http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 06:33:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EA Announces EA Sports Premium Pass (Madden 2005 related)  (Read 2005 times)
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2004, 12:22:46 AM »

EA announced the "big announcement" they've been talking about.  It is called EA Sports Premium Pass and will include such things as online leagues, specialized message boards, career pages, etc. if you sign up.  It will ask you for a credit card number, but you will not be charged since Dodge is picking up the bill.

EA is hoping this will cut out a lot of the people that cut their connection in order to not have a loss last year, then went and created a new EA Sports Nation user.  This service will be available on both the PS2 and Xbox versions.

No word yet on if this Pass will extend to other EA Sports games coming up or if it will ever cost a thing in order to use.  You can check out the fulll Press Release for all the info because it is rather long with a lot of features in it.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 12:52:51 AM »

so, if they are not charging you, why do they need my credit card again?
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 12:55:30 AM »

I can only guess it is twofold:

1. No underage kids that want a "perfect record" will be able to sign up, eliminating a lot of cheesers, disconnectors, etc.

2. I can only guess it will eventually cost to have these options in upcoming EA Sports games...and I would guess it would cost next year with Madden 2006.

Just guesses on my part though.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 01:03:04 AM »

1: adults are just as guilty as anyone else.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 01:35:33 AM »

EA wants your money BAD.  I can't blame them, as they are a business.  As a shareholder (is that a bannable offense?) I am all for it.  As a gamer I don't like the idea one bit, but this in the internet age many expect everything to be free.

It's all part of a giant plan to eventually cash in like Microsoft does with their Live subscriptions.  EA has failed miserably in the past (buying Pogo, Motor City Online, Sims Online), with the only bright spot I can think of being Ultima Online.

The entire idea makes sense, but they have to give people a reason to do it.  A nice free trial to get people hooked sounds like a pretty fail-safe way.  Eventually they will start charging after they get a nice subscriber base and run it through their bean counters.

I thought this was one of the big reasons EA didn't want to be a part of Live, because they wanted to charge their own fees for their games.

At the end of the day I don't mind.  If they give me something I percieve as being a good value I will be happy to sign up.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 02:22:56 AM »

Quote from: "naednek"

You are right, however I was pointing out it would probably eliminate the younger crowd.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 04:44:12 AM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
Quote from: "naednek"

You are right, however I was pointing out it would probably eliminate the younger crowd.

that is true, but it won't be eliminating the cheesers Tongue
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 08:58:10 PM »

Amen to that, Ken.  Football games seem to bring out the cheese in people.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 11:49:16 PM »

Cheese is a hard thing.  I think everyone cheeses a little bit... I mean shit, if I'm down by 7, in the 4th quarter, 3rd and 10, and have a play that I KNOW will get me 10 yards every time... how do I not call it in that situation?

gellar
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2004, 04:05:44 AM »

Well, word so far on Madden 2005 is that money plays are non-existant with the new, robust defensive system.  I'm sure people will find holes though, they always do it seems.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: