http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 11:02:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EB games not carrying many pc games anymore?  (Read 977 times)
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ironman in training

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2005, 07:09:52 PM »

I was in my local EB this morning interested in picking up the expansion for Everquest 2, Desert of Flames, and they were completly out.  The funny thing was that the other EB in town was sold out too and the salesman checked the system and there isn't even an order in for more, ever.
Is that generally what is happening at EB b&m stores now a days?  I was so surprised i almost laughed at not ever ordering any more.  I checked their supply of other pc games and it was next to nothing.  It's been a while since i've been in one.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 07:49:01 PM »

EB and Software Etc have been dead to me for a couple years. no stock and high prices. I always order from GoGamer. There is ONE local EB that has a nice bargain bin but thats it.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
siege

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 12:28:15 AM »

At my local EB, you either preorder the PC game, or the chances of them having it are slim to none. They simply just don't order more than a copy or two of a big PC game. The lesser known titles, they don't carry at all.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 03:23:55 AM »

It seems like all the EBs have been cutting back lately. My "home" store has a couple of big racks, but they almost never even get things in the day EB says they are supposed to be out. Its very odd. Gamestop/Funcoland around here are almost all console only now.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 03:52:40 PM »

I stopped by the local EB on Friday.  I was looking for NHL 2006 and Lock On Gold, both for the PC.  EB's website told me that my store had both items in stock but when I got there........nada, nothing.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 10:41:08 PM »

It'll be interesting to see if Microsoft's PC offensive that is supposed to coincide with the late 2006 release of Windows Vista will actually reverse the retail decline of PC.  MS says they will aggressively promote PC with money for shelf space, etc.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: