on the main quest, but I didn't explain "every gate outside of a city" very well.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 27, 2008, 10:19:29 PM »

FINISH THE DARK BROTHERHOOD GUILD QUESTS

TheMissingLink on PSN
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 27, 2008, 10:26:30 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 27, 2008, 10:13:46 PM

My point was that you have to close each gate outside of a city or town.  Not every gate in the game.  If I'm not required to get their support, then why did Martin Septim tell me to get the support of all of the towns as part of my quest, and then when I arrived at each town why did each leader require me to close the Oblivion gate outside their doors before providing support that Septim asked for?  And why won't the story proceed until I've done all of this if it's not required?  I think it is required for me to continue on the main quest, but I didn't explain "every gate outside of a city" very well.

No, you can go talk to the Queen of Bruma (or maybe Martin) and she'll berate you for being a lazy jerk, but you can definitely proceed without gaining any support at all.  Just looked it up in the strat guide to be sure smile  Hey it's been a while!  It's not made clear that you don't have to do it, I'll definitely give you that. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:28:02 PM by kathode » Logged
Wheelman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 27, 2008, 10:40:15 PM »

Yep - The only downside to not helping a town is you won't get any of that towns guards to assist with the defense of Bruma, but I don't think that will matter much.

Also the Dark Brotherhood contains some of the most compelling quests in the game, you should check it out.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 27, 2008, 10:49:22 PM »

Quote from: kathode on August 27, 2008, 10:26:30 PM

No, you can go talk to the Queen of Bruma (or maybe Martin) and she'll berate you for being a lazy jerk, but you can definitely proceed without gaining any support at all.  Just looked it up in the strat guide to be sure smile  Hey it's been a while!  It's not made clear that you don't have to do it, I'll definitely give you that. 

Son of a bitch.  So those masochistic bastards gave me the impression I had to do this when in actuality I could have just walked away, reengaged them in convesation, and continued on with the storyline?  Fuckers.  I've already gained the support of a number of cities with perhaps three remaining (or maybe less), so I'm not completely lazy, but certainly fed up with Oblivion gates.  Thanks for checking on that.  You saved me a great deal of heartache and frustration.

Quote from: Wheelman on August 27, 2008, 10:40:15 PM

Also the Dark Brotherhood contains some of the most compelling quests in the game, you should check it out.

I've played through the entire game as a good character so I have been holding off on the Dark Brotherhood until I've finished the main quest so that I wouldn't risk undermining the pristine image I worked so hard to develop.  Even in Cyrodiil I must be fabulous.  Fabulous

It's good to know that the Dark Brotherhood will provide a compelling journey.  I found most of the quests to be really interesting, and the Thieves' Guild was by far my favorite.  But it sounds like the Dark Brotherhood will be rather interesting and worth completing once I finish the main quest.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: August 28, 2008, 12:04:58 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 27, 2008, 10:49:22 PM

Quote from: kathode on August 27, 2008, 10:26:30 PM

Son of a bitch.  So those masochistic bastards gave me the impression I had to do this when in actuality I could have just walked away, reengaged them in convesation, and continued on with the storyline?  Fuckers.  I've already gained the support of a number of cities with perhaps three remaining (or maybe less), so I'm not completely lazy, but certainly fed up with Oblivion gates.  Thanks for checking on that.  You saved me a great deal of heartache and frustration.

Quote from: Wheelman on August 27, 2008, 10:40:15 PM

I've played through the entire game as a good character so I have been holding off on the Dark Brotherhood until I've finished the main quest so that I wouldn't risk undermining the pristine image I worked so hard to develop.  Even in Cyrodiil I must be fabulous.  Fabulous

It's good to know that the Dark Brotherhood will provide a compelling journey.  I found most of the quests to be really interesting, and the Thieves' Guild was by far my favorite.  But it sounds like the Dark Brotherhood will be rather interesting and worth completing once I finish the main quest.

Now I may finish the main quest as well... and the Dark Botherhood line is BETTER than the main quest. Much better.

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 28, 2008, 12:08:31 AM »

Well, now that I am over last night's frustration and finally know that I don't have to close all of the Oblivion gates plaguing the local cities I can get back to the main quest and then see what I've been missing in the Dark Brotherhood storyline.  And hopefully I can complete Oblivion soon so that I can move on to Mass Effect.  I seem to have some kind of mental block with playing more than one RPG at a time, and so once I finish Oblivion I will finally be able to move on.  I've been really anxious to play Mass Effect, but Oblivion has been lingering and oh so close to completion.  Almost there.

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 28, 2008, 01:29:37 AM »

the Dark Brotherhood quests are by far the best sequence in the game.  the main quest has a satisfying conclusion, but every quest for the Brotherhood is unique and interesting in a way that the main story just doesn't possess.  they're both worth seeing through to the end though...especially after you've put so much time in already.

as for recruiting the support of every city for the end of the main storyline, it's definitely not necessary.  i closed all the gates to earn their support, but i honestly don't think it was much help.  after playing for 140 hours, my character was so much stronger than the NPCs that they just couldn't stand up to the leveled enemies anymore.  i stuck out closing all the games just because i'm a completist, but i wouldn't waste your time if you're getting bored.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: August 28, 2008, 03:48:29 PM »

Last night I followed the suggestion to tune down the difficulty and it made a world of difference.  Oblivion gates that used to take over an hour to complete were finished in 15 minutes or less.  The lower difficulty level made things so much more managable that I just continued on with closing all of the Oblivion gates, anyway.  I think I have only one or two left (apparently I still had a number to go) and I'm back to enjoying the game again.  Based on the comments on the Dark Brotherhood quest I'm anxious to finish the main quest to see what everyone is talking about.  I'm hoping to finish the main quest tonight if I don't get suckered into flying to Albuquerque with our southwest VP this afternoon (fucker still hasn't given me a definitive answer yet), and I should have some time to get started on the Dark Brotherhood this weekend.

The difficulty adjustment suggestion was key. 

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 28, 2008, 03:59:57 PM »

I've logged so many hours in the 360 version of Oblivion that I've decided I'm going to restart (and hopefully this time finish) the Shattered Isles expansion on the PC with the new version 2 poopmod that some kind folks are currently working on.  I also need to finish the Dark Brotherhood and Fighter's guild lines while I'm at it.  Hopefully going this route will make the experience fresh enough that I won't notice stuff I've already done countless times in my many, many hours on the 360.   icon_wink

edit:  poopmod version 2 is done!   (hope it's okay to cross post this.  If this is a breach of etiquette please let me know and i'll remove it)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:04:40 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 28, 2008, 04:40:26 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on August 28, 2008, 03:48:29 PM

The difficulty adjustment suggestion was key. 

glad to have helped you there pete.  smile 

i think my current replay will stall out soon though.  i decided to go back to bully before mercs 2 hits, and then that should last through to the next big release. 

it may be some time before i get back to oblivion.  hopefully before fallout 3.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 28, 2008, 04:44:54 PM »

Quote from: Caine on August 28, 2008, 04:40:26 PM

it may be some time before i get back to oblivion.  hopefully before fallout 3.

Christ, I forgot about that.  I've been putting off starting Mass Effect until I finish Oblivion, but I forgot about the fast approach of Fallout 3.  I'm really going to have to pick up the pace.  Oblivion will be finished this weekend and I need to start Mass Effect. 

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 28, 2008, 05:04:24 PM »

don't worry too much pete.  it's still about 2 months away before fo3 and mass effect can be beaten in less time than that, especially if you take a more moderate approach to finishing side quests.  even if you do everything, you still won't hit 120 hours in one playthrough.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: