http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 03:34:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EA Missing Features Game  (Read 1374 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2006, 12:31:37 PM »

Started thinking of this when I was reading the NHL post.

Let's play a little game where we try to guess which features will be missing from EA's first round of games for next gen systems!

I think we're going to need a list of which games are coming and then we can pick them apart one by one.

Who's IN?

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 12:52:25 PM »

Off the top of my head I can think of the Coach's Challenge missing from Madden, as well as aspects of the franchise mode and commentary, which were both missing.

NCAA Football 2007 has ZERO 1-AA teams and has some other differences also.

I like most of what EA does, but they are the only company I have seen that actually puts LESS effort into games that come out for new systems. Madden 2007 at least looks to be a departure from that.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 01:03:03 PM »

360 NCAA '07 is sort of a joke, features-wise.

TheMissingLink on PSN
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 01:10:17 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"

It's the presentation that is the most lacking. I'm happy with the gameplay, but for the 360 they need to work on the presentation.

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »

After this lets talk about how the 360 doesnt have full BC and maybe we can then argue about how the PS3 is going to be better!  After that to top off all of this nonsense rehashing we can compare the Madden series to the 2k series!  

Jesus, we know the next-gen EA games are lacking features, is it really necessary to start a thread about it?

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 01:48:54 PM »

Gator - What about PSP vs. DS?

Wasn't a thread to start what IS missing. I thought it would be good to see if we can guess what WILL BE missing in the games this fall.

I haven't seen anyone do this in here.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 02:39:44 PM »

Quote from: "GatorFavre"
After this lets talk about how the 360 doesnt have full BC and maybe we can then argue about how the PS3 is going to be better!  After that to top off all of this nonsense rehashing we can compare the Madden series to the 2k series!  

Jesus, we know the next-gen EA games are lacking features, is it really necessary to start a thread about it?

If it bothers you so much, you could just not read the post.  This is a valid topic of discussion, no reason to get so bitchy.

Personally my guess is that create a player will be the next feature to get the axe.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 04:00:36 PM »

I'm guessing that NHL will be missing strategy settings and sliders as well as the co-op, just because I'm mean.

Never played their other sports games enough to make predictions.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 04:11:21 PM »

Quote from: "jblank"
Quote from: "TheMissingLink"

It's the presentation that is the most lacking. I'm happy with the gameplay, but for the 360 they need to work on the presentation.

Pretty much.  The missing "features" are things I'd never give two shits about anyway.  The presentation... while not really bad, isn't quite anything close to good either.

gellar
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 04:35:27 PM »

Yeah, I agree with that, though on Madden I think it was inexcusable to leave off some of the things they omitted. In any event, if they would just integrate the ESPN presentation into their games a bit more, I would be totally happy.

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 11:37:03 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"

If it bothers you so much, you could just not read the post.  This is a valid topic of discussion, no reason to get so bitchy.

Personally my guess is that create a player will be the next feature to get the axe.

I'm sorry my post offended you so much.  I truly am deeply sorry from the bottom of my heart that your feelings were hurt.  I was just tired of the nonstop EA hate that plagues every message board.  I'll take you advice and avoid them from now on.  Thank you.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 12:28:55 AM »

AH!  He's an EA fanboy!  Burn him!  Tongue

The strange thing is, I can't think of too much a reason why these features are missing.  Think about it, they're not actually changing the gameplay all that much, and some of these missing features are solely outside the game based on simple numerical stats.  All you need is a new interface and they can plug in an older system.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 01:17:40 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
AH!  He's an EA fanboy!  Burn him!  Tongue

The strange thing is, I can't think of too much a reason why these features are missing.  Think about it, they're not actually changing the gameplay all that much, and some of these missing features are solely outside the game based on simple numerical stats.  All you need is a new interface and they can plug in an older system.

Not a fanboy at all what-so-ever.  In fact I much prefer 2k's NBA and NHL games to the shitty EA versions and I enjoyed NFL2k5 quite a bit.  I just dont think EA deserve all the hate.  There are far worse game companies out there.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 02:12:11 AM »

I agree with Gator and have ripped the 2K games (Hockey especially) for missing the mark BUT piling on EA is something we're all going to do so I figured why not get it out of the way and have some fun with it.

Which game or console (besides the DS) doesn't get hammered a little bit in here?

EA is the 800 lb. gorilla so they take the biggest beating - They are doing just fine. Even facing the wrath of GT!  biggrin

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 01:15:43 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"

I'm sorry my post offended you so much.  I truly am deeply sorry from the bottom of my heart that your feelings were hurt.  I was just tired of the nonstop EA hate that plagues every message board.  I'll take you advice and avoid them from now on.  Thank you.

Yeah you are right, the EA hate is completely and utterly uncalled for and is a plague.  Not like EA has ever released a buggy ass game then refused to patch it, or cut features from next gen titles, it must be everyone's imagination this happened in.  My whole point is if it bothers you so much, why even bother reading it and trying to police the forum.  This is a forum for discussion.  If people want to discuss it and it doesn't violate the CoC then let em be.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 01:18:26 AM »

Did anyone guess "fatigue" would be left out of the 360 version of Madden?  :slywink:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: