http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 01:01:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EGM rumors - Okami on Wii, Kingdom Hearts, and Jak 4  (Read 1121 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2007, 06:13:01 AM »

1Up has some rumors from the latest EGM - Kingdom Hearts is getting the FF7 treatment with a series of prequel games for different platforms, and Okami is coming to the Wii.  The KH news fits with what Square Enix has said about the next game wouldn't be KH3.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 07:22:18 PM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 06:32:12 AM »

I would give Okami another shot on the Wii.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 06:59:34 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on August 29, 2007, 06:13:01 AM

1Up has some rumors from the latest EGM - Kingdom Hearts is getting the FF7 treatment with a series of prequel games for different platforms, and Okami is coming to the Wii.  The KH news fits with what Square Enix has said about the next game wouldn't be KH3.
Okami on the wii makes a ton of sense.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 10:28:06 AM »

i really have to get back to KH2...but i was waiting for that final remix thing with chain of memories remake in it...are we still getting that?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 11:57:28 AM »

I have played neither, and have no PS2. I say bring it.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 29, 2007, 06:59:34 AM

I seem to remember us all wondering why it wasn't made a Wii launch title in the first place.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 01:16:50 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on August 29, 2007, 12:52:09 PM

Quote from: Calvin on August 29, 2007, 06:59:34 AM

I seem to remember us all wondering why it wasn't made a Wii launch title in the first place.

I can well imagine how much the Wii will enhance the use of the celestial brush that was featured in the game. I agree Okami really should have been a Wii release title,  perhaps the bad feelings between Capcom and Big N over changes in RE4 exclusivity were part of the reason. Definitely a day 1 purchase for me.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 02:48:33 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 29, 2007, 10:28:06 AM

i really have to get back to KH2...but i was waiting for that final remix thing with chain of memories remake in it...are we still getting that?

I've been waiting on hearing if was was going to be published outside of Japan myself.  what'd be really cool is if they decided to put KH1 Final Mix on it too.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 02:51:23 PM »

It feels like Okami is coming home.  I'm glad I never played it.  I'm really looking forward to this.

I also never played Kingdom Hearts.  I hope the originals make it as well.

Now if we could just get Ico...

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 03:20:40 PM »

I'm not sure if I'll bite on Okam-Wii (sorry) or not. It was great, but so brutally overlong. I would be a lot more excited about a sequel for the Wii rather than just a remake.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 03:39:41 PM »

Quote from: JCC on August 29, 2007, 03:20:40 PM

I'm not sure if I'll bite on Okam-Wii (sorry) or not. It was great, but so brutally overlong. I would be a lot more excited about a sequel for the Wii rather than just a remake.

if they're really bringing it over maybe they could tighten the story up some.  I didn't get that far before I got rid of my PS2 but I've always figured I'd pick it up again.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 04:15:20 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 29, 2007, 03:39:41 PM

if they're really bringing it over maybe they could tighten the story up some.  I didn't get that far before I got rid of my PS2 but I've always figured I'd pick it up again.

Yeah, 'cause that's what whiny fanboys are always asking for in a game...fewer levels.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 04:57:33 PM »

If Okami is a straight port then I don't think Wii will add much.  The drawing mechanics aren't in depth at all and were super easy to pull off with the sticks on the Dual Shock.  Also they will probably have to revamp the camera- Wii doesn't play nice with 3rd person games with user-controlled cameras so they would probably have to go with a locked camera like Twilight Princess. 

As to why it wasn't on the Wii in the first place- Okami was released in Japan in April, a full six months before the Wii even launched and also before E3 when Nintendo started to get some momentum behind them. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 02:46:58 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 29, 2007, 04:15:20 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 29, 2007, 03:39:41 PM

Yeah, 'cause that's what whiny fanboys are always asking for in a game...fewer levels.

considering alot of the complaints I've seen where that it was too long I think that might ease that portion of the bitching and open up an entirely new and fresh portion of bitching.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 07:23:27 PM »

I got my EGM yesterday, and there's also a rumor that Naughty Dog will be working on the next game in the Jak & Daxter series after they finish with Uncharted  icon_biggrin

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 07:25:43 PM »

Sounds good to me!  I loved every Jak game (except for the racing game which was merely okay). 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 07:36:15 PM »

Jak 2 was too freaking hardcore for me, yikes. But I like the series and would like to see it on next gen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: