http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 02:01:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EA putting itself up for sale?  (Read 451 times)
hitbyambulance
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: August 19, 2012, 08:03:33 AM »

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/374794/20120817/electronic-arts-ea-games-sale.htm

no official word yet, but this is probably a natural development for several (perhaps... many) reasons...
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 08:34:49 AM »

So the corporate machine tries to make itself even more corporate?

Well, admittedly, their last efforts to make good games ended up not becoming blockbusters, only Dead Space really made it through that run. Mirror's Edge is nowhere to be seen. Who knows, maybe they'll stop trying to follow in everyone's footsteps for every release after.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 02:18:57 AM »

How does a sellout sell out even more? Stay tuned!

Madden 2013: Brought to you by Coke!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 11:25:57 PM »

I'll buy it. For $1.

It's interesting to see this and Vivendi trying to get rid of Activision. I believe it has to do with recent trends which indicate the traditional publisher of today is going the way of the dodo.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 01:48:56 PM »

Well, also, Activision has hit the point of diminishing returns with milking its properties, Blizzard included. Not to say that it's not very successful, but the success is hitting a very clear peak and may have already gone over it. They're trying to sell now while its value is high, any corporations that might buy them would just deplete the rest of it.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 03:00:50 PM »

Quote from: hitbyambulance on August 19, 2012, 08:03:33 AM

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/374794/20120817/electronic-arts-ea-games-sale.htm

no official word yet, but this is probably a natural development for several (perhaps... many) reasons...
This seems like an excellent opportunity for EA to buy itself.  retard

Better yet, maybe Bioware could buy EA and take it over from within. Sort of like a "Bioware Virus/Sleeper Cell." And then perhaps Bioware would eventually more closely remember the universally beloved "old" Bioware, and not the one getting pounded over SWTOR, ME3's ending, and so forth.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »

I meant to post this here as well as when I put it in the This Is Fun thread. My apologies.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »

Quote from: Purge on August 23, 2012, 02:06:52 PM

I meant to post this here as well as when I put it in the This Is Fun thread. My apologies.

ROFL

That said, couldn't they just sell it to themselves like OnLive did when they fell apart? And screw over every employee in the process? Wouldn't that just go so well?  icon_twisted

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: