http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 03:31:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Impressions  (Read 47684 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2006, 08:12:14 PM »

Hah, if you guys see me online at the time, invite me to the chat because I'm really liking the game too.

I let my friends play Oblivion, and even one that hated morrowind with a passion likes Oblivion.  They just got it right.

However, I also had a story where they were unprepared for the new feature of monsters going across zones.

In one instance, my friend had gone into an old fort, got in a little too much trouble and ran for the door zone.  As he stepped outside he breathed a sigh of relief, but I was grinning an evil grin as he did so.  When he asked me what was up I told him NPCs can now go through zones, and just then the imp that had been chasing him showed up and nailed him with a fireball.  He freaked out, but finally managed to kill it.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: March 25, 2006, 08:16:35 PM »

How many people can be in a private chat on 360 at one time?
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 25, 2006, 09:47:38 PM »

Having NPC's follow you is interesting.

Once I was somewhere stealing stuff and got caught, so I ran. The person followed me out of the castle, and into someone else's house.

Another time I got caught (see a pattern?) I went outside, ran towards a guard and let the person chasing me hit me. Since the guard so that and not my tresspassing, he started to lay the smackdown on him!

I haven't done anything on the main quest after the initial dungeon. I think I might try to do all the other missions in the game first.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: March 26, 2006, 01:16:20 AM »

Quote from: "Punisher"
I haven't done anything on the main quest after the initial dungeon. I think I might try to do all the other missions in the game first.

ALL the other missions? We'll see you in a month. biggrin

31.5 hours in, and I know I haven't scratched the game. Only 'done' 2 towns and parts of the Imperial City, none of the main quest, and a smattering of the Guilds/Arena line.

We'll see you in a while.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 26, 2006, 01:34:23 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
Hah, if you guys see me online at the time, invite me to the chat because I'm really liking the game too.

I let my friends play Oblivion, and even one that hated morrowind with a passion likes Oblivion.  They just got it right.

However, I also had a story where they were unprepared for the new feature of monsters going across zones.

In one instance, my friend had gone into an old fort, got in a little too much trouble and ran for the door zone.  As he stepped outside he breathed a sigh of relief, but I was grinning an evil grin as he did so.  When he asked me what was up I told him NPCs can now go through zones, and just then the imp that had been chasing him showed up and nailed him with a fireball.  He freaked out, but finally managed to kill it.

If you visted GG back in the day when Morrowind was out, you'd know my strong distaste for Morrowind.  I hated that game, it was incredibly boring.

I wasn't sure I'd like oblivion, just based on my experience with MW, but hype got to me, and I know I couldn't talk shit about Oblivion if I didn't at least try it and give it a chance (like i did with MW).  So, after expecting to be bored, I loaded it up, and man I'm floored.  The game is awesome.  Even with the interface issues, the game is a blast to play.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: March 26, 2006, 02:35:02 AM »

Quote from: "naednek"
Even with the interface issues, the game is a blast to play.

A ton of the interface issues are being worked out. For example, as of right now, you can mod your interface to show 12 items at a time instead of the default 6. And I expect a zoomable world map within the next 24 hours, tops.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=295081

Take a visit and download what's there. The first post has been heavily edited since it first came out (with new downloads), but all the details that everybody has been working on is worth a quick read.

The modders are in full force with this game.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 26, 2006, 03:18:51 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"

ALL the other missions? We'll see you in a month. biggrin

31.5 hours in, and I know I haven't scratched the game. Only 'done' 2 towns and parts of the Imperial City, none of the main quest, and a smattering of the Guilds/Arena line.

We'll see you in a while.

Maybe, but it "seems" like I'm going through them at a pretty good clip so far. I am in the Thieve's Guild, Mage's Guild, andDark brotherhood. so far, quite a few quests are in the same areas for each other. I "think" that I have done at least 1/2 of 3 towns so far. I think I will use the hintbook and make an excel sheet with all of the quest names so I can check them off as I do them to see if I miss any...
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: March 26, 2006, 03:23:06 AM »

From occasionally looking over at my brother play Oblivion, the game seems a shitload better than Morrowind, though one thing really worries me -- the auto-scaling of, well, the entire game world.

Why have stats or levels at all if you're going to scale all experiences a player can have back to those stats/levels?  Character advancement becomes essentially insignificant compared to the meta-advancement of the player's skill with the game controls and understanding of the game mechanics.

Hopefully it'll be less of an issue that some posters are making it out to be.  It'll suck if, 40 hours into it, I don't feel that much better than I was after 4.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 26, 2006, 04:00:17 AM »

Ok, I got bit by a vampire during my sleep,

Now I'm melting under the sun.

How do I cure it?

I tried praying but that didn't do anything. I don't want to bite people every day. I don't want to be a vampire
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 26, 2006, 04:10:57 AM »

well found the easy way...

press tilda key (~) and type player.additem 000977E4 1

gives you a cure vampire potion.  it's also worth 2000 gold smile  but i'm not gonna go that far in cheating

I just don't think I should be forced to be a vampire
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 26, 2006, 04:47:16 AM »

well found the easy way...

press tilda key (~) and type player.additem 000977E4 1

gives you a cure vampire potion.  it's also worth 2000 gold smile  but i'm not gonna go that far in cheating

I came *so* close to becoming a vampire- I fought several in a dungeon and never noticed that I contracted the disease.  A while later I'm looking through my stats I see that my Fatigue is Red (ie has a permanent negative multiplier  attached) and see that I have the Vampire disease which, according to the strategy guide, will turn into full blown vampirism three days after contracting it.  Well, I'm not sure how long its been since I was in that dungeon but I know it was damn close to three days.  I stopped what I was doing and made a beeline to the nearest temple to be cured.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 26, 2006, 04:56:08 AM »

Can anyone point me to an Illusion trainer and to someone who sells Illusion spells?  I'm level 5 and the only Illusion spell I have is the one that makes a green glow surround you.  Kinda hard to level that one up!

I'm afraid the vampires disagree with you.   Cool
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: March 26, 2006, 05:08:53 AM »

I want to say that the illusion trainer is in Anvil.  I may be mistaken..

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 26, 2006, 06:22:19 AM »

Quote from: "warning"
Can anyone point me to an Illusion trainer and to someone who sells Illusion spells?  I'm level 5 and the only Illusion spell I have is the one that makes a green glow surround you.  Kinda hard to level that one up!

I'm afraid the vampires disagree with you.   Cool
'

Pretty sure the Mages Guild branch in the town that starts with a B that is not Bruma specializes in Illusion.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 26, 2006, 07:40:27 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
I want to say that the illusion trainer is in Anvil.  I may be mistaken..

Anvil it was.  Thanks!  I'd been all over the damn place!
warning

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 26, 2006, 08:02:30 AM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
From occasionally looking over at my brother play Oblivion, the game seems a shitload better than Morrowind, though one thing really worries me -- the auto-scaling of, well, the entire game world.

Why have stats or levels at all if you're going to scale all experiences a player can have back to those stats/levels?  Character advancement becomes essentially insignificant compared to the meta-advancement of the player's skill with the game controls and understanding of the game mechanics.

Hopefully it'll be less of an issue that some posters are making it out to be.  It'll suck if, 40 hours into it, I don't feel that much better than I was after 4.

I was worried about this also and didn't exactly understand the system they'd developed.  Then I found this post (link) at the official forums and it made a lot more sense.  In case the original post gets buried or disappears I'll quote it here:
Beginner's Guide to Level Lists, specifically NPCS and Creatures

Ok, I have been digging around the Construction Set for a while, and pouring over the TESCS wiki, and figured I would share some information about Level Lists, specifically with respect to Creatures, NPCs and the level enemies you fight, because I know a lot of people here have questions about it, and/or are misinterpereting how it actually works. So here goes nothing...

Intro to Level Lists

A Level List is essentially a List of objects that can spawn in the game at a given location. Associated with each creature on the list is a level value, which corresponds to the minimum PC level required for that creature to be able to spawn. Level Lists can be set up either to A) randomly spawn any creature whose associated PC spawn level is below the actual PC level, or B) spawn only the creature whose associated PC spawn level is closest to, but not exceeding the actual PC level.

Example (simplified) Level List

1 Rat
1 Wolf
1 Deer
6 Timber Wolf
12 Mountain Lion
16 Brown Bear

Lets assume our PC is level 12. If the list is configured for case A above, then there is an equal chance for a Rat, Wolf, Deer, or Mountain Lion to spawn. There is a 0% chance for a Bear to spawn, because the required spawn level is greater than the PC's level. If the list is configured for case B, then only a Mountain Lion could spawn, because it has the closest required spawn level to the PC actual level, WITHOUT exceeding it. By far, the most common configuration is the A type level list, so even when a PC is high level, he will still encounter many lower level spawns in addition to the higher level ones.

Creatures

Basic Creatures

Lets start with the most basic of enemies. This is, of course, the random, non-magical animal encounter, including your mudcrabs, rats, deer, wolves, boars, bears, and mountain lions. These creatures are all randomly spawned in the wild according to the player level. HOWEVER, contrary to popular belief, all of these creatures levels are FIXED. You will never find a normal rat or deer at anything but level 1, for example, and you will never find a normal mountain lion at anything but level 10, or a brown bear at anything but level 14, regardless of the PC's level. Consequently, when you first venture out into the wilderness you won't find anything other than rats, wolves, deer, etc., but as you level up, you will see mountain lions and bears start to spawn in addition to lower level mobs. However, no matter how high your level gets, you will NEVER see these creatures "gain levels" with you.

Mythic Creatures

Another type of enemy you may encounter are Mythic Creatures. These are in separate from normal creatures and their level lists generally have them spawn around ruins and other distinctive features. These include imps, spriggans, trolls, ogres, etc. These function almost exactly like the normal creatures listed above, with one very notable exeption. In general, the HIGHEST LEVEL type of creature on the List is set to vary with the PC level by some offset (PC level -3, PC level +2, etc.). The end result of this is that while the lower level types of these enemies will get significantly easier as you level up, because they are fixed level creatures, when you encounter the highest level of these creatures, they will gain levels with you (presumably so the PC always has something challenging to fight).

Daedra

Daedra, even though they have their own separate Level Lists, function almost exactly like Mythic Creatures, in that only the highest level types will level up along with the player. (basically just Xivilai and Dremoras). All atronachs and lesser daedra are fixed level.

Undead

Ditto for undead too. Randomly generated ghosts, skeletons, and zombies are all fixed level, and the high level liches level up with the PC.

NPC's

Bandit/Outlaw type enemy NPC's

Generally speaking, all randomly generated enemy NPCs that you would typically find in a cave or in a smuggler's camp somewhere level up along with the PC.

Named NPC's

Name'd NPC's are not governed by Level Lists and typically fall into either Merchant-types or combat-type NPCs. Merchants, in general, but not always, will have a fixed level. Combatants (including NPC's involved with quests), in general, but not always, will level up with the PC.

Guards

Guards typically gain levels along with the PC. It is interesting to note that they have one of the highest level offsets in the game, at PC Level +10. They are limited to some pretty crappy armor and weapons though, so that should give the PC an advantage at higher levels.

Final Thoughts

I'll be the first to admit that I was skeptical about the new Level Lists in Oblivion when I first heard about them, however upon closer inspection, they are really starting to grow on me. Generally, they ensure that any quest or dungeon the PC encounters while roaming the countryside is doable, assuming the PC is moderately prepared and the developers didn't intentionally throw a non-random high level creature into the mix. At the same time, because the vast majority of creatures have fixed levels, the player feels a sense of accomplishment from leveling up, because eventually they will be significantly stronger than, and able to one shot, the wolves, bears, and even atronachs that previously were tough fights. Because, typically, lower level monsters still have a chance to spawn even when the PC is high level, the AVERAGE level and toughness of creature the PC fights gets lower and lower as they level up, again, giving a sense of accomplishment. However, there is always the chance of a higher level creature spawning which will really give the PC a run for their money, and keep the game challenging.

I do have one gripe though, and that's the guards. There should really be a level cap imposed on them so that eventually, the PC, who is supposed to be a hero, will get significantly stronger than them.

All in all though, kudos to Bethesda for the innovative Level List system, and for making a great game altogether. I hope this little guide helped clear up some of the misconceptions about Level lists.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 26, 2006, 10:02:42 AM »

Hit my first snag with the game.  LOVED IT up until the 28th hour mark which absolutely irritated me, infuriated me and annoyed me for a couple of hours tonight until I completed it.  It's all good now, but boy that was a couple of tedious hours.  I think my class-selection had something to do with it...

Oblivion Gate spoilers ahoy:

Spoiler for Hiden:
The difficulty of the game had been perfect until I stepped into the Oblivion Gate.  Therein, I am greeted with baddies I am unable to stand toe-to-toe with.  THREE/FOUR HITS AND I'M DEAD.  I forget the names of these particular creatures, but they're really fast.  I'm able to sidestep the magic some of the baddies throw at me, and by using my speed (I have it up to 80 and basically rely on that as well as my marksmen skill) I keep my enemy on their toes; but these guys are different.

I felt pathetic playing through that section.  What I did was snuck into a door, spotted one of those guys and did a sneak attack for 3x-6x the damage and went out the door again.  I'd enter the door again and they'd be walking again where I'd sneak attack them again.

I did this for a solid 2 hours or so, until I got super-fucking-sick of it, and mad a mad dash for the final thinga-ma-jigger to close the gate.

Why in the world does the difficulty ramp up so bad in the Oblivion Gate?  I am playing a pretty weak assassin/thief type character, so perhaps this is only a problem for this type of player, but damn, is the main quest all about brute strength or something?

TheMissingLink on PSN
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: March 26, 2006, 10:21:55 AM »

Heh...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Would it kill you to know I blew through the first Oblivion gate at level 2 as a Thief?

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: March 26, 2006, 12:00:59 PM »

If you're finding a segment too difficult, go the the Gameplay options menu and adjust the difficulty slider down a few notches.  Then when you're satisfied, you can bring the slider back up.

That's one of the best features of the game in my mind.  I can play the game as difficult as I like.  But, my friend who prefers simpler hack and slash games puts the difficulty way down low so he can just mow through enemies.

I think I'll make a sneaky assassin/thief character next to see why everyone's saying it's so weak.  I know my Agent/archer guy was just plain deadly.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: March 26, 2006, 01:02:45 PM »

That could be it for me - I'm an archer primarily.  Its not a major attribute for me, but it is my primary weapon.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: March 26, 2006, 01:04:41 PM »

How do you get to the top of the two towers at Kavatch to close the O gate?  Also, where in the hell is Martin.  Already lost and only 3 hours in.  *embarrassed*

I am Xboxalot on Live.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 26, 2006, 02:36:44 PM »

Ran into a bug last night, but was able to use game mechanics to get around it.  Basically, the head of CHorrol's Fighter's Guild, decided to lock herself up in her room.  I sat outside her door and did a wait of an hour at a time for 3 days of game time and she stayed in there.  Finally, I went and bought a scroll of Easy Lock and unlocked her door and went in.  SHe was lying in bed and she got up and started yelling at me to get out. I initiated conversation, progressed what I had to and left.  She immediately went to the Fighter's Guild, where she usually is.  Not sure how the door got perma-locked.  THe only two places I have seen her normally is the Fighter's Guild and walking around her house, but not stuck up in he room on the third floor for 3 days.  You could argue it's Radiant AI, but I doubt they meant for an NPC who is the head of the Fighter's Guild to be accessible only by committing a crime and leave here there for 3 days.  The fact she immediately went to the Guild after I unlocked the door further proves my suspisicions.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 26, 2006, 02:41:41 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
How do you get to the top of the two towers at Kavatch to close the O gate?  Also, where in the hell is Martin.  Already lost and only 3 hours in.  *embarrassed*

Make sure you have that quest as your active quest.  Your compass should point you in the direction of the right tower, but for the record it is in the one with the Blood Feast thing.  I found this the most difficult part of the game so far.  Just work your way to the top slowly and if you have to, save after you kill every goblin.  Trust me, you don't want to do this more than once.   :lol:

Once you get closer to the top, you will find more doors to enter and at some point you will need a key.  That key is vital to finishing the tower.  Go through every door.  Even though some doors say the same thing on them, they don't always lead to the exact same place.  This was one of the problems that I had.  Don't worry about Brother Martin...you will see him again when you finish this tower.  Oh and please don't make the same mistake I did.  I cleared out the entire tower, but couldn't find the way to finish it so I left and came back.  To my horror when I returned, the entire tower has respawned.   :oops:
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 26, 2006, 05:27:24 PM »

Just had a nice little 'Han Solo' moment.

I'm chasing after this lone opponent whom I've just about beaten down... turn a corner and see about 6 other opponents grouped together.  Whoops!  I turn and run back the way I came at top speed, with the sound of a drawing sword behind me.

I get to a defensible spot and turn to fight... and see one guy.  Apparently the rest of group were from earlier fighting.  I.e. already had broken morale  :lol:

Pikachu, I Blame you!
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 26, 2006, 05:51:55 PM »

The plot missions are much easier if you are low level.  If you are character with a lot of non-combat skills as class skills and you dont touch the plot until late in the game...good luck.

Morrowind was too easy, and definitely needed more of the gameworld leveling up with you.  Oblivion is the other way around though.  If you are not a combat focused character, but you are high level, the game is a hell of a lot tougher than it ought to be.  You will find yourself going nuts on the consumables.

olaf
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 26, 2006, 06:18:04 PM »

I think I may have hit a bug last night also.  

In the Waterfront District, I entered the Tower there.  That room was empty, but I noticed a hatch that went to some gaurd quarters in the floor.  Down I went.  In that next room were some gaurds, and nothing else of interest (at least that I could take with them watching.)  But, the hatch out was now locked!  Said I needed a key to get out!  Well, crap.  I looked around and couldn't find it.  But- one of the gaurds had it on him, with my choices being to pickpocket or kill him.  At level one, either wasn't an option.I even got his disposition maxed, and still found no way to get that key off him.   I was stuck.  I had to reload  previous save.

Also, I have a horse I got by legitimate means.  After exiting the imperial city on one visit, I found that it was now considered a crime for me to ride my horse (the icon changed to red for some reason).  I can't figure that one out either...

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: March 26, 2006, 06:22:36 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"

One thing to keep in mind that mobs not only scale to your level, but they can also adjust within that level.

Which means, you'll fight mobs that are -2, -4, whatever, at the beginning of a dungeon, and then you'll face somebody your level or +2 as a 'boss'.

And something else - this 'entire world scales to your level' aspect makes powerleveling something other than a combat/direct damage power a VERY bad idea. Mobs will outscale you, and you'll find it hard just to survive.

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 26, 2006, 06:32:33 PM »

Quote from: "Interloper"

Also, I have a horse I got by legitimate means.  After exiting the imperial city on one visit, I found that it was now considered a crime for me to ride my horse (the icon changed to red for some reason).  I can't figure that one out either...

Make sure it is your horse at the stable. They look alike, but yours should say "My paint horse" or whatever.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 26, 2006, 06:49:41 PM »

Count me in as one who hated Morrowind but really rather like Oblivion.  The pacing is FAR better.

gellar
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 26, 2006, 06:52:38 PM »

Quote from: "Interloper"

Make sure it is your horse at the stable. They look alike, but yours should say "My paint horse" or whatever.

Plus I hear the horse can wander off a bit from where you left them.  I haven't bought one yet(but I stole one in the middle of the night to make it to the Priory) so I'm not definite if there are hitching posts to stof this or if you just need to stop at the stable.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 26, 2006, 07:10:37 PM »

Heh...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Would it kill you to know I blew through the first Oblivion gate at level 2 as a Thief?

How in the name of ZEUS did you manage that!?

I mean...

Spoiler for Hiden:
I could have played LIKE my character - brought a million invisibility potions, etc.  But you'd think a x6 multiplyer would put the hurt one one of those baddies and it didn't for me.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: March 26, 2006, 07:40:42 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Heh...

Spoiler for Hiden:

How in the name of ZEUS did you manage that!?

I mean...

Spoiler for Hiden:
I could have played LIKE my character - brought a million invisibility potions, etc.  But you'd think a x6 multiplyer would put the hurt one one of those baddies and it didn't for me.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I would sneak up, get my 6X backstab, then backpedal quickly putting arrows into their face.   On the little fire-hurling bastards, I just dodged around pillars and picked em off carefully.  Wasn't easy, but wasn't impossible either.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 26, 2006, 08:49:04 PM »

For me, the marksman character was/is almost too easy in places.  It helps that I have a really high speed stat though.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 26, 2006, 10:32:32 PM »

My speed is in the 90's - you really ZOOM at that level  :lol:

TheMissingLink on PSN
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 26, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »

I need help.  I was sent from Chorrol to Leyawiin to do a Figther's Guild Quest.  So I need to find 5 ectoplasm and I know they drop from ghost, but I'm not given a location to get the ectoplasm.  So can someone direct me to a dungeon with a bunch of Ghost?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 27, 2006, 12:27:47 AM »

Quote from: "Soulchilde"
I need help.  I was sent from Chorrol to Leyawiin to do a Figther's Guild Quest.  So I need to find 5 ectoplasm and I know they drop from ghost, but I'm not given a location to get the ectoplasm.  So can someone direct me to a dungeon with a bunch of Ghost?

i found a group of ghosts in the basement of the temple in Bruma...at least 4-5 of them there Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: March 27, 2006, 12:30:58 AM »

Quote from: "disarm"

i found a group of ghosts in the basement of the temple in Bruma...at least 4-5 of them there Cool

Also visit any of the ruins in the world (the one where you need to collect the 10 something for that guy in the Imperial City). They're usually filled with the living-challenged dead.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 27, 2006, 01:26:54 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Quote from: "disarm"

Also visit any of the ruins in the world (the one where you need to collect the 10 something for that guy in the Imperial City). They're usually filled with the living-challenged dead.

If you're still having problems finding ectoplasm, don't forget to check the various alchemists.  They frequently have one or two and buying them counts the same as 'finding' them off of ghosts.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: March 27, 2006, 01:42:38 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Hit my first snag with the game.  LOVED IT up until the 28th hour mark which absolutely irritated me, infuriated me and annoyed me for a couple of hours tonight until I completed it.  It's all good now, but boy that was a couple of tedious hours.  I think my class-selection had something to do with it...

Oblivion Gate spoilers ahoy:

Spoiler for Hiden:
The difficulty of the game had been perfect until I stepped into the Oblivion Gate.  Therein, I am greeted with baddies I am unable to stand toe-to-toe with.  THREE/FOUR HITS AND I'M DEAD.  I forget the names of these particular creatures, but they're really fast.  I'm able to sidestep the magic some of the baddies throw at me, and by using my speed (I have it up to 80 and basically rely on that as well as my marksmen skill) I keep my enemy on their toes; but these guys are different.

I felt pathetic playing through that section.  What I did was snuck into a door, spotted one of those guys and did a sneak attack for 3x-6x the damage and went out the door again.  I'd enter the door again and they'd be walking again where I'd sneak attack them again.

I did this for a solid 2 hours or so, until I got super-fucking-sick of it, and mad a mad dash for the final thinga-ma-jigger to close the gate.

Why in the world does the difficulty ramp up so bad in the Oblivion Gate?  I am playing a pretty weak assassin/thief type character, so perhaps this is only a problem for this type of player, but damn, is the main quest all about brute strength or something?

I died a lot in that area as well.  Just kept saving, waiting, and killing a couple of the bad guys and repeating the process.  I found that part to be pretty tedious though.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 27, 2006, 01:52:48 AM »

An update on my game.  I am about 22 hours into it and I think I am level 7.  I have yet to go to the Imperial City.  I have yet to go to all the major cities.  In fact, I have yet to do anything in the main quest apart from the initial delivery of the Amulet of Kings.  This is why I love the Elder Scrolls series.  I have spent a great deal of time in the game and I haven't even seen a fraction of it.  Bravo, Bethesda!

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: