http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 09:32:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: East Side Hockey Manager 2007  (Read 723 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2006, 11:16:50 PM »

Is available for download now.  Anybody else going to try it out?  FM 2007 is great but I really don't know jack about soccer.  I'm looking forward to this new version now that they actually have a decent 2D game in it.  Head over to http://www.eastsidehockeymanager.net/main.php#home and check it out!
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 12:54:39 AM »

I've got the last one ('05?) would love to hear if there's any reason to step up to '07...

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 03:20:34 AM »

Well, I got it today, and I have to say I'm impressed by parts of it, but underwhelmed by the whole.  It seems like there are a whole set of problems related to QA and rushing it out the door in time for the season; the UFA lists are wrong, the fantasy draft breaks if you use view filtering, and there are some serious issues with the (otherwise brilliant) 2D match engine, including ridiculous amounts of icing, shots, and penalties in some games (simmed games have realistic totals, but if you coach one, be prepared to regularly have teams with 30+ PIM and 20+ shots/period).  There were also licensing issues; a massive amount of player photos (and some real players) are missing, several teams are ID'd only by city, and my beloved Capitals are listed as being from Washington, MI.  :icon_eek:

Give it a little more time to simmer; a patch ought to be out Monday fixing the glaring crashes, the UFA lists, and the fantasy drafts.  The community ought to have photo packs out soon for the missing players, and when the editor comes out, some of the more questionable player ratings ought to be fixed by a community roster pack.  I can't imagine it will be that long until a community member puts out files fixing the team and arena names as well.  The 2D match engine is an ongoing concern, however; if they can't fix the suspicious results and the icing AI, this one might not get as much play as the 2005 edition for me.

I guarantee you that this puts me off of SI games for a while, though.  This is the second release I've been burned on in a row (OOTP2006 being far, far worse than this).

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 10:00:48 AM »

Well I've only actually played one preseason match (Leafs kicked the Bruins' asses 11-1)  I didnt notice any icing problems.  Is that perhaps because you have it set to watch the whole game whereas I only have the most important replays shown?  Or are you looking at the end game stats?  I dont know whether or not to get this game or not.  The problem is that as much as I want to like these managing games, I really tend to get bogged down in all the details.  Still the 2D engine is enough reason to get the game itself I think!  Now you can actually watch a game and see whats going on with a puck that actually moves around on the ice instead of simply "portaling" from place to place like it did in the old game.  For $30 Euros it's not a huge hit.  I'm sure most of you wasted more on the latest update of Madden smile
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 06:10:04 PM »

Yeah, I've been watching full games.  I like to do that for the first few weeks of a season, just to diagnose how my offense and defense look and make changes.  It probably isn't counting them as highlights because nothing ever comes of the plays.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: